Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chappers11

Rolando McClain traded to Dallas Cowboys

120 posts in this topic

"@AdamSchefter: Baltimore traded LB Rolando McClain to the Dallas Cowboys, per source. So McClain's retirement might be over."

For a 6th and we give them McClain and a 7th. Good trade for both teams IMO.

I think we robbed them to be honest.

Sweet, free pick in the exact middle of the sixth. Not a bad pickup after all that.

Dallas has been 8-8 the past three seasons, if they do worst and end up in the top ten, it's almost like a 5th round pick for us and say we win the Super Bowl, they gained a UDFA. One positive way to look at it.

Does anyone know what year the picks in the trade are? I assume we sent our 7th in 2015 and we gained Dallas' 6th in 2015. I haven't read any specifics other than a 6th and 7th round picks.

Did he unretire again? I thought I read he had re-retired after coming back for like, three days?

I think we robbed them to be honest.

No way.  McClain plans to play and with how weak their ILB core is just the fact that he is playing will make this a good trade for them.

We win as well since we upgraded our 7th to a 6th by trading a player from our most talented position who probably would have never seen the field.

Great trade for both sides.

Did he unretire again? I thought I read he had re-retired after coming back for like, three days?

It's ok. He'll never see the field in Dallas anyway bc he's so out of football shape it's not even funny. We just traded a 7th rounder for a 6th rounder...

Do what that what you will

I think he kept his butt home and didn't show up for us because he knew he would have to compete with a lot of top level talent at ILB. Dallas doesn't have that talent so he may get some real playing time if he can get it together. He might end up being the best player on their D which ain't really saying much

I honestly don't get it? There is so many better cheaper free agents on the market. But whatever not my team.

"What's with this McClain guy retiring, then un-retiring, then retiring again only to change his mind and un-retire a second time?

Doesn't he know you're supposed to only talk about retiring over and over, not actually do it? Kids these days..."

-- Brett Favre

With this trade, we have...

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th (To Tampa Bay for Jeremy Zuttah)

6th (to Cleveland for 7th - Michael Campanaro)

6th (via Dallas for Rolando McClain)

7th (to Cowboys for Rolando McClain)

7th (via Dolphins for Bryant McKinnie)

lol more like great trade for us and AWFUL trade for Dallas. The odds are higher of Lebron playing in China next year than Rolando salvaging his NFL career at this point. We all saw first hand what a mental case this kid is, between the off field issues and mental issues he's proven himself to be one of the least reliable and unstable players you could possibly sign to your team much less trade for.

Absolute desperation move by Dallas to try to compensate for Sean Lee. Rolando at any given time could just decide he's not feeling football right now and he's done, if those are the kinds of players you would invest valuable future draft picks in then your not a very good NFL GM.

Don't forget that Rolando will be heading back to the 4-3 D in Dallas, where he doesn't really fit.

Don't forget that Rolando will be heading back to the 4-3 D in Dallas, where he doesn't really fit.

Your right but Rolando is so far gone that's pretty much irrelevant at this point. When you have the kind of mental issues with the arrests and retiring and un-retiring it goes far beyond football. If Rolando can ever get the point in his NFL career again where things like what formation he's playing in can out weigh things like "Is he going to retire this week?" "Is he going to get arrested this weekend?" than he will have come a very long way.

A GM would have to be out of their mind to invest ANY pick in a player with the issues Rolando has, like I said it goes way beyond football with him, it's a matter of his mental stability and maturity. Thankfully for us we had just the idiot for the job, thanks Jerreh!

Well at least Rolando will get to play and cowboys will find a way to get extra press. Meanwhile we get a higher draft pick. Different team, different agenda. Win-win!