757RavensFan

Harbs/Tyrod question

97 posts in this topic

Ok after reading every player article since the 1st round of OTAs, Harb's has stated that everyone looks good and he likes what he sees from that player. That got me to thinking, did Harbs personally call out any other player last year for their disappointing performance besides Tyrod Taylor (the freaking backup QB)? Maybe I'm a little emo about this b/c Tyrod is a local kid, who shouldn't have even been mentioned in the discussions regarding the disappointment of last season.  Even with Ray Rice's dismal season, I don't ever recall (not saying it didn't happen) Harbs say he was disappointed in Ray's performance.  If he did call out someone, who was it?

/vent

Tyrod isnt good  /discussion.

There is this and also, it wasn't a discussion of last year's disappointment. It was a question about keeping 3 QBs, etc etc etc. In other words, specifically about back-up QBs and Tyrod's future. So he didn't call him out - he answered a question.

I wouldn't read into it too much.  Harbaugh has called out guys before.  Mellette and Asa last year.  Webb his rookie year.  It's nothing new.  Some guys take motivation in different ways and maybe Harbaugh thinks this is the way to get to Tyrod.

I haven't been all that impressed by Tyrod, but don't write him off yet.  I think it's likely that he's back for one more year.  They classified Wenning as a developmental guy.  They've been comfortable having Tyrod as the #2 for the past 3 years.  I don't see that changing, especially when I keep seeing that they feel Wenning isn't ready to be the primary backup.

I think the Eagles should give us a later round draft pick for Tyrod ... I think he'd run a Chip Kelly offense very nicely, at least it would be fun to see. 

I think the Eagles should give us a later round draft pick for Tyrod ... I think he'd run a Chip Kelly offense very nicely, at least it would be fun to see. 

Thats it... the Eagles should... its been decided.

If he does have a future in the NFL, that's where it is.

That's very unlikely. I like Tyrod, but he never showed much promise. We won't get any draft picks for him, unless we can accept picks from the Totonto Argonauts for the CFL draft.

Mike Preston would speculate the feud began when Tyrod crossed Harbs over and posterized him on the team basketball courts. Then, laughing maniacally, Steve Bisciotti simultaneously lost trust in the coach and signed him to another extension.

That's very unlikely. I like Tyrod, but he never showed much promise. We won't get any draft picks for him, unless we can accept picks from the Totonto Argonauts for the CFL draft.

Dont count him out, under another offense he could become very good. Alot of people said Q was old and done but in another system he shined.

Dont count him out, under another offense he could become very good. Alot of people said Q was old and done but in another system he shined.

Regardless of what offense he plays in, he will still have to overcome his greatest weakness: Throwing a football.

Nick Foles>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tyrod

Nick Foles>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tyrod

I definitely agree, at this point. Foles looks like a long term franchise QB for that team. But I think Chip would have fun continuing to develop Tyrod just in case. Now that's assuming Sanchez is no threat to Foles, lol. 

I definitely agree, at this point. Foles looks like a long term franchise QB for that team. But I think Chip would have fun continuing to develop Tyrod just in case. Now that's assuming Sanchez is no threat to Foles, lol. 

They got Barkley as well. He could be a decent future back-up. Maybe a team like the Redskins, Panthers, or 9ers would trade to have a backup similar to their starter.

Edited by ravensnick

Bottom line is I can't see us sticking with Tyrod after this season. I think Keith Wenning/Kyle Wilson/Kenneth Wahlberg is our backup for the future - better scheme fit and more similar to Joe, and that's before you get into the intricacies of giving Tyrod another contract.

But Tyrod having a great year is both in the FO's best interest and it's in Tyrod's. Tyrod's going to need a change of scenery and no doubt he'll stick back himself as a starting QB given the chance, and the FO wants him to do well this year so they can get a decent compensatory pick.

He'll stick around this year and probably be given a few opportunities as he always has (hopefully just in garbage time or in a late preseason game a match where we decide to rest our starters), and that'll be his big rehearsal to the rest of the league. Anything else that may push him is fine by me.

Bottom line is I can't see us sticking with Tyrod after this season. I think Keith Wenning/Kyle Wilson/Kenneth Wahlberg is our backup for the future - better scheme fit and more similar to Joe, and that's before you get into the intricacies of giving Tyrod another contract.

