cushrinada1986

Could Ravens get a quality WR post draft?

49 posts in this topic

Potentially, but I wouldn't expect a WR1 or 2 on that list. Players get cut at that time for a reason.

if you watched the video on that link, i heard someone say we had an old secondary. Each day you find someone new who knows absolutely nothing about our team but has to add their 2 pennies.

if you watched the video on that link, i heard someone say we had an old secondary. Each day you find someone new who knows absolutely nothing about our team but has to add their 2 pennies.

I think we're at that point where we have to give nfl.com the same disclaimer we give Bleacher Report articles.

I think we're at that point where we have to give nfl.com the same disclaimer we give Bleacher Report articles.

Really. NFL.com has gone right down the toliet. I rarely read any of their stuff.

Really. NFL.com has gone right down the toliet. I rarely read any of their stuff.

At least Bleacher Report has a few decent scouting pieces and the odd Xs and Os article that's good to read.

It's a sad day when you can make an argument B/R is better than the league's own site.

It was accelerated when nfl.com hired Gregg Rosenthal - of PFT fame / shame. They went tabloid direction and hired a bunch of scrubs to publish cheesy blogs instead of articles.

They used to be awesome and I gleaned a lot when I first started watching football but now it's crap. I hate it. There will be a rare decent article, I like Aditi K (butchered the first name not even going to try the last), but it is so disappointing.

I really like MMQBs new site

Who was that hot lady on the April 30th segment about the Ravens?  Webb and Smith aren't exactly old.  Surely Elam isn't.  I think she has us mixed up with the Steelers, but I'll give her a break because she is rocking that red dress.   :268213:

Who was that hot lady on the April 30th segment about the Ravens?  Webb and Smith aren't exactly old.  Surely Elam isn't.  I think she has us mixed up with the Steelers, but I'll give her a break because she is rocking that red dress.   :268213:

im guessing its aditi kinkhabwala.. pretty sure thats how you spell it lol

It was accelerated when nfl.com hired Gregg Rosenthal - of PFT fame / shame. They went tabloid direction and hired a bunch of scrubs to publish cheesy blogs instead of articles.

They used to be awesome and I gleaned a lot when I first started watching football but now it's crap. I hate it. There will be a rare decent article, I like Aditi K (butchered the first name not even going to try the last), but it is so disappointing.

They should hire Florio so they can have like a mega collection of scrub NFL analysts and writers.

Aditi's my girl.  She's actually good at what she does, unlike most of the NFL reporters.  She sticks to the facts.

Regarding the actual topic now, I'd say no.  The Bills could move up for Evans/Watkins, but it sounds much more likely that they're trading up for one of the big 3 OT's or staying put and taking Ebron.  Stevie Johnson would be nice but I don't think it's realistic to think it's going to happen.  I see no reason why the Giants would even entertain the idea of moving Randle.  He looked great at times last year considering how terrible that team was.

They should hire Florio so they can have like a mega collection of scrub NFL analysts and writers.

Need to go for the all star crew and grab Pete Prisco too.

Aditi's my girl.  She's actually good at what she does, unlike most of the NFL reporters.  She sticks to the facts.

Regarding the actual topic now, I'd say no.  The Bills could move up for Evans/Watkins, but it sounds much more likely that they're trading up for one of the big 3 OT's or staying put and taking Ebron.  Stevie Johnson would be nice but I don't think it's realistic to think it's going to happen.  I see no reason why the Giants would even entertain the idea of moving Randle.  He looked great at times last year considering how terrible that team was.

you just like her because shes an attractive women. she brings nothing to the table as far as football analysis. saying the ravens secondary is old just speaks to how little she knows...

you just like her because shes an attractive women. she brings nothing to the table as far as football analysis. saying the ravens secondary is old just speaks to how little she knows...

That's not accurate at all, but okay...

Bad as our oline was last year & much as most of the people on this site was crying "Poor Flacco doesn't have time to throw the ball" you think everyone would be talking bout drafting players for our oline not WRers......

Need to go for the all star crew and grab Pete Prisco too.

All they need is Skippo Clueless and have Sizzle as a guest commentator.

im guessing its aditi kinkhabwala.. pretty sure thats how you spell it lol

She's dumb as a box of rocks but hey no one wants to see a bunch of goofy looking old men on there right.

That's not accurate at all, but okay...

The attractive part is accurate IMO at least. But other than that I agree with ya lol

I don't believe for a second that Randle, a 2nd round pick in 2012, will be cut. 

Even though he had more than a few passes bounce of is hand sand go for INTs, Randle had 611 yds and 6 TDs in his 2nd year. Not bad at all, he should stay.

She's dumb as a box of rocks but hey no one wants to see a bunch of goofy looking old men on there right.

theyre every bit as dumb as she is lol

Ravens need to take one in this upcoming draft.  Smith is 35, the FO is kidding themselves if they're relying on him to be the #2 for longer than a year.  We already know Jacoby can't be an actual #2.  Just take a damn WR that isn't a complete project so this never ending saga of who Joe will throw to isn't on a year to year basis.

We definitely aren't getting Evans nor Ebron at 17 but we will most probably have a choice of Beckham, Lee, Cooks, and Benjamin.  I would most definitely get 2 WRs in the draft and get one as an UDFA.

Even though he had more than a few passes bounce of is hand sand go for INTs, Randle had 611 yds and 6 TDs in his 2nd year. Not bad at all, he should stay.

I would take Randle off their hands if they don't want him anymore.

Bad as our oline was last year & much as most of the people on this site was crying "Poor Flacco doesn't have time to throw the ball" you think everyone would be talking bout drafting players for our oline not WRers......

I agree with you. I think we need to target offensive line with one of the first two picks. If the guys we like are off the board at 17, then we trade back to the back of the first or wait until the second. But there are a lot of quality tackles and guards in this draft, so if we used our first or second for something else, I wouldn't be complaining. There's a lot of talent so we don't have to get a guy like Zach Martin at 17 when we could get the same talent with Moses or Bitonio, even Billy Turner in the third round that we could grab and would compete with Wagner for the starting RT spot. There is an OL in pretty much every round we could pick and have them competing for the job, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Ravens waited until Round 4. And wide receiver isn't that great of a need IMO, but the draft is too deep this year, it's almost given we'll select a guy for the future. We could get a great receiver from the third round on, but I think one will be selected earlier than that.

Edited by radicals

Ravens need to take one in this upcoming draft. Smith is 35, the FO is kidding themselves if they're relying on him to be the #2 for longer than a year. We already know Jacoby can't be an actual #2. Just take a damn WR that isn't a complete project so this never ending saga of who Joe will throw to isn't on a year to year basis.

We do have Marlon Brown that should continue to progress. One of the brighter sides of the passing game last year. But I agree, especially for the future. While wide receiver might not be a huge need this year IMO, this draft is way too deep with talent not to stock up with a talented guy for the future. It's likely the Ravens take a wide receiver somewhere in the first three rounds.