ravensdfan

Taliaferro Arrested in VA. Update: Charges Dropped

220 posts in this topic

Anyone ever been to Williamsburg? Not exactly party central lol

Bush Gardens.....

Nuff said.

Has Taliaferro  actually signed with us yet ?

It's a retirement community. However, of all the places to do something dumb, Richmond Road is the worst place to do something dumb

Pretty much a nonstory when you read the details. I'll defer to Mike Tyson, "We all do dumb [stuff] when we're [messed] up." By the standards of typical NFL players this man is a fine upstanding citizen.

I misspelled Busch.

I assumed it was Williamsburg VA. Home of Busch Gardens theme park.

This is the real issue.  It's never a good look to get arrested, but this was a very minor incident.  It just so happened to garner this much attention because of a terrible track record of arrests this offseason.

Like someone said earlier in the thread, we have more arrests this offseason than Rice had ypc.

How many get this opportunity? I think its an under reaction. I hope Harbs rips him a new one so he has to walk bow legged

He drank, he took a taxi home (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better than driving) and had an incident with a window. No-one got hurt, he paid for the damages and everyone should be able to move on from it. If I did that my friends would rip on me for months, but that would be the extent of it. It's not like someone's life was irrevocably impacted or the league got its name dragged through the mud over it.

Edited by Inqui

How many get this opportunity? I think its an under reaction. I hope Harbs rips him a new one so he has to walk bow legged

Did he stab the mayor? Did he do illegal drugs? He didn't harm anyone right?

No, he just accidentally broke a taxi cab mirror that he soon paid for. It was an accident. Simple as that. If anything, I'm proud of him for taking a taxi cab when he was drunk instead of being an idiot like most NFL guys. Yeah, I know I shouldn't be "proud" because he's supposed to be responsible, but hey it is really good that he was in a cab.

There are two sides to every story and he deserves an opportunity to explain his version of events. If this happens again just cut him.

There are two sides to every story and he deserves an opportunity to explain his version of events. If this happens again just cut him.

Personally I wouldn't even go that far, but that's just me. If he hurts someone, genuinely damages the brand of the league or the Ravens or it starts affecting him as a player (no-one seriously expects him to train on Sunday night, right??) then I think the team can start to weigh their options.

But until then:

128917274724764566.jpg

Oh a 22 year old got drunk and went overboard in a taxi?

While I think this a minor incident and commend him for at least taking a taxi, I really loathe the age argument. Is there a certain age where one acquires basic common sense? You know, the sense to know how much alcohol you can handle before you act like an idiot? 

You are no less an idiot for drinking too much and causing damage to someone else's property at 22 than at 30.

While I think this a minor incident and commend him for at least taking a taxi, I really loathe the age argument. Is there a certain age where one acquires basic common sense? You know, the sense to know how much alcohol you can handle before you act like an idiot?

You are no less an idiot for drinking too much and causing damage to someone else's property at 22 than at 30.

Seriously? I guess you never made any mistakes. It has nothing to with age and everything to do with being human.

That's my guess that it was partially rolled down.  Big strong dude grabs the window to support himself as he's a little tipsy, ends up ripping it out instead.  Not defending him necessarily but it sounds unintentional.  He wasn't driving and he was out drunk in a taxi.  I've done the same thing (minus ripping the glass off lol) and I do a lot less "risky" things than most people I know.

Either he grabbed it to keep himself from falling or he held the window while someone was attempting to close the door.

Funny how those kind of things didnt happen that much when Ray Lewis was still with the team.

That says a lot about leadership

dude has a powerfull grip lol.

well at least we got a  RB who can be an asset in pass protection using them powerfull hands.

So apparently being 22 means you have the inability to consider the consequences of your descisions.

Yes taking a cab was a GREAT idea, but prior to that getting drunk ( read loosing the ability to reason and self control ) not such a good idea.

He drank, he took a taxi home (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better than driving) and had an incident with a window. No-one got hurt, he paid for the damages and everyone should be able to move on from it. 

A rare voice of reason rather than the doom and gloom I'm reading otherwise. Doesn't sound like he punched out the window in a drunk rage ... windows do break at odd times lol. 

Okay seriously, we all know this is practically a non-story, judging by the information available to us.

The obvious question here is, what the hell is going on with this team, and what is the FO going to do about it?

Since it seems these guys can't hold their liquor and can't conduct themselves decently in public, I wonder if the team can impose restrictions, or even ban, alcohol usage.

It's pathetic to even have to suggest such a thing, these are grownass men, not teenagers; we shouldn't have to monitor them, but their behavior suggests maybe we should.

And the above is more a reaction to the other players who got in trouble this off-season, not LT (ha, there's a nickname for him....0 points for originality, but hey, power of suggestion..)

So apparently being 22 means you have the inability to consider the consequences of your descisions.

Yes taking a cab was a GREAT idea, but prior to that getting drunk ( read loosing the ability to reason and self control ) not such a good idea.

Not at all man.

However, let's be real, how many of us have ever gotten drunk? I can tell you that my early 20s....well, I don't remember much of it LOL. We have all went over the limit, and more than once (to the rare person who has not, I applaud you!)

He got drunk, but he did so responsibly...when I first saw the headline, my heart sunk. I thought he was in a drunk rage or something. But the big lug needs to learn not to grab freaking glass to maintain his balance when he gets plastered LOL. At least he didn't hurt himself, and he promptly paid restitution for the window he broke.

Bush Gardens.....

Nuff said.

Has Taliaferro  actually signed with us yet ?

Love that place. Was just there last weekend, wish their beers were cheaper. Don't have that Taliaferro money.

Your brain isn't fully developed til 25 and you cant legally drink til 21 so if he doesn't know his limits at 22 I think he should have a little bit of wigtle room with this argument. As someone else said we are all also human. You're never to old to make a mistake.

Has no one else here experienced the Herculean might of drunk strength?

Funny how those kind of things didnt happen that much when Ray Lewis was still with the team.

That says a lot about leadership

Says nothing about leadership.

Your brain isn't fully developed til 25 and you cant legally drink til 21 so if he doesn't know his limits at 22 I think he should have a little bit of wigtle room with this argument. As someone else said we are all also human. You're never to old to make a mistake.

Has no one else here experienced the Herculean might of drunk strength?

Beer muscles...I dunno about you, but when I drink, I have ZERO inclination to do any sort of physical activity more strenuous than walking or playing Madden or gran turismo