Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cushrinada1986

Ravens dream duo (all time)

55 posts in this topic

Which Ravens "dream duo" would you have loved to see play side by side? I have a couple in mind:

Ngata/Goose

McCalister/Jimmy Smith

McCrary/Suggs

Webb/Sanders

Rice/Jamal Lewis

Mulitalo/Yanda

Whats yours Ravens Nation?

Mcalister/Smith is def top for me, but thats easily 1b

Webb before last injury with Mcallister would be nice smith plus Webb returning to form is a dream duo too

Reed and rod Woodson if I add a borrowed player

Edited by Tiz

John Harbaugh and Rex Ryan(for more than a year)

Ogden and KO

Mason and Torrey

Reed and Woodson

C Mac and 11 Webb

Suggs and Harrison

Edited by redrum52

Didn't Reed and Woodson play together (Reed at SS) for one year? EDIT: I was wrong; Reed played SS with Demps the year after Woodson left.

This is how I look at it; we have had 2 good WRs (Q & Torrey), we have had 2 good CBs (Webb & Smith, McAlister & Starks), we have had 2 good ILBs (Lewis & Sharper/Scott); but I cannot think when the last time was when we had 2 good pass rushers. I guess a case could be made for Elvis and Suggs now or Burnett/MCrary/Boulware in 2000/2001, but I would have loved to see Suggs and Boulware in their primes together. We have not had a long term pass rushing duo in a while.

I hope we strike gold in the coming drafts.

Edited by acranfor

Jamal Lewis w/ Vonta Leach would have been awesome to watch that pair together just batter defenses.  

Edited by TDubbs

Jamal Lewis w/ Vonta Leach would have been awesome to watch that pair together just batter defenses.

Either him or Lorenzo Neal with jam would have been fun to watch especially in short yardage situations

Mason and Torrey. Would of loved to see it.

Heap and Pitta would of been awesome too.

jimmy and mcalister. 

(maybe) elam and ed, so long as elam turns out to be what were expecting. 

suggs and boulware would have been terrifying for any team

Fun thread :)

Boller and Flacco; so Flacco would start.

I have made no bones about being a Boller fan.  This would have been GREAT.  ( I am not sure if you were being sarcastic or not )  Clearly Boller was not starter material, but he would have made a decent back up to Flacco and Flacco could have taught him a ton more than he would have learned other wise.

Oh sweet Jesus that would have been almost unfair. 
Like Tiz said, goal line situation..... good grief.

Flacco and JO.

Cheating a bit, but OP didn't say they had to be the same position. :P

And in seriousness, imagine how Joe would look with Ogden covering his blind side. 

Edited by Inqui

Reed and Woodson and it's not even close.  Two Hall of Famers both can contend for the position of greatest safety ever.

I'm not putting Jimmy on McCalister's level yet. Jimmy finally had a somewhat breakout season after being a borderline bust the first 2 years. He had flashes of greatness followed by periods of terribleness. I haven't forgotten the previous year where he was riding the bench and playing special teams. We lost Webb to injury but he couldn't beat out Carey Williams or Correy Graham.  And Chykie Brown was even starting over him in spots, at least till the Super Bowl when he locked down Crabtree.

Ray Rice and Jamal Lewis would have been good, but only one would have been a feature back and it would have been Jamal especially early in his career. They wouldn't have split carries evenly. 

bouleware and suggs would have been nice to see.

Oh sweet Jesus that would have been almost unfair. 

Like Tiz said, goal line situation..... good grief.

Behind Ogden and Mulitalo .. Forget about it!

Joe and anyone on our team from 2003 to 2008 = no Boller and likely 1-2 more SBs.

I have made no bones about being a Boller fan.  This would have been GREAT.  ( I am not sure if you were being sarcastic or not )  Clearly Boller was not starter material, but he would have made a decent back up to Flacco and Flacco could have taught him a ton more than he would have learned other wise.

He went 5-2 on the TD-INT ratio as a backup to McNair in 2006, so he was clearly capable.

Flacco and JO.

Cheating a bit, but OP didn't say they had to be the same position. :P

And in seriousness, imagine how Joe would look with Ogden covering his blind side.

If we are going to play that game I have a really good one. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed ;)