Ravensfanspls

Will Hill Signed

107 posts in this topic

It's easy to say this is the last guy we should sign with all the Ray Rice controversy and offseason arrests, the return to the perception of the Ravens as thugs, etc., but if you step back from all that for a moment, this has the potential to be a huge signing.

This guy has gobs of talent; aggressive in run support, fast, looks good in coverage, pretty solid tackler.  Darian Stewart will probably be decent but unspectacular, Terrence Brooks needs time to develop.  The upside of this guy if he stays out of trouble is tremendous, and if he screws up again it's an easy decision to unload him.  The only real downside is the "even MORE evidence the Ravens are criminals!" chatter, but this is coming from the same "Ray Lewis Murderer lol!" doofuses who wouldn't relent no matter what we do, so who cares?

Provides talent in camp that helps our depth and allows defense to give offense good looks.

During suspension doesn't affect roster numbers and if we are struggling when over he gets a shot. If we are playing well he doesn't impact cap

With a 6 game suspension, I wonder if he's signed for more than a year.

1 year, minimum deal with no signing bonus.  However, he's an RFA after the year so we'd still have first dibs on him via the tender if we want to keep him.

1 year, minimum deal with no signing bonus.  However, he's an RFA after the year so we'd still have first dibs on him via the tender if we want to keep him.

So we got him locked if he plays well and can release him asap if he doesn't

Can't hurt. This can only pay off.

Our image already sucks right now, so what's one more controversy? Kidding, lol. 

Like the signing. This guy could really pay off

Our image already sucks right now, so what's one more controversy? Kidding, lol. 

You say kidding, but I agree with that statement lol.  We have 5 arrests/issues already.  Is 6 the magic number that confines the team to eternal damnation?  I think not, so hey, why not pick up a character risk?

You say kidding, but I agree with that statement lol.  We have 5 arrests/issues already.  Is 6 the magic number that confines the team to eternal damnation?  I think not, so hey, why not pick up a character risk?

McClain and Doss were also arrested. Can you imagine? lol

It really can't get any worse this offseason so whatever honestly. 

Exactly.  Our reputation is already ruined.  Might as well take some chances on these guys now, especially if they're as good as Hill is.

Exactly.  Our reputation is already ruined.  Might as well take some chances on these guys now, especially if they're as good as Hill is.

Agreed. Nothing will rehabilitate our image except time so...

Will Hill is a great player, but also a great Horses rear. But if the great player is more present than the great Horses rear then we have a steal. This is a guy who PFF graded as the SECOND best safety in the league.

Being the villain isn't so bad, we won a Super Bowl in that role in 2000. I don't really support Rice or the management's response but the Ravens will always be my team and I'll always defend them.

I like the fact that he's only 24. If he cleans up his act (big IF), then I agree that this could be another typical Ozzie steal.

You say kidding, but I agree with that statement lol. We have 5 arrests/issues already. Is 6 the magic number that confines the team to eternal damnation? I think not, so hey, why not pick up a character risk?

Exactly. Our reputation is already ruined. Might as well take some chances on these guys now, especially if they're as good as Hill is.

I have to admit I agree with this. Frankly, we've reached Bengal level anyhow, so what the heck. Might as well hit rock bottom and hope to start climbing back up.

In reading the comments from Ozzie and Harbaugh, they seem to think Hill is ready to straighten out his off field issues. Stating the obvious, if it works this signing could end up being huge for the future of the D.   

I have to admit I agree with this. Frankly, we've reached Bengal level anyhow, so what the heck. Might as well hit rock bottom and hope to start climbing back up.

When was the last time the Bengals won a championship?

Or even a playoff game?

Even with all their talent?

I don't want us to be "Bengal level".

I'd rather see us return to "Playing like a Raven".

Giants organization is a very organized frnachise. If Coughlin and the personnel couldn't help him, I highly doubt he'll change here.

Some people just don't get it. You can't fix stupid.

Edited by Ravenseconbeast

Giants organization is a very organized frnachise. If Coughlin and the personnel couldn't help him, I highly doubt he'll change here.

Some people just don't get it. You can't fix stupid.

Agree. I'm sure he told the Giants that he changed too. But it's worth a shot.

Let me ask this question. 

Is Hill's character all that bad? I didn't get a chance to see the link rmw shared the other day, so I don't know what was there. Big Brother took it down before I could see. However, all his suspensions are adderall or weed related. Big deal. Yeah, okay, adderall is on the NFL's banned substance list for some stupid reason, so I guess it is a violation, even if it is stupid. Weed is still illegal in most states, but it's being decriminalized here in MD, and it's on its way to being legalized throughout the U.S. 

Seriously. It's only weed and adderall. 

