flynismo

The Flacco's Next Record To Break

516 posts in this topic

First, a disclaimer:

If you are one of the anti-Flacco guys, you may want to cover your ears for this one, it isn't going to be pretty (not for you, anyway :) )

For the rest of us, we are well aware of the many NFL records The Flacco holds, not to mention many other team records. To recap (copy and pasted from baltimorebeatdown):

First rookie quarterback to start all sixteen games and make the playoffs.

First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games
Most starts by a quarterback in first season: 19
Most starts by a quarterback in first two seasons: 37
Most starts by a quarterback in first three seasons: 55
Most starts by a quarterback in first four seasons: 73
Most starts by a quarterback in first five seasons: 93
Most wins by a quarterback in first 80 consecutive starts: 54
Most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)
Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons
Most road playoff wins by a quarterback: 6
Most touchdowns in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana and Kurt Warner)
Most touchdowns without an interception in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana)
First quarterback to have a passer rating over 100 in all four games of a single postseason.
Most consecutive playoff games with three passing touchdowns: 3 (tied with Bernie Kosar, Kurt Warner, and Aaron Rodgers)

Note that after only five years Flacco already has more road playoff wins than any other QB in the history of the NFL.

So what's the next record to shatter for our Super Bowl 47 MVP?

How about this one, a little known, but crucial record -- Peyton Manning currently holds the record for the most wins in a decade (115 wins during the 2000s, Tom Brady is second with 97, and Troy Aikman is third at 94)

Now, a pre-emptive note for you guys who are going to whine that it's a team sport, blah blah blah. Can it, because this isn't a debate about your opinion on that matter. Besides, it's not a coincidence that three HOF QBs are on top of that list.

Currently, The Flacco is sitting at 42 wins in the 2010s. He is just a hair under Manning's pace, but above Brady's; at his current clip, Flacco will finish the decade with 105 wins.

What say you, purple brethren? Will The Flacco add another notch to his NFL record belt, or will he fall short?

Just keep him protected and he'll shatter most of those win records.

He has proven one thing throughout his career, if nothing else --- he doesn't need D Thomas / Decker / Welker / J Thomas to throw the ball to. Just give him a pocket to pass from, and he is practically unstoppable. Hence why I will always hate that Gilmore pick in the 3rd when Yankey was still available. Assuming that both Gilmore and Yankey pan out, Yankey would have had a bigger impact on this team

i for one am i strong flacco supporter. he will be one of those quarterbacks that gets better with age. the next 5 years of his career will be even better than his first 5. i never have quite understood all the flacco hate. i believe big things will come of joe and he will continue to get bashed for whatever reason no one likes him.

Flacco learned a lot from last season that will help make him a better QB in the future. I believe it forced him to see and perceive the field faster and once the OL is able to hold the rush his new perception will translate. I think year eight should find Joe at the top of his game.

However, If last season does not translate into faster reaction and better decision and accuracy then he will forever hover is the same area (not that it's bad) and we've seen him at his best.

First quarterback to have a passer rating over 100 in all four games of a single postseason.

How about this one, a little known, but crucial record -- Peyton Manning currently holds the record for the most wins in a decade (115 wins during the 2000s, Tom Brady is second with 97, and Troy Aikman is third at 94)

I wasn't even aware of that record. Did they talk about that at all? lol

Is this a combined games won? Post season & regular season? If so - should pass Brady no issues - we'll have to put together another 5 year run I think to pass Peyton.

Flacco learned a lot from last season that will help make him a better QB in the future. I believe it forced him to see and perceive the field faster and once the OL is able to hold the rush his new perception will translate. I think year eight should find Joe at the top of his game.

However, If last season does not translate into faster reaction and better decision and accuracy then he will forever hover is the same area (not that it's bad) and we've seen him at his best.

So what do you think about year 7?

Quarterbacks have gotten in the Hall of Fame with less credentials .... These accomplishments speak loudly to what Flacco has accomplished in this league. 

