Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sami84

James hurst

28 posts in this topic

This guy is a steal. No, he's not a dominant force.. but we don't need that on the right side. We just need someone who is reliable, and smart. While Oher was very reliable (never missed a game), he continuously was flagged for stupid decisions, and seemed to look lost on half of the offensive snaps. Hurst is also a very good pass blocker, so when he gets healthy, this line should be much improved in terms of keeping Flacco on his feet.

This guy is a steal. No, he's not a dominant force.. but we don't need that on the right side. We just need someone who is reliable, and smart. While Oher was very reliable (never missed a game), he continuously was flagged for stupid decisions, and seemed to look lost on half of the offensive snaps. Hurst is also a very good pass blocker, so when he gets healthy, this line should be much improved in terms of keeping Flacco on his feet.

He played amazingly against Clowney. Pretty much shut him down.

He played amazingly against Clowney. Pretty much shut him down.

On one play he actually stood Clowney up and drove him back. Need to make that one into a GIF.

If you can do that, you have a place in this league as far as I'm concerned (beat Clowney, not make the GIF...).

On one play he actually stood Clowney up and drove him back. Need to make that one into a GIF.

If you can do that, you have a place in this league as far as I'm concerned (beat Clowney, not make the GIF...).

Especially since Clowney is heralded as "once in a generational talent" and better than Julius Peppers. 

Edited by ravensnick

Especially since Clowney is heralded as "once in a generational talent" and better than Julius Peppers.

I think peppers was a freakier athlete than clowney to be honest Edited by Sami84

I think peppers was a freakier athlete than clowney to be honest

Completely. And a more developed player coming out too.

I hope this guy can recover and get back to his pre-injury form. He could be our RT and possibly our swing guy. One thing we're missing is a good backup for Monroe, and that could be this guy.

I hope this guy can recover and get back to his pre-injury form. He could be our RT and possibly our swing guy. One thing we're missing is a good backup for Monroe, and that could be this guy.

AT the worse, I think Hurst is one of the better back ups in the league.

Going to be a fun competition between him & Wagner

It should, unless the ravens are like "Lol, nope" and move KO to RT.

Glad he's on board.  He appeared in 2 of my mocks, 1 pre-injury and 1 post-injury.  I've always been a fan of his and I think he has a very strong chance of actually making the team.  I wouldn't be too surprised to see him start the offseason on the PUP though.

Read a comparison to Mitchell Schwartz on CBS. Not bad for UDFA

I like Hurst as a potential RT or even LG. I like him more as a RT but I think he could play well at LG. Really excited to see what he does.

I have been high on him for as long as I have known about him. I mean in reality he was looked at as a first round pick and definitely a top 5 tackle in the draft before he broke his leg an argument could be made for top 3 all the way up to this year. To get him as a UDFA I expect our o line to be beyond light years better than last year if we can get Castillo to sit down and be quiet and let Kubiak o his thing.

Monroe with another year, KO seemingly healthy, Zuttah being infinitely better than the ham sandwich we had before, Yanda, and Hurst or Wagner depending on Hursts health and availability.

After watching that I am impressed with Hurst, but that is not knew.

Clowney showcased what all scouts were calling "inconsistent effort" 

And Renner is horrible.

Explain..?

The year before his SR year...Wagner was a projected 2nd rounder.   He had a minor fall out.  Wagner is better than few people thinks.

Here's a video of Hurst against Clowney.

Impressive, although to be fair a lot of LTs beat Clowney this past year. But wasn't Hurst one of the guys to do it in 2012 too?

When did he get injured? And when is he expected to return?

Broke his leg in December.  He's apparently almost fully healthy right now but probably isn't in shape, needs to pack on muscle, get back into football, and get those final rehab things out of the way.

I saw that yesterday and was very impressed. So happy we got him.

watch his vision on the kubiak style stretch run play @2:14 he pretty much made the RBs cutback successful

Edited by Mahatma_Sloth