Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

2nd Year Guys 2013 Draft

53 posts in this topic

Other than Elam, who do you expect of the 2013 Class to make an impact this year?

Do you see anyone earning a starting job?

Also, are there any 2013 picks you are dissapointed with, waste of a pick?

Thoughts?

I'm thinking Brandon Williams is going to be a big part of the DLine rotation.

Failure? Marc Anthony. Thats easy.

I think Brandon Williams is going to play a large role for us.

I think KLM will prove to be a very nice rotation piece for this year as well.

Rick Wagner is also an obvious choice for a large impact as it currently stands

Maybe Jensen if Wagner doesn't work out.

I even think Arthur Brown will carve out a nice role in nickel situations.

Not sure what type of impact he'll have, but I'd like to see Juice more involved.

On the other side, I'm kind of worried about Mellette.  Reports stated he's having consistent knee issues, which has bothered him since college.

Simon seems primed to sit on the bench a play some ST for awhile longer.

KYLE JUSZCZYK!!!!!!! He will play a large role in Gary Kubiak's offense. 

On defense, Brandon Williams will play a big role and so will Arthur Brown. KLM has a chance to impress.

I'm also worried about Aaron Mellete and I am disappointed with the Marc Anthony pick.

On offence: Juszcyk. Kubiak will have a lot of fun shuffling him around the place.

On defence: Arthur Brown looks ready to build off his (more or less) redshirt year, and Brandon Williams can only get better from here.

I expect to see quite a bit from Marlon Brown, he should see far less attention from defenses this year.

I dont expect much from Juice at all, but I'd love to be proven wrong

Watch out for KLM. He could even lock down a starting spot by the end of the year. I think Simon gets some more snaps as well. 

KLM is still "recovering" meaning he has not tested his knee in game circumstances & has never practices with the team until now. Therefore, I expect he will be treated as a rookie and get situational // rotational spot duty or just ride the pine as most Raven rookies do their 1st season.

KLM is still "recovering" meaning he has not tested his knee in game circumstances & has never practices with the team until now. Therefore, I expect he will be treated as a rookie and get situational // rotational spot duty or just ride the pine as most Raven rookies do their 1st season.

I think he and Jernigan could be our ends of the future.

I think he and Jernigan could be our ends of the future.

Agreed. Come next season I can see the starting lineup being: KLM (end) Willaims (NT) Jerinigan (end).

I expect to see more from Juice and Arthur Brown. But most importantly, I think there is a high chance Williams starts on that DL with Ngata and Canty, but he will probably have to battle Deangelo Tyson and Jernigan for it. Marc Anthony was easily a waste of a pick. Didn't even make the team and was cut by Tampa last friday.

I expect to see more from Juice and Arthur Brown. But most importantly, I think there is a high chance Williams starts on that DL with Ngata and Canty, but he will probably have to battle Deangelo Tyson and Jernigan for it. Marc Anthony was easily a waste of a pick. Didn't even make the team and was cut by Tampa last friday.

To be fair. Anthony's highlight reel was a song called "You Sang to me"......

Juice + Kubiak SHOULD be gold.

Brown should be rotational with the arrival of Mosley but he will be a starter in the future.

Tyson is a good piece to have on a young line and Lewis-Moore might Suprise people

Nothing wasted about the puns about his name we got to make for like a week though. Don't underestimate that in a pick.

Nothing wasted about the puns about his name we got to make for like a week though. Don't underestimate that in a pick.

Yeah that was certainly fun to do

My guesses besides Elam would be Williams, Juice, Wagner, and KLM

Edited by 52520Andrew

Brown should be rotational with the arrival of Mosley but he will be a starter in the future.

Tyson is a good piece to have on a young line and Lewis-Moore might Suprise people

If the two reach their potential, Mosley and Brown will be a hell of a ILB core for years to come.

NFLfan123, on 03 Jun 2014 - 02:01 AM, said:

If the two reach their potential, Mosley and Brown will be a hell of a ILB core for years to come.

Agreed; and I keep adding in Elam & Brooks and Webby & Smith. Those 6 guys, if they perform as expected, should shutdown much of the field. Ozzie is building the D-line and next year attacks OLB, WR, CB in the draft. On paper, a very formidable D. Can't wait to see the perform.

Honestly, everyone except John Simon and maybe Jensen has a legitimate opportunity to get significant play time or a starting role this season. Even those two could find  themselves in a strong rotational or backup role. A lot of these guys could end up starting as soon as this year. Kind of cool that we got so many potential starters in a draft. I do think the 2013 will become one of our best draft classes, probably top five. 

As for which will have the most impact om 2013, I say KLM and Wagner. I know those are sort of the dark horse candidates out of this class but I really like the potential these two have. 

I see him taking over for Smith as early as 2015. 

Agreed; and I keep adding in Elam & Brooks and Webby & Smith. Those 6 guys, if they perform as expected, should shutdown much of the field. Ozzie is building the D-line and next year attacks OLB, WR, CB in the draft. On paper, a very formidable D. Can't wait to see the perform.

Webby will  be getting up in year by that time lol.

I was surprised when we signed Juice.  I did a little googeling and I made the declaration here some where.  Three to five years Juice is a fan favorite.

I stand by what I said.

