72 replies to this topic

#1 Inqui

Inqui

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

Now that we've had a few days to process the Ravens draft class, I thought it would be fun to make some predictions for how they fare and maybe dig it up at the end of the season.

We tend to ease our rookies in more than most, and we haven't addressed too many immediate needs this time (it's an underrated needs-based draft, but I think Ozzie had an eye on the future). So with that in mind, here are my picks for the 2014-15 season:

CJ Mosley. Doesn't beat out Arthur Brown for the starting ILB role and spends most of his rookie season on special teams (first bold prediction I guess). Gets a good chunk of snaps as a rotational guy and in our 4-3 packages. I'll give him an interception and two sacks.

Timmy Jernigan. Very much a futures pick imo. Pending injury, he makes his money this season as a solid rotational guy whose best work is allowing Haloti to look better. Maybe 10-15 tackles for loss and a couple of sacks.

Terrence Brooks. Starts off as a ST guy, but wins the starting FS spot by week eight. Doesn't get more than two or three interceptions, but makes his money as a fast closer on the ball that prevents big plays (or at least prevents plays from getting bigger) and tips a few passes. And as I've said elsewhere, allows Elam to break out.

Crockett Gillmore. This guy's hard to get a read on because there's so little tape out there. I think he starts off as a STer (especially as a blocker for the punt and kick teams) and spends a fair bit of time on the bench. When he gets used, I think he proves a solid receiver who grabs 150 yards and a touchdown or two.

Brent Urban. Gets next to no time on the field in his rookie year. I like his potential, but I think we have to wait to see what he does for us.

Lorenzo Taliaferro. God knows what this guy does for us. It all depends on Rice's suspension status and Pierce's injury status. I think he cements himself as our RB3 (over Forsett. Brave call I know). Assuming Rice is out for three or four weeks, I'll be happy enough with 400 rushing yards, 100 passing yards and three TDs.

John Urschel. Bold prediction time. I think he stuns everyone by lighting it up in the preseason and the camps and wins the starting LG role, pushing KO to starting RT.

Keith Wenning. I like his potential as a game-managing backup QB, but he spends the season at #3 on the QB chart. Hopefully we don't get to see what he can do for a while yet.

Michael Campanaro. Makes the squad, and sees most of his time spelling Jacoby as a punt returner. Thankfully we don't have to use Lardarius Webb as a punt returner anymore. He works his way into the WR rotation as a younger Stokley and grabs about 100 yards, a decent amount of which for first downs.

James Hurst. Makes the 53-man squad and provides solid cover.

All in all, a solid if unspectacular year from this year's rookie class that still leaves a lot to be excited about going forwards. I'll give Urschel our OROY (Crockett if my bold prediction doesn't happen) and Brooks our DROY.

Thoughts? What are your own picks?

Proud Jerry Jones equivalent of The Rains of Castamere

#2 juanman7

juanman7

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

People are severely underrating CJ Mosley on this forum. He was picked 17th overall for a reason. He is being compared to Lavante David and some even say he has a little Luke Kuechly in him. I think the fans owe him a little more respect than he is getting although he is probably very much looking forward to proving everyone wrong come the preseason and week 1. Timmy Jernigan was meant to be a first rounder and will also look to prove everyone wrong. Terrence Brooks will start week 1 and have 5 interceptions. Crockett Gilmore, from the recent research I've made will make an impact in the passing game as well as solidifying the team's blocking. He will have 400 receiving yards in Kubiak's tight end friendly offense (with dennis pitta finally reaching the 800+ yard threshold). Lorenzo Taliafero will be the number 2 while Rice is suspended and number 3 when he comes back but will have a seson reminiscent to Pierce's rookie season, turning heads and finishing the season with a bright future ahead. Michael Campanaro will have 300 yards mostly as a chain mover. Your Urschel prediction is bold but would be awesome. And Urban I seriously have no idea.

#3 Inqui

Inqui

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,432 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

People are severely underrating CJ Mosley on this forum. He was picked 17th overall for a reason. He is being compared to Lavante David and some even say he has a little Luke Kuechly in him. I think the fans owe him a little more respect than he is getting although he is probably very much looking forward to proving everyone wrong come the preseason and week 1. Timmy Jernigan was meant to be a first rounder and will also look to prove everyone wrong. Terrence Brooks will start week 1 and have 5 interceptions. Crockett Gilmore, from the recent research I've made will make an impact in the passing game as well as solidifying the team's blocking. He will have 400 receiving yards in Kubiak's tight end friendly offense (with dennis pitta finally reaching the 800+ yard threshold). Lorenzo Taliafero will be the number 2 while Rice is suspended and number 3 when he comes back but will have a seson reminiscent to Pierce's rookie season, turning heads and finishing the season with a bright future ahead. Michael Campanaro will have 300 yards mostly as a chain mover. Your Urschel prediction is bold but would be awesome. And Urban I seriously have no idea.

