Hook501

Fans sing the National Anthem at home games

34 posts in this topic

Now that Mishael Miller is no longer singing the National Anthem, wouldn't it be cool to be the only fans in the NFL that sing it at home games? As far as I know there isn't any other team in the NFL that has it's fans sing the National Anthem and considering it was written right here in Charm city, it's only appropriate that we be the first. This could be the next great Baltimore tradition and reinforce why we are the best fans in America! Let's make it happen!

I always sing along and they always flash the words on the Smart Vision boards BUT it is one of the hardest songs to sing, this explains whyhttp://associationsnow.com/2013/07/why-is-it-so-hard-to-sing-the-star-spangled-banner/. I hope whomever they get leaves the "personal touches out unless you can sing it like Whitney did .

I had 4 years of voice training and performing in public and I am so glad we never had to do the Anthem, our school song was enough of a nightmare.

Just wow at the Oregon rendition, they tried very hard.

Those are awesome...  Yeah, I can do without all the "personal touches" too.  I reply don't like that at all...

Saw the title and was coming in just to mention the timbers.. Main reason I wanna make it to Oregon one day

Thousands of drunk people attempting to sing the national anthem…no thanks

Hahahahaha, so true, I can only picture what a massive debacle that would be. 

How about Rosanne singing it??

The tradition of singing the anthem accapella in the MLS was started by Philadelphia Union fans.  They also has a supporters group two years before Philly was awarded a team, called the "Sons of Ben" who went to various soccer events lobbying for a team.

Brazil crushed their national anthem before they were annihilated by Germany in the world cup semi final.  But the national anthem being belted out by 80,000 people was deafening through my TV.  I actually stopped what I was doing in the kitchen to go see what was happening.

How about Rosanne singing it??

Do you want booted from the site for that? ( just kidding BTW). She actually did it properly a few years ago after working with a voice coach.

Do you want booted from the site for that? ( just kidding BTW). She actually did it properly a few years ago after working with a voice coach.

Do not know what was worse....Rosanne or Ozzie Osborne singing"Take me out to the ball game" at Wrigley. :)

Do not know what was worse....Rosanne or Ozzie Osborne singing"Take me out to the ball game" at Wrigley. :)

How about Steve Tyler's rendition? With out the band, he sux!

The National Anthem (the instrumental, not lyrics obviously) are from an old english drinking song so it would fit.

I see soooo many countries do this, would love to do this at our home games or hell in every NFL game, MLB game, NHL game and even NBA.

How about Steve Tyler's rendition? With out the band, he sux!

Woe woe woe. Don't being Steve Tyler or aerosmith into this. Now you've gone to far. That's personal. You have no clue what your talking about here.

Woe woe woe. Don't being Steve Tyler or aerosmith into this. Now you've gone to far. That's personal. You have no clue what your talking about here.

I herd it my self.

He is right. It was heart breakingly horrible.

I herd it my self.

He is right. It was heart breakingly horrible.

You are both dead to me!

I'm as big an Aerosmith fan as they come. And he sucked at it lol. Hell of a vocalist. He couldn't do that well(is only saying this bc he wore a Ne scarf)

I'm as big an Aerosmith fan as they come. And he sucked at it lol. Hell of a vocalist. He couldn't do that well(is only saying this bc he wore a Ne scarf)

The New England stuff is disheartening. But it's their hometown so they get a pass. It's just not a song that lends itself to being rock n roll-ized. It wasn't bad. It's just not a song that should really be done that way.

You are both dead to me!

Someone post a link.....

I dont know how anyone can say otherwise.

Fan or not.

Someone post a link.....

I dont know how anyone can say otherwise.

Fan or not.

Maybe he is just a rag doll living in the movies.

Long time Aerosmith fan, but Tyler should never have tried to sing the National Anthem. Monumental and historical suckness.

LOL, I'm 53 yo. I've seen Aerosmith in concert over 10 times across the past 35+ years! I definetly know what I'm talking about, you young whipper-snapper, lol.

[

Even before his over-the-top touches for the last line or two, that was like watching a car crash.

On another note, why do these stars have to make a huge deal in particular of the line, "for the land of the free and the home of the brave"? Ann Wilson did a great version at the NFC Championship Game last season until that line, at which point she just seemed to try and milk the crowd for all she could and it came off as really tacky (albeit from an outsider's perspective). It's a national anthem, not your latest pop release. Get on, do your thing, get off.

Back on topic, the idea could have potential but you wouldn't want to force it imo.

LOL, I'm 53 yo. I've seen Aerosmith in concert over 10 times across the past 35+ years! I definetly know what I'm talking about, you young whipper-snapper, lol.

I've seen them 17 times. While I only started in the 90s I have many recordings of shows throughout the years. I do have one from 79 that is unlistenable. Fact is don't drag Tyler's name through the mud unnecessarily. I admit this rendition is not a shining moment but I wouldn't call it a complete train wreck.

I've seen them 17 times. While I only started in the 90s I have many recordings of shows throughout the years. I do have one from 79 that is unlistenable. Fact is don't drag Tyler's name through the mud unnecessarily. I admit this rendition is not a shining moment but I wouldn't call it a complete train wreck.

Guess we'll agree to disagree then.....and I didn't "drag his name through the mud", only that one performance. IMO, it was a train wreck and an insult to our Anthem. By the by, I first saw them at the Baltimore Civic Center in 1975.

Even before his over-the-top touches for the last line or two, that was like watching a car crash.

On another note, why do these stars have to make a huge deal in particular of the line, "for the land of the free and the home of the brave"? Ann Wilson did a great version at the NFC Championship Game last season until that line, at which point she just seemed to try and milk the crowd for all she could and it came off as really tacky (albeit from an outsider's perspective). It's a national anthem, not your latest pop release. Get on, do your thing, get off.

Back on topic, the idea could have potential but you wouldn't want to force it imo.

Well put. Its not YOUR song, it's our COUNTRY's song. Sing it as written......don't try to jazz it up. I'm also getting real tired of these rediculous SB half time shows. I'd rather see them bring out each years recipients of the Purple Heart for a public introduction and presentation of thier medal with the all our Armed Forces' bands playing the Anthem at the same time!!!