Moderator 2

The Vent Thread 2014 Draft

889 posts in this topic

Do you like the pick ? Hate the pick?

Lets keep the comments here, no death threats, keep it clean and let the profanity filter do its job!

Score Ravens! Filled the need , need some time, hey Ozzie, Roll Tide!  Watched Ray fist punch the pick, not bad!!

Ugh not liking this pick at all. We just drafted Brown last year.

Was expecting HaHa or Pryor

I'm furious, but not because of teh pick. More when I've finished my shift....

Im turning draft off soooo disapointed. I was sooo happy that dix had fell. You drafted a guy who wont even play for a year. I'd rather trade back.

ozzie must be going senile, I have never doubted ozzie until now. im even madder then I was when we passed on hakeem nicks for Michael oher. ive vocally been against drafting HHCD, but jesus the guy was expected to go at 13 AT THE LATEST, and he slides all the way to 17, clearly the BPA, better value than mosley, and fills the biggest glaring need on our roster, there is literally no bigger hole on our roster than FS, on the other hand, we traded up in the 2nd for Arthur brown just a year ago, signed daryl smith to a long term contract, and ILB is practically locked up. I am LIVID about this pick right now. worst pick since kyle boller, and this is only the 2nd time since I started following the draft in 06 that I have been mad about any of our picks, I generally believe every pick ozzie makes is a smart one in some way, whether or not it is the player I "like", but this seems like a completely idiotic pick to me. neg away.

I was expecting a free safety,but history says Ozzie knows what he's doing.If Ozzie didn't trade down the pick then chances are this guys a football player.

I think everybody is severely underestimating how good Mosley is.

Go watch some tape. Ravens wanted an impact player at 17; well they just got one.

Feeling pretty much the same way I felt when we drafted Elam last year. Very meh-ish

I was expecting a free safety,but history says Ozzie knows what he's doing.If Ozzie didn't trade down the pick then chances are this guys a football player.

he was trying to trade back, you really think he sat and contemplated that pick for 7 minutes? no he was fielding offers and couldn't find a deal without moving too far back and risk losing any chance at taking a player high enough on his board

Ozzie didn't make this pick on his own. Eric, Harbs, the scouts all had input. How soon people forget teams running the ball down our throat last year. Do you remember Toby Gerhart gutting us for a potential game winning run? Le'Veon Bell among others punishing us on the ground. Mosley will be an outstanding chase guy against the run and be a leader for the defense down the road. Not head over heels in love with the pick but I can respect it.

Also consider that we might love a guy like Buccanon or Terrence Brooks for the value. Maybe even trade up if Jimmy Ward get's in range. I predict we get a FS in the 2nd and a WR with one of our 3rds.

Smith is gone after year 2.  He signed a 4 year deal and he's already 32.  They won't keep him when he's 35.  Now you have two guys at ILB that you don't have to sub out for in nickel packages.

Have you guys watched Mosley play?  I didn't watch many guys this year but Mosley is a 3 down ILB.  Those guys are rare these days.

Feeling pretty much the same way I felt when we drafted Elam last year. Very meh-ish

My thoughts exactly. 

Ozzie didn't make this pick on his own. Eric, Harbs, the scouts all had input. How soon people forget teams running the ball down our throat last year. Do you remember Toby Gerhart gutting us for a potential game winning run? Le'Veon Bell among others punishing us on the ground. Mosley will be an outstanding chase guy against the run and be a leader for the defense down the road. Not head over heels in love with the pick but I can respect it.

Also consider that we might love a guy like Buccanon or Terrence Brooks for the value. Maybe even trade up if Jimmy Ward get's in range. I predict we get a FS in the 2nd and a WR with one of our 3rds.

I do indeed, and Brown was one of the many who missed a tackle on that play, interestingly

Edited by The Raven

A solid player, I'm not thrilled. Time will tell. That ends my cliché barrage.

what are the odds we make a move back into the first to get jimmy ward? maybe our 3rd and a 2nd next year for a 29-32 range pick?

lol....this is the first hig IQ player we have picked in a while.

I was horrified by the elam pick last year

IM actualy pretty happy with this pick. The guy is a football player. Dare i say it, he reminds me of a young Daryl smith in college.

We took BPA

I have him higher then HA HA and Pryor.

Just Get a saftey in the 2nd. Maybe trade up for ward. A DE and WR in the 3rd. RB and TE in 4th.

Call it a day

Some of you guys are hilarious preaching BPA before the draft and then get mad when we actually take the BPA lol

Edited by sflegend89

Also consider that Arthur Brown is more of a developmental talent then we originally thought. The talent is there for Arthur to be a good player but Mosley will be a day 1 starter and is ready to go NOW. Much more of a finished product then Arthur was coming out, 2 time captain for Nick Saban.. this isn't a developmental ILB. 

Edited by sflegend89

Well,

I still cannot make sense of the pick but I will trust the Ravens with the pick.

I like his performance on the field lets see how well it transfers to the NFL.

Like someone else said he's an impact player and if he comes in and makes an impact well that's just dandy.

Like others Im not a huge fan of this pick, but we'll just have to see how it pans out to really complain. And think about it this way, in two years having brown and mosely as our starting ILBs. Both are extremely fast, I actually like the sound of that. As of now, him and brown will rotate in and out. Hopefully ward falls down the boards and we somehow manage to nab him!

Once the top three tackles went off the board, this was my guy.  I heard someone earlier say this was arguably the lowest priority position on our team.  Someone needs to explain that one to me.  We have ONE proven starting ILB on the team, and he is already in the second half of his career.  Mosley is the best ILB in the draft, and we got him at 17.  This pick will benefit us immediately in terms of depth, competition and talent on defense.

If we someone managed a way to get Jimmie Ward, as well, I might not even have to watch the rest of the draft.  We win automatically at that point.

Coin toss was difference between us getting Zach Martin instead.

Coin toss was difference between us getting Zach Martin instead.

being more like a guard, i dont know if that pick would have made any more sense from a 'draft by need' perspective. The front office also said they had mosely as there bpa at pick 10. Hey we'll just have to see how this turns out!