I truly believe the best is ahead for Flacco in this new offense with Kubiak. These is what we've been waiting for in an OC (at least I have) and I know for a fact that Kubiak can't wait to get to work with Big Joe Cool. 

I am stunned he has so many records. I am a fierce Flacco supporter and I bet this  will be his best year yet . I think Kubiak is going to push him to the next level and that's going to be very fun to watch. Last year was not his fault I think we won so many games because of Flacco last year he certainly didn't have any help .

If he didn't play so bad in the first half of the Colts game he could own the most 3 td games title. Didn't realize the 100 rating record and though I don't credit the wins on him some of those games we've lost as well weren't his fault either.

I don't see any reason why this record isn't broken besides injury.

Hard to believe we only won one superbowl since he's been. Stupid mistakes at crucial moments. I genuinely think we should have 3 at least in the past 6 yrs.

Just hope the window hasn't closed and that these past 3 4 drafts begin to pan out.

How many wins does Brady have in the 2010s? He probably won't play out the whole decade, so it doesn't matter much. I think Flacco has a good shot at it as long as the last two drafts turn out to be as good as I think they were. It would be nice to have the three rings (or more) by decade's end like Brady and Aikman.

For the record, I personally do not believe Flacco  will get this record. He will need to average over 12 wins a year to break the record, and our division is just too tough.

For the record, I personally do not believe Flacco  will get this record. He will need to average over 12 wins a year to break the record, and our division is just too tough.

But, is it counting post season wins? That does make a difference.

It counts post season wins too, I think. So that could be what puts him over the top for wins.

We'll see. Changing systems is a huge change for Joe, that could impact his numbers in a major way. Kubiak's playbook remains the most interesting addition to the team this year. I wonder how it will play out.

Tyrod would have had twice that....

Seriously though. Thats the kind of thing you want to print out and keep in your pocket for the haters.

(Cause no way can I remember all that )

Tyrod would have had twice that....

Seriously though. Thats the kind of thing you want to print out and keep in your pocket for the haters.

(Cause no way can I remember all that )

If Troy Smith never had tonsillitis...

The Joe Montana stats are the only ones that hold water (as wins aren't a QB stat) but thats good enough for me, that postseason was magic.

I hope Joe stays healthy, so he can continue building the most impressive record of all - started every game from day one of his career. Currently 8th on the all time list (regular season) behind:

1] Brett Favre - 297 reg. season, 24 playoff, 321 total starts between 1992-2010

2] Peyton Manning - 208/19/227, 1998-2011

3] Eli Manning - 151/11/162, 2004-active

4] Phillip Rivers - 128/9/137, 2006-active

5] Ron Jaworski - 116/7/123, 1977-1984

6] Tom Brady - 111/17/128, 2001-2008

7] Joe Ferguson - 107/3/110, 1977-1984

8] Joe Flacco - 96/13/109, 2008-active

If Joe has another 16 starts season, he will surpass Brady on the 6th spot this year. Very impressive is his playoff appearance record, only Brady has a better ratio.

I hope Joe stays healthy, so he can continue building the most impressive record of all - started every game from day one of his career. Currently 8th on the all time list (regular season) behind:

1] Brett Favre - 297 reg. season, 24 playoff, 321 total starts between 1992-2010

2] Peyton Manning - 208/19/227, 1998-2011

3] Eli Manning - 151/11/162, 2004-active

4] Phillip Rivers - 128/9/137, 2006-active

5] Ron Jaworski - 116/7/123, 1977-1984

6] Tom Brady - 111/17/128, 2001-2008

7] Joe Ferguson - 107/3/110, 1977-1984

8] Joe Flacco - 96/13/109, 2008-active

If Joe has another 16 starts season, he will surpass Brady on the 6th spot this year. Very impressive is his playoff appearance record, only Brady has a better ratio.

He'll need a couple playoff wins after the regular season to move to sixth if my math is correct (currently 19 behind Brady). Oh never mind, the ranks are due to regular season only.

