47 replies to this topic

#1 YashaYahu1

YashaYahu1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

This will be all the topics we'd like to know about that we haven't gotten any answers about..

1. Has Flacco worked on his accuracy? Has he shown that he's been working on it?

2. Is Flacco a student of the game? All i hear is how much Peyton and Bradey watch film and study. I've never once heard  that Flacco is a student of the game and studies for hours watching film...smh

3. What was so special about Jensen last year if he couldn't practice????

4. What the heck is going own with John Simon and McPhee??they are hardly talked about???I'd like to hear how they've been doing.

#2 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

This will be all the topics we'd like to know about that we haven't gotten any answers about..

1. Has Flacco worked on his accuracy? Has he shown that he's been working on it?

2. Is Flacco a student of the game? All i hear is how much Peyton and Bradey watch film and study. I've never once heard  that Flacco is a student of the game and studies for hours watching film...smh

4. What the heck is going own with John Simon and McPhee??they are hardly talked about???I'd like to hear how they've been doing.

1. Not sure. I mean... We're not exactly gonna know until we see him play.

2. The "student of the game" crap is just media sensationalism. The media picks and chooses what words and phrases are associated with a player's reputation. It just so happens that Flacco isn't associated with it. Have you ever heard the media call Aaron Rodgers a "student of the game?" I haven't. I've barely even heard the phrase used to describe Drew Brees. 

3. Jensen did practice last year. He started practicing shortly after the bye week. What's so special about him? I'm not sure since there's practically zero film out there on him, but the coaches seem to like him and he's a competitor in the RT race.

4. The media picks and chooses what to report on and what not to. It just so happens that Simon and McPhee aren't hot topics. Think nothing of it.

#3 YashaYahu1

YashaYahu1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

i agree.....but i do think it goes along way with the film watching. I've heard plenty of times about brees and Rogers studying film alot....Just look at jimmy smith he said he started watching alot more film and started figuring out the defense and look how much better he played...Im a big Flacco supporter but i do think he looks lost sometimes and i wonder if that all goes back to film study and knowing what the opponents are throwing at you? Also i think, and this is My own Opinion that Flacco's accuracy should be the number one thing beside understanding the play book we should be hearing about his accuracy as been horrible..yes i know the line was bad but its accuracy was horrible last ear.

And with Mcphee right after i look on Bleacher Report and it said Mcphee looks to be in the best shape of his career, and right when i got happy it also said Upshaw was a little over weight still but not like last year..smh he need to control that.

Edited by YashaYahu1, 05 June 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#4 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,299 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

1.  I'm sure he is.  I'm sure Flacco isn't sitting around thinking "I'm accurate enough right now so I won't try to improve."

2.  Who really cares?  Last I checked, Flacco has as many rings as Peyton.  Don't listen to the media.  Not everything that happens behind closed doors is made public.  Knocking Flacco because there aren't reports of him watching film is ridiculous.  Everyone knows damn well that he's putting in film work.

3.  None of us know, but the coaches do.  They thought highly of him enough based on very few practices not to IR him so he could practice later.  Obviously they're very high on him.  There's not much information made known to the public about a guy from Colorado State - Pueblo who hasn't participated in practice other than what the coaches have seen.

4.  Both are firmly entrenched as backups.  There's really not much more that there is to tell about them.

Proud Owner/GM/Coach of the Portland Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

#5 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

i agree.....but i do think it goes along way with the film watching. I've heard plenty of times about brees and Rogers studying film alot....Just look at jimmy smith he said he started watching alot more film and started figuring out the defense and look how much better he played...Im a big Flacco supporter but i do think he looks lost sometimes and i wonder if that all goes back to film study and knowing what the opponents are throwing at you? Also i think, and this is My own Opinion that Flacco's accuracy should be the number one thing beside understanding the play book we should be hearing about his accuracy as been horrible..yes i know the line was bad but its accuracy was horrible last ear.

And with Mcphee right after i look on Bleacher Report and it said Mcphee looks to be in the best shape of his career, and right when i got happy it also said Upshaw was a little over weight still but not like last year..smh he need to control that.

Obviously film watching is important, and I would bet you a million dollars that Flacco watches more than enough film.

As for his accuracy, there's no way to quantify that right now. We're in OTAs. Reports say Flacco is doing great, so I'll just take that for what it is and assume his accuracy has improved. Honestly, I think his accuracy is a little better than most think.

As for Upshaw, every other source says that he's not overweight. Literally everyone except Bleacher Report is saying he's not overweight. It's on the team website. It's in The Sun. Harbaugh even said it. Upshaw said he's at the target weight, but he wants to lose even more. 

#6 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,048 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

He had a broken foot

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

I guess we can all agree Crush is the best then lol

Twitter

#7 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:48 AM

I think we should sneak over to Joes house and peak in his windows 24/7 and see what he does when the media is not around.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#8 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,299 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:50 AM

I think we should sneak over to Joes house and peak in his windows 24/7 and see what he does when the media is not around.

We don't have to peak in.  We'll see him skateboarding in his driveway.

