52 replies to this topic

#21 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

I was surprised when we signed Juice.  I did a little googeling and I made the declaration here some where.  Three to five years Juice is a fan favorite.

I stand by what I said.

Edited by K-Dog, 28 June 2014 - 06:17 PM.

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

You DO NOT know more than any coach in the NFL.  You simply do not.

#22 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

Agreed. Come next season I can see the starting lineup being: KLM (end) Willaims (NT) Jerinigan (end).

I think it will be Tyson,Cody,Ngata.

With Williams being a rotation starter until he gets some serious dose of productive snaps @field.

Jernigan is a gifted and a explosive player, but our defense is a lot more complex than people thinks.

I feel like the only true starter @ game1 will be CJ. Jernigan & Brooks will have hard time finding time on field.

#23 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,998 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

I was surprised when we signed Juice.  I did a little googeling and I maded the declaration here some where.  Three to five years Juice is a fan favorite.
I stand by what I said.

I think with Kubes running the offense he might be a fan favorite this year. The best thing about the offense thisyear is that nobody really knows what it'll look like. Yes we can all assume and look at Texans clips to see whatthe offense could look like, but Kubes said he's building this offense to fit what the players do best. Juice could really be a wildcard in this offense. I'm looking for big things from Juice.

I think KLM and BW will both see lots of time this year. I actually really like how our young DL is shaping up. Both of those guys who have a impact.

Brown will grow this year but continue to be more of a sub package ILB.

I think Wanger will have the biggest impact. Run blocking is his strength and that's what the offense is built around. Of course many won't highlight him because of the position he plays but his impact will be huge for this team. He's a big reason why we didn't attack the RT position this offseason and i don't think we will unless there is a Matt Birk type player cut. Wagner and Yanda are gonna be down right nasty on the right side. I know I'm in the minority here but i feel our oline will be a strength this year, like SB run strength. He has a outside shot to make the possibility probowl this year. If this running game gets back to form and enters the top 5 range, Wagner will probably be viewed as a key addition by voters.

I really like our last two draft classes. Obviously these guys have to perform, but i love the potential. Elam, Art, BW,KLM, Marlon, Wagner, Juice, CJ, Timmy, TB, Gilmore and maybe Camp will all either start or have a pretty big role on the team this year. Then guys like Jensen, Simon and Tailaferro could also carve out roles as well. That's both impressive and a bit scary that you added so much talent that could contribute easily but we also know that young players make a ton of mistakes too. But if it all comes together the Ravens won't have a window open to the Superbowl each year, they'll have a wide open door.

mj5v69.jpg

#24 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:37 PM

I was surprised when we signed Juice.  I did a little googeling and I maded the declaration here some where.  Three to five years Juice is a fan favorite.

I stand by what I said.

He's gonna be a H-back in this kubiak offense. Do so blocking, catch some passes, maybe even get a couple carries.

Owner/GM/Coach of the Shaolin Cuban Lynx

Diggs (Quandre) and Diggs(Stefon) 2015!

#25 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

He's gonna be a H-back in this kubiak offense. Do so blocking, catch some passes, maybe even get a couple carries.

He also plays tight end.
His versatility is his high point.

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

You DO NOT know more than any coach in the NFL.  You simply do not.

#26 RavensDE

RavensDE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:41 PM

Overall - Elam
He has the chance to really emerge in our system. Can play either S and likely to play more SS this season. He will be better and will take advantage of his opportunity.

Offense
1-wagoner - he must
2-m.brown - he can
3-juice - he will

Defense
1-Elam - he's a force
2-KLM - he's healthy
3-Williams - he's ready

Sadness=Mellette - Bad knees in a crowded field? Hello IR.

Edited by RavensDE, 03 June 2014 - 11:41 PM.

#27 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,386 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

He also plays tight end.
His versatility is his high point.

H-back is like a fullback/TE combo role

Owner/GM/Coach of the Shaolin Cuban Lynx

Diggs (Quandre) and Diggs(Stefon) 2015!

#28 RaineV1

RaineV1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:26 PM

I think it will be Tyson,Cody,Ngata.

With Williams being a rotation starter until he gets some serious dose of productive snaps @field.

Jernigan is a gifted and a explosive player, but our defense is a lot more complex than people thinks.

I feel like the only true starter @ game1 will be CJ. Jernigan & Brooks will have hard time finding time on field.

By next season, I didn't mean the upcoming one. Rather, the one after it. Sorry for the confusion. Though I doubt Cody becomes a starter this upcoming season. In fact, I think he could end up being released.

However, I see Brooks starting at some point this season. He's just about the only person on the team capable of playing the FS position at a high level. Even if he's still learning, his range and ability to cover deep will just out class all the other potential FSs on the team.

#29 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,820 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

By next season, I didn't mean the upcoming one. Rather, the one after it. Sorry for the confusion. Though I doubt Cody becomes a starter this upcoming season. In fact, I think he could end up being released.

However, I see Brooks starting at some point this season. He's just about the only person on the team capable of playing the FS position at a high level. Even if he's still learning, his range and ability to cover deep will just out class all the other potential FSs on the team.

I have high hopes for Brooks too.  I think his ceiling is high.   The guy loves to play nasty and physical.  I just think Brooks isn't a big of a star to really become a reliable starter @ FS this season.

I think Michael Huff kind of showed you speed can't really cover deficiencies on the field.   Players nowadays just have has to have a lot things down in order to play up to par @ a passing league.

#30 RaineV1

RaineV1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

I have high hopes for Brooks too.  I think his ceiling is high.   The guy loves to play nasty and physical.  I just think Brooks isn't a big of a star to really become a reliable starter @ FS this season.

