52520Andrew

52520Andrew's Forum Mock Team Evaluations

108 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, it is time for me to share my evaluations for the Forum Mock. I will be going down the order of the depth charts so SAM(the Bengals) is going to be first. I will go through each position group on the team and then state my overall opinion on the team. Once I go through all of the teams that have posted a depth chart, I will rank those teams. Other people are encouraged to share their opinions on the other teams as well and I welcome feedback from the owners/GMs/whatever you want to call yourselves of each team I evaluate. I will do one team a day so that team has the spotlight as well. One other thing to note is that since I am going off the depth charts for each team evaluation, if you haven't posted a depth chart, I can't evaluate your team. So without further ado, let's begin with the Bengals.

Post Your Depth Chart Here

Bengals
Cincinnati-Bengals-Wallpaper.jpg

Offense

QB: Tony RomoJosh McCown, Jeff Matthews(UDFA)
RB:Maurice Jones-Drew Giovani Bernard
FB: Greg Jones, Orson Charles
WR: AJ Green, Andrew Hawkins(RFA)
WR: Mario Manningham,Brandon Coleman 
WR(slot): Wes Welker
TE: Tyler Eifert, Marcel Jensen , Tyler Brock
LT: Andrew Whitworth Dennis Roland
LG: David YankeyDan Koppen
C: Kyle Cook, Trevor Robinson
RG: Kevin Zeitler, Tanner Hawkinson
RT:Donald Penn, Mike Adams,

QB/RB/FB/WR/TE: Trey Burton 

Defense

4-3 Base
LDE: Carlos Dunlap, Margus Hunt, Ben Gardner
DT: Jason Hatcher, Roy Miller Jordan Hill
DT: Geno Atkins, John Jolly
RDE: Trent Cole, Robert Geathers, Morgan Breslin

LOLB: Chad Greenway, James Harrison,
MLB: Vontaze Burfict, Micheal Boley
ROLB: Demeco Ryans, Lamar Woodley 

CB: Justin Gilbert, Phillip Adams Aaron Colvin 
CB: Derek Cox, Dre Kirkpatrick, Chris Lewis-Harris
CB(slot): Adam Jones, Chris Crocker

FS: Barry ChurchEd Reynolds Joe Lefeged
SS: George Lloka, Husain Abdullah,Usama Young, Shawn Williams
K:Mike Nuget
P:Cody Webster

KR: Marcus Thigpen

PR: Gio Bernard
LS: Clark Harris

53/53
Neg this now... ;)

QB: I like Romo, he is well known for choking but I shudder to think how bad the Cowboys would be without him. 

RB: I like Gio although only 2 RBs on the roster hurts. MJD has a lot to prove this year, could work out, could crash and burn. I feel like a short yardage type back could really be helpful here.

WR: Solid group here, Green is a stud and a healthy Welker is great as well. Manningham and Hawkins are both fairly good. Coleman has nice potential as the #5 player.

TE: I like Eifert, I like Jensen although he is an unknown, some depth could help here.

O-Line: Solid throughout, weakest link is Yankey but that is because he is an unknown, has potential and I liked him on film.

Front 7: It needs more unnecessary additions....

CB: This is probably the weak point on the team, I like Gilbert and Colvin and Kirkpatrick could get better so the future looks good at this position but I don't know if it will all click this year here. Adam Jones helps in the slot at least.

S: Oh wait you have Barry Church, the secondary is fine lol, Iloka is a decent player as well.

Overall I like the team, CB is a position that is probably the weak spot right now but the future looks promising at least at the position. Other than that, the team is solid and the front 7 is great. The offense looks good as well and Romo should have fun with those guys around him. I haven't evaluated all the other teams but I would imagine this team could at least get in the playoffs or make a strong push.

stm85 and the Philadelphia Eagles are up next. 

Edited by 52520Andrew

I also have Alfred Blue on the roster fwiw but thanks for analysis.

Oh I did not notice that one lol, that makes a bit more sense then at RB. 

