50 replies to this topic

#1 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,798 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

If you could just pick one --ONE-- guy as the most exciting player ever, who would be your choice?

Many names come to mind, and strangely, nearly all of them are players from the past -- Eric Dickerson, Herschel Walker, Barry Sanders are the three RBs that first come to mind, Moss and Megatron are the first two WR, Steve Young and Randall Cunningham (seriously) are two QBs who were just a blast to watch....and on defense, LT, Reggie White, Deion, Ray, C-Mac and Ed Reed are at the very top of my list.
Devin Hester and Dante Hall were real treats as return men.

I can't make up my mind :(

Who are your favorites?
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#2 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:27 PM

Most exciting player... by your initial post, I'm assuming it can be old or current... Wow, so many to choose from...

...Currently, I'd go with Brees.  Sure, Brady and Manning are consider the top-2, but Brees is easily #3 and every week he just seems to get better and better.

...Old school, The GOAT, Jerry Rice. 'Nuff said.

Edited by CosmicRedPanda, 25 May 2014 - 10:27 PM.

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#3 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,798 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

Maybe we should do that....the most exciting current player, and most exciting player who is no longer active. That way we get to choose two names :)
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#4 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,444 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

Ed Reed.... Whenever he would get the ball in his hands, a wide range of emotions would instantly fill up my body.

Excitement,adrenalin,fear,anxiety.... Just happy chaos for those moments. He was just so damn dangerous.

I didn't have the privilege to watch Prime in his prime, or Barry Sanders, but I'd say Hester would be my #2. Most dangerous returner I've ever seen.

Like Ed, he demanded respect from his opponents because of his big play ability.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#5 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

Ed Reed.... Whenever he would get the ball in his hands, a wide range of emotions would instantly fill up my body.

Excitement,adrenalin,fear,anxiety.... Just happy chaos for those moments. He was just so damn dangerous.

I didn't have the privilege to watch Prime in his prime, or Barry Sanders, but I'd say Hester would be my #2. Most dangerous returner I've ever seen.

Like Ed, he demanded respect from his opponents because of his big play ability.

How many times have you caught yourself watching Ed Reed get a pick and start immediately shouting... "Don't lateral it! Don't lateral it!!"

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#6 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,444 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

Current player (not counting Reed) I'd say Rodgers and McCoy.

Watching Rodgers throw dimes on the run while facing pressure is just something special. McCoy might be the most elusive player in the league.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#7 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

Most exciting player... by your initial post, I'm assuming it can be old or current... Wow, so many to choose from...

...Currently, I'd go with Brees.  Sure, Brady and Manning are consider the top-2, but Brees is easily #3 and every week he just seems to get better and better.

...Old school, The GOAT, Jerry Rice. 'Nuff said.

Brees? Really? Mr. easy over the middle? Mister "throw it up for Jimmy Graham"? Mister "dumpoff and lead the league in yac".? Brees is still great, but the style of play is kinda routine for me. I like watching their offense, but Brees' involvement isn't the interesting part to me. They way they used Sproles, Bush, Graham (and now Cooks) is the highlight.

I think McCoy or Jamaal Charles would probably win my vote for last year.

#8 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,798 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:06 PM

Brees? Really? Mr. easy over the middle? Mister "throw it up for Jimmy Graham"? Mister "dumpoff and lead the league in yac".? Brees is still great, but the style of play is kinda routine for me. I like watching their offense, but Brees' involvement isn't the interesting part to me. They way they used Sproles, Bush, Graham (and now Cooks) is the highlight.

I think McCoy or Jamaal Charles would probably win my vote for last year.

If any coach would ever make the list, it would without a question be Sean Payton.

#9 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,798 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

C-Mac will always have a soft spot in my heart. Best pure cover corner in the game (unless he was facing Marvin Harrison ....ouch); was awesome watching him swat passes on one play, then seeing him layout a RB the next.
Ed Reed had possibly the most awe-inspiring play I have ever seen when he picked off McNabb and ran it back 108 yards. It looked like every player on the field was standing still when he blasted his way out of the end zone...I knew it was six before he even made it to our own 5

#10 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:16 PM

I'd say Cam Newton current and Barry Sanders past
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#11 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,462 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

Ed Reed to me was the most exciting player to watch!
Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

#12 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

Ed Reed or Barry Sanders. One on either side of the ball.

DON'T LATERAL!!!!!

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#13 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:58 PM

Neon Deion Sanders.
Then id go Sanders, Dickerson, then Taylor
Banned

#14 KDUBB44

KDUBB44

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:00 AM

Jamarcus Russell 

#15 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,321 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:19 AM

I like Cam Newton, just fun to watch him play. I always like watching Lynch however as well, he is a beast.

As for in the past, I can't say I have seen many guys live but from highlights Barry Sanders is my top guy. Honorable mention to Earl Campbell, I would have loved to had seen what he could have done had he stayed healthy.

In Ozzie We Trust

#16 BSHU_Miami

BSHU_Miami

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:41 AM

This isn't Close for me, Randy Moss....He was a man amongst boys, Bigger, quicker, leaping higher and running faster than everyone else. And With a soft pair of hands to boot. Sometimes he only needs 1 hand.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZLq3SWnhgUE

Edited by BSHU_Miami, 26 May 2014 - 04:34 AM.

#17 Bullrush

Bullrush

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:42 AM

Peterson. Hester. Moss. Vick. Chris Johnson (that one year I guess). Jamaal Charles (when healthy, which is rare). The ones I really watched play, I'm not gonna mention anybody I haven't seen on a week to week basis.

Shield on my arm
Sword in my right
Cape on my back
This is where we fight
Baltimore! We built for this!
- Terrell Suggs

#18 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:52 AM

I find the LFL players more exciting than anyone named here.

#19 ravensdan

ravensdan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:22 AM

Dan Marino
Barry sanders
Jacoby jones
Ed reed
Troy polamalu

Edited by ravensdan, 26 May 2014 - 02:23 AM.

2014 BR.COM Forum Franchise Draft

NY Giants

Round 1: Zack Martin(OT/G), Notre Dame  Round 2:  Demarcus Lawrence(DE), Boise St.  Round 4:  Preston Brown(LB), Louisville.  Round 4:  Devonta Freeman(RB), Florida St. Round 4:  Devin Street(Wr), Pitt.  Round 5:  Aaron Murray(QB) Georgia  Round 6:  Jalen Saunders(Wr), Oklahoma, Round 6:  Marcus Williams(CB), North Dakota State  UDFA:  Willie Snead(WR) Ball State, Alden Darby(S)Arizona state, Antonio Andrews(RB) WKU

#20 Tru11

Tru11

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:41 AM

C-Mac will always have a soft spot in my heart. Best pure cover corner in the game (unless he was facing Marvin Harrison ....ouch); was awesome watching him swat passes on one play, then seeing him layout a RB the next.
Ed Reed had possibly the most awe-inspiring play I have ever seen when he picked off McNabb and ran it back 108 yards. It looked like every player on the field was standing still when he blasted his way out of the end zone...I knew it was six before he even made it to our own 5

wasent mcnabb.

was kolb who just came in after mcnabb got benched lol.

Ed reed to me was the most fun defender to watch.

from tape barry sanders was fun to watch but being from europe i got into football late and on offense i have a soft spot for jamal lewis.

the way he ran the ball i loved alot.

hard and punishing and still has speed to take it all the way.

also im a huge micheal vick fan lol.

watching him play in his early days was epic :D

dancing around would be tacklers whahaha

honorable mention to sean taylor though.

Edited by Tru11, 26 May 2014 - 02:42 AM.

dq0w81.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users