rmw10

Ray Rice Suspended 2 Games

886 posts in this topic

I'm hoping that Rice faces additional consequences from the Ravens. It's all well and good that he gets suspended by the league, but this team needs to reset the standard and make someone an example. Who better than Rice? Although, if the team were to punish him I think we may have already heard something.

How long do you think he'll be suspended for, if at all? I think two weeks.

I'm hoping that Rice faces additional consequences from the Ravens. It's all well and good that he gets suspended by the league, but this team needs to reset the standard and make someone an example. Who better than Rice? Although, if the team were to punish him I think we may have already heard something.

I think it's going to be more than 2.  A lot of high profile reporters have said that it's going to be very significant.  What is significant?  I have no idea.  I've seen speculation of 6-8 games.

I think it's going to be more than 2.  A lot of high profile reporters have said that it's going to be very significant.  What is significant?  I have no idea.  I've seen speculation of 6-8 games.

I think right It between at four, honestly

I think right It between at four, honestly

I think it will ultimately be at 4 as well, whether that's the exact amount given or by way of appeal.

Honestly don't think he will be suspended for more than 2 games. Ray Rice has been an exemplary professional for years in this league. I don't condone what he did, and only Ray and Janae know the full facts of the case. The law ran it's course and dealt with the issue and it's over. They are moving on with their lives, together, and this issue should be left in the past. 

Edited by TDubbs

not saying you're wrong.  but 6-8 is a lot for a first time offender, even though the crime is pretty heinous

I think it will ultimately be at 4 as well, whether that's the exact amount given or by way of appeal.

Given the background of Rice and lack of any concrete evidence, hard to get more than four in my eyes

Whatever the suspension is I'm confident we won't miss a beat with Forsett, the guy is lightning in a bottle and was doing some crazy stuff at OTA's.

not saying you're wrong.  but 6-8 is a lot for a first time offender, even though the crime is pretty heinous

Agreed on all accounts.  Just reporting the speculation going on out there within NFL circles.

Considering Roethlisberger was originally handed six games, and he had a prior history of boneheadedness, I think Rice will get 4 games

Considering Roethlisberger was originally handed six games, and he had a prior history of boneheadedness, I think Rice will get 4 games

That makes sense. Considering you brought that point up I would be upset if Rice was suspended 6 or more games.

Edit: I might actually say four or more games, because that's what Roethlisberger's suspension was reduced to.

Edited by display name

Whatever the suspension is I'm confident we won't miss a beat with Forsett, the guy is lightning in a bottle and was doing some crazy stuff at OTA's.

I rather wait until Training camp once they put on the pads to give my  full assessment of Forsett. Any body can look great in shorts and no contact.

Edited by jazz1988

I rather wait until Training camp once they put on the pads to give my  full assessment of Forsett. Any body can look great in shorts and no contact.

There's a reason this is his sixth team in six years

There's a reason this is his sixth team in six years

Wow I thought it was less than that at first but hopefully he can  be successful here.

I think it will start out as one amount but it will be reduced under appeal.

I am thinking four down to two.

Should be less than what Rapelesburger got that's for sure. He got like 4 games and reduced to 3 didnt he. So 2 should be about right

Is it unrealistic to think nothing?

He'll probably get 2, or 4 reduced to 2 at worst.

2-4 games(guessing)  Rice better get back soon Pierce and Forsett might be a good tandem. 

He already knew the system and didn't have to think as much. He's still a question mark. Taliaferro is more likely to back up Pierce (and I'm fine with that).

A suspension won't hurt the team much. Rice could probably use as much rest as he can get if we're planning on using him in the playoffs.

Is it unrealistic to think nothing?

He'll probably get 2, or 4 reduced to 2 at worst.

Better chance he gets nothing rather than getting 4 or 6. My guess is 2 as well, just because of the bad press.

2-4 games(guessing) Rice better get back soon Pierce and Forsett might be a good tandem.

LT might mess around and take 3rd down away from Rice as well

Good thing he looks good in pads and full contact too.

from Rotoworld

The New York Post's Bart Hubbuch "keep(s) hearing" Ray Rice's suspension could span 4-6 games in connection with his offseason assault charge, or "maybe even more."

Hubbuch is hearing the discipline will be "significant." The NFL has received negative press for strict suspensions levied against pot smokers, while crimes viewed as more sinister like assaulting women get lesser discipline. Commissioner Roger Goodell could use Rice as an example to show the NFL will take hitting women more seriously. A 4-6 game suspension would swing the door wide open for Bernard Pierce, or Justin Forsett, or Lorenzo Taliaffero to run with the feature back job in new OC Gary Kubiak's running back-friendly offense.

Edited by funky141

from Rotoworld

The New York Post's Bart Hubbuch "keep(s) hearing" Ray Rice's suspension could span 4-6 games in connection with his offseason assault charge, or "maybe even more."

Hubbuch is hearing the discipline will be "significant." The NFL has received negative press for strict suspensions levied against pot smokers, while crimes viewed as more sinister like assaulting women get lesser discipline. Commissioner Roger Goodell could use Rice as an example to show the NFL will take hitting women more seriously. A 4-6 game suspension would swing the door wide open for Bernard Pierce, or Justin Forsett, or Lorenzo Taliaffero to run with the feature back job in new OC Gary Kubiak's running back-friendly offense.

