Ravens at Saints      Pro Bowl Ballot      Game Rewind   

Watch Pre-Game Sights & Sounds LIVE at 7:45 pm ET

Be on the field with the Ravens during pregame! Watch players warm-up, follow news & analysis and go inside the team huddle!
Close

Photo

Take A Chance on Blackmon?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Mahatma_Sloth

Mahatma_Sloth

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

Justin blackmon has a ton of talent but keeps screwing up! he has been suspended for substance abuse(twice) and his things were removed from his locker by the Jags.  A bunch of you were not happy with this years draft because "we didn't grab Joe any weapons", Would you pull the trigger on this move? We could probably get him for cheap considering the circumstance. The real question is; Does he act out because of the culture that surrounds him or is he just another Rolando?

#2 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

Justin blackmon has a ton of talent but keeps screwing up! he has been suspended for substance abuse(twice) and his things were removed from his locker by the Jags. A bunch of you were not happy with this years draft because "we didn't grab Joe any weapons", Would you pull the trigger on this move? We could probably get him for cheap considering the circumstance. The real question is; Does he act out because of the culture that surrounds him or is he just another Rolando?

Seeing how he could be suspended for all of 2014, I don't think it's very likely. It's tough to say how the league will act. He was suspended indefiantly by the league in November, so it's unclear weather or not the league sees that as enough punishment for his second substance violation. Not to mention his numerous DWIs. If it just came down to him the player it would be one thing, but that's not the case unfortunately.

Edited by bMore Heathen, 13 May 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#3 Crabcakes&Football

Crabcakes&Football

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

We have a very well rounded WR corps, the problem is it's not top heavy. A WR like Blackmon would be big, but only for the right price, chances are he's another knucklehead that will cause headaches.

Enjoy the Ride.
Posted Image

#4 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

I doubt he gets cut this year. 

Owner/GM/Coach of the Shaolin Cuban Lynx

Diggs (Quandre) and Diggs(Stefon) 2015!

#5 AP562

AP562

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

he will be a great pick up but i doubt we will. He wont get release and wont play football this year

#6 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

Justin blackmon has a ton of talent but keeps screwing up! he has been suspended for substance abuse(twice) and his things were removed from his locker by the Jags.  A bunch of you were not happy with this years draft because "we didn't grab Joe any weapons", Would you pull the trigger on this move? We could probably get him for cheap considering the circumstance. The real question is; Does he act out because of the culture that surrounds him or is he just another Rolando?

If they cut him I'd be all for giving him a tryout.  No question he's shown the talent.

#7 Mahatma_Sloth

Mahatma_Sloth

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

Seeing how he could be suspended for all of 2014, I don't think it's very likely. It's tough to say how the league will act. He was suspended indefiantly by the league in November, so it's unclear weather or not the league sees that as enough punishment for his second substance violation. Not to mention his numerous DWIs. If it just came down to him the player it would be one thing, but that's not the case unfortunately.

but if we could get him in the same situation as Rolando where it is no detriment to us if he f$ up again, we just wipe our hands of him. I'm just sayin, if(and i know it's a huge if) he could turn it around the value at what we would get him at would be insane

#8 Mahatma_Sloth

Mahatma_Sloth

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

I dunno sounded like the Jags were sick of it.

#9 Mahatma_Sloth

Mahatma_Sloth

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

fingers crossed

#10 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:01 PM

He's a good kid, he just tried his luck once too many times. Perhaps now he'll put the blunt down and leave it till after his career is over, if it isn't already.

#11 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,896 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

I think he has serious issues. I'd give him a non-guarantee contract though. Yes young and talented and we need the WR help.

@gabefergy

#12 Static

Static

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

I'm down for giving most people second chances so yes. If the FO believes in him then so do I.

Bodybuilder , Rugby Player , and Diehard fan. 

#TeamBrooks!!

#13 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

I can't see Ozzie taking this guy. He keeps stacking red flags and the no non-sense NFL is having none of it. B/c of all his talent, Blackmon keeps blowing his multiple 2nd chances.

Edited by Bruce_Almty, 13 May 2014 - 06:38 PM.

#14 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,263 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

Dez Bryant is an FA in 2015. Just sayin.

bJNF689.jpg

#15 bravensfan52

bravensfan52

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

To much 

Live life like 52 plays- Bravensfan52

#16 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

Don't have the money for a long term deal. Don't want him.

Considering we dealt with a player for worse. I'd give him a chance

Banned

#17 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

I'd be open to the idea.  I'm not sold though.  Blackmon certainly has his demons.  There's no denying that.  However, he's at least proven that he's talented on the field when he's actually allowed to be on there.  If you can take a chance on straightening him out with little financial impact, you certainly have to consider it.  He's young, talented, and has the #1 WR potential we're still missing.

#18 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

I may be willing to risk bringing him in. He'd be great for our offense, as he's shown during his 2 seasons in Jacksonville that he has plenty of talent.The biggest question of course is whether or not we can straighten him out.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#19 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:11 PM

I may be willing to risk bringing him in. He'd be great for our offense, as he's shown during his 2 seasons in Jacksonville that he has plenty of talent.The biggest question of course is whether or not we can straighten him out.

Drugs are easier to fix than a diva issue. And to be fair, he does play in Jacksonville.

Unlike Rolando, he actually played well when he could. So I'd take it
Banned

#20 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Drugs are easier to fix than a diva issue. And to be fair, he does play in Jacksonville.

Unlike Rolando, he actually played well when he could. So I'd take it

Drugs are a much more serious problem than just being a little cocky.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users