38 replies to this topic

#1 Bullrush

Bullrush

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:24 AM

One of our players is getting some love right now in the media. Prisco from CBS came up with his Top 25 candidates to breakout this year and Jimmy is one of them:

Jimmy Smith, CB, Baltimore Ravens -- In his third season with the Ravens, Smith started all 16 games in 2013 and showed an ability to match up in man coverage. He is big and physical at 6-foot-2, 200 pounds and was one of the more underrated corners in the league last season. Watch him this season.

http://www.cbssports...he-nfl-for-2015

We all saw him break out after the 1st half of the season last year but this year he's on everybody's radar from day 1 and should be a pro bowler / all pro if everything goes well. :)

Edited by Bullrush, 06 June 2014 - 02:24 AM.

Shield on my arm
Sword in my right
Cape on my back
This is where we fight
Baltimore! We built for this!
- Terrell Suggs

#2 harfordravenfan

harfordravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:04 AM

Coming up on his first "big payday" also adds that extra motivation also

#3 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,803 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:35 AM

He's a year late

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#4 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

Jimmy's mental game is getting to where it needs to be to be a #1 CB ... His physicality has been there since day 1. I'm definitely excited to see him go toe to toe with AJ Green week 1. 

#5 Inqui

Inqui

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

Jimmy's mental game is getting to where it needs to be to be a #1 CB ... His physicality has been there since day 1. I'm definitely excited to see him go toe to toe with AJ Green week 1. 

Given how we seem to keep a lid on opposing WR1s, I'd say AJ doesn't share your excitement for that matchup.

#6 Inqui

Inqui

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

He's a year late

I'm pretty sure you meant Prisco, so I don't know why this is getting negged. Unless I'm reading the wrong thing into it.

Edited by Inqui, 06 June 2014 - 08:08 AM.

#7 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

By the end of last year, he was already one of the top #1's in the game. He's top 5-10 if he can do it for a whole season this time.

Edited by ravensnick, 06 June 2014 - 09:36 AM.

Owner/GM/Coach of the Shaolin Cuban Lynx

Diggs (Quandre) and Diggs(Stefon) 2015!

#8 Drew P

Drew P

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

The guy doesnt have the fluid hips he is above average but will never amongst the leagues best

#9 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

The guy doesnt have the fluid hips he is above average but will never amongst the leagues best

His hips are fine, it's anticipation and balance he needs.  And for 8 games there he was well above average... 

He gave up 5 yards to Calvin Johnson in Man coverage... if you think that's average man, then I just don't getcha.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#10 MrPlankton

MrPlankton

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

His best game, in my opinion, was against Brandon Marshall. You could tell Marshall was frustrated when playing against him. 

Edited by MrPlankton, 06 June 2014 - 10:19 AM.

#11 Drew P

Drew P

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

His hips are fine, it's anticipation and balance he needs.  And for 8 games there he was well above average... 

He gave up 5 yards to Calvin Johnson in Man coverage... if you think that's average man, then I just don't getcha.

Yeah ok i recall MT torching him BUT dropping most of the balls...Like another posting said lets see what AJ Green does to him week one.

#12 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:25 AM

I'd argue for 12

#13 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

Yeah ok i recall MT torching him BUT dropping most of the balls...Like another posting said lets see what AJ Green does to him week one.

He didn't drop most of the balls.  He had one drop on a bad ball where he came open on a fade for a TD, but even then Jimmy had pretty good positioning.

You don't play Brandon Marshall like that on accident.  On the goal line. And I agree, AJ's a tough maatchup for him because he's so shifty.

Officially.

#14 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,803 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

I'm pretty sure you meant Prisco, so I don't know why this is getting negged. Unless I'm reading the wrong thing into it.

Yep, I guess the "Jimmy is a bust" crowd took offense

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#15 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,803 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

Probably the same thing that happened when they squared off in college -- Jimmy shut him down.

#16 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

Probably the same thing that happened when they squared off in college -- Jimmy shut him down.

They switched sides to get away from Jimmy.

Officially.

#17 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

They switched sides to get away from Jimmy.

Beat me to it. Georgia purposely schemed AJ Green to be as far away from Jimmy as possible

#18 sflegend89

sflegend89

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

I thought Jimmy broke out in the 2012 playoffs/SB and carrying into last year to be honest, nobody in the media took notice though because his last name wasn't Revis, Sherman, or Peterson. Remember that job he did on Calvin Johnson? I do expect him to be even better this season though and solidify himself as a top 10 man cover guy in the NFL by the end of the year.

<p>"I run wherever I land on the runway, gimme daylight and I'm Justin Forsett on a run play" - LOS

#19 Defenserules

Defenserules

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

Him and Webb. Webb was talking about his knee being more bouncy and that he was more comfortable then he's been in the last two years. Good news in the secondary with Elam garnering unsolicited praise for his progress as well and him moving back to the SS position. If Darian Stewart can come in and play decent at FS or Jeremy Miles, we're going to have a pretty decent secondary. The #3CB position is also in the air until we see a couple preseason games but I don't doubt that Ozzie likes Chykie Brown for a reason. 

Defense Rules and Steelers Drool

#20 Drew P

Drew P

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

What about Pop Warner league?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users