105 replies to this topic

#41 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,855 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

It was reported here in Texas before the draft the guy had bum knees...soooo he tumbled literally and then physically. Teams knew he was a dud long before he got toasted and bounced on his coconut.

It was reported here in Baltimore that his knees were cleared (by several teams) and not the problem. ;)

Edited by The Raven, 05 June 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#42 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,097 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

i never hated kyle boller, and i also cant understand the flat out hatred for him. he wasnt very good, wasnt very smart, and yes, he wasted a few years for our franchise, but that was billicks fault for demanding we trade up for him, and it was also billicks fault for not allowing us to pursue other options until 06 and insisting that boller is our starter. boller had a ton of heart, he took a massive beating every week and got right back up with a smile on his face and went right back to the huddle, knowing the same thing would happen on the next snap. 

zero talent besides arm strength, but he had heart through the roof.

I agree 100%
I was a Boller fan till the very end.  Yes he tripped over his own two feet more often than not.  Yes he read defenses like a blind person reads an owners manual for a hedge trimmer.  Yes he had the accuracy of a drunk chimpanzee wearing Chinese finger cuffs. But hit after hit, he got up and got back in the huddle.  He was always cool in post game interviews.  As far as I know he was always cool to the fans.
Mostly though, every now and then, some times for more than one play in a row he got it all right and then he got it ALL right.

One quick and easy way to hush the Boller haters is to remind them of the game against the undefeated Patriots.   Who here went into that game and expected no less than a 21 point loss for the Ravens.  Boller played out of his mind that night.    That wasnt his only great moment, he had more than a few, just not a whole lot.

No, I dont get the hate either.  Disappointment for sure.  For all that was riding on him I get the disappointment.  Kyle might be the highest profile bust, but he is not the biggest.  I can say we have had worse QB's for sure.  Far worse draft picks. 

Yeah.  I am a Kyle Boller fan.

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#43 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

I agree 100%
I was a Boller fan till the very end.  Yes he tripped over his own two feet more often than not.  Yes he read defenses like a blind person reads an owners manual for a hedge trimmer.  Yes he had the accuracy of a drunk chimpanzee wearing Chinese finger cuffs. But hit after hit, he got up and got back in the huddle.  He was always cool in post game interviews.  As far as I know he was always cool to the fans.
Mostly though, every now and then, some times for more than one play in a row he got it all right and then he got it ALL right.

One quick and easy way to hush the Boller haters is to remind them of the game against the undefeated Patriots.   Who here went into that game and expected no less than a 21 point loss for the Ravens.  Boller played out of his mind that night.    That wasnt his only great moment, he had more than a few, just not a whole lot.

No, I dont get the hate either.  Disappointment for sure.  For all that was riding on him I get the disappointment.  Kyle might be the highest profile bust, but he is not the biggest.  I can say we have had worse QB's for sure.  Far worse draft picks. 

I've always liked Boller as well.  He was a good guy who put his body on the line for the sake of the team.  He certainly had his moments and he was also thrown into some terrible situations.

Regardless of his good moments, he was still a bust.  At the end of the day, selecting him set back our franchise for a good amount of years.  We lost our 1st in 2004 which was an absolutely dreadful draft.  Good guy or not, he's a bust simply for the fact that he greatly impacted the team on the field and limited what we could do around him.

#44 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:44 PM

I agree 100%

Even a dumb monkey can type a proper sentence every once in a while.  But comparing a chimp to Boller would be an insult.

Fans like yourself are the reason why we had to waste our Superbowl years down in the dumps.   We had perhaps one of the greatest defense of all time, all down the stinking pile of crap b/c somebody always had an excuse for that guy.  

Edited by Ravenseconbeast, 05 June 2014 - 08:45 PM.

#45 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,097 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

Fans like yourself are the reason why we had to waste our Superbowl years down in the dumps.

Help me understand this statement...
K-Dog

#46 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,272 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

Even a dumb monkey can type a proper sentence every once in a while.  But comparing a chimp to Boller would be an insult.

Fans like yourself are the reason why we had to waste our Superbowl years down in the dumps.   We had perhaps one of the greatest defense of all time, all down the stinking pile of crap b/c somebody always had an excuse for that guy.  

Help me understand this statement...

Wow, that sure escalated quickly, not to mention completely unwarranted.

So what if he has a difference in opinion?  We all have our favorites, some aren't as popular among the fan base as others, but part of the team nonetheless.

