flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:12 PM

Well said, except for the "LT" part.

I take blame and credit for that. lol

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)

Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP

Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#202 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

And we picked up another RB today as well. Wonder if Lorenzo might have looked over his shoulder a bit and did some hard thinking lol

I think what harbaugh said earlier hit home w/ me.

http://www.nfl.com/n...avens-incidents

"..but at some point in time, you know..your mistakes begin impact us(team) in negative way.  And when the negativity overbalances your ability to help our football team, you're not going to be here anymore"

#203 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

It certainly is interesting, you can't say it is either at this point unless a video comes out on it. But he did pay for the window which certainly helps

A video won't come out from Williamsburg, so the thing to know is he got drunk and literally paid for what he did

#204 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

A video won't come out from Williamsburg, so the thing to know is he got drunk and literally paid for what he did

Yup, nothing else really to add to it. Have to see what he does in camp

In Ozzie We Trust

#205 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,722 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

No, it's not the end of the world... and Lorenzo didn't drink & drive, true.  But it wasn't LT "accidentally" pulling too hard on the mini-van window - the officer wrote that "Mr. Taliaferro grabbed the passenger window with both hands as the taxi pulled away."  It says that the Williamsburg Medics treated both hands for cuts and imbedded glass.  LT was also so drunk that he told the officer, "My girlfriend flew in from Myrtle Beach, VIRGINIA."

This doesn't necessarily show a disturbing trend on LT's part... but it wasn't an accidental or inadvertent mistake - he was drunk in public, "cursing and yelling," and intentionally broke the taxicab's window.

If I was trying to make an NFL squad, this is the LAST thing I'd be doing in public... especially in light of all the other "high-profile" events that his teammates have struggled with this offseason.  At the very least, it shows immaturity and bad judgment - let's hope it's a one-time mistake, and he learns a lesson.

I definitely agree with this.  I didn't realize he was treated for embedded glass either, that seems like something that could affect how he holds on to the ball during OTAs, and that's not good for someone trying to make a team either.  Consequences, consequences.

#206 mhead66

mhead66

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

Actually the police officer wrote that was the story that the cab driver wrote, if I remember correctly. He also wrote that Taliafero said he tried to stabilize himself and accidentally broke it. Let's get that straight. Just read the police report and it does in fact show both stories. It said the police officer was not waived over until after the glass was broken.

It's not entirely crazy to think that he was sloppy drunk, which he admitted to, and accidentally broke the window whole trying to gaingain stability. Maybe he grabbed it as he was stumbling and it appeared as if he was pulling. I don't know.

Wouldn't say it wasn't an accident, though

It IS possible he grabbed the window while stumbling... but I have a mini-van, and the window's aren't at all flimsy - it would take some effort to break the glass with your hands.

But yeah, he's young, and everyone deserves a 2nd chance... let's hope this is an aberration.

#207 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,859 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

It IS possible he grabbed the window while stumbling... but I have a mini-van, and the window's aren't at all flimsy - it would take some effort to break the glass with your hands.

But yeah, he's young, and everyone deserves a 2nd chance... let's hope this is an aberration.

Yeah, honestly, this is a really small story. I didn't see it in the Williamsburg news, which is REALLY saying something. Could be I just didn't look hard enough

#208 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:50 PM

I dont care who you are, you shouldnt treat windows that way.

I dont care of the window came at you first.

;)

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

You DO NOT know more than any coach in the NFL.  You simply do not.

#209 OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

Imagine Lorenzo could have been running with the 1's.
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

#210 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:10 AM

Imagine Lorenzo could have been running with the 1's.

instead he was running from the 5.0

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)

Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP

Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#211 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,722 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:34 AM

instead he was running from the 5.0

Also, he was running with the coach.

#212 Edgar

Edgar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

As a mom, I have raised a couple of kids myself, who are now 33 and 30, respectively....  This age group is a tough time for most.  The transition from kid to adult has to be the most difficult for both the kid and the parent.  (kid being the player, parent being the coaches and the team).  These guys are coming of age.  They still want to party, have fun, and aren't quite ready to settle down....  The NFL makes them do that, and it's not necessarily a bad thing.  These "kids" are in a situation where they have this enormous amount of talent, they have been "drafted" into a situation where they must shut it down, adhere to grown up rules, all the while with a crap ton of money that they cannot wait to get their hands on......  Sometimes it just takes a while.  Lorenzo will get it.....  Once he's at the Castle, he'll get it.

Have there been any other draft picks from around the league who have been arrested? You're probably right about him "getting it" but let's not act like getting arrested is a right of passage. 

#213 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,725 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

Have there been any other draft picks from around the league who have been arrested? You're probably right about him "getting it" but let's not act like getting arrested is a right of passage. 

You're right, not for everyone, that's true.  There's just that few of them, it's takes a little tough love or getting scared straight. 

117hd79.jpg

#214 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,889 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

Reviving this 2 month old beast to say that Taliaferro will not face charges, the prosecutors dropped the case

https://twitter.com/...858027292688384

Ravens running back Lorenzo Taliaferro's misdemeanor destruction of property, drunk in public case in Va. has been dropped by prosecutors

-------------------------------

Another case closed

a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#215 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,621 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

Glad to hear it. Never thought this was a big deal but I'm happy for it to be over.

#216 Inqui

Inqui

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,765 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

The only thing that surprises me is that it took them this long to drop the charges.

#217 5aiah

5aiah

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Glad this is over, I think Taliaferro is going to be a necessary part of our season. He really needs to be in tip top shape.

#218 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

My breath hitched, I thought he was arrested again lol

#219 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

Still do not like this kid. Anytime anyone starts off their career w/ a bad press like usually never pan out.

#220 5aiah

5aiah

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

Still do not like this kid. Anytime anyone starts off their career w/ a bad press like usually never pan out.

I don't like this either but I think we have huge problems if he doesn't perform well. I really miss having "THE" running back we knew would be good to go during the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users