It's crazy to think he has started every game his whole career for six straight seasons, and that is second place, but not even half of Peyton's 14 seasons of consecutive starts to begin his career. And 321 total for Favre... That is a record that will probably never be touched.

He'll need a couple playoff wins after the regular season to move to sixth if my math is correct (currently 19 behind Brady). Oh never mind, the ranks are due to regular season only.

It's crazy to think he has started every game his whole career for six straight seasons, and that is second place, but not even half of Peyton's 14 seasons of consecutive starts to begin his career. And 321 total for Favre... That is a record that will probably never be touched.

Yep, Favre's record is insane. Brady has another streak going since 2009 - 80/9/89. This gives him total 26 playoff games in 12 seasons. Impressive.

Yeah that Favre record is unreal. will be a long time before that is challenged.

Durability is a very underappreciated quality

I want to see Joe make it to the ProBowl...that could be the final piece to him actually getting some respect from non Ravens fans. Seeing guys like Andy Dalton, Matt Cassel Matt Schaub, and Alex Smith make the pro bowl over the years disgusts me...Flacco can definitely make one, hopefully its this year. 

He has proven one thing throughout his career, if nothing else --- he doesn't need D Thomas / Decker / Welker / J Thomas to throw the ball to. Just give him a pocket to pass from, and he is practically unstoppable. Hence why I will always hate that Gilmore pick in the 3rd when Yankey was still available. Assuming that both Gilmore and Yankey pan out, Yankey would have had a bigger impact on this team

I understand your disappointment of not drafting a player you had your sights set high on, but Yankey wasn't the better player at that point, and certainly wouldn't have had nearly the impact Crocket Gilmore is expected too have in his 1st year. Gilmore will contribute right away and be more of a factor in the running game than Yankey ever would have. He's a key player that will have a very important role in Gary Kubiak's 2 tight-end set offense. I know Yankey is your guy, and everyone's allowed to have their one man-crush per year (i've cashed mine in on Lebron 3 years in a row now), but Yankey has serious flaws in his game that are hard to overlook and maybe a little unrecognizable to a biased eye....there's a reason why we passed on him twice in the 3rd and both times in the 4th - and mind you O-line was a pressing need this year. I know this may not be what you want to hear, but we already have a guy on our roster by the name of Ryan Jensen that's....brace yourself (and my apologies ahead of time) better than David Yankey :(

You've got to let this one go Flynismo. If you truly love David Yankey you'll set him free...

Edited by 0_o

I want to see him break most passes completed without an interception streak.

Up until last year, he had the fourth lowest int ratio in the history of football, so if he returns to that for the rest of his career, he could end up with one of the lowest ever.

First, a disclaimer:

If you are one of the anti-Flacco guys, you may want to cover your ears for this one, it isn't going to be pretty (not for you, anyway :) )

For the rest of us, we are well aware of the many NFL records The Flacco holds, not to mention many other team records. To recap (copy and pasted from baltimorebeatdown):

First rookie quarterback to start all sixteen games and make the playoffs.

First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games

Most starts by a quarterback in first season: 19

Most starts by a quarterback in first two seasons: 37

Most starts by a quarterback in first three seasons: 55

Most starts by a quarterback in first four seasons: 73

Most starts by a quarterback in first five seasons: 93

Most wins by a quarterback in first 80 consecutive starts: 54

Most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)

Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons

Most road playoff wins by a quarterback: 6

Most touchdowns in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana and Kurt Warner)

Most touchdowns without an interception in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana)

Most consecutive playoff games with three passing touchdowns: 3 (tied with Bernie Kosar, Kurt Warner, and Aaron Rodgers)

Note that after only five years Flacco already has more road playoff wins than any other QB in the history of the NFL.

So what's the next record to shatter for our Super Bowl 47 MVP?

Now, a pre-emptive note for you guys who are going to whine that it's a team sport, blah blah blah. Can it, because this isn't a debate about your opinion on that matter. Besides, it's not a coincidence that three HOF QBs are on top of that list.

Currently, The Flacco is sitting at 42 wins in the 2010s. He is just a hair under Manning's pace, but above Brady's; at his current clip, Flacco will finish the decade with 105 wins.

