#2 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,402 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:44 AM

Link?

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#3 Grapple Raven

Grapple Raven

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

FYI:  He was trying to assist a female that was intoxicated/nauseated in the restroom of the Green Turtle, and police asked him to step outside the bathroom so medics could attend to the female, he refused to comply saying he was helping the female, police said he became argumentative, misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct. After his arrest, he was cooperative. 

http://www.baltimore...0,5078221.story

Ravens are aware of the incident.  Hopefully much ado about nothing.

Posted Image

#4 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,767 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

I'm sorry. This may be seen as unacceptable by others but compared to some of the crap we've seen already this is a non story and I really don't care.

He didn't listen to a cop? Yeah it's bad but did he actually commit a sin against humanity? No.

Non story. He was arrested because the cop got into an argument. Big whoop, at least he didn't do anything too stupid

#5 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,921 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:13 AM

Sigh no biggie but still just another incident to add to the list
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#6 RavenFan28105

RavenFan28105

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:24 AM

Honestly, it wasn't that bad of an arrest if he was helping the women out then listened to the officers after he was detained. But I'm sure NFL.com will make a big story out of this saying how bad he looked. Granted he probably should have just listened to the officer at first to avoid this mess, but there have been worst arrests this off season.

#7 Underdogsontop!

Underdogsontop!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:31 AM

I'm jus concerned! I've been a bad boy my whole life, these guys have better tomorrow's then me. I wish the best for theses guys. But I'm tired of these arrest...... Jus saying

#8 Underdogsontop!

Underdogsontop!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:32 AM

FYI:  He was trying to assist a female that was intoxicated/nauseated in the restroom of the Green Turtle, and police asked him to step outside the bathroom so medics could attend to the female, he refused to comply saying he was helping the female, police said he became argumentative, misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct. After his arrest, he was cooperative. 

http://www.baltimore...0,5078221.story

Ravens are aware of the incident.  Hopefully much ado about nothing.

Thanks pal, jus tired of these arrest

#9 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:15 AM

Damn, wth man? These guys can't even stay out of trouble at the green turtle?!?

#10 Bullrush

Bullrush

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:20 AM

BaltimoreSun doing a great job as always getting more visitors. Whatever it takes. What a garbage story.

Shield on my arm
Sword in my right
Cape on my back
This is where we fight
Baltimore! We built for this!
- Terrell Suggs

#11 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:31 AM

So he thought that he could help the woman better than the paramedics? If that's true than Jimmy was being pretty stupid. When the police tell you to step out of the way you'd better step out of the way. I know that this probably isn't the full story but I still feel very frustrated with Jimmy after reading the Sun article.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#12 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,502 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

Ugh unanswered questions in this story.
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#13 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:40 AM

So he thought that he could help the woman better than the paramedics? If that's true than Jimmy was being pretty stupid. When the police tell you to step out of the way you'd better step out of the way. I know that this probably isn't the full story but I still feel very frustrated with Jimmy after reading the Sun article.

If it was a woman he really love/care about then it understandable for him to want to be there for her and to have a sense of wanting to be her protector or overall just there for her. The police could had been very rude to Jimmy Smith and he overall probably was just trying to see what  was going on with his lady friend which they didn't allowed. Smith getting angry over that is understandable.

#14 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

Doesn't seem like he did much wrong, but my god, Jimmy sounds like an arrogant butt based on the the quotes in the article.

#15 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

Jimmy needs to learn when to cut bait. Sounds like he had the right intentions in trying to help a drunk chick out. However, when the cops get on the scene there is no upside to hanging around and arguing. It's just a shame that it will be all over the NFL media "Another Ravens player arrested", when it's pretty close to a non issue. 

Edited by TDubbs, 13 July 2014 - 08:10 AM.

#16 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,350 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

Seriously? Someone needs to be punished to show there are consequences for being an idiot. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right, and it's shameful that the team is not handing down something to make these idiots wake up.

#17 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,175 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

Why is it never the Brees', Mannings, Pittas, Bradys of the NFL? Someone needs to be made an example of when these same dudes keep doing this stuff and get kicked out of the NFL. I dont mean Jimmys incident specifically, because it does sound very minor, but some are smart enough to understand how to be normal human beings and some clearly are not. Its getting very old!
Posted Image

#18 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

It's not even a serious issue at all or even worth being reported in my opinion.

#19 Cillmatic

Cillmatic

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

Nice guys always finish last.

#20 Cillmatic

Cillmatic

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

Seriously? Someone needs to be punished to show there are consequences for being an idiot. Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right, and it's shameful that the team is not handing down something to make these idiots wake up.

He didn't do anything wrong though, sounds like the cop was just made and as soon as Jimmy said anything he got handcuffed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users