Long-term I agree with a lot of what you're saying about Mosley and Jernigan. But for CJ's rookie year he'll have to compete with Brown for the starting job, with the "loser" getting rotated in whenever they can and likely being a ST gun. Frankly I think either could win out, but I'm going with Brown for this season.

Jernigan I feel was taken with a mind towards Haloti and Canty leaving over the next couple of seasons, and I think his rookie year will be designed towards making that transition as smooth as possible.

The other points are really the extent of how we see the other guys' roles, so obviously I agree for the most part.

Proud Jerry Jones equivalent of The Rains of Castamere

#4 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

I don't think this class makes much of an impact the first year overall. My guess is Mosley will make an impact on limited snaps, Jernigan will start by the end of the year, Brooks will start but not play a full compliment of snaps, nobody else sees significant time (except for a suprise UDFA).

In two years, Mosley, Jernigan, Brooks, Urban, and Urshel could be full-time starters though, with Mosley making a case for Ravens defensive MVP.

Also, Wenning replaces Flacco in preseason (Joe gets a toothache and has a dentist appointment during preseason game 3) and people will still say "But Joe won a Super Bowl MVP!" as inane justification to start him every time Wenning has an off game.

#5 AwakenTheDemon

AwakenTheDemon

Redwood Original

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

I disagree with a few of your predictions.

The team is VERY high on Mosley. Honestly, unless Brown turned a huge corner, I see no way Mosley isn't starting next to Smith come week one. Brown is definitely very much in the teams future plans, but Mosley is the present and future.

I also don't see Jernigan strictly being a rotational player this season. Canty will no doubt have one starting end spot, but I think the other will be between Jernigan, Lewis-Moore, and Tyson. Lewis-Moore had his "redshirt" year last season, and Tyson's been great in the time he had, but I had this feeling that Jernigan is going to get the initial look and should get the starting nod.

While I highly disagree with Brooks not starting a game until midway, I think you're on the money when it comes to how many picks he gets. In camp, I think it'll be between Brooks and Stewart on who gets the starting gig, but Brooks should win. Stewart would be a solid back up, but Brooks just has the talent and upside that he should get the nod as a rookie. I know some people are turned off by starting a rookie and a second year player at safety, but it's not like we have any real veterans at the safety position.

Gillmore will get some play time this year, Kubiak loves tight ends, and Gillmore is a good blocker, so you'll definitely see him when we need additional blocking. And if, god forbid, Daniels misses a game or two due to injury, Gillmore could see some time running routes.

Urban should get a little play time in the rotation, especially if Lewis-Moore isn't up to snuff coming off that ACL injury he had his final season. I don't see him getting huge play time, but he'll get his chances no doubt.

I agree completely on Taliaferro. When it comes to him, it hinges on Rice's potential suspension and how Pierce bounces back from his surgery. Should Rice miss time, I think it very well could turn into a three headed commitee between Pierce/Forsett/Taliaferro if Pierce struggles. If Pierce doesn't struggle and looks more like his rookie year, I like Taliaferro's touches will be quite low.

Urschel should make the squad, but I don't think he'll be starting. He'll be an essential do it all interior linesman though, backing up both guard positions and center, but Kelechi is much better at guard. John will no doubt be a very valuable depth player this season and in the future though.

Wenning will for sure sit at #3 on the chart this year, so I'm with you there. I think next season he'll be our back up through, with Tyrod off to another team.

Receiver is wide open, but I think Campanaro will make the squad for sure, but sit behind the Smiths, Jones, and Brown. I see him in front of Mellette and Thompson (if they all make the squad). This guy is the slot receiver of the future, for sure, though.

If you want my bold prediction, James Hurst makes the team and is our starting right tackle day one. This guy is a mauler, and is the UDFA I've been most excited for in ages.

