81 replies to this topic

#1 Cillmatic

Cillmatic

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

This is beyond disrespectful, this presumably drunk scumbag and his friend decided it would be a good idea to urinate on a mans grave. This is sick and I hope they get arrested as soon possible.

Article & video: http://deadspin.com/...rave-1609319652

#2 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

There is an article in the Baltimore Sun too.....  Here's to hoping that they find that guy and prosecute him...  for vandalism, destruction of property, and urinating in public.......

117hd79.jpg

#3 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

Absolutely despicable. First and foremost Art was a human being, and a father. Any disdain that Browns fans have for the man come in second place to those very basic facts. Disrespect to the dead is extremely disgusting, and being drunk is certainly no excuse. Furthermore, Browns fans who still have such a level of hate for the man need to reevaluate their lives. Their team has been back for over a decade, get over it. 

#4 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,379 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Never mind it being Art Modell, just, how do you pee on a grave, period? Beyond disrespectful 

#5 Raven552

Raven552

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

Comment deleted because Moderator 3 is correct, not all Cleveland fans act like this.

I doubt they will ever find out who he was.. :(

Edited by Raven552, 23 July 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#6 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,892 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

Cleveland Browns fans = Classless

Let's not paint them all with the same brush. Also, please remember these are "no smack" forums.
15fqib6.jpg

#7 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

I just find it annoying that some idiot thought he was making a "statement" by doing it.

Birds crap on the graves of Browns fans every day and it equally doesn't matter.

#8 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,981 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

I have a very good friend who is a Browns fan and his handle is Browns Fan here, and he would never do that . this goes beyond football. For those not local, WBAL did a piece on this and Baltimore County Police are looking for the guy and the cemetery will press charges.
68f2a8.jpg

#9 pmr468

pmr468

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

What a scumbag. Hope he gets caught.

#10 beasy2487

beasy2487

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:54 PM

Absolutely despicable. First and foremost Art was a human being, and a father. Any disdain that Browns fans have for the man come in second place to those very basic facts. Disrespect to the dead is extremely disgusting, and being drunk is certainly no excuse. Furthermore, Browns fans who still have such a level of hate for the man need to reevaluate their lives. Their team has been back for over a decade, get over it. 

Not defending the action in any way, but I think the bold is overstated here. We compare their pain to our pain and say if we got over it so should they. I don't think that's fair. I used to live in Chicago and befriended some Ohio transplants and when they explained it to me, honestly the hurt doesn't compare at all. Not because of what happened, which was essentially the same, but because of the aftermath. We lost our team, were devastated, got a team back many years later, and have since achieved glory in some of the most improbable ways ever. Browns fans lost their team, which had a head coach by the name of Bill Belichick and a by the name of Ozzie Newsome (Hometown hero blah blah blah). The team moved, Belichick was fired, Newsome stayed on. I don't think I need to get into what ended up happening with those two guys.

Again, none of this is to say desecrating a Modell's resting place is justified, but while Modell is a harbinger of providence for us, he is the single greatest factor in this history of Cleveland sports misery(especially now that Lebron has returned). I understand the rancor, but it's sad they lack the class to hand it more constructively. If you believe in karma...maybe this has something to do with it.

#11 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,788 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

He should be locked up, throw away the key. We don't need a guy like him running around in this society. Also I hate guys like this who take sports way too seriously. Hopefully he is able to get a life in jail.

#12 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

Someone is taking the game far too seriously.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#13 PurpleCityLights

PurpleCityLights

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:08 AM

This is not gonna blow over easily here in Baltimore btw dude had #20 Reed Jersey on over top his Browns Jersey. He put us in it by wearing that......

#14 airconteka1

airconteka1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:10 AM

All I can say to that Browns fan is, urine a lot of trouble.

Sorry.

Edited by airconteka1, 24 July 2014 - 12:11 AM.

#15 funky141

funky141

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:51 AM

This.

#16 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

Not defending the action in any way, but I think the bold is overstated here. We compare their pain to our pain and say if we got over it so should they. I don't think that's fair. I used to live in Chicago and befriended some Ohio transplants and when they explained it to me, honestly the hurt doesn't compare at all. Not because of what happened, which was essentially the same, but because of the aftermath. We lost our team, were devastated, got a team back many years later, and have since achieved glory in some of the most improbable ways ever. Browns fans lost their team, which had a head coach by the name of Bill Belichick and a by the name of Ozzie Newsome (Hometown hero blah blah blah). The team moved, Belichick was fired, Newsome stayed on. I don't think I need to get into what ended up happening with those two guys.

