#1 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,551 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:44 AM

First, a disclaimer:

If you are one of the anti-Flacco guys, you may want to cover your ears for this one, it isn't going to be pretty (not for you, anyway :) )

For the rest of us, we are well aware of the many NFL records The Flacco holds, not to mention many other team records. To recap (copy and pasted from baltimorebeatdown):

First rookie quarterback to start all sixteen games and make the playoffs.

First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games
Most starts by a quarterback in first season: 19
Most starts by a quarterback in first two seasons: 37
Most starts by a quarterback in first three seasons: 55
Most starts by a quarterback in first four seasons: 73
Most starts by a quarterback in first five seasons: 93
Most wins by a quarterback in first 80 consecutive starts: 54
Most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)
Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons
Most road playoff wins by a quarterback: 6
Most touchdowns in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana and Kurt Warner)
Most touchdowns without an interception in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana)
First quarterback to have a passer rating over 100 in all four games of a single postseason.
Most consecutive playoff games with three passing touchdowns: 3 (tied with Bernie Kosar, Kurt Warner, and Aaron Rodgers)

Note that after only five years Flacco already has more road playoff wins than any other QB in the history of the NFL.

So what's the next record to shatter for our Super Bowl 47 MVP?

How about this one, a little known, but crucial record -- Peyton Manning currently holds the record for the most wins in a decade (115 wins during the 2000s, Tom Brady is second with 97, and Troy Aikman is third at 94)

Now, a pre-emptive note for you guys who are going to whine that it's a team sport, blah blah blah. Can it, because this isn't a debate about your opinion on that matter. Besides, it's not a coincidence that three HOF QBs are on top of that list.

Currently, The Flacco is sitting at 42 wins in the 2010s. He is just a hair under Manning's pace, but above Brady's; at his current clip, Flacco will finish the decade with 105 wins.

What say you, purple brethren? Will The Flacco add another notch to his NFL record belt, or will he fall short?

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#2 BSHU_Miami

BSHU_Miami

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:50 AM

Just keep him protected and he'll shatter most of those win records.

#3 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,551 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:01 AM

Just keep him protected and he'll shatter most of those win records.

He has proven one thing throughout his career, if nothing else --- he doesn't need D Thomas / Decker / Welker / J Thomas to throw the ball to. Just give him a pocket to pass from, and he is practically unstoppable. Hence why I will always hate that Gilmore pick in the 3rd when Yankey was still available. Assuming that both Gilmore and Yankey pan out, Yankey would have had a bigger impact on this team

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#4 harfordravenfan

harfordravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:35 AM

Nice topic & summary of flacco's achievements

I think he has a great chance of getting that record

#5 52liveforever

52liveforever

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

i for one am i strong flacco supporter. he will be one of those quarterbacks that gets better with age. the next 5 years of his career will be even better than his first 5. i never have quite understood all the flacco hate. i believe big things will come of joe and he will continue to get bashed for whatever reason no one likes him.

#6 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,180 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:56 AM

Couple great regular season records and he could break it
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#7 HoldingCall

HoldingCall

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

Flacco learned a lot from last season that will help make him a better QB in the future. I believe it forced him to see and perceive the field faster and once the OL is able to hold the rush his new perception will translate. I think year eight should find Joe at the top of his game.

However, If last season does not translate into faster reaction and better decision and accuracy then he will forever hover is the same area (not that it's bad) and we've seen him at his best.

#8 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:57 AM

First quarterback to have a passer rating over 100 in all four games of a single postseason.

How about this one, a little known, but crucial record -- Peyton Manning currently holds the record for the most wins in a decade (115 wins during the 2000s, Tom Brady is second with 97, and Troy Aikman is third at 94)

I wasn't even aware of that record. Did they talk about that at all? lol

Is this a combined games won? Post season & regular season? If so - should pass Brady no issues - we'll have to put together another 5 year run I think to pass Peyton.

Flacco learned a lot from last season that will help make him a better QB in the future. I believe it forced him to see and perceive the field faster and once the OL is able to hold the rush his new perception will translate. I think year eight should find Joe at the top of his game.

However, If last season does not translate into faster reaction and better decision and accuracy then he will forever hover is the same area (not that it's bad) and we've seen him at his best.

So what do you think about year 7?

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#9 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

Quarterbacks have gotten in the Hall of Fame with less credentials .... These accomplishments speak loudly to what Flacco has accomplished in this league. 

I truly believe the best is ahead for Flacco in this new offense with Kubiak. These is what we've been waiting for in an OC (at least I have) and I know for a fact that Kubiak can't wait to get to work with Big Joe Cool. 

#10 Jokerraven

Jokerraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:46 AM

I am stunned he has so many records. I am a fierce Flacco supporter and I bet this  will be his best year yet . I think Kubiak is going to push him to the next level and that's going to be very fun to watch. Last year was not his fault I think we won so many games because of Flacco last year he certainly didn't have any help .

#11 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:46 AM

If he didn't play so bad in the first half of the Colts game he could own the most 3 td games title. Didn't realize the 100 rating record and though I don't credit the wins on him some of those games we've lost as well weren't his fault either.

I don't see any reason why this record isn't broken besides injury.

#12 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,364 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:49 AM

Hard to believe we only won one superbowl since he's been. Stupid mistakes at crucial moments. I genuinely think we should have 3 at least in the past 6 yrs.

Just hope the window hasn't closed and that these past 3 4 drafts begin to pan out.

#13 beanfigger

beanfigger

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:08 AM

How many wins does Brady have in the 2010s? He probably won't play out the whole decade, so it doesn't matter much. I think Flacco has a good shot at it as long as the last two drafts turn out to be as good as I think they were. It would be nice to have the three rings (or more) by decade's end like Brady and Aikman.

#14 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,551 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:16 AM

For the record, I personally do not believe Flacco  will get this record. He will need to average over 12 wins a year to break the record, and our division is just too tough.

#15 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

For the record, I personally do not believe Flacco  will get this record. He will need to average over 12 wins a year to break the record, and our division is just too tough.

But, is it counting post season wins? That does make a difference.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#16 RaineV1

RaineV1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

It counts post season wins too, I think. So that could be what puts him over the top for wins.

#17 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,825 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

We'll see. Changing systems is a huge change for Joe, that could impact his numbers in a major way. Kubiak's playbook remains the most interesting addition to the team this year. I wonder how it will play out.

bJNF689.jpg

#18 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,135 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

I like the most wins in a decade. That would be cool.

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Go San Jose Sharks and Baltimore Orioles as well!!!

#19 beanfigger

beanfigger

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

How about he plays for us for like 15 more seasons and gets the most career wins ever?

#20 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

He can do it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users