Here we go:

Mosley: 95 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 INT

Jernigan: 25 tackles, 10 for a loss, 3 Sacks

Brooks: 60 tackles, 4 INTs

Gillmore: 15 Catches, 170 Yards, 2 TDs (I'm being somewhat generous here, I feel)

Urban: 10 tackles, 1 Sack

Taliaferro: 250 Yards Rushing, 1 TD

Urschel: Sees playtime at G and C, but not starting.

Wenning: No significant playtime

Campanaro: 10 Catches, 120 Yards

Hurst: Starts all 16 Games at RT

Edited by AwakenTheDemon, 14 May 2014 - 10:34 PM.

50fe85a6-806d-4819-bc60-ed0fdf32f1af.jpg

GamerTag: AwakenTheDemon | PSN: OldLostAgony | Twitter

#6 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:33 PM

Mosley- Starts next to Daryl and they prove to be a really nice tandem. Brown finds his way on the field for enough snaps

Jernigan- gets some experience in our nickel scheme and some playing time at DE. Solid year for him but the potential is there in the future as the talent at the position will limit his production early

Brooks- said this one quite a bit, gets eased into the lineup and by the end of the season is playing a good chunk of defensive snaps. Allows Elam to do his thing near the los

Urban- not much production this year but he earns some playing time and is mainly kept on as developmental depth

Taliaferro- earns the #3 RB role, carves out a solid spot on special teams and has some nice early production while Rice is out. Future is looking bright with him

Urschel- provides good depth, doesn't play much but is good to have on the roster as he develops a bit more

Wenning- gets the #3 QB role and we keep him on to develop for when Tyrod goes in FA

Campanaro- carves out a good punt returning role providing depth there, gets on the field for a bit and gets some production but not too much. Shows potential for more in the future

In Ozzie We Trust

#7 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

i didn't like the mosley pick at first either, mostly because i was still bitter about OBJ being gone so early and the fact that both safeties were on the board still, but after pulling brooks in the 3rd round, it all fell into place that he truly was the BPA.

cj mosley will beat out arthur brown for the starting job, and i think he does it with relative ease, and this is coming from a huge arthur brown fan. also think mosley gets serious consideration for DROY.

you say jernigan makes ngata look better, i say the exact opposite, ngata has lost a step, still has power, but lacks the explosiveness, he will still take up his space, and it will create opportunities for jernigan, assuming we use him the right way. if we switch to a primary 4-3 or find a way to incorporate a 1gap 3-4 scheme, jernigan will be a dominant 3 down lineman, but this is all a big IF considering his conditioning concerns and being a slightly odd player in our scheme.

brooks probably takes the starting job pretty easily, unless we sign a veteran, which i think oz will surprise everyone and end up doing, because harbs will probably be banging on ozzies door yelling "we don't start rookies!!" and if we do sign a veteran FS i think brooks gets zero consideration from harbs for the entire rookie season, and next year he will give us the whole schpiel about how he performed well on ST and earned his job

crockett… lol

talliaferro, i have no idea, i haven't looked at anything of his, i just hear he's a powerful 3 down type of back as he has soft hands and is a decent blocker, maybe balls out in preseason and takes over for ray while he's suspended and we move to a 3rb rotation later on

urschel will provide solid depth, possible replacement for yanda down the road as his body doesn't seem to be holding up too well, i think he's a bit of a gem.

urban, no idea, potential, but i won't even try to make a prediction on the guy, i can't find reliable tape on him

campanaro will be our punt returner, jacoby stays at KR, camp gets rotational snaps on offense, not many, unless he finds a little niche on the team, which i think is very possible, the kid was a steal in the 7th and has talent.

#8 allblackraven

allblackraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:51 AM

CJ Mosely - beats Brown for a starting job. Has huge production and is in the picture for defensive rookie of the year.

Jernigan - starts as a rotational guy but makes his way onto starting roster at the expense of Canty.

Brooks - beats Stewart in camp and preseason and is a day 1 starter. Plays strong but has a bit of a mid season slump, after which he becomes star of the Ravens D, making ints and breaking passes

Gilmore - limited time on passing snaps but presence in our running game. At least one pancake block.

Urban - ST only, needs to build more muscle to get into DE rotation.

Urschel - mostly bench as a G backup but works hard learning C postion.

Campanaro - at some point gets a chance returning punts. Very limited receiving snaps.

Taliaferro - not sure whether he beats Forsett for No 3 job.