Again, none of this is to say desecrating a Modell's resting place is justified, but while Modell is a harbinger of providence for us, he is the single greatest factor in this history of Cleveland sports misery(especially now that Lebron has returned). I understand the rancor, but it's sad they lack the class to hand it more constructively. If you believe in karma...maybe this has something to do with it.

I have to say that the two moves really were completely different. The Colts went to Indy and took the team's name and all of memorabilia and history. And it took 12 years for the NFL to return to Bmore, no thanks to the NFL, but to Mr. Modell.

The Browns left Cleveland in '96 and the name, history and memorabilia remained with the city.  It was most apparent that they would get a team and it happened only two years after the Browns departure. This was a minor inconvenience compared to what Baltimore endured. 

Agreed that an established organization came here and the new Browns were an expansion team.  But what kind of success were the Browns achieving at the time they left? Seems the move spurred a resurrection of the franchise that may not have occurred had they remained next to Lake Erie.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#17 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

Not defending the action in any way, but I think the bold is overstated here. We compare their pain to our pain and say if we got over it so should they. I don't think that's fair. I used to live in Chicago and befriended some Ohio transplants and when they explained it to me, honestly the hurt doesn't compare at all. Not because of what happened, which was essentially the same, but because of the aftermath. We lost our team, were devastated, got a team back many years later, and have since achieved glory in some of the most improbable ways ever. 

I definitely agree with you. Hard for me to fully understand the true feeling of losing either team, being 23 and from Canada lol. Difficult to relate to losing the team and waiting for it to come back. 

#18 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

The only thing that I would say beasy2487 is... We left them their name, their logo's, and their history...  In our situation, EVERYTHING was snatched from Baltimore...  even the secretary's desk with her personal belongings in it....  Not only that, but in case you haven't been there....  Johnny U, and the rest of the boys are displayed in the Pro Football Hall of fame with the Indianapolis Colts... HUGE difference...

I have watched the 1995 Cleveland Browns on NFL Network's - A Football Life... yeah, I felt for them.

Maybe some should watch ESPN's - 30 for 30 - The Band that Wouldn't Die.... 

They knew in advance that the Browns were leaving Cleveland...  It was denied To Baltimore right up and until the Mayflower Moving Vans pulled out of Owings Mills.

It not only took us YEARS, but MILLIONS of dollars to get a team....  and we couldn't keep our wonderful Colts name or Logo, or history.

HUGE Difference....  I grew up with MY Colts

I love my Ravens with all my heart and soul...  But NOW I will never waiver from the Purple and Black....  EVER!

117hd79.jpg

#19 Tiz

Tiz

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

The only thing that I would say beasy2487 is... We left them their name, their logo's, and their history...  In our situation, EVERYTHING was snatched from Baltimore...  even the secretary's desk with her personal belongings in it....  Not only that, but in case you haven't been there....  Johnny U, and the rest of the boys are displayed in the Pro Football Hall of fame with the Indianapolis Colts... HUGE difference...

I have watched the 1995 Cleveland Browns on NFL Network's - A Football Life... yeah, I felt for them.
Maybe some should watch ESPN's - 30 for 30 - The Band that Wouldn't Die.... 

They knew in advance that the Browns were leaving Cleveland...  It was denied To Baltimore right up and until the Mayflower Moving Vans pulled out of Owings Mills.

It not only took us YEARS, but MILLIONS of dollars to get a team....  and we couldn't keep our wonderful Colts name or Logo, or history.

HUGE Difference....  I grew up with MY Colts

I love my Ravens with all my heart and soul...  But NOW I will never waiver from the Purple and Black....  EVER!

Agreed. No I don't think he browns move is in the same level as the colts quickly getting out of town.
IMO its on the same plane as the cardinals moving from chi to at.louis to Phoenix, oiler moving to tenn, raiders and rams moving.
Simply because in all accounts it was ownership fighting for a new stadium and was in a situation where they were losing money in their current environment.

Almost immediately upon the move the nfl announced Cleveland browns would be back, same thing happens with the city of Houston iirc. So no I don't feel sorry for them, don't think it is the same thing and yes I'd like to say get over it.

Ftr my father in law is Cleveland born and raised. Big browns fans and is over it. Jokes about he 2000 Lombardi being shared but hats as far as it goes, just jokes.

#20 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

That's just classless.I don't care what you think about what decisions someone makes about a football team,that's just something no one should ever do.That's someones deceased father and grandfathers grave you're doing that on.I can't even imagine what thoughts must've went through the families head finding out that some idiot urinated on their loved ones grave.Forget jail time,I'd want to seriously hurt the person if that was my father,uncle or any relative of mine.I'm having a hard time not cursing in this post just thinking about it.

Edited by HomeoftheBRAVENS, 24 July 2014 - 08:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users