What say you, purple brethren? Will The Flacco add another notch to his NFL record belt, or will he fall short?

If we get a decent o-line and a run game to be able to run the Play Action, Flacco will excel.

I think Flacco could have a huge year this year. best receiving corp he has ever had in experienced Pitta, Daniels, Steve, experienced torrey, breakout Marlon, and Rice back to his slim playing weight

Ok, so im a huge flacco supporter.  One thing i cant say is that he is responsible for wins soley in his first couple years, but technically it doesnt matter consider he gets the stat line.   But nothing can be taken away from his amazing post season run in our superbowl year.  i do agree this is the year that he could set records in yards and tds as long as someone stays healthy.  I made a bet last year he was going to throw 30tds and 4k yards...before we traded boldin and pitta got hurt.  If our offense stays healthy and he has prortection, ill eat crow if he doesnt perform because we gave him the tools he needs, that cant be denied.

Ok, so im a huge flacco supporter. One thing i cant say is that he is responsible for wins soley in his first couple years, but technically it doesnt matter consider he gets the stat line. But nothing can be taken away from his amazing post season run in our superbowl year. i do agree this is the year that he could set records in yards and tds as long as someone stays healthy. I made a bet last year he was going to throw 30tds and 4k yards...before we traded boldin and pitta got hurt. If our offense stays healthy and he has prortection, ill eat crow if he doesnt perform because we gave him the tools he needs, that cant be denied.

Oh, but quite a few think and will say we didnt give him any tools, nor did we make any moves for the offense/Joe this offseason. So, it will be denied.

Oh, but quite a few think and will say we didnt give him any tools, nor did we make any moves for the offense/Joe this offseason. So, it will be denied.

Those ain't gonna mean a damn thing if we don't give him protection... 

Do we have a complete offensive line(sees no starting RT). 

Nope, we don't. I like Hust, thought he was a day 2 pick. But again, rookie. 

Wagner might suck. 

And this draft gave us no offensive depth whatsoever. 

SO, I expect Flacco to be bad, and I feel sorry for him, considering he's gonna get a crapload of backlash. 

Rage aside, the offense's starting lineup isn't too bad. Smith Sr, and Torrey should be a good duo. Pitta and Daniels likewise. But if one, ONE of our WRs goes down. We are SCREWED. 

Wagner might suck. 

SO, I expect Flacco to be bad, and I feel sorry for him, considering he's gonna get a crapload of backlash. 

Rage aside, the offense's starting lineup isn't too bad. Smith Sr, and Torrey should be a good duo. Pitta and Daniels likewise. But if one, ONE of our WRs goes down. We are SCREWED. 

Disagree.  Marlon stepped up when he had too, i think another could do the same.  Wr is honestly one of the positions im nto worried at all about.   OL yes. 

Disagree.  Marlon stepped up when he had too, i think another could do the same.  Wr is honestly one of the positions im nto worried at all about.   OL yes. 

Marlon isn't a number one, hell not even a #2. He's a #3. He could progress, but I doubt it. Our depth is freaking terrible, and we didn't draft a future developmental player to be a #1 WR in the deepest WR draft in recent memory. IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF. 

IDK. I like Marlon, but he's not as good as we cut him out to be. 

Wagner might suck.

Everyone keeps crying about if one of our wrs goes down we're screwed. Fun fact, not many teams can survive without 1 of their starting wrs. It's funny to me though how Torrey is constantly under scrutiny on this site, but the truth is, if he goes down, we're screwed as you said. We could lose JJ, Marlon or Steve for a little bit, but if he goes down that messes up our entire offense.

Marlon isn't a number one, hell not even a #2. He's a #3. He could progress, but I doubt it. Our depth is freaking terrible, and we didn't draft a future developmental player to be a #1 WR in the deepest WR draft in recent memory. IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF. 

IDK. I like Marlon, but he's not as good as we cut him out to be. 

