#1 JustinB

JustinB

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

Flacco 58 Yanda 55.Haloti Ngata 45..

I hate hate hate Dave Dameshek, watching top 100 after show completely ridicules no respect for Flacco but then again what can you expect from a steelers fan. What are your thoughts on it

Edited by JustinB, 11 June 2014 - 08:42 PM.

#2 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,918 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

Blah... Those things are annoying to me

Too many variables and I hate comparing players as a group
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#3 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

Joe had a fair spot. He had a new left tackle, backup left guard, worst center in the league, injured right guard, a terrible right tackle, a first time offensive coordinator, a revolving door running game, an UDFA as his number two receiver, and Ed Dickson and Dallas Clark as his tight ends.

Glad I could get that out. Dameshek also needs to realize that Flacco did not take up a lot of money. $6.8 million was lower than the $8+ million for the final year of his rookie contract, so....

#4 JustinB

JustinB

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

Joe had a fair spot. He had a new left tackle, backup left guard, worst center in the league, injured right guard, a terrible right tackle, a first time offensive coordinator, a revolving door running game, an UDFA as his number two receiver, and Ed Dickson and Dallas Clark as his tight ends.

Glad I could get that out. Dameshek also needs to realize that Flacco did not take up a lot of money. $6.8 million was lower than the $8+ million for the final year of his rookie contract, so....

Thats what really gets me is that people don't understand his contract.  Truthfully i thought he was going to be off the list entirely and i am happy to see Yanda back on it.  I know it doesn't matter because hey flacco wins and thats what matters but i do like hearing their names for something good

#5 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

Thats what really gets me is that people don't understand his contract.  Truthfully i thought he was going to be off the list entirely and i am happy to see Yanda back on it.  I know it doesn't matter because hey flacco wins and thats what matters but i do like hearing their names for something good

Very happy to have Yanda on there because he had been snubbed for two or three years now

#6 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

Could really care less about these ranking but i will say i think 58 is a fair spot for Joe. He didn't play well enough and nothing around him played well either. I didn't see the show or post show so i don't know what was said but I'd imagine that the players sensed that despite not having a solid season, Flacco actually made the best of his bad situation.

If I'm not mistaken Flacco is ranked higher then Romo, Foles and Kaep so maybe the perception of Flacco is changing around the league a bit.

mj5v69.jpg

#7 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

The whole idea is kinda stupid. After the SB win, we had the most player on the list. Now, a year later, very few of those guys make it?!? What kinda crap is that? It's all about whoever they want to build up.

#8 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

Wow I'm honestly astonished to see Flacco at 58 with how the media hates on him from time to time; not to mention how bad last season was. Hopefully he'll get the help he needs from the O-line and receivers this season. 

#9 D-Rey

D-Rey

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

Wow I'm honestly astonished to see Flacco at 58 with how the media hates on him from time to time; not to mention how bad last season was. Hopefully he'll get the help he needs from the O-line and receivers this season. 

Well it's based on his peers, not the media. I'm surprised to see him on the list at all. It makes him the 10th ranked QB and I agree. The media is hating of course.

Love it....when a crazy starts talking jibberish, we're like vultures

#10 RavenFan28105

RavenFan28105

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

The whole idea is kinda stupid. After the SB win, we had the most player on the list. Now, a year later, very few of those guys make it?!? What kinda crap is that? It's all about whoever they want to build up.

That's cause we went 8-8 and were very lucky to go 8-8 honestly. If you don't have a good season, you probably wont have many players on that list. That's why most Ravens were on the from the superbowl (obviously)

#11 Inqui

Inqui

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

Just saw the video of the Flacco discussion after the countdown stuff, and that top 100 really shouldn't be taken at face value.

The fact that there were four interpretations of what the list was supposed to be said more than enough for me. But then they couldn't agree on how important a factor the supporting cast was. One guy says Kaepernick almost gets to the Superb Owl so he deserves the spot, and another guy says Flacco lost his supporting cast so he deserves the higher consideration, while yet another guy says everyone left because Flacco got paid (untrue, but we'll roll with it) so his expectations should be higher.

Can you see how convoluted that discussion's getting already? It's worse than the "elite QB" discussion because at least with that one there were some vaguely agreeable tiers.

And when Dave Dameshek said Flacco's cap hit was $20 million.....

Edited by Inqui, 05 June 2014 - 07:02 PM.