While I wasn't particularly proud of the final result of Boller, I can respect the guy.

THE SUN, THE MOON, THE STARS AND THE TRUTH
login.png
ALL THINGS YOU CAN COVER UP, BUT EVENTUALLY THEY REVEAL THEMSELVES

#47 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,775 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

I agree 100%

Well, keep in mind that Boller was the main reason everyone thought we were going to get trounced. We were bringing a water pistol to a gun fight.

Regardless, that game and the Denver playoff game are by far my two favorite games I have ever seen

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#48 harfordravenfan

harfordravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

I agree 100%
I was a Boller fan till the very end. Yes he tripped over his own two feet more often than not. Yes he read defenses like a blind person reads an owners manual for a hedge trimmer. Yes he had the accuracy of a drunk chimpanzee wearing Chinese finger cuffs. But hit after hit, he got up and got back in the huddle. He was always cool in post game interviews. As far as I know he was always cool to the fans.

One quick and easy way to hush the Boller haters is to remind them of the game against the undefeated Patriots. Who here went into that game and expected no less than a 21 point loss for the Ravens. Boller played out of his mind that night. That wasnt his only great moment, he had more than a few, just not a whole lot.

No, I dont get the hate either. Disappointment for sure. For all that was riding on him I get the disappointment. Kyle might be the highest profile bust, but he is not the biggest. I can say we have had worse QB's for sure. Far worse draft picks.

Yeah. I am a Kyle Boller fan.

Thank you!
The first paragraph made my morning. although I agree with most of your post, Boller is still my top pick for this title. As one member said... You could/should blame the coach for keeping him but not sure if coaches/coordinators can be on this list. Should we open a topic for biggest coach/coordinator bust?

#49 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,097 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:23 AM

Thank you!
The first paragraph made my morning. although I agree with most of your post, Boller is still my top pick for this title. As one member said... You could/should blame the coach for keeping him but not sure if coaches/coordinators can be on this list. Should we open a topic for biggest coach/coordinator bust?

Funny you would say that. After my post I jumped on YouTube to see if I could find some epic Boller videos to further my case. ( yes there was epic but no it didnt further my case )
Either way I found a Q&A Brian Billick and the question was asked "why did you keep Boller for so long? "

Billick responded with "who was I going to replace him with? "
You work with the best youve got. Sometimes that is not much.
K-Dog

#50 ludy51

ludy51

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

Sure we can open this to biggest coaches/coordinater busts. But lets get back on topic and off the boller tangent.

#51 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,097 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:13 AM

Boller was a bust was he not?
The discussion was weather or not he was the biggest bust ever. Its on topic.
K-Dog

#52 Drew P

Drew P

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

I'm 98% percent sure that our organization would've known of these "bum knees", therefore they wouldn't have wasted a 2nd round pick on him.....

Define NFL Bust to me???

Well he was believed to be a top 15 pick soooooo

#53 Drew P

Drew P

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:26 AM

It was reported here in Baltimore that his knees were cleared (by several teams) and not the problem. ;)

Sure after they picked him lol. Just like Dan Codys head was screwed on straight right?

#54 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

did we want to keep him as our starting qb? not at all. of course we were clamoring for billick to swallow his pride and go for another qb.

but do we support the fans that cheered on his injury? hell no, do we support pure "hatred" for the guy? hell no. he was a high character guy who sacrificed his body for us year after year. lets not forget the awful pass blocking he had, we had a tough mauling OL with only 1 guy who pass block worth a lick.  

instead of hating and bashing the guy, id prefer we just move on from those days since we have a franchise qb with a SBMVP title from 1.5 years ago, and say "thanks for trying kyle"

and fans will never be the reason a team underperforms... ever.

#55 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

Terrance Cody. Oh what's that? OH! Not that kind of BUST?!?!. I was thinking he was rocking some Double Ds...

Travis Taylor was a top 10 pick, it's bad to miss on a WR as a top 10 pick....QBs are so hard to judge but Boller would be my number 2

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#56 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,977 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

Biggest FA bust, go.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#57 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

Biggest FA bust, go.

Domonique Foxworth.

#58 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,977 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

Domonique Foxworth.

You win!
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#59 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

You win!

I'd like to thank the Academy, all of my fans, my parents, and sweet baby Jesus wearing a tuxedo t-shirt.

#60 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Remember when our 3 "best" corners were Fabian, Foxworth and Frank. Ugh. So many games lost because of them.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users