124 replies to this topic

#1 gregreid5

gregreid5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

Ravens are getting an absolute animal.  I could not be more excited.  Was the best player on the best defense in the country last year and the key player that made the defense run.  He was a leader on the field, VERY clean off the field and he is a mean SOB.

Watch this GIF of an example of his competitiveness.  

http://assets.sbnati...5/TimmyJudo.gif

FSU asked him to play a lot of NT in our 3-4 this year which he did well but that led to a lack of stats as he was double teamed every play. 

#2 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,429 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Ravens are getting an absolute animal.  I could not be more excited.  Was the best player on the best defense in the country last year and the key player that made the defense run.  He was a leader on the field, VERY clean off the field and he is a mean SOB.

Watch this GIF of an example of his competitiveness.  

http://assets.sbnati...5/TimmyJudo.gif

FSU asked him to play a lot of NT in our 3-4 this year which he did well but that led to a lack of stats as he was double teamed every play. 

All may be true but we have so much depth on the D line - we're ignoring offense yet again and we have serious needs on that side of the ball.

All we ever give the offense are the scrub picks. It's getting beyond old now especially after we were told how now we were going to build our offense like we did defense for so many years.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#3 Ravensuperfan1

Ravensuperfan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

well hope he dominates. Our D needs to get its swagger back and return to the top 5

#4 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

Welcome to Baltimore, our run support could use another force in the middle

In Ozzie We Trust

#5 gregreid5

gregreid5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

All may be true but we have so much depth on the D line - we're ignoring offense yet again and we have serious needs on that side of the ball.

All we ever give the offense are the scrub picks. It's getting beyond old now especially after we were told how now we were going to build our offense like we did defense for so many years.

I agree but who did you want to take?  Lee was gone.  None of the other wideouts jump out as a good pick.  We dont need a TE and I liked Kouandijo but he was gone.  No OL worth the pick at that point.

I wanted Martin in rd 1 but he was taken.  Ozzie has taken 2 good players instead of two reaches for need.

#6 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:01 PM

Nose Tackle is another underrated position. If you have a great one, your D is set compete. We haven't stuffed the run like we have in years past, and losing Art Jones would've left us depleted. I don't know if he takes Brandon William's spot, or if Williams can play DE next to him. Suggs, Ngata, Jernigan, Williams, and Upshaw is a lot of beef.

#7 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,189 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:35 PM

I agree!  And this is why I'm not buying into all of the hype of our off-season moves and addition for the offense.  They mean nothing to me at this point UNTIL I see them on the field in the first 3 games.  Then, I'll know what we're working with!

#Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#8 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,429 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

I agree!  And this is why I'm not buying into all of the hype of our off-season moves and addition for the offense.  They mean nothing to me at this point UNTIL I see them on the field in the first 3 games.  Then, I'll know what we're working with!

#Mili

Outside of Rice, Flacco & Torrey - I'm trying to think if we've been successful drafting offense. Perhaps Ozzie doesn't have that "magic" on that side of the ball.

I don't know - we had a shot at a decent Safety or TE with our #17 but we go Mosely - who could very well turn out to be a great pick - I just don't see it.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#9 Ravensuperfan1

Ravensuperfan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

Outside of Rice, Flacco & Torrey - I'm trying to think if we've been successful drafting offense. Perhaps Ozzie doesn't have that "magic" on that side of the ball.

I don't know - we had a shot at a decent Safety or TE with our #17 but we go Mosely - who could very well turn out to be a great pick - I just don't see it.

Jamal Lewis, Priest Holmes, Ben Grubbs, Marshal Yanda, Brandon Stockley, Todd Heap just to name a few others.

Edited by Ravensuperfan1, 09 May 2014 - 08:43 PM.

#10 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,429 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

Jamal Lewis, Priest Holmes, Ben Grubbs, Marshal Yanda, Brandon Stockley, Todd Heap just to name a few others.

Yanda - I knew I was forgetting someone still playing on the team.

Holmes was an undrafted FA. Lewis was 14 years ago.

Grubbs - 7 years ago. Heap - 13 years ago.

Maybe it is time to focus on offense in the earlier rounds.

#11 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,189 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

lol!  All of those cats were picks back in the day.  She's talking about now...in the present brah!  lol!

Again, I agree!  I am a HUGE stickler for a solid, fierce and ferocious defense however, the Ravens offense is lagging behind and we need to make up for that in FA and the draft.  We seem to always go defense heavy opposed to looking to load up the offense as well.  nothing has seem to change in this years draft.  Smh!

#Mili

Militant X 1

- Ray Lewis

#12 Ravensuperfan1

Ravensuperfan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

wait Holmes was undrafted?  dang who did I confuse him with Musa Smith.  There's also Jermaine Lewis if your counting special teams.

We typically do alright with running backs and linemen.  Its WRs where I get worried. Ever since Mark Clayton I prefer us to go after free agents. Torrey was an iffy pick that turned out great.

#13 tolucaraven

tolucaraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

Love this pick. He is a beast, he dominated when i saw him. Goes all OUT. Ravens need dline. Loss depth with Jones and Cody. Ngata might be hanging it up soon and expect his snaps to decline as well. Between Mosely and Jernigan they got much tougher and high motor guys who are winners. Great draft on paper, lets see how it really plays out.

#14 Ravensuperfan1

Ravensuperfan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

lol!  All of those cats were picks back in the day.  She's talking about now...in the present brah!  lol!

Ravens have only been a franchise for 18 years

#15 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,189 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

Ravens have only been a franchise for 18 years

That line gets old man!  lol!  18 years is long enough and the Ravens are an "older" franchise now.  No excuses!  lol!

#Mili

Militant X 1

- Ray Lewis

#16 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,025 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

Now tell us about Brooks mr FSU
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#17 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,429 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Now tell us about Brooks mr FSU

He's a ST player. Period.

#18 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,523 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

No. No he's not

#19 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Sure, that's why he had a 2nd round rating and ESPN called him a "steal" for us. You just go ahead and feel negative. Everything I'm reading is telling me otherwise. My only concern is his concussion history.
15fqib6.jpg

#20 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

I really like Brooks for us, he is that rangy guy on the back end who we need. Love that pick. Jernigan will be fun as a DE for us as well and I have a feeling he will be a solid blue collar guy for us. 2 really good picks

In Ozzie We Trust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users