Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hardbaugh

Feeling good about the Flacco/Kubiak relationship

94 posts in this topic

I just hope Dennison doesn't take off with Kubiak. Or if he does, we know what we're doing with these college coaches.

I don't think he will. First off i believe he's under contract next year, so the Ravens would first have to grant him permission to even talk to another team. He could demand out of his contract to follow Kubes but why burn a bridge?

Also remember he was up for a couple HC interviews a couple years ago so i don't think he's married to the Kubiak partnership. Honestly how i see this going is Kubes just falling in love with just needing being able to teach and coordinate again. When he spokeabout that after his hire you could see the joy. Perfect world he stays long term, but I'll give him two years before the HC calls get to loud. Then Dennison will take over in year 3 and that'll be the year Joe really starts to master this offense. Flacco will put up huge numbers, the offense will have great success and Dennison will be offered a HC job.

It's at that point that we'll allow one of our in house coaches to take over and basically just help put together a game plan and call plays, but it'll be Flacco's offense and catered mostly to what he wants just like every other top QB.

I don't think he will. First off i believe he's under contract next year, so the Ravens would first have to grant him permission to even talk to another team. He could demand out of his contract to follow Kubes but why burn a bridge?

Also remember he was up for a couple HC interviews a couple years ago so i don't think he's married to the Kubiak partnership. Honestly how i see this going is Kubes just falling in love with just needing being able to teach and coordinate again. When he spokeabout that after his hire you could see the joy. Perfect world he stays long term, but I'll give him two years before the HC calls get to loud. Then Dennison will take over in year 3 and that'll be the year Joe really starts to master this offense. Flacco will put up huge numbers, the offense will have great success and Dennison will be offered a HC job.

It's at that point that we'll allow one of our in house coaches to take over and basically just help put together a game plan and call plays, but it'll be Flacco's offense and catered mostly to what he wants just like every other top QB.

Boy, do I love the way this sounds!

i moved to Colorado in '98 so I watched Kubiak's O for the 2 seasons he got btb superbowls and maybe like 6 more seasons things I can say is any RB can do good in that system but i am looking for a leaner quicker Ray Rice to have a pro bowl type of season. I also think Flacco is a pretty good likeness to Elway in the aspects of arm strength, toughness, and deceptive athleticism, plus they are both cold blooded winners. This is the first time Kubiak has had a guy like that since Elway, so I think the O we are going to run is going to be very similar to that of the 98 and 99 broncos. so I'm watching old highlights and getting stoked

"In his 11 seasons with the team, the Broncos amassed 66,501 total yards and 465 touchdowns, the most in the NFL during that span. He coached 14 different Broncos that made the Pro Bowl, including running back Terrell Davis, who was named the NFL MVP in 1998."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbo_3s7cWfE

Fact is, Flacco has always been a serviceable QB but with a running game, he can be a monster in the passing game. Play actions were something he was able to use to his advantage with his big arm and having a solid line so that he can step into his throws makes him deadly to a DB core. If Kubiak can provide that run/pass balance to 2012 status or better, Ravens are gonna be top 12 offense by mid season, partially due to the defense providing great field position.