Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ludy51

biggest FA bust

29 posts in this topic

Who is our biggest FA bust we have had?

NOT DOMINIQUE FOXWORTH BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO ACTUALLY THINK AND MAKE IT TOUGH TO ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Edit: I know this was slightly answered in my other post but I want a wider oppinion range

Edited by ludy51

Didn't see your other post, but it would have to be Elvis Grbac or Leon Searcy because of the expectations that came with those signings. 

Grbac was to finally give us a passing game, and while Jamal going down was a huge factor, Elvis did nothing to endear himself to this teammates or the fans and turned out to be the ain't Dilfer (much more talented, but with no heart).

Searcy was to finally fill our RT hole and without him, we were left with Kipp Vickers at RT, who amazingly might have been the worst of a long line of bad RTs in our history.

I know I probably should never say this name again.... but Frank Walker was probably the biggest FA bust in my opinion.

Grbac actually had some decent games. Worst had to be the Water Buffalo. Searcy never even played a down for us, so he's right up there, too.

Ubaldo Jimenez…jk, but seriously it would have to be Grbac.

Edited by Cville-Raven

Don't understand the hate on Grbac. Granted, he was a whiney quitter, but at least we won a playoff game with him. Sure, he stunk it up the next round, but we did win the first one. That's better than a lot of Super Bowl defending champs do (including us last year).

Don't understand the hate on Grbac. Granted, he was a whiney quitter, but at least we won a playoff game with him. Sure, he stunk it up the next round, but we did win the first one. That's better than a lot of Super Bowl defending champs do (including us last year).

I started a thread on this back in January, but I'll contribute to this one.

Grbac signed a 5 year contract with us, and threw 15 TDs and 18 INTs in one season before retiring. That's pretty bad. He probably wasn't the biggest free agent bust in our history, but he's high on the list. If Billick knew what was going to happen he may as well have just kept Dilfer around for another season or two.

I made a top 10 list in the said thread and Leon Searcy wasn't on it. The only reason for that was that I had never even heard of him until somebody mentioned him in the thread. I guess that shows that he was a bust.

Had I known of Searcy I probably would have made him #1 instead of Lee Evans, so thanks for catching me up.

Edited by display name

I also notice that the OP for this thread also started the "biggest bust from us?" thread. Why have there been 3 threads (including mine, which is linked in the post above) made in the last year, two by the same person, all discussing similar topics?

Edited by display name

Lee Evans.

was a trade, not a FA. Still a bust though.

I also notice that the OP for this thread also started the "biggest bust from us?" thread. Why have there been 3 threads (including mine, which is linked in the post above) made in the last 3 months, two by the same person, all discussing similar topics?

Because people either can't read or don't pay attention. 

I also notice that the OP for this thread also started the "biggest bust from us?" thread. Why have there been 3 threads (including mine, which is linked in the post above) made in the last year, two by the same person, all discussing similar topics?

When I said biggest bust from us I was reffering to the draft. This is FA busts.

Ubaldo Jimenez…jk, but seriously it would have to be Grbac.

Glenn Davis by a huuuuuge margin(guess that was a trade).......... don't be hatin' on Baldy just yet, he still may come around.

No doubt,   Elvis.

Edited by Tank 92

Didn't see your other post, but it would have to be Elvis Grbac or Leon Searcy because of the expectations that came with those signings. 

Grbac was to finally give us a passing game, and while Jamal going down was a huge factor, Elvis did nothing to endear himself to this teammates or the fans and turned out to be the ain't Dilfer (much more talented, but with no heart).

Searcy was to finally fill our RT hole and without him, we were left with Kipp Vickers at RT, who amazingly might have been the worst of a long line of bad RTs in our history.

I remember Searcy but Kipp Vickers. Lol. Kipp who?? How the heck did you remember that?

Grbac actually had some decent games. Worst had to be the Water Buffalo. Searcy never even played a down for us, so he's right up there, too.

Gotta be the left-handed Frankenstein. Lol. He's #1 followed closely by Searcy.

idk...... I think of a bust more of one that actually played and just plain sucked. Searcy tore his bicep(I think? regardless, really not his fault) and never saw the field. Grbac came in highly touted and was supposed to do great things, but seemed to retire while playing for us. The image of him laying down(much like brady does) in anticipation of being hit just makes me ill.

Edited by Tank 92

was a trade, not a FA. Still a bust though.

Because people either can't read or don't pay attention. 

Just wait for the "Biggest trade bust" thread. :P

Cundiff is up there. He gave us one very solid season (2010) but other than that he was a total waste.

People... Lee Evans was NOT an FA addition.. he was a part of a trade deal. This automatically disqualifies him from this list.

In my opinion, the worst FA pickup was Grbac, for reasons already mentioned numerous times in this thread.

Cundiff is up there. He gave us one very solid season (2010) but other than that he was a total waste.

Thats was an all-pro season though, but that didn't make up for 2011.

Mitchell, like Lee Evans, was acquired via trade.

Did Grbac quit on us? I was in 5th grade at the time he was with us. I remember him being bad and we probably should have started Randall Cunningham but I don't remember him quitting on us.

Albert Haynesworth.  He busted so hard in Washington that the shock waves actually reached Baltimore.  Seriously, the ground actually moved under us.

Grbac was the worst by far .

He was supposed to be an upgrade from Super Bowl winning QB Trent Dilfer .

He ended up a major downgrade .

Grbac was the worst by far . He was supposed to be an upgrade from Super Bowl winning QB Trent Dilfer . He ended up a major downgrade .

But, but,,,he made the ProBowl. He must be better than Joe, who never got there.

Lol@Grbac mocked Dilfer in the press: "It's time that a quarterback comes in here and provides leadership, a go-to guy, a vertical passing game. This is a great team. I can make it better."

Edited by PolishRifle