This is a really strong team and it should be a contender. The front 7 is one of the best and there is a bounty of weapons in offense. However, while Romo is a major upgrade over Dalton, I worry that he doesn't really move the needle in the playoffs. He should mean a lot more wins in the regular season and better seeding, but he also hasn't had much playoff success and doesn't inspire confidence in crunch time. In the end, though, the AFC is relatively weak so this squad has a shot to make the Super Bowl.

This is a really strong team and it should be a contender. The front 7 is one of the best and there is a bounty of weapons in offense. However, while Romo is a major upgrade over Dalton, I worry that he doesn't really move the needle in the playoffs. He should mean a lot more wins in the regular season and better seeding, but he also hasn't had much playoff success and doesn't inspire confidence in crunch time. In the end, though, the AFC is relatively weak so this squad has a shot to make the Super Bowl.

I would argue against that. Sure, Romo throws for a ton of yards and touchdowns, as does Dalton, but he doesn't rise to the occasion in the big games or in the playoffs. I think it's a wash.

SAM's worst move: Trading Marvin Jones plus more to get Brandon Coleman who ended up going undrafted.  Granted, there was no way to know he was going undrafted at the time, but I thought it was a bad move to trade a young, up and coming WR plus more to draft the same position.

I would argue against that. Sure, Romo throws for a ton of yards and touchdowns, as does Dalton, but he doesn't rise to the occasion in the big games or in the playoffs. I think it's a wash.

I'm confused. You argue against it but agree with everything I just said?

That's what I was thinking lol

That's what I was thinking lol

Probably just a misunderstanding lol.

Btw is this gonna continue? I'd be interested to read an evaluation on my Eagles.

I'm saying Romo isn't a major upgrade because they're doing the same things, and also the age and injuries.

Probably just a misunderstanding lol.

Btw is this gonna continue? I'd be interested to read an evaluation on my Eagles.

I'd like to know how the Broncos did

I'm saying Romo isn't a major upgrade because they're doing the same things, and also the age and injuries.

He has much more physical talent than Dalton. Romo is more mobile and has one of the quickest releases in the game. Dalton has a very weak arm and all around poor skill set but makes up for it with intelligence and surrounding talent. Romo is absolutely a major upgrade but he's such a choke artist it wouldn't matter in January.

He has much more physical talent than Dalton. Romo is more mobile and has one of the quickest releases in the game. Dalton has a very weak arm and all around poor skill set but makes up for it with intelligence and surrounding talent. Romo is absolutely a major upgrade but he's such a choke artist it wouldn't matter in January.

He doesn't win when it matters, is getting much older, and is having injury issues a lot lately. That takes away so much

Romo is a big upgrade in the regular season. As for the playoffs, can't do much worse than Dalton has so far. I was going to publish my evaluation on the Eagles after the world cup match but I might as well do it now at this point lol.

Philadelphia Eagles

Offense

QB:Nick Foles, Terrelle Pryor, Zac DysertKenny Guiton

RB: LeSean McCoy, Bryce Brown, Chris Polk, LaDarius Perkins

H-Back: Gator Hoskins

WR: DeSean Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Brandon LaFell, Dezmon Briscoe, Kevin Ogletree, Tracy Moore

TE: Zach Ertz, Tom Crabtree, Michael Hoomanuanui, Rob Blanchflower

LT: Jason Peters, Dennis Kelly

LG: Evan Mathis, Oday Aboushi

C: Jason Kelce, Ryan CookLuke Bowanko

RG: Todd Herremans, Travis Swanson

RT: Lane Johnson, Ryan Harris, Jimmy Bennett

Defense

LE: Cedric Thornton, Ropati Pitoitua, Joe Kruger

NT: Louis Nix, Bennie Logan, Aubrayo Franklin, Chris Davenport

RE: Fletcher Cox, Brent Urban, Lawrence Virgil

LOLB: Connor Barwin, Sean Porter, Travis Long

ILB: James Laurinaitis, Mychal Kendricks, Andrew Jackson, Jasper Brinkley, Roosevelt Nix

