Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
5+27

Ravens warning to rookies (Onion Article)

21 posts in this topic

Obviously when you write an article like this, you pick the team with the most recent arrest stigma so it makes sense. Did we really have that many guys get in trouble? Sure, Reid, Rice and Deonte - but I don't think most people know who two of those guys are.

This is The Onion...  SMH...  Regardless, I bet every team in the league gave a similar speech to their rookies... and veterans.

"If you are going to go out there and get drunk and act stupid, then I would just ask that you do one thing....  I would advise you save some of that money you're gonna be making for your bail"... 

As a few years ago, folks might not remember the "Tomlin Speech" that made headlines where Mike Tomlin told his rookies to stay out of women's bathrooms.

This "rag" picks somebody each year and throws an article out there......  Yep, they picked the Ravens this year, and I definitely agree that it was because of our offseason.

I thought it was funny 

Unless we get our you know what together this stuff will be out there

Agreed, it was a small highlight of a fairly mundane day for me. And I thought whoever negged this was being a bit precious. All in good fun. :)

WTH is The Onion?

Satire/comedy site that frames their jokes as false "news" articles that are made to look like real, serious, legitimate press releases.

There are a couple of sites that do similar things, but The Onion is one of the better known (and funnier) examples. 

Edited by PerpetuallyBored74

Satire/comedy site that frames their jokes as false "news" articles that are made to look like real, serious, legitimate press releases.

There are a couple of sites that do similar things, but The Onion is one of the better known (and funnier) examples. 

Alright thanks.

Just to add to this, it was a newspaper before it was a website. Still the same idea, satiric comedy, but it was more clever back in the day. My roommate used to get it, read it all the time. Good stuff Edited by bMore Heathen

*** treading lightly ****

I like its political stuff best when people of oposing political parties take it seriously.

BTW The Onion is an equal opportunity offender.

The only thing I ever read in the Onion is News of the Weird. Now that is good stuff!

*** treading lightly ****

I like its political stuff best when people of oposing political parties take it seriously.

BTW The Onion is an equal opportunity offender.

We've got a similar site in NZ, where a politician actually threatened to bring a defamation suit for making up quotes. It'd be a depressing story if it weren't so funny.