44 replies to this topic

#1 ravens533

ravens533

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

What is the history with the Ravens and Darin Gantt of PFT? I do not ever remember reading a more spiteful and just mean spirited article by a sportswriter. In his article he portrays the Ravens as if the team is filled with law breakers and lowlifes. I am just wondering what does his small mind he thinks the Ravens organization ever did to him? Or is he just some guy trying to stir something up with readers so he looks go for having an article with lots of comments? 

Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is.

Vince Lambardi

#2 Inqui

Inqui

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

Link?

#3 ravens533

ravens533

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

Sorry, forgot to put the link in.

http://profootballta...-high-standard/

Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is.

Vince Lambardi

#4 Inqui

Inqui

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

I thought he had a point tbh. The arrests, while generally overblown individually (and with Jah Reid's days as a Raven pretty well numbered anyway. God knows who he has incriminating photos of to be on the roster even this long), still reflect on the Ravens organisation and this just hasn't been a flash offseason for the management saying one thing and the players doing something else.  Just like how a series of classless Ravens fans make the rest of the fanbase look bad, how the players carry themselves does reflect on the franchise.

I saw a good piece about the 49ers being in a similar spot early last season and agreed with it. The players being muppets doesn't look good on the work management's been doing. This offseason is just one of those ones where we've had the bad rolls (a couple of years ago it was Detroit, and the Lions copped far more heat than we have imo), but I think the principle for that piece on the 9ers stands.

The main thing I'll criticise that piece for is for picking and choosing the stuff he wrote about as he summarises the incidents, but if you did a full summation of events and material facts with a well-weighted balance for all the arrests the piece would be so boring no-one would read it.

Bottom line, that I'm sure everyone can and will agree on, is that it's been an ugly offseason that hasn't looked good for us and can't end soon enough.

Edited by Inqui, 14 July 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#5 funky141

funky141

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

The article is a simple read, to the point and truthful.

Ravens had 5 arrests this off season, the rest of the league 14.

I wouldn't sweat it, just a few guys making a bad decision except for Rice's incident, that's a big one.

#6 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,887 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

The article is a simple read, to the point and truthful.

Ravens had 5 arrests this off season, the rest of the league 14.

I wouldn't sweat it, just a few guys making a bad decision except for Rice's incident, that's a big one.

Yeah not like the owner was arrested or anything

a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#7 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,887 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

As for the article, it's PFT. Re-blogging with a heap of trashy editorialism.

Don't both reading the comments / commenters, either, most of them are miserable - as they are for almost every article.

a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#8 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

Let's see.......... We have a guy cited for not leaving a rest room, a guy arrested for breaking a cab window, a guy who won't be on the Team busted for a bar fight in Key West, another guy who probably won't be on the Team arrested for being in a car with a bunch of pot.......... and RR.

Save for the RR debacle, this other stuff really isn't worth talking about.  Another attempt by a nobody writer to write a scathing story about nothing.  smh. 

#9 HoldingCall

HoldingCall

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

No need to take it personal, sensational journalism is everywhere. 

#10 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,731 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

Ha!
Posted Image

#11 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,616 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

Need a tissue guys? The dude is right. Get over it. For as much as this fan base loves to tout the toughness card, they sure sound like a bunch of whiny, pre-pubescent brats. Oh boohoo, he said a bad thing about the Ravens. That makes him a moron. :rolleyes:

Also, this is what's called a "column" or an "editorial." For the media illiterate, that means this is his opinion. And his opinion is more than fair here.

#12 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

I mean, he's not wrong. It's embarrassing.

#13 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

The Ravens deserve the criticism they are getting with these arrests. If the poster above is correct 5 arrests for one team and 14 for 31 others is a problem. Frankly it is embarassing and erases a lot of the work Harbs has done to clean up our image since he got here. They don't have to all be horrible cases, it all puts a negative light on the team. We can call this all a big outlier but it will take years of good offseasons for us to get back to the point we were and after all the progress we made it is frustrating, hopefully we turn it around.

In Ozzie We Trust

#14 ravensnick

ravensnick

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

At this rate, i can't make fun of the Bengals because we are becoming the new bengals apparently.

God, Glory, and Texas Football

Hook 'em Horns

#15 funky141

funky141

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

Need a tissue guys? The dude is right. Get over it. For as much as this fan base loves to tout the toughness card, they sure sound like a bunch of whiny, pre-pubescent brats. Oh boohoo, he said a bad thing about the Ravens. That makes him a moron. :rolleyes:

Also, this is what's called a "column" or an "editorial." For the media illiterate, that means this is his opinion. And his opinion is more than fair here.

Agree..

#16 funky141

funky141

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

That a boy..

#17 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

At this rate, i can't make fun of the Bengals because we are becoming the new bengals apparently.

Our QB is gonna bail to Oakland and we're gonna have an ineffective red head QB who's not capable of winning a playoff game?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(Next time say 05-06)
Banned

#18 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

This.

But the comments on PFT are the ones that piss me off.

They want "Harbs fired for this"

Edited by SecretAgentMan, 14 July 2014 - 12:41 PM.

Banned

#19 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,722 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

Wait, are you really suggesting that Ravens players aren't saints? They can do no wrong man, they're victims of police abusing their power. Get with the program.

#20 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,616 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

Wait, are you really suggesting that Ravens players aren't saints? They can do no wrong man, they're victims of police abusing their power. Get with the program.

I do think that Jimmy's, Talieferro's, and Deonte's arrests aren't all that serious in the grand scheme of things, but it's still pathetic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users