Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ausman

Josh Bynes Out?

26 posts in this topic

Now that we drafted CJ Mosley is Josh Bynes on his way out? Please say it's so!

I still haven't forgotten that he gave up that game clinching catch to JerMicheal Finley and the Packers on a 3rd down that lost us the game! I know it still leave a sour taste in your mouths too right?

ha, he may still make the cuts, would give us 4 inside backers. Which is about right for the 3-4 and depth purposes. 

Coach Harbs says there are now starters coming into camp. CJ will have to prove himself like everyone has before him.

He'll get back to what he's supposed to do - play special teams. He struggles at every aspect when it comes to playing LB.

I thought Josh Bynes played well when ever he was asked to play on defense. He had his bad moments but what player doesn't.

He'll compete with McClellan and whoever offers the most on ST will get the job.

Bynes will stick around.  He is a solid special teams player and can contribute a bit on defense as well.  

I still haven't forgotten that he gave up that game clinching catch to JerMicheal Finley and the Packers on a 3rd down that lost us the game! I know it still leave a sour taste in your mouths too right?

That was Elam.

Bynes is an average linebacker. The addition of Mosley will certainly push him a bit to make the team, but a lot of this still depends on how he performs in OTAs and Training Camp. Bynes could still make the roster, and so could McClellan.

Add Mosely to our current roster a total of 12 LBs (6 inside and 6 out) Likely we'll only carry 10 ... and while it is simplistic to state an exact # to be carried on the roster (especially in May) a rule of thumb would indicate that Bynes, Bryant, McClellan and Hamilton will be fighting for 2 available slots. The player with the best ST ability, combined with future potential will be on the roster.

Add Mosely to our current roster a total of 12 LBs (6 inside and 6 out) Likely we'll only carry 10 ... and while it is simplistic to state an exact # to be carried on the roster (especially in May) a rule of thumb would indicate that Bynes, Bryant, McClellan and Hamilton will be fighting for 2 available slots. The player with the best ST ability, combined with future potential will be on the roster.

Hamilton and Bryant (who are each going into their 3rd seasons with the team) are by far the least accomplished players on that list. I hypothesis that they will be the ones to get cut. They could still perform well in TC though, so it's not a done deal.

I hope so, he is one of our worst defenders in my opinion. Anytime I've seen a big play against our defense in the middle, it's because of him.

Edited by D-Rey

I think Josh is still likely to make the team. He'll likely back-up MLB Mosley as WLB Brown and SLB Smith complete the starting package. We'll likely need him for LB depth and ST depth as well as McClellan.

I've been wondering too. He's been great for an RFA but that only means that he's been a productive depth player. He's at risk but he's not out quite yet.

He'll get back to what he's supposed to do - play special teams. He struggles at every aspect when it comes to playing LB.

Yeah, I was hoping he'd be the kind of Bart Scott hammer in the middle but he's good on special teams.

Great info captain! McClellan was a bynes away from being more of a rotational player besides ST. I've never seen much of Hamilton, so I'd say Hamilton would get cut. Sorry doodoo rolls down hill.

Yeah, I was hoping he'd be the kind of Bart Scott hammer in the middle but he's good on special teams.

So was I. But the guy is just like a fish out of the water out there. Totally lost, he looks confused. He has zero instincts. In the run game his tackles always come like after 6-8 yards. In the passing game he's always like 5 yards away from anybody who he's supposed to cover. No wonder we focused on improving the depth at LB, we can't have guys like Bynes playing defense.

was elam and not bynes lol.

also he is a solid special teams player so he will probaly have the #4 ILB spot locked unless someone else shows up with more value.

Bynes pretty much offers what Ayanbadejo did. Solid special teams play and linebacker depth. I don't think he gets cut unless someone like Zach Orr lights up the field. Cut Bynes a little slack. I mean he did after all make the final tackle to give us a Super Bowl win.

Edited by RobFuseRaven

I'll agree that Josh isn't a play maker or pro bowler, however he is a solid back up ILB for us.

Wasn't Bynes the player who made the last tackle in the Super Bowl just as it looked like Ginn might break loose? I'm not saying thats the sole reason why we would keep him but he's solid depth.

I can see this going either way, really. As of right now we have Smith, Mosley, Brown, Bynes, and McClellan. Love him or hate him, Bynes has been a solid reserve linebacker who plays downhill decently. Meanwhile, McClellan has been a standout on special teams, which I can see giving him the edge in a Bynes/McClellan debate.

If I had to make a choice on it, I'd regretfully part ways. Not because I think he's terrible (which I don't), but because McClellan plays inside just as well (if not better) and lights it up on special teams, something Josh doesn't do.

was elam and not bynes lol.

also he is a solid special teams player so he will probaly have the #4 ILB spot locked unless someone else shows up with more value.

But John Bynes was supposed to cover him he made Elam look bad!