14 replies to this topic

#1 52N19

52N19

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

"In the days ahead, the Ravens will be looking into adding an offensive tackle and a cornerback. But Newsome expressed confidence in young tackles Rick Wagner and Jah Reid and reiterated that the team could shift Kelechi Osemele to right tackle."

After three years of little or no production why do the ravens think jah reid could be any kind of answer on the OL. If osemele is not back to full strength and the center position is only marginally better then last year i don't see how we have an effective offense. Oher being gone is a positive but you need someone to take his place.

#2 ravensfan160

ravensfan160

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:03 PM

That came from the post draft press conference. The reporter threw Reids name in there and Ozzie responded in general.

Reid has been a huge disappointment. It seems like they gave up on him as an OT last year and he got passed over by Shipley as a guard. The writing is on the wall for Reid. He will not make the team this year and that is without his recent arrest.

#3 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

I will never understand how Reid is still on the team yet we benched then cut Harewood when he was a solid starter. I'm just guessing that the front office knows a lot we don't.

#4 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

I will never understand how Reid is still on the team yet we benched then cut Harewood when he was a solid starter. I'm just guessing that the front office knows a lot we don't.

I will never know why we even traded up and spent a 3rd Rounder for Jah Reid?

The guy I was looking at was Joseph Barksdale, who got picked later, which wasn't too bad.

But then... 

http://www.baltimore...s-draft-history

Edited by Yatagarasu, 10 May 2014 - 10:50 PM.

#5 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

"In the days ahead, the Ravens will be looking into adding an offensive tackle and a cornerback. But Newsome expressed confidence in young tackles Rick Wagner and Jah Reid and reiterated that the team could shift Kelechi Osemele to right tackle."

After three years of little or no production why do the ravens think jah reid could be any kind of answer on the OL. If osemele is not back to full strength and the center position is only marginally better then last year i don't see how we have an effective offense. Oher being gone is a positive but you need someone to take his place.

Jah Reid is simply a lot of hot air - and I mean literally! No core strength at all, just looks beastly.
Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

#6 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

Reids college tape was good, as good as KO's, he showed a lot of functional strength but it seems injuries have taken that from him. It's time to move on.

#7 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,688 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:25 PM

I never understood that either, but I think Harewood had some medical issues.  Still Reid is a bust, and he was a guy they moved up for in the third round.

#8 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,272 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

Reid will be one of the first to go, even if he does come into camp motivated to keep his job, he has shown he is the type of guy that will do the minimum to get by.

And why are people still shocked that players, coaches, GMs and owners seldom (if ever) say a negative word to the press about someone in their organization?

THE SUN, THE MOON, THE STARS AND THE TRUTH
login.png
ALL THINGS YOU CAN COVER UP, BUT EVENTUALLY THEY REVEAL THEMSELVES

#9 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

Yeah unless Reid comes into camp and absolutely dominates, I think his time here will be done

In Ozzie We Trust

#10 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,498 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

I never understood that either, but I think Harewood had some medical issues. Still Reid is a bust, and he was a guy they moved up for in the third round.

he could at least run block. Reid couldn't do anything

#11 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

Yeah unless Reid comes into camp and absolutely dominates, I think his time here will be done

Reid and dominates in the same sentence lol. He would have transform into Ogeden 2.0 for us to keep him at this point.

Owner/GM/Coach of the Shaolin Cuban Lynx

Diggs (Quandre) and Diggs(Stefon) 2015!

#12 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,853 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

Reid is still on the team in the off chance he develops into the dominant RT he could have been. Why he hasn't reached that level, I don't know, but I expect this to be his last preseason with the team. 

#13 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

In Hindi - Jah means go!

So please Go Reid!
Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

#14 tolucaraven

tolucaraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

Exhibit A why you DONT draft for need.

#15 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

That came from the post draft press conference. The reporter threw Reids name in there and Ozzie responded in general.

Reid has been a huge disappointment. It seems like they gave up on him as an OT last year and he got passed over by Shipley as a guard. The writing is on the wall for Reid. He will not make the team this year and that is without his recent arrest.

As bad as he is in Man, he's worse in a ZBS.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users