67 replies to this topic

#1 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

Love this pick.  Even better that we traded back in to grab him.  In most other drafts this guy would have gone in rounds 4-6.  While he isn't the flashy receiver everyone craves, he could very well be the next Wes Welker, Danny Amendola, or Eddie Royal.

He is one of the best receivers in this draft at getting open in the zone and has fantastic hands.  The only knock on him is that he doesn't have "elite athleticism".  This meaning he isn't tall, fast, or big.

He is however, slippery and quick.  This guy will be a star and may very well fill the hole at slot receiver.  We have a good core group.  Torrey Smith, Touchdown Brown, Jacoby, Steve Smith.  

He will join our developmental group with Thompson and Mellette and I guarantee he will be a star.

2yno6dx.png

#2 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,726 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

Really happy to have him here for personal and football reasons.  I got to watch him slaughter my high school in the state championship twice.  He was a man amongst boys on that field.

#3 MoveThoseChains

MoveThoseChains

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:44 PM

I mentioned him on a thread a couple of months ago as an under-the-radar local guy. I had a feeling we were going to pick again in this draft after our "final" pick in round 6. I'm glad we did, and it was a pleasant surprise to see us draft Mike. The one position that Flacco has never really had is a reliable slot receiver. Now we add Steve Smith and Mike, who can definitely learn a lot from Stevie. I like it a lot. 

#4 BmoreSports09

BmoreSports09

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

Forget this guy. He still owes my buddy 4 bucks from Maryland football camp that was loaned to him for pizza. Never paid him back. Classless. (Disclaimer: True story, but obviously doesn't make him classless lol. Played against him in high school. He rushed for 240 yards on 8 carries. Stud.)

#5 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:49 PM

I love the pick because it gives Flacco a guy who can get open quick and that's very important in a WCO. I don't look at the draft for right now because I know it's more about the future then the right now. I think for the second straight year the Ravens found a quality WR late in the draft. Now nothing is set but to project into the near future, I feel pretty good about Torrey, Marlon, Mellette and Camp. That gives you a guy who can make plays at every level. More importantly I like this pick because the offense is different and we actually have a OC who uses his talent to create mismatches. In years past he probably would have just got lost in the mix because he's not a strong route runner and u had to be to win in our old system. However knowing Kubes will allow this guy to work in space, which is what he does best is exciting.

Man I can't wait until preseason.

mj5v69.jpg

#6 sflegend89

sflegend89

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:05 AM

He really does compare well to the Welker/Amendola/Edelman.. Steal in the 7th, could end up being a really good slot wr for us.

Edited by Moderator 3, 11 May 2014 - 06:54 AM.

<p>"I run wherever I land on the runway, gimme daylight and I'm Justin Forsett on a run play" - LOS

#7 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

Love the pick. He should be a great slot receiver after Steve leaves.

Owner/GM/Coach of the Shaolin Cuban Lynx

Diggs (Quandre) and Diggs(Stefon) 2015!

#8 FastEddie

FastEddie

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

I can't wait to see this guy in a ravens uniform. Vicious slot guy and I'm happy we drafted him.

When can I buy a jersey

#9 Ozzsome

Ozzsome

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

So after he was picked I immediatly watched two of his games and I have to say I am really impressed. He gets open quickly and finds holes in zone defenses, also he is really hard to cover because he's so quick. And the WF QB almost always threw to him.
He dropped some easy throws which is a minus, but his upside is huge. I love me some small slot guy. Really excited for this pick

Also I think its cool that some guys on here played against him

Edited by Ozzsome, 11 May 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#10 D-Rey

D-Rey

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

We could have a really good young underrated WR group if he develops into a good slot WR and Marlon keeps developing as an outside WR. We'll have size, speed, and an underneath guy.

Love it....when a crazy starts talking jibberish, we're like vultures

#11 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

So after he was picked I immediatly watched two of his games and I have to say I am really impressed. He gets open quickly and finds holes in zone defenses, also he is really hard to cover because he's so quick. And the WF QB almost always threw to him.
He dropped some easy throws which is a minus, but his upside is huge. I love me some small slot guy. Really excited for this pick

Also I think its cool that some guys on here played against him

And are still owed a slice of pizza from him.  That ones my favourite haha.

#12 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

with him I suggest you ignore the measurables. Hes basically our annoying jitterbug. You know what its like to play against them, you wish you could squash with a monster truck

#13 rafahash

rafahash

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

I absolutely love this pick. Great talent at the 7th. Seems to me we had an amazing draft.

#14 Willbacker

Willbacker

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

If we traded for him you know he's thought of very highly. On day 3 this was the pick that most excited me.

#15 baltimorefan328

baltimorefan328

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

I went to wake forest with Camp and knew him. Good kid and hard worker. He was one of the best wide receivers in the ACC and that was on a Wake Forest team with Tanner Pryce throwing him the ball. He may be on the smaller side but he has the quickness and smarts to get open. This is the kind of guy Flacco needs to be that third down guy to just sit at the sticks. Him, Pitta, and Daniels and even Smith should give Flacco some very helpful outlets on third down this year. Camp was on watch to be the best receiver in the ACC until he got unlucky and had his collarbone broken. This guy i believe is higher than a 7th round talent and he is not the same as just picking a random guy in the 7th round. He actually has the potential to fill an immediate need and be a big help to Flacco and this offense even as a rookie...assuming he comes in and works and earns it

#16 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

by the way. He has a posse. Be warned people. You will find his posse making accounts on this forum and if he isnt getting playing time or getting criticized they will appear on here and troll.

He is a steal though

Edited by Sami84, 11 May 2014 - 11:44 AM.

#17 Ozzsome

Ozzsome

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

And are still owed a slice of pizza from him.  That ones my favourite haha.

That one made me chuckle too lol

#18 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:15 PM

I really liked this pick, a local guy who has some really nice quickness in the slot for us. I was afraid a team like New England or Denver would be all over him but luckily we were able to get him. I say he compares quite a bit to a Welker or Edelman in the slot.

In Ozzie We Trust

#19 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,726 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

I really liked this pick, a local guy who has some really nice quickness in the slot for us. I was afraid a team like New England or Denver would be all over him but luckily we were able to get him. I say he compares quite a bit to a Welker or Edelman in the slot.

I do think he's a lot like Edelman (not so much Welker). They have similar body types and skill sets. They're more possession guys as opposed to explosive weapons.

#20 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

Compared to welker..he is far more athletic. Faster, way better vertical. Quicker release.

I see him being a massive steal for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users