49 replies to this topic

#1 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

Well. I need something to take my mind off of the freaking health scare. So let me waste your time.

Rules are simple. Last year in order of depth chart I'll analyze the teams. I'll update them as the games continue but will start now and today to save time in the future..

Conveniently I'm first! :D.

I'm not going to rosterbate and approach this objectively....

Strike Force Wisconsin
tumblr_ls2f2lsaXm1r3h4j7o1_500.jpg

Codizzle's Troller: Mike Conley
The Veteran: Dwyane Wade
UCLA homerism!: Aaron Afflalo
The Leader: Lamarcus Aldrige
Leonidis/Wolverine/Brawny man(follow his non flammable pants to freedom!): Nikola Pekovic

Future Terrorist Mastermind: Trey Burke
The Sixth Man: Eric Gordon
Old Man Jenkins: Paul Pierce
The traitor to his own country: Kelly Olynyk
Defensive Tactician: Samuel Dalembert

My former identity(Mr. irrelevant): Norris Cole
Poppin Tags: Ben M(a)c(k)lemore
D Tactician 2: Tayshaun Prince
D Tactician 3: luc richard mbah a moute
3 point wannabe: Andrew Bynum

This is the greatest team ever assembled and puts the dream team to shame...

Ok. That's not my assessment.

I'm analyzing a little differently. Who the team is built around and how they will do things.... I'll do this for every team(and yes I'm talking in 3rd person... Deal with it)

Who is the team built around: SAM has decided to build his team around Lamarcus Aldrige and Mike Conley.

Aldrige: Maybe the most offensively (scoring wise anyway) skilled PF in the nba. An excellent pick and roll man and has a deadly mid range jumper. Can score from beyond the arch, but not often. Is also an excellent rebounder. He opens up the floor.

Conley: The immature and childish SAM took Conley to piss off the poster known as Codizzle. He will learn eventually, but this pick was a reach......

However, Conley is a good compliment to Aldrige as he became something of a go to scorer for Memphis, being very good offensively. He's a decent distributor and is also decent with his 3 point jumper. His real value comes with his defense, as he is a lockdown defender. So it's not a total loss. It is a loss though.

Other key players
Dwyane Wade: Wade has two perfect compliments to him. Aldrige offensively opens up the paint cause he can score from anywhere, and Conley and Affalo open up the three ball. Wade will be a slasher player here. He will drive the ball to the basket and should be effective as a tertiary scorer. He's no longer the pest defensively he was in his prime, but he should be good.

Aaron: A true 3 and D player who will start, but at an unnatural position. SAM probably brought him in to move him to the 2 when Wade becomes injured. He's not a potent scorer, but he is effective and he's also a great defender. The backcourt has an elite perimeter defense.

Pekovic: A monster within the paint. Brought in to be the monster and to be given more touches for when Wade goes down. Outside of that the rest of his game is average.

Paul Pierce: Brought in to start at SF for when Wade goes down, and Aaron moves to SG. He provides veteran leadership as well as a good all around game. While not the star he used to be. He'll be serviceable defensively and in clutch situations.

SAM's non biased take: SAM possesses a well balanced team. The players compliment each other skill set wise. They can score from any level and have competent defenders. They have decent facilitators, and a few good rebounders. The only true risk on this team would be Wade and Gordon's injury history. With Gordon moving to the bench, his issues will be lowered. Wade has a competent backup as well, but will still sit out 20 games a year. The team posses (with the exception of Kelly) good basketball players and player wise, the selections were safe for what they are. This team is a borderline top 10 one.

SAM's Biased Take: I hate this team..... It lacks star power, and won't win a championship, that said it will be competitive. It's well balanced but that's not enough.

Edited by SecretAgentMan, 01 August 2014 - 07:32 PM.

Banned

#2 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:46 AM

Too early to be judging teams. Wait until the process is over.

Posted Image

#3 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,974 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

Your team is hot garbage and I hope you cry
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#4 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,039 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

I read the "SAM's non biased take" in a robot voice and then your "bias take" in the normal voice i picture you in for some reason lol

#5 NFLfan123

NFLfan123

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

WTH? Have we even finished the draft

2014 Oakland Raiders GM

2014 Buffalo Pirates GM

#6 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:06 PM

WTH? Have we even finished the draft

Nope. But I'll update it as we go.... I won't publish the remaining grades till after the draft then. That fair?
Banned

#7 NFLfan123

NFLfan123

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

Nope. But I'll update it as we go.... I won't publish the remaining grades till after the draft then. That fair?

No

2014 Oakland Raiders GM

2014 Buffalo Pirates GM

#8 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,065 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Picks  from here on out really don't matter anyway.

Blitz every down! It's the only way to win!

#9 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

Picks from here on out really don't matter anyway.

exactly what I was thinking when I made the thread. But I'm a puppet for the ppl
Banned

#10 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

And here we go....

Calvinsmoke's soft marriage team
Roster:
PG - Jose Calderon
SG - DeMar DeRozan
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Paul Millsap
C - Andrew Bogut
6th- Isaiah Thomas
B - Spencer Hawes
B - Miles Plumlee
B - Shawn Marion
B - Jeremy Lamb
B - Emeka Okafor
B - Martell Webster

Who's it built around? It's lead by definitive superstar Carmelo Anthony and underrated superstar DeRozan. Calderon and Millisap can open things up.

