3 replies to this topic

#1 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,719 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

So with everyone's favorite time of year rolling around, I figured I'd start this up. This year is particularly interesting because of extraordinary depth at almost all positions. I can't remember a year where every position was this deep with good viable starters. 

Quarterback 

Peyton Manning

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers 

Robert Griffin III

Tony Romo 

Phillip Rivers

Jay Cutler

Matthew Stafford

Nick Foles
Cam Newton

Best Value - This was close but between Romo and RG3, RG3 gets the nod. DeSean Jackson is gonna open up the running lanes for RG3 making both his running ability and the threat of playaction too dangerous. Expect a huge return to form with him possibly finishing in the top 3. Very big sleeper candidate for where he is being drafted. 

Runningbacks

Eddy Lacy 

Montee Ball

Adrian Peterson

LeSean McCoy

Matt Forte

Alfred Morris

Jamaal Charles 

Marshawn Lynch 

DeMarco Murray

Reggie Bush

Explanations - Lacy is as consistent as it gets at the position. This is a guy who will carry the ball 20x a game and will get the goal line touches. Any RB + Peyton Manning = god like season. The chiefs losing pieces on D and on the o line means a down season for Charles. 

Best Value - Alfred Morris. Here is a guy that will in all likelihood return first round value in the second round. While the D isn't there for the Skins, the offense looks ready to fire on all cylinders which means games should be higher scoring meaning multiple opportunities to score for Alf. 

Sleeper - Any of the NE runningbacks. There is no passing game in NE outside of Gronk and with a good D expect Ridley to run it a ton. 

Wide Receivers

Calvin Johnson 

Demaryius Thomas

Brandon Marshall

Dez Bryant

Julio Jones 

AJ Green 

Jordy Nelson 

Victor Cruz 

Pierre Garcon 

Wes Welker 

Explanations - The only GB receiver I have ranked in the top 10 is Jordy. The reason being that the presence of Eddy Lacy will reduce pass attempts and reduce goal line opportunities for GB receivers. Cruz and Garcon are primed for break outs given the offensive additions to both teams. 

Best Value - Roddy White - When White returned to health last year, he showed that he could still burn the best of them and be a fantasy relevant wideout. He is being drafted far too late as it stands right now. 

Sleeper - Danny Amendola - Health is always the concern with this guy, but if there is a passing game outside of Gronk expect it to be Amendola

Tight Ends

Jimmy Graham

Julius Thomas

Rob Gronkowski

Jordan Reed

Dennis Pitta

Jason Witten

Jordan Cameron

Vernon Davis

Kyle Rudolph 

Greg Olsen 

Best Value - Dennis Pitta for obv reasons. The TE whisperer is the OC in baltimore. 

Sleeper - Kyle Rudolph. See Norv Turner + Jordan Cameron last year. 

DEF

Seattle Seahawks

Denver Broncos

New England Patriots

Cincinnati Bengals

San Francisco 49ers

New Orleans Saints

Baltimore Ravens

St. Louis Rams

Carolina Panthers

Only 9 here, but honestly you shouldn't be drafting a defense and should just stream the waiver wire. However, these are the top 9 that I think are draft-able.

Place Kickers

Matt Prater

This is the only kicker I consider draft worthy. He is the only one that can give you a significant advantage in points week in and week out. 

Edited by Sizzlebshu, 17 July 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#2 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,508 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

Time to join a league with you now...

Anyways, good work.  Your RB rankings are the only thing where I really differ.

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

Twitter

#3 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,719 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

Time to join a league with you now...

Anyways, good work.  Your RB rankings are the only thing where I really differ.

eh I really don't care if ppl have my board if money isn't on the line. 

Yea I know my rbs rankings are a bit crazy buts given what we saw its definitely not unwarranted. Lacy with Rodgers was an auto 100 yds and touchdown a week. Montee Ball becomes Knowshon +. Shady was not nearly as effective as a rusher without Vick and I expect defenses to adjust especially without Djax to stretch the field and make them pay for over committing to the run. Shady's loss is Morris's gain.  AP is AP. Charles without an o line and much weaker D than last year is a serious concern. 

#4 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

eh I really don't care if ppl have my board if money isn't on the line. 

Yea I know my rbs rankings are a bit crazy buts given what we saw its definitely not unwarranted. Lacy with Rodgers was an auto 100 yds and touchdown a week. Montee Ball becomes Knowshon +. Shady was not nearly as effective as a rusher without Vick and I expect defenses to adjust especially without Djax to stretch the field and make them pay for over committing to the run. Shady's loss is Morris's gain.  AP is AP. Charles without an o line and much weaker D than last year is a serious concern. 

I'm not remarking on the RB rankings as I don't currently have a specific list, but the report about the Packers looking to keep Lacy on the field in order to prevent substitutions thereby avoiding slowing their offensive pace pace is a positive for his value. I also agree with the concern regarding Charles after the losses of Branden Albert, Jon Asamoah and Geoff Schwartz. Their OL is notably worse on paper. I see Ball putting up at least similar production to Moreno's, so I agree with that as well. The only part that I'd disagree with is that McCoy wasn't nearly effective as a rusher without Vick. He averaged 102.8 yards with Vick and 99.4 without him, which I don't consider to be a drastic difference. They are returning Jeremy Maclin this season, but the point about Jackson's absence is valid. I do feel that their system will still create a lot of openings for McCoy, however.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users