But Tyrod having a great year is both in the FO's best interest and it's in Tyrod's. Tyrod's going to need a change of scenery and no doubt he'll stick back himself as a starting QB given the chance, and the FO wants him to do well this year so they can get a decent compensatory pick.

He'll stick around this year and probably be given a few opportunities as he always has (hopefully just in garbage time or in a late preseason game a match where we decide to rest our starters), and that'll be his big rehearsal to the rest of the league. Anything else that may push him is fine by me.

Tyrod having a great year means flacco missed time so I'm not sure how that's truly in the best interest of the front office

Tyrod having a great year means flacco missed time so I'm not sure how that's truly in the best interest of the front office

I don't mean pulling Flacco (hence the reference to garbage time) and injuries don't come back on the FO, but they'll want him to shine during the limited snaps he'll get in the upcoming season. As much as you can shine during that time.

I don't mean pulling Flacco (hence the reference to garbage time) and injuries don't come back on the FO, but they'll want him to shine during the limited snaps he'll get in the upcoming season. As much as you can shine during that time.

Regardless of how it happens in order for tyrod to have a great year flacco was missing reps and picking up garbage time stats isn't going to lead anyone to calling his year great.

As for injuries not coming back on the front office, you're wrong. If flacco gets hurt and tyrod plays significant snaps and does well

It makes one question if we needed to truly pay flacco when we had a potential star on the bench behind him.

Regardless of how it happens in order for tyrod to have a great year flacco was missing reps and picking up garbage time stats isn't going to lead anyone to calling his year great.

As for injuries not coming back on the front office, you're wrong. If flacco gets hurt and tyrod plays significant snaps and does well

It makes one question if we needed to truly pay flacco when we had a potential star on the bench behind him.

He can still look good on tape and show he's a better fit elsewhere (Washington, for example, and Philly's already been mentioned). I've made my thoughts clear on QB stats so I can agree on no-one caring about his numbers.

And I disagree on the FO looking bad for paying Joe if Tyrod does well, for the same reasons I don't think the Bears look stupid for paying Cutler despite McCown's success afterwards. But I'm not getting bogged down in that argument, because it always ends up getting locked 100 pages later.

Even if Flacco got hurt and Tyrod stepped up and played well, it has no relevance whatsoever to whether we should have paid Flacco. We'd just be giving Tyrod that money anyway in that instance

Everyone talking about scheme fit and kubiak's system. What happens if kubiak gets a HC job next season and take his coaches with him? Gon be a whole new system. You just never know

Even if Flacco got hurt and Tyrod stepped up and played well, it has no relevance whatsoever to whether we should have paid Flacco. We'd just be giving Tyrod that money anyway in that instance

Actually no.

There'd be no reason to pay tremendously to any one player at qb if multiple players show the ability to excel for us and are available for us. It's why we didnt overpay Kruger

Actually no.

There'd be no reason to pay tremendously to any one player at qb if multiple players show the ability to excel for us and are available for us. It's why we didnt overpay Kruger

Actually yes.

If we didn't pay Flacco, he would have walked.

There is this and also, it wasn't a discussion of last year's disappointment. It was a question about keeping 3 QBs, etc etc etc. In other words, specifically about back-up QBs and Tyrod's future. So he didn't call him out - he answered a question.

At least this guy answered the actual question of the original post.

As for all this.... hatred.  It's hilarious because unlike Flacco... Tyrod hasn't even had a chance to show anything.

And all the insults about Tyrod's passing ability, is the same thing everyone outside of Ravens Land says about Flacco.  So it's even more hilarious.

Only difference between Flacco and Taylor is that Flacco was GIVEN a starting job and has had every opportunity to prove himself.  He's had success, but there hasn't been much improvement in his individual performance.

Maybe Tyrod Taylor will never start in the NFL.  But it's hilarious he's gotten so much hate when he hasn't even had a chance to screw up.  Just nervous, blind Flacco defenders.

We all know what's going to happen with this story.  Tyrod will be put in during preseason, and the team will almost exclusively run the ball when that happens.  If Wenning shows enough, they'll cut Tyrod at the last minute so he doesn't have time to find a new team.