arnie_uk

Announcement at 11 Est - M&T Bank and Ravens extend partnership through 2027

83 posts in this topic

Any ideas what it could be?

Player related? Staffing related? Ozzie retiring? Stadium announcement?

It's apparently not about the Ray Lewis statue.

Edited by arnie_uk

It would make me sad if Ozzie were to be retiring, but it would be understandable. Also, I was watching NFL Networks top 10 drafts ever, and apparently Ozzie picked Jonathan Ogden and Ray Lewis. He was the one making the picks from 1996 on, for what it's worth to all the haters. 

I think I saw that Matt Zenitz said it was business related with M&T Bank.

Stadium being renamed? I thought I heard somewhere recently that our contract with M&T is up soon. Maybe we have a new deal? With... Under Armour? I've heard it speculated

Stadium being renamed? I thought I heard somewhere recently that our contract with M&T is up soon. Maybe we have a new deal? With... Under Armour? I've heard it speculated

the under armour stadium?

I don't think M&T would be there if they were renaming the stadium.  It's a joint press conference between the two, so I assume it's either a sponsorship extension or stadium upgrades.

I don't think M&T would be there if they were renaming the stadium.  It's a joint press conference between the two, so I assume it's either a sponsorship extension or stadium upgrades.

Ah, didn't know M&T would be there. Sounds like an extension, then. Maybe upgrades, too. 

Probably completion of their stadium upgrades that they've been working on the last couple of years. I'm almost sure of it.

oLVhaofU_bigger.jpegBaltimore RavensVerified account

@Ravens

M&T Bank and the #Ravens will make a significant announcement at an 11 a.m. press conference at M&T Bank Stadium tomorrow.

edit - that is, of course, assuming it's NOT the Ray Lewis statue.

Edited by berad

Probably completion of their stadium upgrades that they've been working on the last couple of years. I'm almost sure of it.

oLVhaofU_bigger.jpegBaltimore RavensVerified account

@Ravens

M&T Bank and the #Ravens will make a significant announcement at an 11 a.m. press conference at M&T Bank Stadium tomorrow.

edit - that is, of course, assuming it's NOT the Ray Lewis statue.

Zenitz also confirmed that this press conference is NOT regarding the Ray Lewis statue, so it has to be stadium upgrades/extended partnership.

I'm guessing it's be about a new deal reached between the Ravens and M&T bank to keep it "M&T bank stadium". 

lol no they will stay retired

Then maybe they're going into the Ring of Honor? Hall of Fame? Or they are getting statues?!?!

Edited by CosmicRedPanda

Then maybe they're going into the Ring of Honor? Hall of Fame? Or they are getting statues?!?!

I have to say an Edgar, Allen, and Poe statue would be pretty epic. 

Hope it's not significant and something minor(player wise). Unless Ozzie found a way to get Megatron to play with us for free.

Probably a stadium thing

I hope the announcement is they're building a new stadium.Then there wouldn't be any more scheduling conflicts with the orioles and we could possibly host a superbowl here in Baltimore.I realise we're a small and cold east coast city,but Indianapolis hosted a superbowl so I don't think it should be out of the question for us to host one too.

I hope the announcement is they're building a new stadium.Then there wouldn't be any more scheduling conflicts with the orioles and we could possibly host a superbowl here in Baltimore.I realise we're a small and cold east coast city,but Indianapolis hosted a superbowl so I don't think it should be out of the question for us to host one too.

Difference being that Indy has a dome.

Our next stadium could be a dome too if they're planning to build a new one to bring a superbowl here.

Edited by HomeoftheBRAVENS

I'm hoping it's to announce the price of beer is decreasing

Haha +35

They wouldn't just call it "The House"?

I would be in favor of this

"Protect this house" would be a pretty beast crowd chant

Why not?

Because most Baltimore fans (myself included) pride themselves on being one of the teams tough enough to play well outside. Domes are for sissies. I think that's a fact, right?

Edited by The Raven

Because most Baltimore fans (myself included) pride themselves on being one of the teams tough enough to play well outside. Domes are for sissies. I think that's a fact, right?

Why would anyone want a new stadium or a dome? The Bank is a well designed stadium in a great location. Host a SB? Who gives a rat's butt.

Real football is played outdoors.

Our next stadium could be a dome too if they're planning to build a new one to bring a superbowl here.

We just spent millions in upgrades last year and we've always been a team that prides itself on playing in tough, cold conditions.  We aren't getting a new stadium, let alone a dome.

I would have been peeved if Indy had gotten the SB.  The owner goes out there gets a DUI, with possession???  They didn't deserve it... 