ROLB: Terrell Suggs, Shaun Phillips, Craig Sanders

CB: Vontae DavisSam Shields, Brandon Boykin, Zackary Bowman, Walt Aikens, Courtney Bridget Jr., Dayonne Nunley

FS: Reggie Nelson, Matt Giordano, Pierre Warren

SS: Eric Weddle, Quentin Mikell, Kamaron Riley

Special Teams

K: David Akers

P: Donnie Jones

LS: Trevor Gillette

KR: DeSean Jackson, Dayonne Nunley

PR: DeSean Jackson, Dayonne Nunley

Trade

Free Agent

Draft

UDFA

QB: Some could say it is the system around Foles or luck but I think Foles has some really nice potential as a franchise QB. Can't go wrong with one of those, we will see how Foles can follow up last year.

RB: McCoy, need I say more? Overall good at the position.

WR: DJax is a really nice deep threat and should certainly get his respect. Steve Johnson and LaFell are both decent. Not as good a group as last year but it should do well.

TE: This is a good group overall, I like Ertz and the depth behind him is good.

O-line: No changes here is the right choice, spectacular O-line and they make anyone look good.

D-line: I like the guys, this is a very strong team in the trenches.

OLB: Suggs is the primary pass rusher here but this is an area that could use some future depth with Suggs and Phillips both getting up there. Still solid group however.

ILB: Overall it is solid, I wouldn't call these guys great but they get the job done.

CB: I like all 3 of the starters in this group and the depth is good as well.

S: This was an area of the Eagles that needed improving and I have to say that Weddle is huge for you. Nelson is decent as well.

Overall you have a very solid team. A great O-line and a very good D-line. You also have a nice secondary and McCoy helps a lot as well. Maybe a future position to address would be pass rusher and WR isn't as good as it could be but otherwise the team is solid all around if not better. More than anything, those are nitpicks lol. I could see this team making the playoffs and being a legitimate contender with the teams I have gone through so far. Good job.

The Steelers and Dubs are up next.

Edited by 52520Andrew

Philly was definitely one of the better teams in my opinion.  Even the weakest positions are still pretty solid overall.

Unless we're accounting for Jeremy Maclin, I'm not sure that I'd label the Eagles WR group as worse than the year before. I prefer Stevie Johnson to Riley Cooper. I feel like the latter was helped by the system. Johnson is a better No.2 in my eyes.

Okay sorry for the wait, on to the Eagles now and stm85's team.

The Eagles(stm85)

QB: Some could say it is the system around Foles or luck but I think Foles has some really nice potential as a franchise QB. Can't go wrong with one of those, we will see how Foles can follow up last year.

RB: McCoy, need I say more? Overall good at the position.

WR: DJax is a really nice deep threat and should certainly get his respect. Steve Johnson and LaFell are both decent. Not as good a group as last year but it should do well.

TE: This is a good group overall, I like Ertz and the ddepth behind him is good.

O-line: No changes here is the right choice, spectacular O-line and they make anyone look good.

D-line: I like the guys, this is a very strong team in the trenches.

OLB: Suggs is the primary pass rusher here but this is an area that could use some future depth with Suggs and Phillips both getting up there. Still solid group however.

ILB: Overall it is solid, I wouldn't call these guys great but they get the job done.

CB: I like all 3 of the starters in this group and the depth is good as well.

S: This was an area of the Eagles that needed improving and I have to say that Weddle is huge for you. Nelson is decent as well.

Overall you have a very solid team. A great O-line and a very good D-line. You also have a nice secondary and McCoy helps a lot as well. Maybe a future position to address would be pass rusher and WR isn't as good as it could be but otherwise the team is solid all around if not better. More than anything, those are nitpicks lol. I could see this team making the playoffs and being a legitimate contender with the teams I have gone through so far. Good job.

The Steelers and Dubs are up next.

