Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ravensdfan

Taliaferro Arrested in VA. Update: Charges Dropped

220 posts in this topic

What does "gripping" a window mean? Was it partially rolled down?

That's my guess that it was partially rolled down.  Big strong dude grabs the window to support himself as he's a little tipsy, ends up ripping it out instead.  Not defending him necessarily but it sounds unintentional.  He wasn't driving and he was out drunk in a taxi.  I've done the same thing (minus ripping the glass off lol) and I do a lot less "risky" things than most people I know.

Maybe the veteran in the position group can take him under his wing and show him how to act...

Oh wait

lmaoooo

Anyway, I'm not too bothered by this. He was getting out of a taxi, gripped the window hard enough to break it. Stupid getting arrested, but nothing I'm losing sleep over. I'm just sick of the "another Raven arrested" headline. And a recent draft pick, at that. Great way to start your career.

That's my guess that it was partially rolled down. Big strong dude grabs the window to support himself as he's a little tipsy, ends up ripping it out instead. Not defending him necessarily but it sounds unintentional. He wasn't driving and he was out drunk in a taxi. I've done the same thing (minus ripping the glass off lol) and I do a lot less "risky" things than most people I know.

This is what I got out of it. Based on the headlines I thought he punched a window or something.

I'm available for RB.  I showed good vision and hands out of the backfield in neighborhood pickup games back in the day.

I still show the necessary burst and ability to break tackles, including numerous arm tackles all at once. Looks like we'll be challengers...

Doesn't sound bad at all, and it's going to be way overinflated just because of the recent arrests. Doesn't matter what he got arrested for.

I'd hardly call him dumb because of the tendency to drink on Memorial Day weekend (my brothers did). He was actually not dumb, but quite smart to call a taxi. Sounds like he just gripped the window trying to get out, and trust me, he's not a small guy AT ALL. He's a big, big man, and the window likely couldn't support him. 

Sounds like it would be a non story any other year, but this year, fans and the media will explode just because of everything else that's swirling along.

Such a stupid kid

Young, drunk, and stupid. Such a nice combination.

I wouldn't call him stupid for wanting to take a taxi cab. 

I still show the necessary burst and ability to break tackles, including numerous arm tackles all at once. Looks like we'll be challengers...

I'm available for RB.  I showed good vision and hands out of the backfield in neighborhood pickup games back in the day.

That's very promising. Do you two drink on weekends or otherwise?

You're right. That part was actually quite smart. So drunk that you break a window and walk off...not so smart.

Public intoxication is still technically a crime.. Learn how to cut yourself off when you're out in public

But yea not a huge deal overall..

I'm actually underaged, but he and I send workout videos to each other in an attempt to scare each other off. I'm hoping my 400 lb bench press will get him this time.

You're right. That part was actually quite smart. So drunk that you break a window and walk off...not so smart.

How does one break a window when gripping it?  

Both are misdeamenors.  So it's not big big.  Just like Deonte got dismissed, so I don't count him.

Yeah, I'm kinda curious as to why he didn't go right home or right to a friends house, since he is from Yorktown, he couldn't have been more than 30 minutes from family. 

I'm a recluse.  You won't find me in trouble.

How does one break a window when gripping it?  

Both are misdeamenors.  So it's not big big.  Just like Deonte got dismissed, so I don't count him.

Likely the window was rolled down, he's drunk and off balance, so he grabs it and as he's stepping out, his weight is too much. 

These were two misdemeanor charges on a holiday weekend. Bad timing for the Ravens for sure, but as long as it is a learning experience for him, and I am sure it will be, and not a habit, he gets the benefit of the doubt for now.  Could breaking the window have been more of an accident than intentional act? Drunk in public can cover a wide range of behaviors.  He was in a group and not alone.  Was it a stupid move, yes!  But let's not overreact.  Let's wait for more facts to emerge, and not jump to conclusions.  Taliaferro's incident at least deserves to be examined on its own, rather to be lumped in with all the other offseason issues.  Yes, it is bad, and not what the organization currently needs, but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Doesn't sound bad at all, and it's going to be way overinflated just because of the recent arrests. Doesn't matter what he got arrested for.

I'd hardly call him dumb because of the tendency to drink on Memorial Day weekend (my brothers did). He was actually not dumb, but quite smart to call a taxi. Sounds like he just gripped the window trying to get out, and trust me, he's not a small guy AT ALL. He's a big, big man, and the window likely couldn't support him. 

Sounds like it would be a non story any other year, but this year, fans and the media will explode just because of everything else that's swirling along.

Agreed. On it's own it's nothing major. Unfortunately this has been a tumultuous offseason so he's gonna be lumped in with the more serious stuff. Even PFT's headline is "Another Ravens Running Back arrested."

Apparently, this is big enough news for ESPN to put it on their headlines. Not smart .. bur really ... a drunk in public charge for a team's 4th round pick - is that really worthy of headlines? 

Wonder what the next generation of athletes will have in store for us?

Can't wait

Apparently, this is big enough news for ESPN to put it on their headlines. Not smart .. bur really ... a drunk in public charge for a team's 4th round pick - is that really worthy of headlines?

Given everything else that's going on, probably

It's probably more a result of this being our 4th arrest this offseason rather than this specific arrest itself.

Not an ESPN fan.....  #1, they are not fans of the Ravens at all...  #2, their whole crew is comprised of drama guys/girls, and #3, business is slow right now.....  sooooooo...  let them have their fun.