I wouldn't read into this.  It's probably "nothing" to us.  A community event as Mod 3 suggested, or something stadium related such as renaming, redesign, adding new seats to those 4 big holes, etc...

I would have been peeved if Indy had gotten the SB.  The owner goes out there gets a DUI, with possession???  They didn't deserve it... 

Seems they made the right choice overall, despite Minnesota being a frozen tundra at that time of year.  New Orleans is probably the best overall location out of the 3 choices, but they just had a SB recently and don't have the new stadium hype that Minnesota has.

Seems they made the right choice overall, despite Minnesota being a frozen tundra at that time of year.  New Orleans is probably the best overall location out of the 3 choices, but they just had a SB recently and don't have the new stadium hype that Minnesota has.

Minnesota has more reliable lighting too.

Too bad freaking New Orleans is underwater. It really is a fun place but they're in for a world of hurt in the coming years b/c of their elevation...or lack there of.

I think the announcement is that it has been determined that Arnie has the best avatar........ ever.

I think the announcement is that it has been determined that Arnie has the best avatar........ ever.

I hate Blake Bortles

I hate Blake Bortles

Don't be hatin'. Just because you don't have any cash it doesn't mean you can't window shop.

remove the rule of no smoking on the balconies. stop treating us like 2nd rate citizens, we are outdoors and far away enough from any seating or bathrooms, if someone walks within 10 feet of us and can smell it, that was their choice, they have walking room with plenty of distance.

Ozzie retiring would be news worthy. 

The other items are hardly worth the time of day.

Don't be getting us anticipating something significant and have it be mundane stadium stuff Ravens.

Oz has to retire sometime. Let it be so.

:18_1_328:

Any ideas what it could be?

Player related? Staffing related? Ozzie retiring? Stadium announcement?

It's apparently not about the Ray Lewis statue.

remove the rule of no smoking on the balconies. stop treating us like 2nd rate citizens, we are outdoors and far away enough from any seating or bathrooms, if someone walks within 10 feet of us and can smell it, that was their choice, they have walking room with plenty of distance.

Don't like smoking but I agree that's more than reasonable.  You're out of the way, I don't have to walk past the smell, and it's outdoors!  But they're not holding a conference for that...

Don't like smoking but I agree that's more than reasonable.  You're out of the way, I don't have to walk past the smell, and it's outdoors!  But they're not holding a conference for that...

yea i know, just wishful thinking lol. but yea I'm actually trying to quit, even if i was years removed from quitting, i would still be ok with like a red line 5 or 6 feet away from the guardrails designated for smoking

yea i know, just wishful thinking lol. but yea I'm actually trying to quit, even if i was years removed from quitting, i would still be ok with like a red line 5 or 6 feet away from the guardrails designated for smoking

I quit almost a year ago, actually, it will be a year in June. If your serious about quitting try one of those vape pens. Works wonders for me. Still get the nicotine, but none of the smoke. And it still kinda feels like a cig. If I was able to quit after smoking a pack a day for 14 years, it should work for most people. You actually have to want to quit though. I've made the mistake of trying when I didn't really want to. And always failed.

Sorry, don't mean to preach. And I agree though, the no smoking sections are ridiculous.

Edited by bMore Heathen

Hope it's not significant and something minor(player wise). Unless Ozzie found a way to get Megatron to play with us for free.

Probably a stadium thing

M & T Bank will pay Megatron's contract in which it won't count against our cap and we get him for free.

Your probably right, just something in regards to either an extension of the naming rights for like another 10 years or about the renovations to the stadium.

I quit almost a year ago, actually, it will be a year in June. If your serious about quitting try one of those vape pens. Works wonders for me. Still get the nicotine, but none of the smoke. And it still kinda feels like a cig. If I was able to quit after smoking a pack a day for 14 years, it should work for most people. You actually have to want to quit though. I've made the mistake of trying when I didn't really want to. And always failed.

Sorry, don't mean to preach. And I agree though, the no smoking sections are ridiculous.

i got a appendectomy and was unable to smoke for a few days starting last tuesday, and i just ran with it, haven't smoked since, but my gf came over for the weekend and has a vape, does absolutely nothing for me, id rather just keep the nicotine out of me than use one of those, idk why i just really despise those things lol

That would be my reason exactly.

Thanks for doing such a good job speaking on my behalf.

Lol. Sound upgrades to make the manure chants louder 

That would be pretty epic. Anything to eliminate Chris Colllinsworths' voice during a broadcast would also be nice. 

Edited by Cville-Raven