Proud Owner/GM/Coach of the Portland Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

#9 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,687 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

We don't have to peak in. We'll see him skateboarding in his driveway.

At least he's not working out, doing crunches, in his driveway.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#10 PurpleCityLights

PurpleCityLights

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

No talking bad bout Flacco on this site & he doesnt have to get better, he was the superbowl MVP!!!..with one ring just like Pey Pey.........

Edited by PurpleCityLights, 05 June 2014 - 12:20 PM.

#11 RobFuseRaven

RobFuseRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

1. Why wouldn't he be working on his accuracy. He is a 120 million dollar QB. It is his job to do everything possible to improve year in and year out. That is how you survive in the NFL.

2. Like the first question, in order to be a successful QB or NFL player in general, you have to be a student of the game.

3. There weren't many options on the O-Line and the coaches wanted to see what Jensen had after his foot was injured. They couldn't do that if he was on injured reserve. The coaches obviously saw something in him to even draft him. Even this year, they want him to compete with Wagner for the RT spot. He's apparently looking good in OTAs.

4. John Simon is a second year guy. Ravens defenders generally take a couple years to develop (recently Paul Kruger, Arthur Jones, Jimmy Smith). It's pretty normal that Simon isn't being talked about much. Let him develop. He is a hard worker so I have no doubt that he will be a great player. As for McPhee, injuries slowed him down and coaches experimented with him by putting him at OLB so his name kind of got lost behind all these shiny new players. Hopefully he will reemerge if he works hard and doesn't get injured. When healthy, he is a beast.

2z3w5ms.png

“If anybody comes inside, I want to kill them.” -Marshal Yanda

#12 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

What no one is talking about: our 2nd year players.

So many of them were high ceiling developmental players. Now is the year we start seeing some fruition: who rises to the occasion, and who is bound to be on the bench till next drafts/fa takes their spot.

#13 Runnin Raven

Runnin Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

At least he's not working out, doing crunches, in his driveway.

Thanks man, I almost spit my drink out all over the keyboard.  Well done. :229031_rofl:

TOUCHDOWN RAVENS!!

#14 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,632 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

Well, looks like Preston has your answer here.

Joe's struggled a little with his passes because of the changes in footwork. About what I expected, since his 6'6 body isn't exactly built for a quick passing west coast. He's got those long legs that don't exactly make footwork easy.

He'll catch on and adapt soon, I guess. 

If not, we might have to mix in some more pistol formations to make his drop back easier. 

Edited by The Raven, 05 June 2014 - 02:25 PM.

#15 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,359 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

What no one is talking about: our 2nd year players.
So many of them were high ceiling developmental players. Now is the year we start seeing some fruition: who rises to the occasion, and who is bound to be on the bench till next drafts/fa takes their spot.

There's a whole thread on that.
15fqib6.jpg

#16 YashaYahu1

YashaYahu1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

here is what im talkn about...straight from the russell report

http://russellstreet...-begins-to-gel/

it says despite offense looking pretty good Flacco has not.....Thats where film study and off season work pays off yes he has a new system but it also says Tyrod looks good..so its more that just a system Flacco to me has yet figured out out to be a consistent QB like he doesn't know what to do in certain situations...

#17 YashaYahu1

YashaYahu1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

Despite the fact that the offense overall looks sharp in terms of execution, ironically Joe Flacco hasn’t played particularly well. Fundamentally he looks sound, paying more attention to footwork, looking off safeties while refining his ball skills, particularly with play action. But his decision-making and accuracy aren’t yet in synch.

from Russell report link i posted

here is what im talkn about...straight from the russell report

http://russellstreet...-begins-to-gel/

it says despite offense looking pretty good Flacco has not.....Thats where film study and off season work pays off yes he has a new system but it also says Tyrod looks good..so its more that just a system Flacco to me has yet figured out out to be a consistent QB like he doesn't know what to do in certain situations...

That's also written by Tony Lombardi who is well-known by smart people as the worst Ravens beat writer and an over-biased Flacco hater.

Oh yeah, as for the Tyrod bit, he conveniently left out notes about Tyrod's passing and instead focused on his explosiveness in the waggle play, which, if you know football, you'd know it's a PA bootleg pass that gives the QB the option to run.

Edited by Moderator 2, 08 June 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#18 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,802 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

What can be talked about that thoroughly? It's OTAs, minimal contact with shorts and shells.

It's about getting in shape and acclimated to the offensive and defensive systems. Some technique work and half-speed play walkthroughs.

a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#19 YashaYahu1

YashaYahu1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

on todays late for work: it says Torrey has been learning from Steve Smith bout learning to come back to the ball, and it says he been making catches while closely guarded....that the best news i heard yet...can't wait to see this on game day..It also says Marlon Brown has really been trying to learn from Steve Smith and has been running really good routes, i been reading a few articles that been saying his(Marlon) routes have been really good..excited..

Edited by YashaYahu1, 06 June 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#20 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Jensen broke his foot last year and couldn't practice. 

Owner/GM/Coach of the Shaolin Cuban Lynx

Diggs (Quandre) and Diggs(Stefon) 2015!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users