Thanks for doing these, they are always fun to read. I agree with you about WR but I like my group at OLB. You didn't mention Barwin, who will start opposite Suggs and is a great all around LB. Phillips should have his career extended a bit coming off the bench. Porter and Long are both young guys that I was high on coming out of school so I'm hoping that they can develop behind my top 3.

Philly was definitely one of the better teams in my opinion.  Even the weakest positions are still pretty solid overall.

Thanks

Thanks for doing these, they are always fun to read. I agree with you about WR but I like my group at OLB. You didn't mention Barwin, who will start opposite Suggs and is a great all around LB. Phillips should have his career extended a bit coming off the bench. Porter and Long are both young guys that I was high on coming out of school so I'm hoping that they can develop behind my top 3.

Thanks

Yeah I think Steve os good but Cooper and Foles certainly had chemistry. Also I am a big Jordan Matthews fan although you still have a good group overall.

As for OLB it is certainly good right now. I was saying that second guy once Suggs and Phillips go could be something to find in the future. It depends on how you like the guys behind them however so if you like them then that makes sense.

He doesn't win when it matters, is getting much older, and is having injury issues a lot lately. That takes away so much

Romo is a huge upgrade over dalton. I don't even think it's fair to call him a playoff choke artist. I would argue he has raised the level of play of poor overall cowboy rosters to even be on contention.

As for this team I feel there were a few unnecessary ill advised trades as the aforementioned jones trade was an example. Also the poor secondary he started with is not really improved.

I would call Nelson better than decent. I would say he has taken the teams biggest liability into arguably it's greatest assett at the safety position.

I'm not sure I think Suggs is a huge upgrade over cole. Both are very very good. Cole less slowed by injury.

I would call Nelson better than decent. I would say he has taken the teams biggest liability into arguably it's greatest assett at the safety position.

I'm not sure I think Suggs is a huge upgrade over cole. Both are very very good. Cole less slowed by injury.

It's a wash in my eyes, but I turned Cole into Nelson and other assets and added Suggs on the cheap, so I'll call that a win

Edited by stm85

It's a wash in my eyes, but I turned Cole into Nelson and other assets and added Suggs on the cheap, so I'll call that a win

That is a good point. Another ill advised trade for the bengals IMHO.

You should copy And paste the depth chart too so we can see the players too

Just a suggestion

That is a good idea. I could quote the depth chart posts for reference which would also notify the owner that theor evaluation is out. I will do that once I get to a computer

That is a good point. Another ill advised trade for the bengals IMHO.

Ehh I don't think SAM made a bad trade there, he also got DeMeco Ryans who didn't really fit my scheme but is still a solid player.

Romo is a huge upgrade over dalton. I don't even think it's fair to call him a playoff choke artist. I would argue he has raised the level of play of poor overall cowboy rosters to even be on contention.

As for this team I feel there were a few unnecessary ill advised trades as the aforementioned jones trade was an example. Also the poor secondary he started with is not really improved.

Romo has been blessed with some really good receivers throughout his career and a strong running game, and that's led him to be a stay sheet stuffer. That's great for winning your fantasy football league, but he's not that great in the playoffs, pretty much losing every game for the team except for one in 2009. I mean, if that's what you want in a quarterback, that's fine. That botched snap in the playoffs on an extra point still cracks me up

Can't say that Romo has had a strong running game on a consistent basis. They've had a bunch of injury riddled backs in Dallas. He's a better QB than Dalton.

Romo has been blessed with some really good receivers throughout his career and a strong running game, and that's led him to be a stay sheet stuffer. That's great for winning your fantasy football league, but he's not that great in the playoffs, pretty much losing every game for the team except for one in 2009. I mean, if that's what you want in a quarterback, that's fine. That botched snap in the playoffs on an extra point still cracks me up

Just having good receivers doesn't mean you have a good overall team. Most of Romo's cowboy teams have been overrated and poor overall. Romo for a while possibly also overrated but IMO thd pendulum has swung to him being underrated at this point.