Wenning - gets preseason snaps but that's it. Tyrod stays No 2

Hurst - starts as RT from day 1

Seamster - makes the roster via ST, gets limited number of snaps off the bench.

#9 RaineV1

RaineV1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:49 AM

Mosley: Has a good chance at starting but I don't think he's a day one starter. He'll be eased into it. On the bright side, come playoff time, he'll be fresher than most linebackers.

Jernigan: Solid rotational guy in the beginning. Will probably be a starter next season.

Brooks: Day one starter. His cover skills and range just far outclass Stewart, who's better as a SS.

Gilmore: Will primarily be a blocking TE in the beginning and will occasionally pull in a pass off the play action. But he'll get far more opportunities next season after Owen Daniels is gone.

Urban: Doesn't get many snaps in the first season unless he really steps up during the preseason. He's a developmental guy.

Urschel : Only plays if KO, Yanda, or Zuttah get hurt. However, he will likely be a future starter somewhere on the line a couple seasons from now.

Campanaro: Starts as the punt returner, which will keep him around long enough to see if he can become a top tier slot receiver in the future. Though on offense, he'll only see the field if one of the top four receivers gets hurt or if the top guys are being rested.

Taliaferro: Good all around back. I think he'll get some snaps if nothing else than for his pass blocking ability. And if Rice is suspended, he'll get his chance to show he belongs.

Wenning: Bold prediction, he beats Tyrod for the back job by playing better in the preseason.

Hurst: Could be a day one starter. The competition between him and Wagner should be good.

Seamster: Primarily a special teams guy. However if the Ravens coaches can get his full potential out of him, he could become the nickleback of the future.

#10 RavensDE

RavensDE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:18 AM

Mosley - Starts at ILB2, plays on ST and if D.Smith misses a game due to injury Mosley will be our starter forever more...

Jernigan - He joins the rotations at DE/DT and plays in most games but doesn't dress for some.  He will contribute, and an injury in the rotation pushes him to a more substantial role.  He could also overtake a few guys and move pretty high on the rotation but I've never seen him play aside from highlights so thats more of a hope than prediction.

Brooks - We bring in a solid vet to start at FS but Brooks sees a good bit snaps until he takes over the position a third to halfway through the season.

Gillmore - He begins the year on the team but doesn't dress as he picks up the system and we use a T for jumbo packages but as he develops becomes a solid contributor on ST and in 3TE sets.  We have Juice to act as an emergency TE so he won't have to be dressed for every game until he is ready.

Urban - Urban gets most his time in preseason.  We IR stash him for a year of seasoning.

Taliaferro - Sees extensive use in preseason.  Beats out Forsett for the #3RB and gets significant snaps while Rice is out.  He will play a productive role and will see more and more of the field over time.  This is a pick for Kubiak and Kubiak has quite the history with guys like him. 

Urshel - He gets IR stashed or PSquaded.  He needs seasoning and we have a great multitude of depth at inside oline positions.  A few ahead of him will be cut but after the starters there is Gino, Shipley, Jensen, Reid, and I feel like I'm missing someone.  He could impress at camp but he doesn't seem ready.

Wenning - Makes the team but never dresses.  A developmental guy pure and simple.  Taylor would really have to poop the bed to come up short on QB2.

Campanaro - I'd like to predict a superb camp and him squeezing into the real WR rotation but despite my hopes and dreams we have quite a few players that are better and more ready than him right now.  He is on that line between last rosters spots and IR/PSquad development.  I guess I'll come off the fence and say he takes the last WR spot and pushes out Thompson.

#11 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:22 AM

Mosley: Will Start. Will show why he is potentialy DROTY

Jernigan: Will do better than Brandon Williams. Will do well vs run but on pass rush plays, unless something changes in his game I cant see him on 3rd and longs.

Brooks: The Boom or Bust. NO idea. Could be the best of the lot or the most dissapointing.If he puts on some more muscle and improves his catching skills, he could be a great pick

GIlmore: Billy Bajema like season

Urban: Will not see the field much if at all

Tailiaferro: Not much influence if any

Wenning: Will be number 2

Urschel: Wont play much

Campanaro: Punt Returner and if one of Jones/smith injured or out of form will work his way into more snaps and will show he was an absolute steal in the 7th round. I actualy have a lot of confidence in him.

#12 Drew P

Drew P

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

Now that we've had a few days to process the Ravens draft class, I thought it would be fun to make some predictions for how they fare and maybe dig it up at the end of the season.

