Moderator 2

Ravens Draft 2014

616 posts in this topic

Discuss the Baltimore Ravens Draft picks! Follow the conversation on Twitter#RavensDraft and visit our Draft Central page!

We are not doing a live chat, but would like invite you Baltimore Ravens Draft Centralhttp://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/draft/index.html

And a really cool draft guide if you have not seen it

http://prod.static.ravens.clubs.nfl.com/assets/pdfs/news/press-room/draft-book/2014-Ravens-Draft-Guide.pdf

That draft guide is pretty awesome. It's a pdf that you can download and save. Has an amazing amount of information in it.

Happy with the pick. He and Arthur Brown could be the best ILB duo west of SF in the next 3 years. 

Wow.

I was expecting HaHa or Pryor

But welcome CJ

Edited by Seseau

ugh Clinton dix is on the board ... welcome Mosely

Edited by Jokerraven

Mosley measures with moderate 40-time speed in this draft class (4.7+), but he has one of the worst agility metrics of any of the top-10 ILB prospects. Nothing about Mosley screams great athlete...

Happy with the pick. He and Arthur Brown could be the best ILB duo west of SF in the next 3 years.

what of smith?

I was thinking Haha but we got CJ.  Now we definitely need to go Latimer in the 2nd round if he is still on the board.

at best we are getting an under-sized, stable ILB prospect...one who is too slow to be a high-impact OLB in the NFL. However, like the Alabama linebackers before him (Mclain/Hightower) Mosley gets a Tide Roll right into the 1st-round of this draft despite his shortcomings......

Mosley measures with moderate 40-time speed in this draft class (4.7+), but he has one of the worst agility metrics of any of the top-10 ILB prospects. Nothing about Mosley screams great athlete...

Have you watched him play?

Have you watched him play?

Yes I have. Have you....

His total-tackle counts were OK/solid, but not out of this world. Actually, I would say they were average for a good SEC linebacker. He never finished in the top-10 for tackles in the NCAAs in any of his seasons in college.

what of smith?

I give Smith a maximum of two more years as a Raven. Even then, I won't be surprised if both Mosley and Brown are eating into his snaps this upcoming season and definitely in 2015. 

Look back at all the GREAT ILB prospects who went on to greatness in the NFL, Mosley has very little in common with them in on-field performance numbers, nor athletically.

Yes I have. Have you....

His total-tackle counts were OK/solid, but not out of this world. Actually, I would say they were average for a good SEC linebacker. He never finished in the top-10 for tackles in the NCAAs in any of his seasons in college.

Yes, I have and he's clearly a damn good athlete. 

Who gives a crap? Racking up tackles isn't the only a sign of a good LB. 

This is kinda like an Ogden pick in that we are in good shape at the position but Mosley is too good to pass up at this point. Him and Arthur Brown should be a fun duo to watch over the years, I am really excited for that

We all wanted splashier pick @17 but Mosely and Brown can become fantastic linebacker combo for years to come. Welcome CJ!

Look back at all the GREAT ILB prospects who went on to greatness in the NFL, Mosley has very little in common with them in on-field performance numbers, nor athletically.

What are basing that on? Some Combine numbers and tackling numbers? That's just moronic. He's clearly a plus athlete and was very productive at Alabama. 

Mosley said he was told it was between him and Zack Martin who went to Dallas.

Well, I wish we would have had Martin, but I can't complain at all

Yes, I have and he's clearly a damn good athlete. 

Who gives a crap? Racking up tackles isn't the only a sign of a good LB. 

AVERAGE tackle counts and PEDESTRIAN metrics (You know 40 times, Agility Drills, Bench) PLUS the fact his is undersized... but your right he is a "Good" athlete.......

People really wanted another Matt Elam?  I would've liked us to trade back cus we're sitting pretty but I'm fine with the pick. Good duo for the future.

I j re-watched him vs. Texas A&M, and it encompasses all I ever see with Mosley. He sits in the middle of the field, and is always about a step or two behind plays. He makes his tackles with others...rarely do you ever see a clean, impressive solo stick by Mosley. Rather, there is a lot of chased/pushed out of bounds and runs up the middle where Mosley is one of the bodies clutching the pile toward the ground. He had 12 tackles in this game...and I'd love to know who was doing the counting of the tackles, because I didn't see it. Mosley rushed Manziel on occasion, and he never would get close...usually he was easily, too easily blockaded by an offensive lineman. I was wildly unimpressed with him in this game...and most every game I watched of him (from the context of 1st-round, best ILB in the draft perspective).

