Mjcows52

Favorite Current Raven

61 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

Just wanted to get a sense of the most popular current ravens players. If there is another forum like this, please add a link for me. If not, comment your favorite player and why.

I will start.

My favorite player is Justin Tucker.

Here's why:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000299784/WK-15-Can-t-Miss-Play-Tuck-rules

Jimmy Smith

Surprise!

I'd go with Suggs and Torrey Smith for me.  One for offense, one for defense.

Edited by Mt. Crushmore

Surprise!

I'd go with Suggs and Torrey Smith for me.  One for offense, one for defense.

Torrey Smith is my favorite offensive player

Haloti will always hold a special place with me, but it has to be Joe Flacco. Because he is, well, he is The Flacco.

Haloti will always hold a special place with me, but it has to be Joe Flacco. Because he is, well, he is The Flacco.

Is your avatar of him after he broke Ben's nose?

Faborite is Tucker.

Offense Torrey an defense Jimmy. Remember wanting them both that draft and stuck with em when everyone thought they were busts.

To get off my high horse though I also kept faith in Demetrius Williams.

Jimmy Smith

Yessir! Jimmy cus of my love for the cornerback position, the number 22, and his swagger.

Close 2nd is Steve Smith cus he's been my favorite WR in the league for some time now.

Edited by xxhighriser

Yessir! Jimmy cus of my love for the cornerback position, the number 22, and his swagger.

Close 2nd is Steve Smith cus he's been my favorite WR in the league for some time now.

He was my favorite Raven before he was a Raven

Justin Tucker and Steve Smith. I was a huge fan of Smith since his rookie season, as I lived in East TN and had the opportunity to watch him pretty much every Sunday.

Torrey Smith, I loved him in college!

I remember when I made several threads about drafting him prior to the 2011 draft and everyone said he had no hands and that we should take guys like Baldwin over him...ha

I was so pumped when we took him in the 2nd

Thus,Torrey takes it for me on offense, then Webb on defense

T-Sizzle, followed by Flacco.

Tucker's the coolest on & off the field though.

Sizzle.

Like Flacco and Torrey a lot, too. Lardarius is awesome, as well. I like them all! LOL

I can't name one, because they are all like my children. I love them all, but if you promise not to tell the others here are a few of my favorites: Justin Tucker, Sizzle, Steve Smith Sr., Jacoby Jones, Webb, Torrey Smith and Justin Tucker again!!!

Edited by ellicottraven

I will stick with jones because I have been singing his praises since he was signed as a free agent and was unfairly maligned and continues to be. He single handedly wins games for us.

For defense it is so hard now because reed has been my favorite football player forever and the young guard has yet to prove themselves. I think I will go with simon for now because his work ethic and motor are top notch and he's going to be an unsung hero of the special teams for years even if he is only a back up rotational lineman.

Sizzle and Tucker for on and off field. Jacoby mostly for personality

Edited by ravefan52

John Urschel! The dude was my calc teacher and let me go everywhere with him! Cant wait to get some more info from the other side

T-Sizzle, followed by Flacco.

Tucker's the coolest on & off the field though.

I dunno man, Suggs is one funny dude. Check him out on FB, love the way he interacts with everyone

I dunno man, Suggs is one funny dude. Check him out on FB, love the way he interacts with everyone

Yeah he is. That's why he's my #1 combined with his level of play on the field.

But Tucker's personality and story just rises to the top IMO.

Probably Torrey, because of the excitement he brings on the field.  Also we're both terps and graduated the same year.

I love all of our guys but as far as a combination of production and personality, its a tie between Justin Tucker, Lardarius Webb, and Torrey Smith.

Flacco's my favorite player. I'm ready for Mosely to take the mantle on defense for me, and I'm betting he will sooner rather than later.

My dog is named Yanda so therefore Yanda is my favorite player. Absolute toughness!!

Eugene Monroe.  The main reason: He's the anti-McKinnie.  He's a hard worker and puts 100% into everything he does.  He's the jolt that the Ravens needed at LT.  Between the obese and injury prone Gaither and the lazy/low character McKinnie, Monroe is the best LT we've had since Ogden.  And we paid less for him than I thought we would have to.  He's obviously not as good as Ogden was, but he's the best we've had since Ogden retired (honestly, he's really the only competent LT we've had).

Edited by wademan2636

Torrey is probably my favorite overall between talent, production, personality, and how he conducts himself.

Offense: Marshal Yanda-no problem getting down and dirty...tough as nails...by far our most dominant and consistent lineman since JO

Defense: Jimmy Smith-protypical size, speed, athelticism. Had red flags coming out of college, but has given us no problems. No character concerns, very well spoken, has improved each year with us.  

Special Teams: TIE  Justin Tucker/Jacoby Jones-Tuck b/c he has so much swag and charisma to be a kicker!!! Jacoby for the exact same reason, there is never a dull moment when this guy is around. I always stand up when he has the ball in his hands because he's a big play waiting to happen. Also, he's my frat brother!! RQQ to da Good Bruhz!!! Que Psi Phi!!!