We tend to ease our rookies in more than most, and we haven't addressed too many immediate needs this time (it's an underrated needs-based draft, but I think Ozzie had an eye on the future). So with that in mind, here are my picks for the 2014-15 season:

CJ Mosley. Doesn't beat out Arthur Brown for the starting ILB role and spends most of his rookie season on special teams (first bold prediction I guess). Gets a good chunk of snaps as a rotational guy and in our 4-3 packages. I'll give him an interception and two sacks.

Timmy Jernigan. Very much a futures pick imo. Pending injury, he makes his money this season as a solid rotational guy whose best work is allowing Haloti to look better. Maybe 10-15 tackles for loss and a couple of sacks.

Terrence Brooks. Starts off as a ST guy, but wins the starting FS spot by week eight. Doesn't get more than two or three interceptions, but makes his money as a fast closer on the ball that prevents big plays (or at least prevents plays from getting bigger) and tips a few passes. And as I've said elsewhere, allows Elam to break out.

Crockett Gillmore. This guy's hard to get a read on because there's so little tape out there. I think he starts off as a STer (especially as a blocker for the punt and kick teams) and spends a fair bit of time on the bench. When he gets used, I think he proves a solid receiver who grabs 150 yards and a touchdown or two.

Brent Urban. Gets next to no time on the field in his rookie year. I like his potential, but I think we have to wait to see what he does for us.

Lorenzo Taliaferro. God knows what this guy does for us. It all depends on Rice's suspension status and Pierce's injury status. I think he cements himself as our RB3 (over Forsett. Brave call I know). Assuming Rice is out for three or four weeks, I'll be happy enough with 400 rushing yards, 100 passing yards and three TDs.

John Urschel. Bold prediction time. I think he stuns everyone by lighting it up in the preseason and the camps and wins the starting LG role, pushing KO to starting RT.

Keith Wenning. I like his potential as a game-managing backup QB, but he spends the season at #3 on the QB chart. Hopefully we don't get to see what he can do for a while yet.

Michael Campanaro. Makes the squad, and sees most of his time spelling Jacoby as a punt returner. Thankfully we don't have to use Lardarius Webb as a punt returner anymore. He works his way into the WR rotation as a younger Stokley and grabs about 100 yards, a decent amount of which for first downs.

James Hurst. Makes the 53-man squad and provides solid cover.

All in all, a solid if unspectacular year from this year's rookie class that still leaves a lot to be excited about going forwards. I'll give Urschel our OROY (Crockett if my bold prediction doesn't happen) and Brooks our DROY.

Thoughts? What are your own picks?

They didnt draft Mosely in the first to be a cheerleader, he starts day one, Brown sits and plays on third downs. Hurst is the RT unless they sign Winston. KO is no RT he doesnt have the quick first step. Urschel is insurance and occupies Reids or Shipleys final roster slot for the oline. I think they trot Gilmore out there early and often because of his natural pass catching abilities.

#13 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,553 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

I disagree with a few of your predictions.

The team is VERY high on Mosley. Honestly, unless Brown turned a huge corner, I see no way Mosley isn't starting next to Smith come week one. Brown is definitely very much in the teams future plans, but Mosley is the present and future.

I also don't see Jernigan strictly being a rotational player this season. Canty will no doubt have one starting end spot, but I think the other will be between Jernigan, Lewis-Moore, and Tyson. Lewis-Moore had his "redshirt" year last season, and Tyson's been great in the time he had, but I had this feeling that Jernigan is going to get the initial look and should get the starting nod.

While I highly disagree with Brooks not starting a game until midway, I think you're on the money when it comes to how many picks he gets. In camp, I think it'll be between Brooks and Stewart on who gets the starting gig, but Brooks should win. Stewart would be a solid back up, but Brooks just has the talent and upside that he should get the nod as a rookie. I know some people are turned off by starting a rookie and a second year player at safety, but it's not like we have any real veterans at the safety position.

Gillmore will get some play time this year, Kubiak loves tight ends, and Gillmore is a good blocker, so you'll definitely see him when we need additional blocking. And if, god forbid, Daniels misses a game or two due to injury, Gillmore could see some time running routes.

Urban should get a little play time in the rotation, especially if Lewis-Moore isn't up to snuff coming off that ACL injury he had his final season. I don't see him getting huge play time, but he'll get his chances no doubt.

