Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kev0825

The REAL Crockett Gilmore highlights

45 posts in this topic

The news that was posted with highlights of our draft picks only showed one play of Crockett Gillmore. Here is a video that shows off his catching and blocking ability.

53768b58edf81.image.jpg

Outside of blocking he'll have to make his money winning jumpballs, he doesn't look like he'll be stretching defenses.

As a receiver I think he'll be making his money as a solid chain mover and RZ/contested catch guy. He's also a candidate for the biggest popularity growth among the fans imo.

That said, I'm not sure I like how similar to Tandon Doss he looks in that photo...

Guy has good potential with that big frame ... Pitta and Daniels are the best thing for him to develop at a comfortable pace. 

We've already got 2 TE's that can catch but "need to work on their blocking" so having this guy is a nice change of pace.  I love this pick.  

Well he's better than Ed Dickson. I can tell you that.

So am I. Jury is still out on my 7 year old boy

This honestly didn't do anything to convince me he was a better choice than many other guys out there in the 3rd. Nothing impressive at all, and this is supposed to be a highlight reel...and by the way, I can honestly say that this was the first time I saw a failed attempt at a one hand catch as a highlight :D

Outside of blocking he'll have to make his money winning jumpballs, he doesn't look like he'll be stretching defenses.

We got Pitta (as a TE) and torrey for that. 

This honestly didn't do anything to convince me he was a better choice than many other guys out there in the 3rd. Nothing impressive at all, and this is supposed to be a highlight reel...and by the way, I can honestly say that this was the first time I saw a failed attempt at a one hand catch as a highlight :D

Honestly, I would have seen liked Jaylen Watkins, but whatever. Gilmore looks to be a good player.

all i know is that 80% of this draft will be irrelevent ( like 90% of all drafts )

so with that being said. 

I dont see anything special about crockett gilmore. I also think a project like urban is likely to fail as well. People need to understand, most of these players will be busts. 

There is a better chance of an UDFA making it big then having 3 or 4 picks ina  draft that end up being starters and pretty good.

all i know is that 80% of this draft will be irrelevent ( like 90% of all drafts )

so with that being said. 

I dont see anything special about crockett gilmore. I also think a project like urban is likely to fail as well. People need to understand, most of these players will be busts. 

There is a better chance of an UDFA making it big then having 3 or 4 picks ina  draft that end up being starters and pretty good.

Bust is a relative term. It's hard to say a late 4th rounder is a "bust", because honestly, he shouldn't have huge expectation. I'd reserve that word for 1st and 2nd rounders. Just because a 4th rounder doesn't play like a 1st/2nd rounder, doesn't make them a bust.

so with that being said. 

Think Urban cracks it.  It's easier to find a role on the Dline than it is most positions.  Doesn't mean its necessarily easier to excel, but if guys like DeAngelo Tyson and Terrance Cody stick around for 3 years then I don't see how Urban doesn't.  Especially with his size and build.  He's not a soft guy.

Think Urban cracks it. It's easier to find a role on the Dline than it is most positions. Doesn't mean its necessarily easier to excel, but if guys like DeAngelo Tyson and Terrance Cody stick around for 3 years then I don't see how Urban doesn't. Especially with his size and build. He's not a soft guy.

To be fair, Tyson has been pretty solid. Cody, not so much.

It seems like our franchise has found it's formula for TE's, they are going for hands over athleticism. or mabye I'm over analyzing. 

To be fair, Tyson has been pretty solid. Cody, not so much.

Kind of my point though.  Its easier to be "solid" on the Dline and be kept around more so than any other position.

It seems like our franchise has found it's formula for TE's, they are going for hands over athleticism. or mabye I'm over analyzing. 

Kind of have to.  We rarely throw the ball over 30 times a game as it is, so TEs and WRs can't afford to drop balls.

After dickson, its seems we have.

Reading rookie practice story on BR app

"Crockett didn't drop a pass all day"

Have a feeling we'll be hearing that a lot

Reading rookie practice story on BR app

"Crockett didn't drop a pass all day"

Have a feeling we'll be hearing that a lot

Let's hope. He doesn't need to be Superman, just be reliable

Let's hope. He doesn't need to be Superman, just be reliable

I'll take reliable and clutch pass catchers over Allstars any day!

Think Urban cracks it.  It's easier to find a role on the Dline than it is most positions.  Doesn't mean its necessarily easier to excel, but if guys like DeAngelo Tyson and Terrance Cody stick around for 3 years then I don't see how Urban doesn't.  Especially with his size and build.  He's not a soft guy.

Are you saying in general or is this just about the Ravens? I look at Jeh Reid on offense and wonder the same thing as you do about Cody and Tyson. I think Tyson deserves to be here.

At 6'6 he should be able to accomplish that.

At 6'6 he should be able to accomplish that.

We said that about Clarence Moore and James Hardy too lol