44 replies to this topic

#1 Kev0825

Kev0825

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

The news that was posted with highlights of our draft picks only showed one play of Crockett Gillmore. Here is a video that shows off his catching and blocking ability.

53768b58edf81.image.jpg

Edited by Kev0825, 17 May 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#2 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:04 PM

Outside of blocking he'll have to make his money winning jumpballs, he doesn't look like he'll be stretching defenses.

Edited by BloodRaven, 17 May 2014 - 10:05 PM.

#3 BSHU_Miami

BSHU_Miami

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:12 PM

Well he's better than Ed Dickson. I can tell you that.

#4 Inqui

Inqui

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

As a receiver I think he'll be making his money as a solid chain mover and RZ/contested catch guy. He's also a candidate for the biggest popularity growth among the fans imo.

That said, I'm not sure I like how similar to Tandon Doss he looks in that photo...

Proud Jerry Jones equivalent of The Rains of Castamere

#5 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,543 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:29 AM

This is probably going to be the shortest highlight video ever. LOL

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#6 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

Guy has good potential with that big frame ... Pitta and Daniels are the best thing for him to develop at a comfortable pace. 

#7 Ngata Chance

Ngata Chance

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

We've already got 2 TE's that can catch but "need to work on their blocking" so having this guy is a nice change of pace.  I love this pick.  

"Flacco got a hug from owner Bisciotti after game.. Flacco told him: “that felt good.. That was big”

That seems like it was worded wrong...

#8 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,543 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:37 AM

Well he's better than Ed Dickson. I can tell you that.

So am I. Jury is still out on my 7 year old boy

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#9 bravensfan52

bravensfan52

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

Looks a lot like Heap 

Live life like 52 plays- Bravensfan52

#10 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,543 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

This honestly didn't do anything to convince me he was a better choice than many other guys out there in the 3rd. Nothing impressive at all, and this is supposed to be a highlight reel...and by the way, I can honestly say that this was the first time I saw a failed attempt at a one hand catch as a highlight :D

#11 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

I'm sure our front office has more than 2 minutes of Crockett on film.

#12 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Outside of blocking he'll have to make his money winning jumpballs, he doesn't look like he'll be stretching defenses.

We got Pitta (as a TE) and torrey for that. 

Owner/GM/Coach of the Shaolin Cuban Lynx

Diggs (Quandre) and Diggs(Stefon) 2015!

#13 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

This honestly didn't do anything to convince me he was a better choice than many other guys out there in the 3rd. Nothing impressive at all, and this is supposed to be a highlight reel...and by the way, I can honestly say that this was the first time I saw a failed attempt at a one hand catch as a highlight :D

Honestly, I would have seen liked Jaylen Watkins, but whatever. Gilmore looks to be a good player.

Edited by ravensnick, 18 May 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#14 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

all i know is that 80% of this draft will be irrelevent ( like 90% of all drafts )

so with that being said. 

I dont see anything special about crockett gilmore. I also think a project like urban is likely to fail as well. People need to understand, most of these players will be busts. 

There is a better chance of an UDFA making it big then having 3 or 4 picks ina  draft that end up being starters and pretty good.

#15 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

all i know is that 80% of this draft will be irrelevent ( like 90% of all drafts )

so with that being said. 

I dont see anything special about crockett gilmore. I also think a project like urban is likely to fail as well. People need to understand, most of these players will be busts. 

There is a better chance of an UDFA making it big then having 3 or 4 picks ina  draft that end up being starters and pretty good.

Bust is a relative term. It's hard to say a late 4th rounder is a "bust", because honestly, he shouldn't have huge expectation. I'd reserve that word for 1st and 2nd rounders. Just because a 4th rounder doesn't play like a 1st/2nd rounder, doesn't make them a bust.

Edited by ravensnick, 18 May 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#16 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

so with that being said. 

Think Urban cracks it.  It's easier to find a role on the Dline than it is most positions.  Doesn't mean its necessarily easier to excel, but if guys like DeAngelo Tyson and Terrance Cody stick around for 3 years then I don't see how Urban doesn't.  Especially with his size and build.  He's not a soft guy.

#17 Miami Hurricane

Miami Hurricane

Category 5

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

Think Urban cracks it. It's easier to find a role on the Dline than it is most positions. Doesn't mean its necessarily easier to excel, but if guys like DeAngelo Tyson and Terrance Cody stick around for 3 years then I don't see how Urban doesn't. Especially with his size and build. He's not a soft guy.

To be fair, Tyson has been pretty solid. Cody, not so much.
"It was cool."- Joe Flacco"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the SOB?' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."- Brian BillickOwner of Thomas Nast's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen who Enjoy Sailboats and Luther Vandross in the 2013 BR.com Franchise Mock<p>

#18 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:50 PM

It seems like our franchise has found it's formula for TE's, they are going for hands over athleticism. or mabye I'm over analyzing. 

1Untitled_zps8afd95ac.pngbench_zps0a7ce32d.jpg

#19 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:09 PM

To be fair, Tyson has been pretty solid. Cody, not so much.

Kind of my point though.  Its easier to be "solid" on the Dline and be kept around more so than any other position.

It seems like our franchise has found it's formula for TE's, they are going for hands over athleticism. or mabye I'm over analyzing. 

Kind of have to.  We rarely throw the ball over 30 times a game as it is, so TEs and WRs can't afford to drop balls.

#20 Kev0825

Kev0825

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

I'm sure our front office has more than 2 minutes of Crockett on film.

But I don't....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users