Underdogsontop!

Jimmy smith arrested

203 posts in this topic

FYI:  He was trying to assist a female that was intoxicated/nauseated in the restroom of the Green Turtle, and police asked him to step outside the bathroom so medics could attend to the female, he refused to comply saying he was helping the female, police said he became argumentative, misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct. After his arrest, he was cooperative. 

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-cornerback-jimmy-smith-arrested-charged-with-misdemeanor-disorderly-conduct-20140712,0,5078221.story

Ravens are aware of the incident.  Hopefully much ado about nothing.

I'm sorry. This may be seen as unacceptable by others but compared to some of the crap we've seen already this is a non story and I really don't care.

He didn't listen to a cop? Yeah it's bad but did he actually commit a sin against humanity? No.

Non story. He was arrested because the cop got into an argument. Big whoop, at least he didn't do anything too stupid

Sigh no biggie but still just another incident to add to the list

Honestly, it wasn't that bad of an arrest if he was helping the women out then listened to the officers after he was detained. But I'm sure NFL.com will make a big story out of this saying how bad he looked. Granted he probably should have just listened to the officer at first to avoid this mess, but there have been worst arrests this off season.

I'm jus concerned! I've been a bad boy my whole life, these guys have better tomorrow's then me. I wish the best for theses guys. But I'm tired of these arrest...... Jus saying

FYI:  He was trying to assist a female that was intoxicated/nauseated in the restroom of the Green Turtle, and police asked him to step outside the bathroom so medics could attend to the female, he refused to comply saying he was helping the female, police said he became argumentative, misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct. After his arrest, he was cooperative. 

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-cornerback-jimmy-smith-arrested-charged-with-misdemeanor-disorderly-conduct-20140712,0,5078221.story

Ravens are aware of the incident.  Hopefully much ado about nothing.

Thanks pal, jus tired of these arrest

BaltimoreSun doing a great job as always getting more visitors. Whatever it takes. What a garbage story.

So he thought that he could help the woman better than the paramedics? If that's true than Jimmy was being pretty stupid. When the police tell you to step out of the way you'd better step out of the way. I know that this probably isn't the full story but I still feel very frustrated with Jimmy after reading the Sun article.

So he thought that he could help the woman better than the paramedics? If that's true than Jimmy was being pretty stupid. When the police tell you to step out of the way you'd better step out of the way. I know that this probably isn't the full story but I still feel very frustrated with Jimmy after reading the Sun article.

If it was a woman he really love/care about then it understandable for him to want to be there for her and to have a sense of wanting to be her protector or overall just there for her. The police could had been very rude to Jimmy Smith and he overall probably was just trying to see what  was going on with his lady friend which they didn't allowed. Smith getting angry over that is understandable.

Doesn't seem like he did much wrong, but my god, Jimmy sounds like an arrogant butt based on the the quotes in the article.

Jimmy needs to learn when to cut bait. Sounds like he had the right intentions in trying to help a drunk chick out. However, when the cops get on the scene there is no upside to hanging around and arguing. It's just a shame that it will be all over the NFL media "Another Ravens player arrested", when it's pretty close to a non issue. 

Edited by TDubbs

Seriously? Someone needs to be punished to show there are consequences for being an idiot. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right, and it's shameful that the team is not handing down something to make these idiots wake up.

Why is it never the Brees', Mannings, Pittas, Bradys of the NFL? Someone needs to be made an example of when these same dudes keep doing this stuff and get kicked out of the NFL. I dont mean Jimmys incident specifically, because it does sound very minor, but some are smart enough to understand how to be normal human beings and some clearly are not. Its getting very old!

Seriously? Someone needs to be punished to show there are consequences for being an idiot. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right, and it's shameful that the team is not handing down something to make these idiots wake up.

He didn't do anything wrong though, sounds like the cop was just made and as soon as Jimmy said anything he got handcuffed.

He didn't do anything wrong though, sounds like the cop was just made and as soon as Jimmy said anything he got handcuffed.

Regardless, smarter people wouldnt have let it get to that or perhaps wouldnt have even put themselves in the situation. Whatever...par for the course.

I was at the green turtle last night.  He was just concerned because it looked like the girl was having a real rough time.  After the slapped the cuffs on him he calmed down a lot.  It was a real raw scene, he seemed more emotional than anything.  She was apparently ODing, and he was worried about her.  

On a side note... who does coke in the green turtle.

Edited by izvoodoo

I was at the green turtle last night.  He was just concerned because it looked like the girl was having a real rough time.  After the slapped the cuffs on him he calmed down a lot.  It was a real raw scene, he seemed more emotional than anything.

Oh yeah he'll calm down when they put the cuffs on. That shouldn't surprise anybody.

This is a really big non story to me. He's right though, what are the cops going to do? I've been checked out by paramedics a few times and every time I've dealt with the cops first, it is literally just the cops.

The cops and paramedics usually aren't there together. A cop will call in a paramedic if they feel it's necessary. I don't know that it's the case here, but if it is, that cop is going to do about as much as Jimmy did. That's how it was for me. Cop asking questions anybody would ask, then calling in someone who actually knew what they were doing

Regardless, smarter people wouldnt have let it get to that or perhaps wouldnt have even put themselves in the situation. Whatever...par for the course.

Exactly. You guys can act like run ins with the law aren't a big deal, but to normal people it most certainly is. These guys aren't saints, it's time for people to get over it. This off-season has been a institutional failure, and someone needs to start holding people accountable. Then again, what should we expect from an organization that lets Juan Castillo stay after putting the worst OL in the league on the field last year.

Working anywhere is a privilidge not a right.

Working anywhere is a privilidge not a right.

Good luck getting these entitled, egomaniacal athletes that have had people fawning over them their entire lives for no good reason to realize that. Hashtag swag hashtag gotmoney.

As an isolated incident it doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you add it in with EVERYTHING else it looks awful. I can't wait for the season to start so these idiots have something else to do.

As an isolated incident it doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you add it in with EVERYTHING else it looks awful. I can't wait for the season to start so these idiots have something else to do.

You say that, but Sweet Pea happened during the season.