You'd love this, but 2 games is what it'll be.

Should be less than what Rapelesburger got that's for sure. He got like 4 games and reduced to 3 didnt he. So 2 should be about right

6 reduced to 4. And like fly said Roethlisberger was not a first time offender, and so that's why I think that Rice should not end up missing 4 or more games.

Given the background of Rice and lack of any concrete evidence, hard to get more than four in my eyes

There are multiple reports that the NFL has the unreleased video footage of the incident inside the elevator.  

Rice "supposedly" struck her twice causing her to fall back and hit her head on the rail inside the elevator. 

If they do in fact have that video, don't be surprised if it's a 4-6 game suspension.  

You'd love this, but 2 games is what it'll be.

Not really, I was hoping for a bounce back year for Ray. I think it will be 6 games at first then to 4.

If Ray gets a 6 game suspension I'm going to be irked.  How are you going to give him a suspension equal to Roethlisberger's suspension for raping a woman when he had had numerous past transgressions.

I'd be fine w/ 2 games.  Anything more than 3 would be extreme.

If Ray gets a 6 game suspension I'm going to be irked. How are you going to give him a suspension equal to Roethlisberger's suspension for raping a woman when he had had numerous past transgressions.

I'd be fine w/ 2 games. Anything more than 3 would be extreme.

Yeah, if he gets anything close to Ben, thats comple BS. Not condoning what Rice did, but Ben was accused of rape and more than once.

I will be extremely ticked if it is more than 2 given the history of suspensions handed down. It is rarely over 2 games unless it is a case of a repeat offender. Given Rice's previous reputation within the community and even representing the NFL image, anything over 2 is just unfair.

However, whatever it is, we'll just have to deal with it.

Guys... if Rice gets more than two, it has nothing to do with history. If Rice gets more than two it's going to be because Goodell is trying to set a NEW precedent. The NFL has a problem, and continually giving  pathetic two week suspensions (if that) isn't helping. Oh boohoo, Big Ben got six.... Oh well. A NEW precedent needs to be set and hopefully Goodell, Bisciotti, Ozzie, and Harbs all see that.

Edited by The Raven

Idc what he gets as long as pierce is healthy.. Ready to move on

Yeah, if he gets anything close to Ben, thats comple BS. Not condoning what Rice did, but Ben was accused of rape and more than once.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd be okay with a 6 game suspension. Yes, it would definitely be unfair to Rice when you look at what other people got....but after the way this offseason went with all the arrests, I hope these guys will be scared to pass gas without excusing themselves from this point on.

from Rotoworld

This reporter is a NY reporter...  I don't put much credibility in his "guess".    Just another media man trying to create a buzz in the slow news time of the offseason.

There are multiple reports that the NFL has the unreleased video footage of the incident inside the elevator.  

Rice "supposedly" struck her twice causing her to fall back and hit her head on the rail inside the elevator. 

If they do in fact have that video, don't be surprised if it's a 4-6 game suspension.  

This is very disturbing if true.

This reporter is a NY reporter...  I don't put much credibility in his "guess".    Just another media man trying to create a buzz in the slow news time of the offseason.

Would a reporter just make up information? He said he's hearing these things from sources. He isn't making it up. It's not a guess. 

Also, the NFL headquarters is in New York. This is the man who first reported Rice's visit with Goodell the other day.

So.... I'm putting a lot of credibility here. 

No......

Would a reporter just make up information? He said he's hearing these things from sources. He isn't making it up. It's not a guess. 

Also, the NFL headquarters is in New York. This is the man who first reported Rice's visit with Goodell the other day.

So.... I'm putting a lot of credibility here. 

I would only state that "first" doesn't always mean accurate....  The guy is probably camped outside the commissioner's office just waiting for any tidbit of information he can get on anybody that has anything to do with the NFL.....  Just sayin'.  This is the media.... 

No......

What an intelligent and thought provoking reply. I'm amazed.

I would only state that "first" doesn't always mean accurate....  The guy is probably camped outside the commissioner's office just waiting for any tidbit of information he can get on anybody that has anything to do with the NFL.....  Just sayin'.  This is the media.... 

Maybe these comments just piss me off because I'm a media member myself, but he was first and he was accurate. He's doing his job. Is it not a journalist's job to get every tidbit he or she can and report it?

Here's a lesson for you: Learn to differentiate between the good and bad members of the media. Reporters are trustworthy. Analysts aren't always trustworthy. This dude is a reporter. Learn the difference. 

Edited by The Raven

What an intelligent and thought provoking reply. I'm amazed.

Maybe these comments just piss me off because I'm a media member myself, but he was first and he was accurate. He's doing his job. Is it not a journalist's job to get every tidbit he or she can and report it?

Here's a lesson for you: Learn to differentiate between the good and bad members of the media. Reporters are trustworthy. Analysts aren't always trustworthy. This dude is a reporter. Learn the difference. 

I know and understand the difference....  trust me.

Supposedly. They could have been just saying that to get an admission from Rice. I honestly didn't realize the NFL had any jurisdiction to get that video evidence