Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ravensdfan

Taliaferro Arrested in VA. Update: Charges Dropped

220 posts in this topic

As a mom, I have raised a couple of kids myself, who are now 33 and 30, respectively....  This age group is a tough time for most.  The transition from kid to adult has to be the most difficult for both the kid and the parent.  (kid being the player, parent being the coaches and the team).  These guys are coming of age.  They still want to party, have fun, and aren't quite ready to settle down....  The NFL makes them do that, and it's not necessarily a bad thing.  These "kids" are in a situation where they have this enormous amount of talent, they have been "drafted" into a situation where they must shut it down, adhere to grown up rules, all the while with a crap ton of money that they cannot wait to get their hands on......  Sometimes it just takes a while.  Lorenzo will get it.....  Once he's at the Castle, he'll get it.

Have there been any other draft picks from around the league who have been arrested? You're probably right about him "getting it" but let's not act like getting arrested is a right of passage. 

Have there been any other draft picks from around the league who have been arrested? You're probably right about him "getting it" but let's not act like getting arrested is a right of passage. 

You're right, not for everyone, that's true.  There's just that few of them, it's takes a little tough love or getting scared straight. 

Reviving this 2 month old beast to say that Taliaferro will not face charges, the prosecutors dropped the case

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/494858027292688384

Ravens running back Lorenzo Taliaferro's misdemeanor destruction of property, drunk in public case in Va. has been dropped by prosecutors

-------------------------------

Another case closed

The only thing that surprises me is that it took them this long to drop the charges.

Glad this is over, I think Taliaferro is going to be a necessary part of our season. He really needs to be in tip top shape.

Still do not like this kid. Anytime anyone starts off their career w/ a bad press like usually never pan out.

I don't like this either but I think we have huge problems if he doesn't perform well. I really miss having "THE" running back we knew would be good to go during the season.