Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludy51

biggest bust from us?

106 posts in this topic

Domonique Foxworth.

I think I have to agree. The Ravens did everything to protect the Maryland product's image as a player. Speed and recovery speed were the traits that kept him in the league, when that was gone, man.... he was bad. it's crazy, I love Dom Fox because he was a good guy, but I screamed "No!!!!!!" when we picked him up because he always played "light and slight" in the butt, because he was. This goes back to the Terps days.

Remember when our 3 "best" corners were Fabian, Foxworth and Frank. Ugh. So many games lost because of them.

Lol.Gawd bad memories. I used to always say they should have moved Walker to Saf. He'd always make the tackle after the catch.

Remember when our 3 "best" corners were Fabian, Foxworth and Frank. Ugh. So many games lost because of them.

Yet we somehow still had a winning season for that year. LOL

Kyle Boller was the biggest bust. Remember how everyone used to talk about him throwing a football 60 yards in the air on one knee--well they year the patriots went undefeated he put all that he had into that throw at the end and it almost went 50 yards. Mark Clayton caught one of the only bombs of his career but it came up just short and the patriots went 16-0. I lost a bill on that game.

Just gonna say Clayton because we took him over Rodgers. Boller was terrible and so was Travis Taylor.

Yet we somehow still had a winning season for that year. LOL

Barely. And no thanks to them. How do you intefere on a pass and still give up the play, then get a flag for PI on top of it? Frank Walker might have been the worst CB to ever disgrace our uniform

Barely. And no thanks to them. How do you intefere on a pass and still give up the play, then get a flag for PI on top of it? Frank Walker might have been the worst CB to ever disgrace our uniform

Lmao, there's no doubt.

Even a dumb monkey can type a proper sentence every once in a while. But comparing a chimp to Boller would be an insult.

Fans like yourself are the reason why we had to waste our Superbowl years down in the dumps. We had perhaps one of the greatest defense of all time, all down the stinking pile of crap b/c somebody always had an excuse for that guy.

i completely agree. Boller was a steaming pile of horse manure, I can't believe how an athlete was so uncoordinated it baffled me. Then the constant interceptions in double coverage. He really made me upset, the fact we stuck with him for so long just pissed me off even more. Yay he actually surprised everyone and had a good game vs the pats where he threw a 4th quarter pick.", and put up 58 on Green Bay. I can't remember another time where he looked like a first round pick ever. Hot wife though.

I was going down the list thinking Dan Cody and thinking everybody forgot about him. Then the last three posts. Lol. Damn I wanted to be the first. Him and Kindle tie for me. Boller and Taylor were actually starters for awhile so I can't consider them total busts. Just bad picks.

Was thinking the same. You can't mention kindle without mentioning Dan Cody

Those two picks made me worry about the upshaw pick

Lamont Brightful would disagree.

Oh wow, there's a name I was hoping I'd never hear again. lol

He was so bad they didn't even let him play defense. So he barely qualifies as a cornerback. Frank Walker would be a good choice for guys that actually played defense on a regular basis. I can't really think of a corner who received playing time that was worse. Pittman maybe but he didn't last long.

"Bollers best plays"  or whatever that video is called on page 1....  Laughed so hard... I thought I was going to see a couple decent Boller "chucks".... instead both plays feature tipped passes where we got lucky.  It truly is amazing that we stuck with him for so long.

He was so bad they didn't even let him play defense. So he barely qualifies as a cornerback. Frank Walker would be a good choice for guys that actually played defense on a regular basis. I can't really think of a corner who received playing time that was worse. Pittman maybe but he didn't last long.

Three KO/punt return fumbles in one game.....smh. The ONE thing LB was asked to do. He was a special kind of bad...

Let me see you get your skull cracked & then become great in the NFL.......

eVeryone knows that sir, but it is what it is. A Capital B,  Baltimore BUST

I got one that some may remember.

Oniel Cousins.

Boom, close thread

Not drafted high enough (3rd), but a tragic pick regardless

For a 6th round pick he was a solid returner, except for his tendency to fumble.

For a 6th round pick he was a solid returner, except for his tendency to fumble.

That's an understatement :D

Three in one game was the final straw for him

It hurts even reading that now lol

That's an understatement :D

Three in one game was the final straw for him

Oh was was that one returners first name?

His last name was Figures.   All I know is he dropped the ball a lot too.

Every time he did I would roll my eyes and say "Figures..."

Say what you want about Boller, but the 07 game vs NE, I loved him, despite one bad play.  Seems like he had a fire in him that day.

Oh was was that one returners first name?

His last name was Figures.   All I know is he dropped the ball a lot too.

Every time he did I would roll my eyes and say "Figures..."

Yamon Figurs, 3rd rounder...always loved him and Jerome Mathis in Madden. Take them through the drills and get their hands up to 80, they were beasts!

Hard to throw Kindle in the "Bust" category, when he was impacted by an accident post draft that clearly diminished his skills. He wasn't a horrible athlete miss evaluated by our front office and outclassed by the talent in the league going in.

In regard to the later, Matt Elam is clearly a horrendous selection. Anybody else calling this guy a top of the board selection as our front office did would be drummed out of a job.

Going out on the limb just a little with this one, but the view here is that C.J. Mosley has been similarly miss evaluated and certainly has epic potential to crash and burn as spectacularly as our worst disappointments.

You're awesome!

In my opinion, it has to be Kyle Boller, given that we wasted basically 2 1st round picks on him (the one we gave up, and the one one actually used to take him). We wasted 3-4 good prime time years of Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Jamal Lewis, JO, and Chris Mccalister careers with him. If we would have had a decent QB during those stretches we could have been a dynasty or pretty close to it. Top 3 defense with an at least top 15 offense and we would have been a juggernaut!! I believe we should have kept Trent a couple more years while we develop a QB of the future.