107 replies to this topic

#1 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,931 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

Hello everyone, it is time for me to share my evaluations for the Forum Mock. I will be going down the order of the depth charts so SAM(the Bengals) is going to be first. I will go through each position group on the team and then state my overall opinion on the team. Once I go through all of the teams that have posted a depth chart, I will rank those teams. Other people are encouraged to share their opinions on the other teams as well and I welcome feedback from the owners/GMs/whatever you want to call yourselves of each team I evaluate. I will do one team a day so that team has the spotlight as well. One other thing to note is that since I am going off the depth charts for each team evaluation, if you haven't posted a depth chart, I can't evaluate your team. So without further ado, let's begin with the Bengals.

Post Your Depth Chart Here

Bengals
Cincinnati-Bengals-Wallpaper.jpg

Offense

QB: Tony RomoJosh McCown, Jeff Matthews(UDFA)
RB:Maurice Jones-Drew Giovani Bernard
FB: Greg Jones, Orson Charles
WR: AJ Green, Andrew Hawkins(RFA)
WR: Mario Manningham,Brandon Coleman 
WR(slot): Wes Welker
TE: Tyler Eifert, Marcel Jensen , Tyler Brock
LT: Andrew Whitworth Dennis Roland
LG: David YankeyDan Koppen
C: Kyle Cook, Trevor Robinson
RG: Kevin Zeitler, Tanner Hawkinson
RT:Donald Penn, Mike Adams,

QB/RB/FB/WR/TE: Trey Burton 

Defense

4-3 Base
LDE: Carlos Dunlap, Margus Hunt, Ben Gardner
DT: Jason Hatcher, Roy Miller Jordan Hill
DT: Geno Atkins, John Jolly
RDE: Trent Cole, Robert Geathers, Morgan Breslin

LOLB: Chad Greenway, James Harrison,
MLB: Vontaze Burfict, Micheal Boley
ROLB: Demeco Ryans, Lamar Woodley 

CB: Justin Gilbert, Phillip Adams Aaron Colvin 
CB: Derek Cox, Dre Kirkpatrick, Chris Lewis-Harris
CB(slot): Adam Jones, Chris Crocker

FS: Barry ChurchEd Reynolds Joe Lefeged
SS: George Lloka, Husain Abdullah,Usama Young, Shawn Williams
K:Mike Nuget
P:Cody Webster

KR: Marcus Thigpen

PR: Gio Bernard
LS: Clark Harris

53/53
Neg this now... ;)

QB: I like Romo, he is well known for choking but I shudder to think how bad the Cowboys would be without him. 

RB: I like Gio although only 2 RBs on the roster hurts. MJD has a lot to prove this year, could work out, could crash and burn. I feel like a short yardage type back could really be helpful here.

WR: Solid group here, Green is a stud and a healthy Welker is great as well. Manningham and Hawkins are both fairly good. Coleman has nice potential as the #5 player.

TE: I like Eifert, I like Jensen although he is an unknown, some depth could help here.

O-Line: Solid throughout, weakest link is Yankey but that is because he is an unknown, has potential and I liked him on film.

Front 7: It needs more unnecessary additions....

CB: This is probably the weak point on the team, I like Gilbert and Colvin and Kirkpatrick could get better so the future looks good at this position but I don't know if it will all click this year here. Adam Jones helps in the slot at least.

S: Oh wait you have Barry Church, the secondary is fine lol, Iloka is a decent player as well.

Overall I like the team, CB is a position that is probably the weak spot right now but the future looks promising at least at the position. Other than that, the team is solid and the front 7 is great. The offense looks good as well and Romo should have fun with those guys around him. I haven't evaluated all the other teams but I would imagine this team could at least get in the playoffs or make a strong push.

stm85 and the Philadelphia Eagles are up next. 

Edited by 52520Andrew, 18 July 2014 - 10:00 PM.

In Ozzie We Trust

#2 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:49 PM

I also have Alfred Blue on the roster fwiw but thanks for analysis.
Banned

#3 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,931 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

I also have Alfred Blue on the roster fwiw but thanks for analysis.

Oh I did not notice that one lol, that makes a bit more sense then at RB. 

In Ozzie We Trust

#4 stm85

stm85

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

This is a really strong team and it should be a contender. The front 7 is one of the best and there is a bounty of weapons in offense. However, while Romo is a major upgrade over Dalton, I worry that he doesn't really move the needle in the playoffs. He should mean a lot more wins in the regular season and better seeding, but he also hasn't had much playoff success and doesn't inspire confidence in crunch time. In the end, though, the AFC is relatively weak so this squad has a shot to make the Super Bowl.

"It's not the critic who counts. It's the man who's in the arena whose face is covered with blood, sweat and dust. He will never be with those poor and timid souls that know neither victory nor defeat."

