303 replies to this topic

#1 Ozzsome

Ozzsome

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

Just got cut from the Chiefs. Had a down year last season due to the Chiefs new defensive scheme which he didn't fit at all and was burned on a regular basis as a slot corner. But the years before he was a very very good CB in my opinion. Just last year because of the scheme change he looked lost

Fans wanted another corner to play that outside role in the Nickel and if we were to sign him it would be a typical perfect Ozzie move. What do you guys think?

Edit: Mods, if that topic is already discussed please close this thread. couldn't find anything

Edited by Ozzsome, 13 June 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#2 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,884 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

No thanks. I think we've got some good up and coming DBs that need to see the field.
15fqib6.jpg

#3 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,440 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

Would love a one year, prove it deal.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#4 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

We won't get him but I totally would if we could

Banned

#5 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

Absolutely

z66oxxi.jpg

#6 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

No thanks. I think we've got some good up and coming DBs that need to see the field.

And I highly doubt that they'll be as good as Flowers was before his scheme change... If we could get THAT Brandon Flowers then our defense would be a top 5 one.

Banned

#7 Ozzsome

Ozzsome

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

Would be perfect for us and for him. He can prove in one year that he still is a top corner and get a great pay check again and we get a great corner.

I guess he will likely go to Crennel and the Texans which make them even scarier next season

#8 Ozzsome

Ozzsome

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

I like our young guys too and I think they can be solid this year, but if you can get a Flowers type guy you don't turn that down in my opinion

#9 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,737 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

I think he'd rather have a longer deal.  There's not much question that he simply didn't fit Reid's D last year.  I think teams still know how talented he is.

#10 sflegend89

sflegend89

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

Asa and Chykie? I think Asa will be solid but Chykie is risky. I would absolutely sign Flowers if he was interested in coming here and for the right price. That's a quality cb that doesn't even count against comp picks and he's unquestionably a massive upgrade over Chykie. The young guys will get a chance to prove themselves but when you have a chance to improve your football team I think you take it (Assuming the player is also interested). I would feel 5x better about our cb situation if we signed Flowers, Asa is worthy of getting some real playing time too but I'm not thrilled about the possibility of Chykie being relied upon to be a starter. Let Chykie play ST and be a reserve cb and let Flowers or Terrell Thomas and Asa do the heavy lifting behind Webb/Jimmy. 

Edited by sflegend89, 13 June 2014 - 02:50 PM.

<p>"I run wherever I land on the runway, gimme daylight and I'm Justin Forsett on a run play" - LOS

#11 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,884 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

I like our young guys too and I think they can be solid this year, but if you can get a Flowers type guy you don't turn that down in my opinion

But, if we bring him in now, we won't know what the young guys can do. I'd rather wait until later in August to make a move like that.
15fqib6.jpg

#12 Ozzsome

Ozzsome

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

But, if we bring him in now, we won't know what the young guys can do. I'd rather wait until later in August to make a move like that.

That's true, but as we know from previous season you can never have too many CBs

#13 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

That's true, but as we know from previous season you can never have too many CBs

Plus we have two very good CBs(although Jimmy is overrated by the fans. He's not an elite CB yet) already. We'd have an excellent young secondary if we brought him in.

Banned

#14 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,221 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Do it. DO IT!
Posted Image

#15 sflegend89

sflegend89

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

Two way street, if we don't bring him in now another team will snatch him up and it will be slim pickins in August. Flowers is the clear cut best cb available now, we pretty much know where Asa and Chykie project on our defense, I don't see a whole lot of mystery there at this point. Having a guy like Flowers is only going to teach them more and push them harder to compete and bottom line we're a better football team with Brandon Flowers then without him. It's more a matter of if he's interested in us.

I would love to add him in August and give all this time exclusively to the young guys but that's just not realistic if we want the best cb available on our team. I'll take the proven player now over playing the "wait and see" game with unproven players because if they don't pull through it will be too late to add a guy like Flowers.

<p>"I run wherever I land on the runway, gimme daylight and I'm Justin Forsett on a run play" - LOS

#16 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,962 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

do you know who flowers is?

#17 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

Do it. DO IT!

I'm not sure we can. We'd have to pull a Dumervil.

Banned

#18 Bullrush

Bullrush

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

Makes no sense whatsoever from his perspective. He's not gonna come here and backup Jimmy & Webb. He will get dozens of opportunities as a starter...

Shield on my arm
Sword in my right
Cape on my back
This is where we fight
Baltimore! We built for this!
- Terrell Suggs

#19 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Makes no sense whatsoever from his perspective. He's not gonna come here and backup Jimmy & Webb. He will get dozens of opportunities as a starter...

I think that's the main problem in making this happen....would be freakin sweet if we did somehow get him though

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#20 blitzking33

blitzking33

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

I loved Flowers in the 08 draft.. dude was an absolute playmaker coming out of VT and has been great with the Chiefs. DO IT OZ!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users