I agree completely on Taliaferro. When it comes to him, it hinges on Rice's potential suspension and how Pierce bounces back from his surgery. Should Rice miss time, I think it very well could turn into a three headed commitee between Pierce/Forsett/Taliaferro if Pierce struggles. If Pierce doesn't struggle and looks more like his rookie year, I like Taliaferro's touches will be quite low.

Urschel should make the squad, but I don't think he'll be starting. He'll be an essential do it all interior linesman though, backing up both guard positions and center, but Kelechi is much better at guard. John will no doubt be a very valuable depth player this season and in the future though.

Wenning will for sure sit at #3 on the chart this year, so I'm with you there. I think next season he'll be our back up through, with Tyrod off to another team.

Receiver is wide open, but I think Campanaro will make the squad for sure, but sit behind the Smiths, Jones, and Brown. I see him in front of Mellette and Thompson (if they all make the squad). This guy is the slot receiver of the future, for sure, though.

If you want my bold prediction, James Hurst makes the team and is our starting right tackle day one. This guy is a mauler, and is the UDFA I've been most excited for in ages.

Here we go:

Mosley: 95 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 INT

Jernigan: 25 tackles, 10 for a loss, 3 Sacks

Brooks: 60 tackles, 4 INTs

Gillmore: 15 Catches, 170 Yards, 2 TDs (I'm being somewhat generous here, I feel)

Urban: 10 tackles, 1 Sack

Taliaferro: 250 Yards Rushing, 1 TD

Urschel: Sees playtime at G and C, but not starting.

Wenning: No significant playtime

Campanaro: 10 Catches, 120 Yards

Hurst: Starts all 16 Games at RT

Yeah man, the team is putting a lot on Mosley's shoulders, talking about how they are going to lean on him to rejuvenate our defense back into an elite unit. Any talks about competition at ILB is likely lip service....Mosley will start from day one.

And he will do exactly what the FO is expecting of him. This guy is the real deal, and I will even go so far as to say we have a rookie Pro Bowler in Mosely.

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#14 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,553 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

Jernigan will probably see plenty of playing time as well this season. I think he will have a couple rough games, but also a few dominant games. By the end of the season, we'll see exactly why he is viewed as a steal in the mid 2nd.

Brooks should start right away, don't expect the second coming of Ed Reed, but I think he'll be a decent starter as a rookie. Has upside for the long term.

Taliaferro will probably see a handful of snaps each week.

Urschel is the real sleeper on offense. If Wagner struggles, I see Urschel starting at LG and KO moving over to RT.

The rest of the rookie class will either be cut, on the bench or STers.

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#15 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,659 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

Mosley: Earns starting job with good performance in preseason, has great rookie year cleaning up next to Daryl Smith

Jernigan: Rotates in at NT/DT along with Brandon Williams and others

Brooks: Day 1 starter, starts slow but steadily improves as season progresses

Gillmore: Occasional blocker and special teamer, maybe gets a few red zone looks here and there

Urban: Rotates in at DE occasionally

Taliaferro: Hard to say, depends on Rice's status for the season. May see mostly ST duty, may see some actual playing time on offense

Urschel: Depends on how o-line shakes out, likely backup for most of season

Wenning: Holds clipboard, may see time week 17 (hopefully)

Campanaro: Has productive preseason, gets some snaps in the slot during regular season and a few big plays

Edited by Free Agent, 15 May 2014 - 09:19 AM.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#16 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:22 AM

....The rest of the rookie class will either be cut, on the bench or STers.

Oh man, if you know anything about Ozzie and the draft, they don't cut draft picks. The exception being Marc Anthony #247.

#17 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,553 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

Oh man, if you know anything about Ozzie and the draft, they don't cut draft picks. The exception being Marc Anthony #247.

Generally, they dont cut them immediately; they do it the following season...more or less the same thing to me

#18 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

Generally, they dont cut them immediately; they do it the following season...more or less the same thing to me

Here's a site I like, player retention rate by team, fyi

http://www.drafttek....RE#.U3TwX_8U9bY

Edited by Bruce_Almty, 15 May 2014 - 11:55 AM.

#19 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,553 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

I'm not surprised we are 2nd in the NFL, what is a shocker to me is who is ahead of us. You'd think it is an indication of drafting well, but in ATL's case, it means they hang on to a lot of scrubs lol

#20 allblackraven

allblackraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

Interesting. I wonder whether that rating mostly represents how good our scouting/drafting is or how patient we are with player development?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users