- John Harbaugh 

andre.jpg

Proud Owner of the Andre Cried While Watching Jumanji's

#5 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

This is a really strong team and it should be a contender. The front 7 is one of the best and there is a bounty of weapons in offense. However, while Romo is a major upgrade over Dalton, I worry that he doesn't really move the needle in the playoffs. He should mean a lot more wins in the regular season and better seeding, but he also hasn't had much playoff success and doesn't inspire confidence in crunch time. In the end, though, the AFC is relatively weak so this squad has a shot to make the Super Bowl.

I would argue against that. Sure, Romo throws for a ton of yards and touchdowns, as does Dalton, but he doesn't rise to the occasion in the big games or in the playoffs. I think it's a wash.

#6 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,946 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

SAM's worst move: Trading Marvin Jones plus more to get Brandon Coleman who ended up going undrafted.  Granted, there was no way to know he was going undrafted at the time, but I thought it was a bad move to trade a young, up and coming WR plus more to draft the same position.

#7 stm85

stm85

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

I would argue against that. Sure, Romo throws for a ton of yards and touchdowns, as does Dalton, but he doesn't rise to the occasion in the big games or in the playoffs. I think it's a wash.

I'm confused. You argue against it but agree with everything I just said?

"It's not the critic who counts. It's the man who's in the arena whose face is covered with blood, sweat and dust. He will never be with those poor and timid souls that know neither victory nor defeat."

- John Harbaugh 

andre.jpg

#8 NFLfan123

NFLfan123

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

That's what I was thinking lol

2014 Oakland Raiders GM

2014 Buffalo Pirates GM

#9 stm85

stm85

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

That's what I was thinking lol

Probably just a misunderstanding lol.

Btw is this gonna continue? I'd be interested to read an evaluation on my Eagles.

- John Harbaugh 

andre.jpg

#10 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

I'm saying Romo isn't a major upgrade because they're doing the same things, and also the age and injuries.

#11 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

Probably just a misunderstanding lol.

Btw is this gonna continue? I'd be interested to read an evaluation on my Eagles.

I'd like to know how the Broncos did

#12 stm85

stm85

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

I'm saying Romo isn't a major upgrade because they're doing the same things, and also the age and injuries.

He has much more physical talent than Dalton. Romo is more mobile and has one of the quickest releases in the game. Dalton has a very weak arm and all around poor skill set but makes up for it with intelligence and surrounding talent. Romo is absolutely a major upgrade but he's such a choke artist it wouldn't matter in January.

- John Harbaugh 

andre.jpg

#13 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,931 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

Been busy the past couple days, Eagles will be tonight

In Ozzie We Trust

#14 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,752 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

He has much more physical talent than Dalton. Romo is more mobile and has one of the quickest releases in the game. Dalton has a very weak arm and all around poor skill set but makes up for it with intelligence and surrounding talent. Romo is absolutely a major upgrade but he's such a choke artist it wouldn't matter in January.

He doesn't win when it matters, is getting much older, and is having injury issues a lot lately. That takes away so much

#15 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,931 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

Romo is a big upgrade in the regular season. As for the playoffs, can't do much worse than Dalton has so far. I was going to publish my evaluation on the Eagles after the world cup match but I might as well do it now at this point lol.

In Ozzie We Trust

#16 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,931 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Philadelphia Eagles

Offense

QB:Nick Foles, Terrelle Pryor, Zac DysertKenny Guiton

RB: LeSean McCoy, Bryce Brown, Chris Polk, LaDarius Perkins

H-Back: Gator Hoskins

WR: DeSean Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Brandon LaFell, Dezmon Briscoe, Kevin Ogletree, Tracy Moore

TE: Zach Ertz, Tom Crabtree, Michael Hoomanuanui, Rob Blanchflower

LT: Jason Peters, Dennis Kelly

LG: Evan Mathis, Oday Aboushi

C: Jason Kelce, Ryan CookLuke Bowanko

RG: Todd Herremans, Travis Swanson

RT: Lane Johnson, Ryan Harris, Jimmy Bennett

Defense

LE: Cedric Thornton, Ropati Pitoitua, Joe Kruger

NT: Louis Nix, Bennie Logan, Aubrayo Franklin, Chris Davenport

RE: Fletcher Cox, Brent Urban, Lawrence Virgil

LOLB: Connor Barwin, Sean Porter, Travis Long

ILB: James Laurinaitis, Mychal Kendricks, Andrew Jackson, Jasper Brinkley, Roosevelt Nix

ROLB: Terrell Suggs, Shaun Phillips, Craig Sanders

CB: Vontae DavisSam Shields, Brandon Boykin, Zackary Bowman, Walt Aikens, Courtney Bridget Jr., Dayonne Nunley

FS: Reggie Nelson, Matt Giordano, Pierre Warren

SS: Eric Weddle, Quentin Mikell, Kamaron Riley

Special Teams

K: David Akers

P: Donnie Jones

LS: Trevor Gillette

KR: DeSean Jackson, Dayonne Nunley

PR: DeSean Jackson, Dayonne Nunley

Trade

Free Agent

Draft

UDFA

QB: Some could say it is the system around Foles or luck but I think Foles has some really nice potential as a franchise QB. Can't go wrong with one of those, we will see how Foles can follow up last year.