#12 Ravensuperfan1

Ravensuperfan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

This list shouldn't be taken seriously there is no clear criteria. They don't rate players on the single season they factor in past history and accomplishments.

Like Last year no way MJD should have made the list.

I'm a big Flacco fan but I wouldn't have put him that high after last year, despite the line issues and no running game.

The Top 100 of 2013 will always be the best because we won the Super Bowl that year so we got a bunch of Ravens on the list.

#13 The_Farm

The_Farm

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Just saw the video of the Flacco discussion after the countdown stuff, and that top 100 really shouldn't be taken at face value.

The fact that there were four interpretations of what the list was supposed to be said more than enough for me. But then they couldn't agree on how important a factor the supporting cast was. One guy says Kaepernick almost gets to the Superb Owl so he deserves the spot, and another guy says Flacco lost his supporting cast so he deserves the higher consideration, while yet another guy says everyone left because Flacco got paid (untrue, but we'll roll with it) so his expectations should be higher.

Can you see how convoluted that discussion's getting already? It's worse than the "elite QB" discussion because at least with that one there were some vaguely agreeable tiers.

And when Dave Dameshek said Flacco's cap hit was $20 million.....

Yeah... to this point... They say Flacco should be held to a higher standard because he got paid that "$20 million" and the team "couldn't afford to pay his go-to guy," and then in the same breath say that Kaep should be cut some slack because all his guys were injured and he had no supporting cast.  Funny how there is no mention of Kaepernick getting Flacco's weapon in Boldin.  lol.. That whole exchange that was posted in the LFW was garbage.  Go NFL Network.  :242736:

#14 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,563 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:42 PM

Yeah... to this point... They say Flacco should be held to a higher standard because he got paid that "$20 million" and the team "couldn't afford to pay his go-to guy," and then in the same breath say that Kaep should be cut some slack because all his guys were injured and he had no supporting cast. Funny how there is no mention of Kaepernick getting Flacco's weapon in Boldin. lol.. That whole exchange that was posted in the LFW was garbage. Go NFL Network. :242736:

Plus ironically enough, Flaccos supporting cast that inflated his rank last year was Kaeps cast that wasnt good enough. Only Kaep had Vernon Davis, who Dameshek said last year is much better than Pitta and a better Oline and run game.

Edited by hawkprey, 05 June 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#15 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

Plus ironically enough, Flaccos supporting cast that inflated his rank last year was Kaeps cast that wasnt good enough. Only Kaep had Vernon Davis, who Dameshek said last year is much better than Pitta and a better Oline and run game.

So he says Kap had a better TE, OL and run game...what is he complaining about then? Hate that guy

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)

Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP

Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#16 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

So he says Kap had a better TE, OL and run game...what is he complaining about then? Hate that guy

According to that obnoxious chap, he didn't even belong in the top 100! I was actually surprised Silver was actually defending Flacco... if only Flacco did the unthinkable, got consistent, posted a good completion percentage this year, and shut these guys up once and for all. But again, who are we kidding? No matter what Flacco does, his reputation has been so tarnished by these morons, it will be hard to regain...
Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

#17 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

According to that obnoxious chap, he didn't even belong in the top 100! I was actually surprised Silver was actually defending Flacco... if only Flacco did the unthinkable, got consistent, posted a good completion percentage this year, and shut these guys up once and for all. But again, who are we kidding? No matter what Flacco does, his reputation has been so tarnished by these morons, it will be hard to regain...

Yeah, he'll never win with these guys. The weird thing is they had the perfect opportunity to bury him after the season he just had, but instead they took up for him and blamed all the people around him instead. Now they go back to what they were saying before? Whatevs

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)

Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP

Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#18 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

Yeah... to this point... They say Flacco should be held to a higher standard because he got paid that "$20 million" and the team "couldn't afford to pay his go-to guy," and then in the same breath say that Kaep should be cut some slack because all his guys were injured and he had no supporting cast.  Funny how there is no mention of Kaepernick getting Flacco's weapon in Boldin.  lol.. That whole exchange that was posted in the LFW was garbage.  Go NFL Network.  :242736:

Or the mention that his entire team was healthy for the playoffs, correct?

#19 ravensnick

ravensnick

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Look at Romo/Cutler/Kaep/Ryan's deals, they got more money guaranteed and none of them have had the success of Joe.

God, Glory, and Texas Football

Hook 'em Horns

#20 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,242 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

i don't really care about rankings.  But the highlight videos are cool.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users