Ravens-Texans      Joe Flacco      Schedule   

Photo

Board Members Only: Win Passes to Training Camp!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Admin 3

Admin 3

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

trainingcamp.jpg

A special contest exclusively for our Message Board community!

We've got 8 passes to Ravens Training Camp practice on Sunday, July 27th at the Under Armour Performance Center to give away. (Each pass admits a group of 5 fans.)

All you have to do for a chance to win one of them is reply on this thread and tell us in 200 words or less what you're most excited to see this upcoming season. We'll select 8 fans who post comments and PM them on Monday, July 21st.

And don't forget to visit www.BaltimoreRavens.com/TrainingCamp for information about the three stadium practices that are free and open to the public in the coming few weeks.

So who wants the passes?!

#2 FastEddie

FastEddie

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

As a Raven’s fan, it really is hard not to be excited for the upcoming season. Considering we signed an OC who has a history of having a great offensive mind, it will be interesting to see how our latest additions at RB will fair in his system. Two out of the three completely new Ravens! I’m also really excited to see Joe in this system. I really think he is going to have one of those years that shows his potential at the position in the right system. My guesstimation is going to be that there will be a lot more attention directed towards Steve Smith than what we anticipate.

I'm also really excited to see our rookies in action in the pre-season. This year I feel like we struck gold with a few players who will actually contribute to the team in each phase. My top two rookies I’ll be keeping a close eye on will be Mosley and Campanaro. At first, I thought the LB pick was a bit of a stretch, but I really think the BPA theory worked to our advantage this year. Camp will be fun to watch grow under Smith Sr. and truly think this guy is going to be a late round gem for us in the slot.

Go Ravens!

#3 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,045 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

I'm really excited just to watch the Ravens period since I've been away on training for the Army for 7 months and missed most of the season and I'll be away from the 28th of July until the 9th of August while I'm training with my unit so this is really the only chance I have since I wasn't selected for the tickets on the website. Thanks.

#4 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,039 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

What am I most excited about? hmmmm, hard to say. Besides TC, preseason and week 1, I'm really excited to see Kubiak's offense. Steve Smiths first catch as a Raven. CJ Mosleys first tackle of a thousand. I'm excited about the unveiling of the GOATs statue. Heaps ring of honor. Watching The 120 put up those Pro Bowl stats and shutting a lot of media people/weird fans up. Our scary TE duo. Torrey & Marlons progressions. Steeler weeks. 'Blood & Guts', week 4. Flacco vs Ryan, week 7. A million other things I can't possibly describe in less then 200 words, or will I try to.

What I'm most excited about though? Making noise in the postseason again! :)

#5 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

I think what I'm most excited to see this season is  the growth of our team . There has been alot of people questioning our leadership since last year because we lost Ray Lewis,Matt Birk, Ed Reed and  Anquan Boldin. Ever since then people are stating or questioning if we could ever be a  winning team again. I can't wait to see our guys prove them all wrong and show  this is still a strong leadership team and it's a  bout time to say the  new generation  time is now. 

I will forever be thankful for the great things Reed, Lewis, Boldin, and Birk done for our team but  all things come to a end . The end does not mean new beginnings will not start and will not bloom.

#6 Kenny

Kenny

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

I am excited about the new offensive coordinator and excited to see how the offensive line does this season. Also I am excited about the new players and cannot wait to see how well they work with our team. Of course looking forward to seeing Joe take us to the post season again. GO RAVENS!!!!!
Kenny Long

#7 JHarris

JHarris

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

I'm most excited to see the new offense and who steps up in the run game. Almost as much I'm curious to see if the "younger-faster" defense can return to the top 5.

#8 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:46 PM

I am most excited about the judges reading these posts.
They are beautiful, wonderful, amazing human beings.
I think they are the cogs that make the Ravens organization what it is today. I think they will be a key factor in the enormous success that the Ravens will see this season.

Edited by K-Dog, 18 July 2014 - 02:46 PM.

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

You DO NOT know more than any coach in the NFL.  You simply do not.

#9 RobFuseRaven

RobFuseRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

What I am most excited for this season is not just the Ravens proving the media wrong, but to actually see them do it in person. There is nothing like the electric feel of 71,000 people roaring a tumultuous wave of sound at an opposing offense. So many people have differences, but the one time we can all band together with one goal is on gameday cheering on our guys in purple. When touchdowns are scored I end up chest bumping and high fiving people that I would've probably never met. The live experience is a roller coaster of emotion. One minute you feel dread and the next, it feels like cloud nine. I've remained a guy who will never leave the game until the "hay is in the barn", as Gerry Sandusky would say. All too many times I've seen an impossible situation only for us to make an epic comeback. This may sound lame, but I also love the feeling of yelling the Seven Nation Army tune after a great victory while fans are walking out of the building. Ahh the camaraderie. I am so ready for this season. Go Ravens!

AREYOUNOTENTERTAINED_zpsc5c83436.png

“If anybody comes inside, I want to kill them.” -Marshal Yanda

#10 B-more Ravor

B-more Ravor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

I am always excited about a new Ravens season.  A Ravens season is always a journey - and win or lose, playoffs or no playoffs, is always about the ride.  Having lived through the years without an NFL team, every season - good or bad - is one to be cherished.

This year, I'm excited about seeing the new offense and seeing if Kubiak can get Flacco to be the consistent QB that we all have been looking for.  Also looking forward to seeing how the younger defensive players progress.