Not much needed to be done with them.

Edited by T3hRaven

Not much needed to be done with them.

True.  The secondary needed a major overhaul but that was about it.  He succeeded in that with some good moves and some luck - the Weddle trade which made no sense for the Chargers.

Just having good receivers doesn't mean you have a good overall team. Most of Romo's cowboy teams have been overrated and poor overall. Romo for a while possibly also overrated but IMO thd pendulum has swung to him being underrated at this point.

I think he gets unfair flack because he does put up amazing stats, something I don't think people realize, but again, not a consistent winner. He's basically an older Matt Ryan, for comparisons sake. Great receiving talent, great stats, poor postseason record. Why Ryan gets love but Romo doesn't is up in the air, but still

The thing with Romo is we give Flacco a pass for the offense around him but Romo has to pass it like crazy because he has no defense to help him. I am not saying Romo is Flacco or anything, just comparing that they didn't/don't have a supporting TEAM around them. Sure Romo puts some stinkers up but he has had some brilliant performances as well. I think at this point all the media hype earlier in his career is now having a negative impact on him and I see him as underrated. If you took Romo away, that team has nowhere near 8 wins and that is what matters.

I think he gets unfair flack because he does put up amazing stats, something I don't think people realize, but again, not a consistent winner. He's basically an older Matt Ryan, for comparisons sake. Great receiving talent, great stats, poor postseason record. Why Ryan gets love but Romo doesn't is up in the air, but still

I believe on talent alone Romo is a better player than Ryan. He atempts the higher risk higher reward throws. And he completes them more often than not. Which are important to being at that next level. To me that's one thing that seperates being a great QB. In this way he is more like flacco than Ryan. Rodgers would be the best at this currently. Now being able to be consistently great in the post season is what puts him behind a Flacco or a Roethlisberger. Still he is far and away better than Dalton. I would like to see what Romo could do with an all around team that truly belonged in the post season.

I believe on talent alone Romo is a better player than Ryan. He atempts the higher risk higher reward throws. And he completes them more often than not. Which are important to being at that next level. To me that's one thing that seperates being a great QB. In this way he is more like flacco than Ryan. Rodgers would be the best at this currently. Now being able to be consistently great in the post season is what puts him behind a Flacco or a Roethlisberger. Still he is far and away better than Dalton. I would like to see what Romo could do with an all around team that truly belonged in the post season.

Ah, but does attempting higher risk throws make him the more talented quarterback, or just the better player because he will take those chances? I think Ryan and Dalton are two talented quarterbacks, but like you said, how often are they willing to be ballsy and take those chances?

Didn't realize this started back up, The Eagles were one of my favorite teams. Sam's Bengals look great too, both Top 5

Ah, but does attempting higher risk throws make him the more talented quarterback, or just the better player because he will take those chances? I think Ryan and Dalton are two talented quarterbacks, but like you said, how often are they willing to be ballsy and take those chances?

I disagree with the notion that Ryan isn't willing to take chances. When the Falcons fielded an efficient offense in 2012, not to mention a half-decent OL, a sizable portion of his best throws were deep lobs over the top with a CB and Safety in the area, throws that had very little margin for error. Statistics support that, considering that Ryan had the 5th most deep yards that year, the 6th most attempts of 20 yards or more, and the 2nd most TDs in that range with 13. I wouldn't question his willingness or ability to let it loose.

