Moderator 2

Ravens Draft 2014

616 posts in this topic

Discuss the Baltimore Ravens Draft picks! Follow the conversation on Twitter#RavensDraft and visit our Draft Central page!

We are not doing a live chat, but would like invite you Baltimore Ravens Draft Centralhttp://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/draft/index.html

And a really cool draft guide if you have not seen it

http://prod.static.ravens.clubs.nfl.com/assets/pdfs/news/press-room/draft-book/2014-Ravens-Draft-Guide.pdf

That draft guide is pretty awesome. It's a pdf that you can download and save. Has an amazing amount of information in it.

Happy with the pick. He and Arthur Brown could be the best ILB duo west of SF in the next 3 years. 

Wow.

I was expecting HaHa or Pryor

But welcome CJ

Edited by Seseau

ugh Clinton dix is on the board ... welcome Mosely

Edited by Jokerraven

Mosley measures with moderate 40-time speed in this draft class (4.7+), but he has one of the worst agility metrics of any of the top-10 ILB prospects. Nothing about Mosley screams great athlete...

Happy with the pick. He and Arthur Brown could be the best ILB duo west of SF in the next 3 years.

what of smith?

I was thinking Haha but we got CJ.  Now we definitely need to go Latimer in the 2nd round if he is still on the board.

at best we are getting an under-sized, stable ILB prospect...one who is too slow to be a high-impact OLB in the NFL. However, like the Alabama linebackers before him (Mclain/Hightower) Mosley gets a Tide Roll right into the 1st-round of this draft despite his shortcomings......

Mosley measures with moderate 40-time speed in this draft class (4.7+), but he has one of the worst agility metrics of any of the top-10 ILB prospects. Nothing about Mosley screams great athlete...

Have you watched him play?

Have you watched him play?

Yes I have. Have you....

His total-tackle counts were OK/solid, but not out of this world. Actually, I would say they were average for a good SEC linebacker. He never finished in the top-10 for tackles in the NCAAs in any of his seasons in college.

what of smith?

I give Smith a maximum of two more years as a Raven. Even then, I won't be surprised if both Mosley and Brown are eating into his snaps this upcoming season and definitely in 2015. 

Look back at all the GREAT ILB prospects who went on to greatness in the NFL, Mosley has very little in common with them in on-field performance numbers, nor athletically.

Yes I have. Have you....

His total-tackle counts were OK/solid, but not out of this world. Actually, I would say they were average for a good SEC linebacker. He never finished in the top-10 for tackles in the NCAAs in any of his seasons in college.

Yes, I have and he's clearly a damn good athlete. 

Who gives a crap? Racking up tackles isn't the only a sign of a good LB. 

This is kinda like an Ogden pick in that we are in good shape at the position but Mosley is too good to pass up at this point. Him and Arthur Brown should be a fun duo to watch over the years, I am really excited for that

We all wanted splashier pick @17 but Mosely and Brown can become fantastic linebacker combo for years to come. Welcome CJ!

Look back at all the GREAT ILB prospects who went on to greatness in the NFL, Mosley has very little in common with them in on-field performance numbers, nor athletically.

What are basing that on? Some Combine numbers and tackling numbers? That's just moronic. He's clearly a plus athlete and was very productive at Alabama. 

Mosley said he was told it was between him and Zack Martin who went to Dallas.

Well, I wish we would have had Martin, but I can't complain at all

Yes, I have and he's clearly a damn good athlete. 

Who gives a crap? Racking up tackles isn't the only a sign of a good LB. 

AVERAGE tackle counts and PEDESTRIAN metrics (You know 40 times, Agility Drills, Bench) PLUS the fact his is undersized... but your right he is a "Good" athlete.......