Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Militant X 1

Welcome to Baltimore....S Terrence Brooks

43 posts in this topic

Love this guy. I feel like he'll be a huge part of our defense this season

Edited by radicals

Very high on Brooks, I would have been happy to get him at 48 so getting him at 79 is even better. Great range for us on the back end and isn't afraid to tackle either. He has to improve those hands but I think he can do very well for us as a special teamer early in the year who we ease into the lineup

Very high on Brooks, I would have been happy to get him at 48 so getting him at 79 is even better. Great range for us on the back end and isn't afraid to tackle either. He has to improve those hands but I think he can do very well for us as a special teamer early in the year who we ease into the lineup

Yes ball skills is really the only knock on TB. But the good sign was the more and more he got comfortable in the back end the better his ball skills became. He's a guy that's always around the football. He's so smart and sees the game so well and the scary thing is he's still getting better at the position.

I don't think TB will be eased into anything. By no later then the 3rd preseason game he'll be the starting FS and honestly I think he'll take on that role from day one. He will be a stud for this defense just watch. If he had been getting coached up as a FS longer the just 2 years, he'd be considered the top FS imo.

I love how we're in a spot to make Brooks and Stewart duke it out for the starter's role. I don't think Brooks will be eased into anything, but he'll have to work for it. And I love that.

My pick is that he'll be our clear-cut starter by week eight (pending injuries), and just thinking about what projects for us long-term has me excited about our secondary. Favourite pick of the draft so far, and I'm keen to either get his jersey or Crockett Gilmore's (just to spite everyone :P ). Ozzie wanted an athletic guy who can get to the ball and at least tip passes, and I think we have that now. Sounds like he has the character to fit the team, and the versatility to cover other positions if need be.

Given we can push Elam back to his natural SS spot, this was basically two picks in one. And to think we talked about getting him in the second.

Edited by Inqui

Very physical centerfielder with 4.4 wheels. And people were worried we didn't pick Ha-Ha in the 1st round. ;)

This kid looks like he'll be very productive for us and improve our pass defense a lot. Communcation is the key. I love our potential new backfield. These young guys need to gel, once they do that they can become elite. Jimmy, Elam, Brooks & Webb. Can't wait!

I am so happy with this pick. Feels great after tooting Brooks trumpet over last two months. Welcome, Terrence - can't wait to see you and Elam in action side by side.

Kid is a play maker whos not afraid to lay the wood on someone. If he just improves his hands even just by a little bit, we will have a beast at FS.

Really glad to have Brooks around. As it's already been said, he needs to improve on catching the ball, but I don't see any reason why he couldn't start from day 1 if he wins the job.

I absolutely love this pick. This man is fast, and that can help a lot in coverage. I absolutely love what Ozzie and co. have done in this draft so far. 

Edited by rafahash

Not sure if it was mccshay or kiper but someone said he ran the fastest 40 for a saftey is that true? I'm really happy Elam can move to SS now :)

Not sure if it was mccshay or kiper but someone said he ran the fastest 40 for a saftey is that true? 

yeah

I love Brooks because I've said before the draft that he is the best coverage safety in the class. I'm glad I can stand by that. He needs to improve his hands but he is in position to get the ball. That's important because I feel we can develop his hands in time. Really happy with this one

I love Brooks because I've said before the draft that he is the best coverage safety in the class. I'm glad I can stand by that. He needs to improve his hands but he is in position to get the ball. That's important because I feel we can develop his hands in time. Really happy with this one

totally agree, drafted him in our mock for that reason. Great coverage guy

Love the Brooks pick. i think he has the potential to be the best safety in this draft if he can get the ball skills down. Plug and play starter IMO. 

Edited by ravensnick

totally agree, drafted him in our mock for that reason. Great coverage guy

Love the Brooks pick. i think he has the potential to be the best safety in this draft if he can get the ball skills down. Plug and play starter IMO. 

Yep. The great thing is his ball skills aren't really bad. He made some really impressive INTs from what I saw, and had a knack for forcing fumbles. 2FF, 1 FR, 5 PD, and 2 INTs. Not bad at all.

Yep. The great thing is his ball skills aren't really bad. He made some really impressive INTs from what I saw, and had a knack for forcing fumbles. 2FF, 1 FR, 5 PD, and 2 INTs. Not bad at all.

they aren't the best either, but he should be one of the better player out of this draft.

they aren't the best either, but he should be one of the better player out of this draft.

It's not, but he's only played FS to a limited extent compared to other prospects. Also, it's FSU and the defense they had really didn't lend much time for him to get the INT. They had a pretty aggressive defense focused on sacks more than anything.

It's not, but he's only played FS to a limited extent compared to other prospects. Also, it's FSU and the defense they had really didn't lend much time for him to get the INT. They had a pretty aggressive defense focused on sacks more than anything.

True. I'm not worried at all about Brooks. He is one of the better compliments to Elam in this draft.

Possibly our best pick from this draft. Great value, imo, and he's going to free up Elam to wreck people. This is the kind of pick that, while filling a need, upgrades all the other positions on the field. Having a center fielder like him frees Elam to do his thing and also allows for us to blitz more. 

