-Truth-

2015 Draft a Franchise (NBA): Discussion.

1,686 posts in this topic

Please use this thread for the discussions pertaining to the DaF NBA Draft, including the teams, the players, the strategies, etc.

passing-the-torch.jpg

Here you go, my friend. Treat it with dignity and respect. Remember, it's a privilege and not a right.

Did I do good?

Shocking first pick

I do my best

Edited by Mt. Crushmore

I've been in the middle for every draft game we've done on this board

Seriously y'all could've given me Durant and moved on, it's such an obvious choice.  Sorry for the delay, very busy today.

I'm going to be in the (very) small minority here, but I probably would have taken Durant first...

Discuss...

A complete coincidence that the picture of Durant shows James standing by and watching the dunk lol

A complete coincidence that the picture of Durant shows James standing by and watching the dunk lol

I definitely didn't search for one like that  ;) .

20jl5zt.gif

I'm going to be in the (very) small minority here, but I probably would have taken Durant first...

Discuss...

I was actually considering it last year. The one thing that puts James slightly over the top is his ability as a passer and defender. Durant is one of the best pure shooters in the NBA, but James is arguably the more complete package. When you're starting out, a complete package is always a major plus.

LeBron is a more complete player than Durant and I consider him to be the best player in the NBA, hence the choice.

I was actually considering it last year. The one thing that puts James slightly over the top is his ability as a passer and defender. Durant is one of the best pure shooters in the NBA, but James is arguably the more complete package. When you're starting out, a complete package is always a major plus.

That's a very good point. I would have taken James last year but this year I think Durant took his game to another level. His offensive numbers don't even seem possible and he's quickly improving other aspects of his game, especially on defense. He took quite a leap there imo. James is still the more complete player but Durant is 4 years younger. I think, all things considered, I'd rather have 10-12 years of Durant than 6-8 of Lebron, but that may just be my preference.

LeBron is a more complete player than Durant and I consider him to be the best player in the NBA, hence the choice.

I'm definitely not being critical of the choice. LeBron is the most complete player in the league so it's obviously still a good one. As I said though, my preference would be to take the younger player who took a major leap this year.
Edited by stm85

That's a very good point. I would have taken James last year but this year I think Durant took his game to another level. His offensive numbers don't even seem possible and he's quickly improving other aspects of his game, especially on defense. He took quite a leap there imo. James is still the more complete player but Durant is 4 years younger. I think, all things considered, I'd rather have 10-12 years of Durant than 6-8 of Lebron, but that may just be my preference.

I can't blame you there. Durant certainly did just that, and I can't disagree. It's a matter of taste at this point.

I think besides picks 1-4 it's way better to have a pick in the back

I really wanted to be in around the 6 spot, so I could have picked up my favourite star player. Ah well, picking late should be good for building a solid core.

I had him chalked up going 4-5 picks later, but I really like the pick

He was a top 10, arguably a top 5 player last year and he's only 21. 

Edited by BALTIMOREFLACCO

Discuss...

I would definitely consider it since I'm a big Durant fan but I can't honestly see myself picking anybody else but Lebron.

Stm85 is laughing at all of us right now

I am and I was hoping he'd make it to me even though I knew it would never happen. It's a great pick. He's 21 and already a top 5 player. He'll be a perennial MVP candidate sooner rather than later.

Btw, think my core of Melo, Davis, Duncan, and Conley would have won it all last year?