Edited by -Truth-

Slackin'

Gotta be as close to SAM with these as I can ;) I have been busy the past few days it will come soon, just gotta get it typed up

Been busy most of the week. It will get done before the regular season gets underway and I am about to type up the one for the Steelers now

4653_pittsburgh_steelers-wordmark-1969.p

Depth Chart

Offense

QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Cassel, Landry Jones

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Steven Jackson, Jeremy Hill

FB: Will Johnson

WR: Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton

WR: Golden TateJeremy Gallon, Jasper Collins, Chris Harper

TE: Heath Miller, Dion Sims, Clay Harbor

LT: Kelvin Beachum, Erik Pears

LG: Ramon Foster, Trai Turner

C: Maurkice Pouncey, Chris Spencer

RG: David DeCastro, Shawn Luavo

RT: Taylor Lewan, Erik Pears

Defense

DE: Cameron Heyward, Corey Wootton

NT: Domata Peko, Al Woods, Vaughn Martin

DE: Tyson Jackson, Brett Keisel

JACK: Jarvis Jones, Dee Ford, Chris Carter

WILL: Lawrence Timmons, Vince Williams

MIKE: Demario DavisJon Bostic, Larry Foote

SAM: Sio MooreDee Ford, Vic So'oto

ROVER: Telvin Smith, Shamarko Thomas

CB: Cortez Allen, Curtis Brown

CB: Chris Cook, Ike Taylor, Davon House

NB: William Gay

FS: Kendrick Lewis, Ryan Clark

SS: Shamarko Thomas, Ryan Mundy, Darian Stewart

Special Teams

K: Dan Carpenter

P: Sam Koch

LS: Beau Brinkley

Total players: 55

*Draft/Trade: Italics

Spotrac Steelers Players Cap Numbers

QB: Rothlisberger is good if healthy, good to see a backup

RB: I like it although I think Jackson is pretty much done

WR: Good group I think it is solid, Brown is a really good #1, Tate is a good #2 Wheaton has potentia. Good group overall

TE: Heath is good, not as big a fan of Sims but he could improve

O-line: Good overall nothing really bad to say

D-line: Like Heyward and Jackson, not as much a fan of Peko at nose assuming you are running a 3-4

OLB: Like Ford to go with Jones and Moore, nice young core here

ILB: Like Timmons and Davis, you can do a lot worse there

CB: Decent group although this is an area that could use some improvement.

S: Decent group, not great but there is worse. Thomas is a bit of an unknown but he has potential

Overall this is a solid team. I think the defense is solid although secondary isn't great and the offense should be good if Rothlisberger stays healthy. Overall I think this is a good team but I don't see it being as good as some other teams. Overall however with the cap situation for the Steelers good job.

Crush and the Jags are next

Edited by 52520Andrew

Steelers

QB: Rothlisberger is good if healthy, good to see a backup

RB: I like it although I think Jackson is pretty much done

WR: Good group I think it is solid, Brown is a really good #1, Tate is a good #2 Wheaton has potentia. Good group overall

TE: Heath is good, not as big a fan of Sims but he could improve

O-line: Good overall nothing really bad to say

D-line: Like Heyward and Jackson, not as much a fan of Peko at nose assuming you are running a 3-4

OLB: Like Ford to go with Jones and Moore, nice young core here

ILB: Like Timmons and Davis, you can do a lot worse there

CB: Decent group although this is an area that could use some improvement.

S: Decent group, not great but there is worse. Thomas is a bit of an unknown but he has potential

Overall this is a solid team. I think the defense is solid although secondary isn't great and the offense should be good if Rothlisberger stays healthy. Overall I think this is a good team but I don't see it being as good as some other teams. Overall however with the cap situation for the Steelers good job.

Been on mobile all week so I can't link a depth chart but this was my opinion on it all. Crush is next

I think the corners are an underrated group here. Aquiring the backup qb was big. I question if the D line here is an improvement. Would have liked to see a backup interior Olinenan that could be a good center be prioritized.

I think the corners are an underrated group here. Aquiring the backup qb was big. I question if the D line here is an improvement. Would have liked to see a backup interior Olinenan that could be a good center be prioritized.

Yeah they aren't bad but they are primarily young besides Taylor who isn't getting any better. They could get better but I don't know how quick that will be.

I agree with you about the rest although Heyward could be in for a big year, was kinda peeved I didn't get him in DAF but oh well.

Super Bowl!

We will see on that one

Agreed on the DL. Jackson was a significant improvement over Hood, but the NT was a significant downgrade.