Elam and Brooks could be a tandem to be reckoned with for years to come. Especially if our D-Line performs the way it's capable of ... I'm excited to see the revival of the Ravens Defense. 

True. I'm not worried at all about Brooks. He is one of the better compliments to Elam in this draft.

Possibly our best pick from this draft. Great value, imo, and he's going to free up Elam to wreck people. This is the kind of pick that, while filling a need, upgrades all the other positions on the field. Having a center fielder like him frees Elam to do his thing and also allows for us to blitz more. 

Elam and Brooks could be a tandem to be reckoned with for years to come. Especially if our D-Line performs the way it's capable of ... I'm excited to see the revival of the Ravens Defense. 

This pick really does a lot. Let me talk about it. I'm really excited over it.

By drafting Brooks and Jernigan, it improves the entire defense. First, let's expect this as our defense:

DUMERVIL | WILLIAMS | NGATA | SUGGS

WEBB | D. SMITH | MOSLEY | BROWN | J. SMITH

ELAM

BROOKS

You can use Brooks as the centerfield safety and play him deep or closer to the LOS depending on the look of the offense. Elam can play in the box or go back or even enter a dime CB role, possibly nickel as well. Brooks is a CB convert so even he could play coverage as well. Additionally, you have Williams and Ngata clogging the middle with three LBs who are great at coverage. This is absurd! You also have a rotation consisting of Jernigan, Tyson, KLM, and Canty. That's a pretty absurd DL. MCPhee will likely back-up Suggs. I see Upshaw rotating with Dumervil. We should have a very stout run defense. With the pass rush Arthur provides and even Smith, the DL should wreak havoc on opposing OLs. This should help force INTs, incompletions, sacks. I'm really excited for this starting defense.

Elam now  being back at SS really gives many options. He has experience playing FS, can play dime and possibly nickel, and on top of it, he can play hard against the run.

This pick really does a lot. Let me talk about it. I'm really excited over it.

By drafting Brooks and Jernigan, it improves the entire defense. First, let's expect this as our defense:

DUMERVIL | WILLIAMS | NGATA | SUGGS

WEBB | D. SMITH | MOSLEY | BROWN | J. SMITH

ELAM

BROOKS

You can use Brooks as the centerfield safety and play him deep or closer to the LOS depending on the look of the offense. Elam can play in the box or go back or even enter a dime CB role, possibly nickel as well. Brooks is a CB convert so even he could play coverage as well. Additionally, you have Williams and Ngata clogging the middle with three LBs who are great at coverage. This is absurd! You also have a rotation consisting of Jernigan, Tyson, KLM, and Canty. That's a pretty absurd DL. MCPhee will likely back-up Suggs. I see Upshaw rotating with Dumervil. We should have a very stout run defense. With the pass rush Arthur provides and even Smith, the DL should wreak havoc on opposing OLs. This should help force INTs, incompletions, sacks. I'm really excited for this starting defense.

Elam now  being back at SS really gives many options. He has experience playing FS, can play dime and possibly nickel, and on top of it, he can play hard against the run.

i can say, I'm looking forward to us knocking the hell out of people.

You can use Brooks as the centerfield safety and play him deep or closer to the LOS depending on the look of the offense. Elam can play in the box or go back or even enter a dime CB role, possibly nickel as well. Brooks is a CB convert so even he could play coverage as well. Additionally, you have Williams and Ngata clogging the middle with three LBs who are great at coverage. This is absurd! You also have a rotation consisting of Jernigan, Tyson, KLM, and Canty. That's a pretty absurd DL. 

Great points. That is the genius behind this draft, that many people around here cannot see. We've added so much diversity to this defense that the possibilities of what we will throw at other team are endless. Brooks and Elam can truly do it all; So where will you see them lined up? Teams will not know when the season starts. 

Adding Jernigan to the rotation creates another element of surprise. Canty/Ngata/Williams/Cody/KLM/Tyson ... That is as good as it gets on the D-Line. Factor in the LB rotation .... Trust me, Ozzie knows what he is doing with this. This defense is ready to shock the world (as Billick would say). 

Great points. That is the genius behind this draft, that many people around here cannot see. We've added so much diversity to this defense that the possibilities of what we will throw at other team are endless. Brooks and Elam can truly do it all; So where will you see them lined up? Teams will not know when the season starts. 

Adding Jernigan to the rotation creates another element of surprise. Canty/Ngata/Williams/Cody/KLM/Tyson ... That is as good as it gets on the D-Line. Factor in the LB rotation .... Trust me, Ozzie knows what he is doing with this. This defense is ready to shock the world (as Billick would say). 

I like us getting Urban and Jernigan because our defensive line didn't play up to expectations at all. I can see Urban taking over next year because Canty will be gone and he has the potential to be a starter. I love Jernigan because he gives us that pass rush up the middle which we have lacked for some time. Williams will step up too I see him getting more of the time especially since he's bigger. Jernigan will come in on nickel situations and can add that pass rush factor Williams doesn't provide. Overall one of my favorite drafts. Could also see Taliaferro being a big contributor for us and potentially an offensive rookie of the year candidate.