Melo: Do I need to explain his scoring ability? He can light up the score... But he's not good for much else. He can grab boards. And does so well... But does he do anything else? Not really, making him a hard guy to build around. But I applaud you. You did it well with the talent around you.

DeRozan: One of my favorite players and one of the most underrated. a two way player, he can do everything and is a very good compliment to Mell

Jose: Good distributor and an excellent 3 point shot.

Paul M: Another all star gives your lineup a big 3. Good on the boards and good as a scorer.

Bogut: An elite defensive player who grabs boards in his sleep. He's injury prone though.

Thomas: Holy crap your team can score... Thomas is an underrated distributor and an excellent scorer. I don't know why he's coming off the bench. Only reason he is in the real nba is because Bledsoe won't last a whole season. He's a bad defender though, but as a backup, I'm not too worried.

Overall: the team can score. It has it's (many) defensive liabilities, but will be a competitive team due to its scoring depth. Nice job
Banned

#11 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

I wouldn't call DeRozan a superstar. Then again, I personally reserve that label for the 10 or 15 best players in the NBA.

Posted Image

#12 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

I think this team is more than solid :)

z66oxxi.jpg

#13 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

I wouldn't call DeRozan a superstar. Then again, I personally reserve that label for the 10 or 15 best players in the NBA.

DeRozan might just be the best two way SG in the nba. He's a lockdown defender and a good scorer. Pretty good distributor as well....
Banned

#14 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

And another!
Gabe's Russel Westbrook Lovefest
Starting 5:

G: Russell Westbrook
G: Eric Bledsoe
SF: Chandler Parsons
PF: Taj Gibson
C: Brook Lopez

Bench:

6th Man: Manu Ginobli
Stretch Big: Ryan Anderson
Freak: Giannis Antetokounmpo
Guard: Jeremy Lin
Center: Mason Plumlee
Westbrook clone: Zach Lavine

Let's take a look at the most dynamic team in this game.

Westbrook: The most hated man in the nba is a freak athlete who flashed his maximum potential during the playoffs.... He's one of the few players (along with Lebron, Durant, and Melo) who as a scorer can become unstoppable if he wants to be. He's a good defender, and although his 3 pour shot is crap, he's going to get his points

Bledsoe: See above. He's nicknamed mini Bron for a reason. One of the best 2 way players in the game. He's not AMAZING as a facilitator, but he can get the job done.

Parsons: Another great two way player who opens up the 3 ball and can play elite defense.

Taj Gibson: Does everything well. Not a master at any but very good.

Lopez: My only legit ? For this team. If he comes back healthy, then offensively the team will be imposing... I would've drafted a more adequate backup

Ginobli: A crafty European sixth man who's a good scorer. Very good off the bench.

Anderson: Health was a concern but he's a good scorer. Not much else though.

Overall... The depth is good. I would say it's balanced, but it's far more an offensive team than defensive, even if it is a good defensive team... I'd pick this team to be a title contender. But there is a liability in rebounding. I would've gotten a guy who's good on the boards.

Edited by SecretAgentMan, 01 August 2014 - 09:05 PM.

Banned

#15 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

DeRozan might just be the best two way SG in the nba. He's a lockdown defender and a good scorer. Pretty good distributor as well....

He's a solid defender and underrated in that facet, but labeling him as the best two-way SG in the NBA is arguably a bit of a stretch. He's a lengthy and athletic scorer who has developed a jumper, but I thought that he settled for more outside shots than he should have and quite a few of them were tough looks. I'm a fan of DeRozan and have been. I would just personally reserve the superstar label for the best players in the NBA, and I don't know that he's quite there yet.

Edited by -Truth-, 01 August 2014 - 09:33 PM.

Posted Image

#16 NFLfan123

NFLfan123

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

He's a solid defender and underrated in that facet, but labeling him as the best two-way SG in the NBA is arguably a bit of a stretch. He's a lengthy and athletic scorer who has developed a jumper, but I thought that he settled for more outside shots than he should have and quite a few of them were tough looks. I'm a fan of DeRozan and have been. I would just personally reserve the superstar label for the best players in the NBA, and I don't know that he's quite there yet.

Agreed, I have been a big fan of DeRozan since his rookie year, but he's not a superstar yet.

2014 Oakland Raiders GM

2014 Buffalo Pirates GM

#17 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:29 PM

Agreed, I have been a big fan of DeRozan since his rookie year, but he's not a superstar yet.

You've followed him longer than I have. Glad that you agree. And that isn't meant to take away from what he offers. He's made a habit of working on his weaknesses, so he could take another jump.

Edited by -Truth-, 01 August 2014 - 11:30 PM.

Posted Image

#18 NFLfan123

NFLfan123

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:34 PM

You've followed him longer than I have. Glad that you agree. And that isn't meant to take away from what he offers. He's made a habit of working on his weaknesses, so he could take another jump.

Yeah, he has gotten better every year he's played in, and considering he is just 24, I expect the same in '14-'15. His three point shot has improved immensely, I still can't believe he shot just 9.6% from deep in a full 82 start campaign in his sophomore season.

2014 Oakland Raiders GM

2014 Buffalo Pirates GM

#19 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

One of my new favorites and I REALLY like him and hate James Harden. So I'm biased. But he's got potential
Banned

#20 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

I read the "SAM's non biased take" in a robot voice and then your "bias take" in the normal voice i picture you in for some reason lol

It's ok. Cause my voice for you as of this moment is Justin bieber pre puberty...... We are even :P
Banned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users