Lastly, it doesn't get any better than Sundays at M&T - great atmosphere, great fellowship and hopefully a great season!

Go Ravens!

“Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter - @RavensSalaryCap

#11 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

Good luck to everyone that posts in this thread.

mj5v69.jpg

#12 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

Understandably, I’m really excited to see what the new offense can do. Getting a healthy Yanda and KO, having Monroe for another year, and trading for Zuttah should do wonders for the offense. A competent offensive line will mean a much better running game and a much better Joe, since he won’t be flattened on every play.

Gary Kubiak’s west-coast offense should be a great match. I know a lot of people doubt Joe’s short game accuracy, but I don’t. Joe works at his best when he gets the ball out quickly to his receivers; he just needs to get into a rhythm to do it. This is a rhythm, timing based offense. This should allow Joe to make quick reads, get the ball out, and lead him to a career year.

Defensively, the young talent has me really excited. Dean Pees has never had this much talent on the defense, so I expect to see more exotic packages, more pressure, and a return to dominance defensively because that is Ravens football.

I honestly am beyond excited for the offseason to start. That is the best time of the year, and I expect a return to the playoffs.

Edited by BmoreBird22, 19 July 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#13 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,742 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

I'm always excited for the Ravens' new season! Even with Cam here, I'd hope every year to see an expanded playbook. Call me a forever optimist! 

This upcoming season should prove to be very exciting with the addition of Kubiak and Steve Smith Sr. Not to mention the return of Pitta, one of Flacco's favorite targets. We are poised to have one of our best offensive season yet in my opinion and I can't wait to watch it unfold.

On defense, I believe we'll see a return to our dominating defenses of the past. Spending the last two drafts on defense and the additions of Monroe and D. Smith will give Pees more freedom. I think we'll be back in the Top 5 this season and I do love some hard hitting, physical defense!

I think the entire Ravens' fanbase is in for some awesome surprises this season and I can't wait to experience it with everyone.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#14 BSHU_Miami

BSHU_Miami

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

I'm excited about this entire team, from our faster, youthful defense to our brand spanking new offensive coaching staff. I'm excited about Steve Smith bringing fire to our offense. I'm excited for Joe Flacco working with a great offensive mind and I'm excited for the upcoming redemption for both him and Ray Rice..... It's happening. Last year left a bad taste in our mouths and Ozzie quickly went to work and corrected everything. We are an elite franchise. Let's not be satisfied with the postseason, time to win another ring!

#15 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,253 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

Most people will probably say that they're excited for the new offense under an established offensive mind in Kubiak, but not me.  I'm excited about the young blood on defense.  The Ravens have always prided themselves on playing tough, hard-nosed football, and there's no place that's more evident than on the defensive side of the ball.  With 2 drafts in a row spent solidifying the middle of the defense, you can't help but be excited for what the future holds for this team.  The skill positions are the "sexy" picks.  Admittedly, I would have liked to see us hit a skill position.  At the end of the day though, I couldn't be more thrilled to see how well this young defense comes together.

Plus, what better opportunity could I have to meet some members that I converse with on a regular basis?  I think it'd be a very enjoyable to be given the opportunity to meet some members personally just as much as it would be to be able to watch the hometown team get ready for the season!

#16 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

Im excited to see my Baltimore Ravens back on the field.period.

#17 CharmCityChampions

CharmCityChampions

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

I'm most excited to see what Kubiak can do with this offense, where he can take it, and how he uses the players in it. I'm also excited to see some of the rookies like Mosley and Jernigan and how they do on defense. If it doesn't take our offense long to click, than I see us back in the playoffs and another chance at another ring. We have great depth and ability at all positions so I see no excuses with exceptions of serious injury bugs or something. Let's go Ravens! GO GET EM!

#18 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,936 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

I'm most excited to see them in  a Purple and Black uniform and not in handcuffs taking mugshots.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#19 757RavensFan

757RavensFan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

I'm most excited to see how the Ravens will respond from their first non playoff season of the Harbaugh/Flacco era.  It will be interesting to see how coach Harbaugh utilizes his new offense with recently acquired OC Kubiak and offensive players, S. Smith, Zuttah, and Daniels and a healthy Ray Rice.  Coach Harbaugh recently stated that he wanted a top 5 defense for the 2014 season, seeing new rookies and players trying to make that a reality will definitely be worth the price of admission. 

#20 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,330 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

'Twas the night before the game and all through the house

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse

The grass freshly cut, markings painted with care

In hopes that some football would soon be played there

Ravens fans were nestled, all snug in their beds

While visions of Super Bowls danced in their heads

I had lain awake, too excited to sleep

For the next day Bengals fans would surely weep

Flacco would throw touchdowns in Kubiak’s scheme

And we would be closer to every fan’s dream

And the defense would keep the Bengals at bay

Oh so I hoped as night turned into the day

With the gates opening, fans coming along

The Marching Ravens played everyone a song

Tailgaters eventually went to their seats

Recalling great victories and awful defeats

As the fans stood up and set down their Natty Bohs

A 200 year old song played and they yelled… OOOh!!!

As fans bellowed at players with their joyful screams

Onto the field came each opponent’s Special Teams

As the kicker hit the ball, I yelled with delight

It is football for all and to all a good night

I just want some good football already

In Ozzie We Trust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users