Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ravensfan520

running back dilemma

7 posts in this topic

If Rice gets a suspension and Forsett plays well will we still cut him or put somebody on IR. What if he looks good while Rice is out and Pierce isn't up to speed with the offense... we never cut Draft picks without letting get some time in... would we keep 4 rbs and 2 fb. I wonder what kind of position rices suspension will put us in.

Pierce, Forsett, and Taliaferro to start the year.  Once Rice comes back, we'll evaluate Forsett and whether he's worth a roster spot.  At that point, there could be an injury at another position that opens up a roster spot.  If Forsett is good enough, he'll stick around.  If he's not, he's gone.

Also, we'll only have 1 FB on the roster, and that's Juice.  Chapas is the only other FB on the roster and he's no more than a camp body.

I think Forsett is going to surprise some people, meaning that he'll be better than expected.  Sure hope so, we are going to need it at the beginning of the season.

He would have to be lighting it up to keep rice off the field as the primary back. As mentioned earlier... If he's doing well, he will share carries with rice

Pierce, Forsett, and Taliaferro to start the year.  Once Rice comes back, we'll evaluate Forsett and whether he's worth a roster spot.  At that point, there could be an injury at another position that opens up a roster spot.  If Forsett is good enough, he'll stick around.  If he's not, he's gone.

Also, we'll only have 1 FB on the roster, and that's Juice.  Chapas is the only other FB on the roster and he's no more than a camp body.

+1

RB is actually a position I'm not too concerned about. Rice and Pierce can't be much worse than they were last year, they will bounce back. Taliaferro is a guy that I really like, and drafted pretty high for a RB so we must like him. Forsett is a capable veteran that can fill in. Barring injury, I'm confident in that group in a Kubiak scheme.