I think Michael Huff kind of showed you speed can't really cover deficiencies on the field.   Players nowadays just have has to have a lot things down in order to play up to par @ a passing league.

The reason Huff failed though was more so due to his lack of physicality. He had the speed but didn't really get after people. While Brooks may make mistakes due to being a rookie, he has the right mind set to go along with that speed. Also, I'd just worry about not having a safety that can really cover deep passes when going against the Steelers and Bengals twice a year, not to mention also facing the Saints and Colts this season. All of them will happily attack the safeties all game long if they think their receivers can get behind them.

#31 Guest_RBates_*

Guest_RBates_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

For me its going to be Juice and Owen Daniels.  Juice is an amazing athlete that has spent big time in the gym and it shows.  I will never forget how he knocked that guy out on special teams.........wow....... He can be a legitimate beast in this offense. 

#32 Cillmatic

Cillmatic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:45 AM

I expect Elam,brown,Williams and Juice to step up.

#33 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:59 AM

My predictions: Arthur, Williams and Wagner become studs, Juice and Elam don't.

#34 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

I know we drafted Mosley and re-signed Smith but I really like Arthur Brown as a potential player who could earn more time. I think we'll use three LB more and more this year. That will help him stay on the field.

I also love Williams and Lewis-Moore as players who all likely standout. I think Williams will be much more prominent, however, with KLM in more of a reserve and rotational role.

I'm not sure how I feel about Juszczyk but I'm saying both he and Marlon don't impress much this year. I think Marlon will slump and I see Juszczyk struggling to learn and execute the new offense.

I think Wagner will definitely play a major role.

#35 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

I know we drafted Mosley and re-signed Smith but I really like Arthur Brown as a potential player who could earn more time. I think we'll use three LB more and more this year. That will help him stay on the field.

I also love Williams and Lewis-Moore as players who all likely standout. I think Williams will be much more prominent, however, with KLM in more of a reserve and rotational role.

I'm not sure how I feel about Juszczyk but I'm saying both he and Marlon don't impress much this year. I think Marlon will slump and I see Juszczyk struggling to learn and execute the new offense.

Kyle fits the James Casey thing and has good hands so I think the opposite. I agree with everything else.
Mosley and Brown will be a hell of a duo for the next 5+ years
Banned

#36 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

Kyle fits the James Casey thing and has good hands so I think the opposite. I agree with everything else.
Mosley and Brown will be a hell of a duo for the next 5+ years

It's not his hands. I'm just sold on him being strong enough yet. I'm going off what I've seen but I can't say he's strong enough to beat starters at this moment. If he can awesome.

#37 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,998 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

I feel the exact opposite, especially with Juice. I sort of agree with Brown as I don't see him getting as many opportunities to develop as that 2nd year guy, initially I didn't think we would use as much 2TE as many were thinking but it seems both PItta and O.D are looking really good thus far and it's that's the case, it's foolish not to use those guys as much as possible.

But with Juice, I really think this guy is gonna start to make a name for himself this year. He fits that H-Back role perfectly and I doubt Kubes would have such high expectation for the guy if he was struggling to pick up the offense. I think he's gonna be an really important part of this offense.

It's not his hands. I'm just sold on him being strong enough yet. I'm going off what I've seen but I can't say he's strong enough to beat starters at this moment. If he can awesome.

I think he's plenty strong enough. I think we have to remember that last year we were looking at him being a pure FB and that wasn't him style. He had to adjust to that role and build his body to fill that role. However now, he's not gonna be asked to be a pure FB, he's more of Anthony Allen then Vontae Leach and I think we both had visions of AA being converted to a FB/HB type.

Now i'm not saying you don't have to be strong and power as a FB in this system, but you don't have to be as strong as we needed him to be last season. This blocking scheme is more about getting the defense to flow one way and present a cut-back for the ball carrier. So the FB doesn't have to be the hammer that Leach was, would It be nice for him to be? yes but it's not needed. This is one of the reason, along with money, why the Texans allowed Leach to walk. I think playing on ST last year really helped Juice develop his blocking and staying in the weight room helped build that strength. I'm really interested in seeing him this year. He could end up being the steal of the 2013 draft.

mj5v69.jpg

#38 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

now i hate blowing up players who are completely unproven, but i can see a majority of our 2013 class being damn solid for us. williams, art brown, wagner, and juszczyk are probably all going to be solid contributors, jensen could make for solid depth 

EDIT: forgot to mention KLM, im thinking he has a 6+ sack season

Edited by JoeyFlex5, 04 July 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#39 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

But with Juice, I really think this guy is gonna start to make a name for himself this year. He fits that H-Back role perfectly and I doubt Kubes would have such high expectation for the guy if he was struggling to pick up the offense. I think he's gonna be an really important part of this offense.

I agree. When we drafted him a year ago I was very skeptical and disappointed w/ the pick. Since then, we have cut Vonta and moved on into a new offense. If you saw the recent highlight vid of Juice on the Ravens Videos you would easily see that this kid has worked insanely hard this offseason, honestly looks like a Peyton Hillis clone. I too think he will be a key component to this offense in taking on that grunt work, and maybe catching a few passes. 

#40 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

I agree. When we drafted him a year ago I was very skeptical and disappointed w/ the pick. Since then, we have cut Vonta and moved on into a new offense. If you saw the recent highlight vid of Juice on the Ravens Videos you would easily see that this kid has worked insanely hard this offseason, honestly looks like a Peyton Hillis clone. I too think he will be a key component to this offense in taking on that grunt work, and maybe catching a few passes. 

i see him as a pretty big part of the passing game, more so than the run game. he looked so fluid and natural in that video running routes and catching the ball, its obvious that was his strong point in college when you watch that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users