This is kinda like an Ogden pick in that we are in good shape at the position but Mosley is too good to pass up at this point. Him and Arthur Brown should be a fun duo to watch over the years, I am really excited for that

True.

Zomg why did we pick Ogden when we have Tony Jones?? We need an RB, Ozzie should have gotten Lawrence Phillips!!!

I hope I am wrong I truly do, but I honestly believe that ozzie was fooled by the tide again.....

Remember Cody........

what of smith?

3 years from now is what he meant.

Im happy about the pick but a little ticked that a coin toss was the difference between us getting Martin...

I hope I am wrong I truly do, but I honestly believe that ozzie was fooled by the tide again.....

Remember Cody........

Change your signature because obviously you don't trust him.

I like the pick. Thought for sure it would be Haha, but Mosley will be great. Mosley/Brown for the future in a 3-4 or even switching to 4-3 with Brown-Mosley-Smith all on the field. Looks good to me.

Remember Cody........

Try more recently, even Courtney Upshaw isn't living up to fringe 1st rounder (not all that on upshaw but still). I trust him more with players outside his own program. Ozzie is the best in the biz but i don't know about this one. Hopefully he can be more like JJ and not like the last 2.

Mosley said he was told it was between him and Zack Martin who went to Dallas.

I'm glad it wasn't him. we don't need a RT in the first. That kinda makes this pick seem better to me, just a little. Brandon Thomas or Billy Turner could be had later.

Edited by Bravens292

AVERAGE tackle counts and PEDESTRIAN metrics (You know 40 times, Agility Drills, Bench) PLUS the fact his is undersized... but your right he is a "Good" athlete.......

You have no way of classifying what's considering "average" tackle totals, nor do you have proof that all past great LBs racked up more tackles than anyone else in college. His 40 wasn't pedestrian at all. A 4.63 is nothing to sneeze at and his 1.56 10-yard split is pretty damn good. No, his agility drills and bench numbers weren't impressive but again, he doesn't look to lack lateral agility on the field nor strength. He is a good athlete. That you can't see that is baffling. 

Remember Cody........

I'm getting the feeling that you are not a fan of this pick?

I hope I hit an all time negative post record. You guys need to WATCH the tape and look at the metrics.... Then make a judgement.

It truly is unfortunate that Martin was taken by the cowboys. Shazier is going to destroy us for the next decade... But once again I am just speaking MY OWN opinions..... make your own judgements.....

I do trust Ozzie but that doesnt mean he doesnt make a mistake everyonce in a while......

This isnt a brilliant pick. But honestly, it could have been worse

it could have been those 2 busts in the making

HA HA and Pryor

True.

Zomg why did we pick Ogden when we have Tony Jones?? We need an RB, Ozzie should have gotten Lawrence Phillips!!!

Yeah I don't think there is a single Ravens fan complaining about that one now lol

3 years from now is what he meant.

Im happy about the pick but a little ticked that a coin toss was the difference between us getting Martin...

so its either going to take 4 yrs for a 2nd round pick we moved up for or 3 yrs for our 17th pick to cement a starting spot because we know that harbs will pick the exp of smith every time?

We invested way too much in the ILB position. I was angry that we picked A. Brown over Keenan Allen. Now, it seems like an even more wastefull pick.

Why get Joe some weapons? It's not like we signed him to a big contract...oh wait!

I hope I hit an all time negative post record. You guys need to WATCH the tape and look at the metrics.... Then make a judgement.

It truly is unfortunate that Martin was taken by the cowboys. Shazier is going to destroy us for the next decade... But once again I am just speaking MY OWN opinions..... make your own judgements.....

I do trust Ozzie but that doesnt mean he doesnt make a mistake everyonce in a while......

You obviously don't trust Ozzie, and you obviously think you know better.

We invested way too much in the ILB position. I was angry that we picked A. Brown over Keenan Allen. Now, it seems like an even more wastefull pick.

Why get Joe some weapons? It's not like we signed him to a big contract...oh wait!

And you too. Why should I trust your evaluations?