Man, i highly disagree.  Compared to some teams our WRs are stacked.  Agreed, we do not have a megatron, aj green, dez type player but most teams dont.  I share your frustration on not grabbing a wr earlier, was screaming to even take cooks when he was still there.  But with Pitta back this year and a new OC who i really like, i think our offense looks a hell of a lot better...if....and if,,,,we protect Joe. 

im a fan of joe he knows how to win games, he dont have the stats like matt ryan or tony romo but how many times they even been in a playoffs ? i think joe will have a break out year stats wise. matt shaub was even a pro bowler under gary k.

This is the most amazing thing to me.  With all of the playoff runs Bradshaw, Aikman, and Montana had?  Apparently they had home field advantage quite often.

I'm not one of those people, but I can see where they are coming from. We are relying very heavily on a 35 year old WR who is clearly over the hill, an unknown at RT, a 31 year old TE (coming off a major injury) and a cast-off from TB's OL. It's not like we brought in premier talent.

I'm not one of those people, but I can see where they are coming from. We are relying very heavily on a 35 year old WR who is clearly over the hill, an unknown at RT, a 31 year old TE (coming off a major injury) and a cast-off from TB's OL. It's not like we brought in premier talent.

dont forget the undrafted rookie a year removed from an acl injury. Too many ifs and buts to be considered a great receiving core for me.

Also the running back situation is completely questionable. Pierce is currently injured, again, rice me be banned. All we have is a fourth round rookie and a average at best vet.

Combine that with an average centre, granted is a upgrade, probably a huge one of gino , no clear right tackle, and two guards that were injured last year. One elite guard injured enough he had probably the worst year of his career and the other required back surgery.

How the hell can anyone say we are putting this offense in the best situation to succeed. Imo of they hit average , around 15 to 18 ranked, they've massively overachieved.

lets just hope the o-line doesent get  him killed.

another season like last season and all bets are off....

lets just hope the o-line doesent get  him killed.

another season like last season and all bets are off....

My biggest concern there is that we still have Castillo. Say what you want but we had basically (minus Birk) the same OL that played well enough for Flacco to have that record tying post season run & SB victory. The only difference was Castillo. It wasn't just worse - it was horrid. And he's still here. Do we really believe, as important as the position is, that Gino was the root cause for that?

No injuries and everyone comes back from injury good to go - and we'll be alright. For about a year. Then what? Or we get an injury. Then what? At some point we have to stop patching up the offense with old glue and actually build it.

My biggest concern there is that we still have Castillo. Say what you want but we had basically (minus Birk) the same OL that played well enough for Flacco to have that record tying post season run & SB victory. The only difference was Castillo. It wasn't just worse - it was horrid. And he's still here. Do we really believe, as important as the position is, that Gino was the root cause for that?

No injuries and everyone comes back from injury good to go - and we'll be alright. For about a year. Then what? Or we get an injury. Then what? At some point we have to stop patching up the offense with old glue and actually build it.

well watch out cause people rather blame gino , oher and mckinnie but yeah castillo came in and changed stuff and well we ended up with what we saw last year.

good thing is that kubiak seem to have gotten alot of power so lets hope things go well.

well watch out cause people rather blame gino , oher and mckinnie

I can't imagine why.....

Apparently the FO blames them as well, considering two of those guys are no longer on the team, and the third is no longer the starter, and may also find himself gone before its all said and done

Hard to believe we only won one superbowl since he's been. Stupid mistakes at crucial moments. I genuinely think we should have 3 at least in the past 6 yrs.

Just hope the window hasn't closed and that these past 3 4 drafts begin to pan out.

The Ravens could have legitimately won 3 SBs straight if a couple of breaks had gone differently. I'm not sure many of those faults are on Joe though.

You are right though, with all the money tied up in Flacco these past couple of drafts really have to pan out. I'm still a bit salty at the lack of emphasis put on the offensive side of the ball. Does it mean that Ozzie and Co. think the defense has to win championships with Flacco being more of a manager or that Flacco and the offense can be good enough without elite playmakers? Interesting question IMO.