To me, the causes for his suspensions aren't that big a deal. I'm not too familiar with his character, though, so I can't speak on that.

Edited by The Raven

Is Hill's character all that bad? I didn't get a chance to see the link rmw shared the other day, so I don't know what was there. Big Brother took it down before I could see. However, all his suspensions are adderall or weed related. Big deal. Yeah, okay, adderall is on the NFL's banned substance list for some stupid reason, so I guess it is a violation, even if it is stupid. Weed is still illegal in most states, but it's being decriminalized here in MD, and it's on its way to being legalized throughout the U.S.

To me, the causes for his suspensions aren't that big a deal. I'm not too familiar with his character, though, so I can't speak on that.

Google about his other off field incidents too, like trashing a beach house. I don't care for him right now as a man, but I'm really hoping he straightens out his act. Dude is mad talented.

And I'm partial to villains and underdogs anyways, why not be both? 2014 Ravens: The Villainous Underdogs.

Google about his other off field incidents too, like trashing a beach house. I don't care for him right now as a man, but I'm really hoping he straightens out his act. Dude is mad talented.

And I'm partial to villains and underdogs anyways, why not be both? 2014 Ravens: The Villainous Underdogs.

We went through most of the 2000 season in that role, why not?

Talented with all that immature stuff going on in his life. If getting getting cut by his hometown team is the wakeup call that it should be, he'll clean it up. I'd be excited to see his talent develop with a clean life off the field. 

Google Will Hill tweets and you'll find out just how much of a knucklehead he was in college.

Naturally, he claimed that his account was hacked...suppose it could be true but then when you consider he can't stay off the "sour" even in the NFL...smh at such wasted talent.

I may be wrong but I think some people use adderall to help sharpen their mind and keep them focus in which has been made famous by college student especially when they have to take a test/final exam. Well NFl players have to study to so some may take adderall to help them with their play book studies and etc. I can definitely understand why adderall is on the NFL banned substance list especially if a player isn't medically clear by his doctor to take it.

Will Hill problems aren't super serious but his colleges days are pretty  interesting lol. I would say he went through a immature phase at that time and really was posting way too much information on his twitter.

I watched Will play each and every game he played in high school.  His talent is limitless and he is and never has been a thug.  Unfortunately, he has been surrounded by people who consciously or unconsciously haven't looked after his best interests, not theirs.  Yes, he has acted irresponsibly and jeopardized his career by staying around people who have helped drag him down and put himself in situations that a reasonable person in his position would know to avoid.  There's no way he should be involved in the music business at the same time he is trying to kick his weed jones.  The bottom line is that I believe he knows this his last chance and I pray he finally has the strength to be his own man.  If he does, I believe the Ravens have a potential perennial all pro at free safety.  He never missed a practice, always gave his all in practice and the game, and worked hard to excel in his role in various defensive schemes. Here's just a taste of how Will Hill plays and why, as a Giants fan,  I'm bummed that the Giants gave up on him.  He's absolutely electric. 

I watched Will play each and every game he played in high school.  His talent is limitless and he is and never has been a thug.  Unfortunately, he has been surrounded by people who consciously or unconsciously haven't looked after his best interests, not theirs.  Yes, he has acted irresponsibly and jeopardized his career by staying around people who have helped drag him down and put himself in situations that a reasonable person in his position would know to avoid.  There's no way he should be involved in the music business at the same time he is trying to kick his weed jones.  The bottom line is that I believe he knows this his last chance and I pray he finally has the strength to be his own man.  If he does, I believe the Ravens have a potential perennial all pro at free safety.  He never missed a practice, always gave his all in practice and the game, and worked hard to excel in his role in various defensive schemes. Here's just a taste of how Will Hill plays and why, as a Giants fan,  I'm bummed that the Giants gave up on him.  He's absolutely electric. 

WOW... the kid a one baller ... i am so excited about this pick up.... welcome to the  :baltimore-ravens:  :baltimore-ravens:  :baltimore-ravens:  :baltimore-ravens: :baltimore-ravens:

Signing Will was a prescient & timely move by the Oz. He has an amazing ability to see the Ravens weaknesses and find players that improve the roster. FS may be a weakness for the 1st half of the season but no roster is ever perfect. Welcome to the Ravens Mr. Hill.

I know they're just highlights but the players he's doing it against is just so damn impressive.

Praying he gets his stuff together...He has pro bowl/all pro potential. Couldn't be in a better place right now as far as FS being a need for us.

To steal a great movie line, "The saddest thing in the world is wasted talent". If you're reading this forum, Will (To see what the fans are saying about you) please realize the gift you have. The second chance the Ravens gave you....The freaking money you could make!! Smarten up. So many people dream about being in the position you're in.