RB: McCoy, need I say more? Overall good at the position.

WR: DJax is a really nice deep threat and should certainly get his respect. Steve Johnson and LaFell are both decent. Not as good a group as last year but it should do well.

TE: This is a good group overall, I like Ertz and the depth behind him is good.

O-line: No changes here is the right choice, spectacular O-line and they make anyone look good.

D-line: I like the guys, this is a very strong team in the trenches.

OLB: Suggs is the primary pass rusher here but this is an area that could use some future depth with Suggs and Phillips both getting up there. Still solid group however.

ILB: Overall it is solid, I wouldn't call these guys great but they get the job done.

CB: I like all 3 of the starters in this group and the depth is good as well.

S: This was an area of the Eagles that needed improving and I have to say that Weddle is huge for you. Nelson is decent as well.

Overall you have a very solid team. A great O-line and a very good D-line. You also have a nice secondary and McCoy helps a lot as well. Maybe a future position to address would be pass rusher and WR isn't as good as it could be but otherwise the team is solid all around if not better. More than anything, those are nitpicks lol. I could see this team making the playoffs and being a legitimate contender with the teams I have gone through so far. Good job.

The Steelers and Dubs are up next.

Edited by 52520Andrew, 18 July 2014 - 09:59 PM.

In Ozzie We Trust

#17 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,946 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

Philly was definitely one of the better teams in my opinion.  Even the weakest positions are still pretty solid overall.

#18 -Truth-

-Truth-

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,656 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

Unless we're accounting for Jeremy Maclin, I'm not sure that I'd label the Eagles WR group as worse than the year before. I prefer Stevie Johnson to Riley Cooper. I feel like the latter was helped by the system. Johnson is a better No.2 in my eyes.

Posted Image

#19 stm85

stm85

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

Okay sorry for the wait, on to the Eagles now and stm85's team.

The Eagles(stm85)

QB: Some could say it is the system around Foles or luck but I think Foles has some really nice potential as a franchise QB. Can't go wrong with one of those, we will see how Foles can follow up last year.

RB: McCoy, need I say more? Overall good at the position.

WR: DJax is a really nice deep threat and should certainly get his respect. Steve Johnson and LaFell are both decent. Not as good a group as last year but it should do well.

TE: This is a good group overall, I like Ertz and the ddepth behind him is good.

O-line: No changes here is the right choice, spectacular O-line and they make anyone look good.

D-line: I like the guys, this is a very strong team in the trenches.

OLB: Suggs is the primary pass rusher here but this is an area that could use some future depth with Suggs and Phillips both getting up there. Still solid group however.

ILB: Overall it is solid, I wouldn't call these guys great but they get the job done.

CB: I like all 3 of the starters in this group and the depth is good as well.

S: This was an area of the Eagles that needed improving and I have to say that Weddle is huge for you. Nelson is decent as well.

Overall you have a very solid team. A great O-line and a very good D-line. You also have a nice secondary and McCoy helps a lot as well. Maybe a future position to address would be pass rusher and WR isn't as good as it could be but otherwise the team is solid all around if not better. More than anything, those are nitpicks lol. I could see this team making the playoffs and being a legitimate contender with the teams I have gone through so far. Good job.

The Steelers and Dubs are up next.

Thanks for doing these, they are always fun to read. I agree with you about WR but I like my group at OLB. You didn't mention Barwin, who will start opposite Suggs and is a great all around LB. Phillips should have his career extended a bit coming off the bench. Porter and Long are both young guys that I was high on coming out of school so I'm hoping that they can develop behind my top 3.

Philly was definitely one of the better teams in my opinion.  Even the weakest positions are still pretty solid overall.

Thanks

- John Harbaugh 

andre.jpg

#20 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,931 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for doing these, they are always fun to read. I agree with you about WR but I like my group at OLB. You didn't mention Barwin, who will start opposite Suggs and is a great all around LB. Phillips should have his career extended a bit coming off the bench. Porter and Long are both young guys that I was high on coming out of school so I'm hoping that they can develop behind my top 3.

Thanks

Yeah I think Steve os good but Cooper and Foles certainly had chemistry. Also I am a big Jordan Matthews fan although you still have a good group overall.

As for OLB it is certainly good right now. I was saying that second guy once Suggs and Phillips go could be something to find in the future. It depends on how you like the guys behind them however so if you like them then that makes sense.

In Ozzie We Trust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users