Edited by K-Dog

Agreed. Come next season I can see the starting lineup being: KLM (end) Willaims (NT) Jerinigan (end).

I think it will be Tyson,Cody,Ngata.

With Williams being a rotation starter until he gets some serious dose of productive snaps @field.

Jernigan is a gifted and a explosive player, but our defense is a lot more complex than people thinks.

I feel like the only true starter @ game1 will be CJ. Jernigan & Brooks will have hard time finding time on field.

I was surprised when we signed Juice.  I did a little googeling and I maded the declaration here some where.  Three to five years Juice is a fan favorite.

I stand by what I said.

I think with Kubes running the offense he might be a fan favorite this year. The best thing about the offense thisyear is that nobody really knows what it'll look like. Yes we can all assume and look at Texans clips to see whatthe offense could look like, but Kubes said he's building this offense to fit what the players do best. Juice could really be a wildcard in this offense. I'm looking for big things from Juice.

I think KLM and BW will both see lots of time this year. I actually really like how our young DL is shaping up. Both of those guys who have a impact.

Brown will grow this year but continue to be more of a sub package ILB.

I think Wanger will have the biggest impact. Run blocking is his strength and that's what the offense is built around. Of course many won't highlight him because of the position he plays but his impact will be huge for this team. He's a big reason why we didn't attack the RT position this offseason and i don't think we will unless there is a Matt Birk type player cut. Wagner and Yanda are gonna be down right nasty on the right side. I know I'm in the minority here but i feel our oline will be a strength this year, like SB run strength. He has a outside shot to make the possibility probowl this year. If this running game gets back to form and enters the top 5 range, Wagner will probably be viewed as a key addition by voters.

I really like our last two draft classes. Obviously these guys have to perform, but i love the potential. Elam, Art, BW,KLM, Marlon, Wagner, Juice, CJ, Timmy, TB, Gilmore and maybe Camp will all either start or have a pretty big role on the team this year. Then guys like Jensen, Simon and Tailaferro could also carve out roles as well. That's both impressive and a bit scary that you added so much talent that could contribute easily but we also know that young players make a ton of mistakes too. But if it all comes together the Ravens won't have a window open to the Superbowl each year, they'll have a wide open door.

I was surprised when we signed Juice.  I did a little googeling and I maded the declaration here some where.  Three to five years Juice is a fan favorite.

I stand by what I said.

He's gonna be a H-back in this kubiak offense. Do so blocking, catch some passes, maybe even get a couple carries.

He's gonna be a H-back in this kubiak offense. Do so blocking, catch some passes, maybe even get a couple carries.

He also plays tight end.

His versatility is his high point.

Overall - Elam

He has the chance to really emerge in our system. Can play either S and likely to play more SS this season. He will be better and will take advantage of his opportunity.

Offense

1-wagoner - he must

2-m.brown - he can

3-juice - he will

Defense

1-Elam - he's a force

2-KLM - he's healthy

3-Williams - he's ready

Sadness=Mellette - Bad knees in a crowded field? Hello IR.

Edited by RavensDE

He also plays tight end.

His versatility is his high point.

H-back is like a fullback/TE combo role

I think it will be Tyson,Cody,Ngata.

With Williams being a rotation starter until he gets some serious dose of productive snaps @field.

Jernigan is a gifted and a explosive player, but our defense is a lot more complex than people thinks.

I feel like the only true starter @ game1 will be CJ. Jernigan & Brooks will have hard time finding time on field.

By next season, I didn't mean the upcoming one. Rather, the one after it. Sorry for the confusion. Though I doubt Cody becomes a starter this upcoming season. In fact, I think he could end up being released.

However, I see Brooks starting at some point this season. He's just about the only person on the team capable of playing the FS position at a high level. Even if he's still learning, his range and ability to cover deep will just out class all the other potential FSs on the team.

By next season, I didn't mean the upcoming one. Rather, the one after it. Sorry for the confusion. Though I doubt Cody becomes a starter this upcoming season. In fact, I think he could end up being released.

However, I see Brooks starting at some point this season. He's just about the only person on the team capable of playing the FS position at a high level. Even if he's still learning, his range and ability to cover deep will just out class all the other potential FSs on the team.

I have high hopes for Brooks too.  I think his ceiling is high.   The guy loves to play nasty and physical.  I just think Brooks isn't a big of a star to really become a reliable starter @ FS this season.

I think Michael Huff kind of showed you speed can't really cover deficiencies on the field.   Players nowadays just have has to have a lot things down in order to play up to par @ a passing league.

I have high hopes for Brooks too.  I think his ceiling is high.   The guy loves to play nasty and physical.  I just think Brooks isn't a big of a star to really become a reliable starter @ FS this season.

I think Michael Huff kind of showed you speed can't really cover deficiencies on the field.   Players nowadays just have has to have a lot things down in order to play up to par @ a passing league.

The reason Huff failed though was more so due to his lack of physicality. He had the speed but didn't really get after people. While Brooks may make mistakes due to being a rookie, he has the right mind set to go along with that speed. Also, I'd just worry about not having a safety that can really cover deep passes when going against the Steelers and Bengals twice a year, not to mention also facing the Saints and Colts this season. All of them will happily attack the safeties all game long if they think their receivers can get behind them.