Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mahatma_Sloth

Take A Chance on Blackmon?

43 posts in this topic

Justin blackmon has a ton of talent but keeps screwing up! he has been suspended for substance abuse(twice) and his things were removed from his locker by the Jags.  A bunch of you were not happy with this years draft because "we didn't grab Joe any weapons", Would you pull the trigger on this move? We could probably get him for cheap considering the circumstance. The real question is; Does he act out because of the culture that surrounds him or is he just another Rolando?

Justin blackmon has a ton of talent but keeps screwing up! he has been suspended for substance abuse(twice) and his things were removed from his locker by the Jags. A bunch of you were not happy with this years draft because "we didn't grab Joe any weapons", Would you pull the trigger on this move? We could probably get him for cheap considering the circumstance. The real question is; Does he act out because of the culture that surrounds him or is he just another Rolando?

Seeing how he could be suspended for all of 2014, I don't think it's very likely. It's tough to say how the league will act. He was suspended indefiantly by the league in November, so it's unclear weather or not the league sees that as enough punishment for his second substance violation. Not to mention his numerous DWIs. If it just came down to him the player it would be one thing, but that's not the case unfortunately.

We have a very well rounded WR corps, the problem is it's not top heavy. A WR like Blackmon would be big, but only for the right price, chances are he's another knucklehead that will cause headaches.

he will be a great pick up but i doubt we will. He wont get release and wont play football this year

Justin blackmon has a ton of talent but keeps screwing up! he has been suspended for substance abuse(twice) and his things were removed from his locker by the Jags.  A bunch of you were not happy with this years draft because "we didn't grab Joe any weapons", Would you pull the trigger on this move? We could probably get him for cheap considering the circumstance. The real question is; Does he act out because of the culture that surrounds him or is he just another Rolando?

If they cut him I'd be all for giving him a tryout.  No question he's shown the talent.

Seeing how he could be suspended for all of 2014, I don't think it's very likely. It's tough to say how the league will act. He was suspended indefiantly by the league in November, so it's unclear weather or not the league sees that as enough punishment for his second substance violation. Not to mention his numerous DWIs. If it just came down to him the player it would be one thing, but that's not the case unfortunately.

but if we could get him in the same situation as Rolando where it is no detriment to us if he f$ up again, we just wipe our hands of him. I'm just sayin, if(and i know it's a huge if) he could turn it around the value at what we would get him at would be insane

He's a good kid, he just tried his luck once too many times. Perhaps now he'll put the blunt down and leave it till after his career is over, if it isn't already.

I think he has serious issues. I'd give him a non-guarantee contract though. Yes young and talented and we need the WR help.

I can't see Ozzie taking this guy. He keeps stacking red flags and the no non-sense NFL is having none of it. B/c of all his talent, Blackmon keeps blowing his multiple 2nd chances.

Dez Bryant is an FA in 2015. Just sayin.

Don't have the money for a long term deal. Don't want him.

Considering we dealt with a player for worse. I'd give him a chance

I'd be open to the idea.  I'm not sold though.  Blackmon certainly has his demons.  There's no denying that.  However, he's at least proven that he's talented on the field when he's actually allowed to be on there.  If you can take a chance on straightening him out with little financial impact, you certainly have to consider it.  He's young, talented, and has the #1 WR potential we're still missing.

I may be willing to risk bringing him in. He'd be great for our offense, as he's shown during his 2 seasons in Jacksonville that he has plenty of talent.The biggest question of course is whether or not we can straighten him out.

I may be willing to risk bringing him in. He'd be great for our offense, as he's shown during his 2 seasons in Jacksonville that he has plenty of talent.The biggest question of course is whether or not we can straighten him out.

Drugs are easier to fix than a diva issue. And to be fair, he does play in Jacksonville.

Unlike Rolando, he actually played well when he could. So I'd take it

Drugs are easier to fix than a diva issue. And to be fair, he does play in Jacksonville.

Unlike Rolando, he actually played well when he could. So I'd take it

Drugs are a much more serious problem than just being a little cocky.

Drugs are a much more serious problem than just being a little cocky.

Quitting on your team is kindve a big deal(not saying that Dez did that.. But a lot of Divas are like that). Drugs are more life threatening, but it is a correctable issue...

Quitting on your team is kindve a big deal(not saying that Dez did that.. But a lot of Divas are like that). Drugs are more life threatening, but it is a correctable issue...

Not always.  You're not taking into account the addictive personalities that often accompany drug use.  For some, its near impossible to quit.

But having said that, I didn't like Dez walking out before the game was over.  In hockey, a teammate would fight you the next morning in practice.  And that's why I love hockey haha.

Jax already said they can't release him til he is reinstated

So if he isn't believed to be available for this season there's

No reason to discuss him til next February

Jax already said they can't release him til he is reinstated

So if he isn't believed to be available for this season there's

No reason to discuss him til next February

Exactly!!!!!

no tnx is already looking to miss a whole year and i think the next slip will be for the same length.

dude seems very slip up prone...........

I dunno sounded like the Jags were sick of it.

Well that should tell you all you need to know about the guy.....he's too much of a loser for even the Jags.

And after he misses another year of football, he will have been out of the league for almost two years; I would say he would be rusty, but he never put in enough time on the field to acquire rust.

His career is probably over

Well that should tell you all you need to know about the guy.....he's too much of a loser for even the Jags.

And after he misses another year of football, he will have been out of the league for almost two years; I would say he would be rusty, but he never put in enough time on the field to acquire rust.

His career is probably over

I agree with everything you said except the last part. Some team will be desperate enough to give him one last opportunity. Heck, we (of all teams) took on Rolando, even though he truly wasn't that talented even when he was on the field for the Raiders (unlike Blackmon, who is a beast when he is playing).