Ravens at Saints      Pro Bowl Ballot      Game Rewind   

Photo

Could Ravens get a quality WR post draft?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 cushrinada1986

cushrinada1986

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

Given the list of players that could be cut after the draft, is any of these players worth a training camp look after our draft?

http://www.nfl.com/n...rookies-offense

#2 Inqui

Inqui

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

Potentially, but I wouldn't expect a WR1 or 2 on that list. Players get cut at that time for a reason.

#3 RaineV1

RaineV1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:55 PM

The only receiver of that group that could be a good option is Steve Johnson.

#4 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

if you watched the video on that link, i heard someone say we had an old secondary. Each day you find someone new who knows absolutely nothing about our team but has to add their 2 pennies.

"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#5 Inqui

Inqui

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

if you watched the video on that link, i heard someone say we had an old secondary. Each day you find someone new who knows absolutely nothing about our team but has to add their 2 pennies.

I think we're at that point where we have to give nfl.com the same disclaimer we give Bleacher Report articles.

#6 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,603 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

*sees NFL.com link

2600410-1897432977-leavi.gif

#7 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,055 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

I think we're at that point where we have to give nfl.com the same disclaimer we give Bleacher Report articles.

Really. NFL.com has gone right down the toliet. I rarely read any of their stuff.
15fqib6.jpg

#8 Inqui

Inqui

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

Really. NFL.com has gone right down the toliet. I rarely read any of their stuff.

At least Bleacher Report has a few decent scouting pieces and the odd Xs and Os article that's good to read.

It's a sad day when you can make an argument B/R is better than the league's own site.

#9 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,601 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:30 PM

It was accelerated when nfl.com hired Gregg Rosenthal - of PFT fame / shame. They went tabloid direction and hired a bunch of scrubs to publish cheesy blogs instead of articles.

They used to be awesome and I gleaned a lot when I first started watching football but now it's crap. I hate it. There will be a rare decent article, I like Aditi K (butchered the first name not even going to try the last), but it is so disappointing.

I really like MMQBs new site
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#10 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:34 PM

Who was that hot lady on the April 30th segment about the Ravens?  Webb and Smith aren't exactly old.  Surely Elam isn't.  I think she has us mixed up with the Steelers, but I'll give her a break because she is rocking that red dress.   :268213:

Super Bowl Champions 01/28/01 and 02/03/13!

#11 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

Who was that hot lady on the April 30th segment about the Ravens?  Webb and Smith aren't exactly old.  Surely Elam isn't.  I think she has us mixed up with the Steelers, but I'll give her a break because she is rocking that red dress.   :268213:

im guessing its aditi kinkhabwala.. pretty sure thats how you spell it lol

#12 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

I'd take Randle or Stevie Johnson (especially Stevie).

Owner/GM/Coach of the Shaolin Cuban Lynx

Diggs (Quandre) and Diggs(Stefon) 2015!

#13 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,603 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

It was accelerated when nfl.com hired Gregg Rosenthal - of PFT fame / shame. They went tabloid direction and hired a bunch of scrubs to publish cheesy blogs instead of articles.

They used to be awesome and I gleaned a lot when I first started watching football but now it's crap. I hate it. There will be a rare decent article, I like Aditi K (butchered the first name not even going to try the last), but it is so disappointing.

They should hire Florio so they can have like a mega collection of scrub NFL analysts and writers.

#14 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,932 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

Aditi's my girl.  She's actually good at what she does, unlike most of the NFL reporters.  She sticks to the facts.

Regarding the actual topic now, I'd say no.  The Bills could move up for Evans/Watkins, but it sounds much more likely that they're trading up for one of the big 3 OT's or staying put and taking Ebron.  Stevie Johnson would be nice but I don't think it's realistic to think it's going to happen.  I see no reason why the Giants would even entertain the idea of moving Randle.  He looked great at times last year considering how terrible that team was.

#15 Inqui

Inqui

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:21 AM

They should hire Florio so they can have like a mega collection of scrub NFL analysts and writers.

Need to go for the all star crew and grab Pete Prisco too.

#16 tsizzle95

tsizzle95

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

Aditi's my girl.  She's actually good at what she does, unlike most of the NFL reporters.  She sticks to the facts.

Regarding the actual topic now, I'd say no.  The Bills could move up for Evans/Watkins, but it sounds much more likely that they're trading up for one of the big 3 OT's or staying put and taking Ebron.  Stevie Johnson would be nice but I don't think it's realistic to think it's going to happen.  I see no reason why the Giants would even entertain the idea of moving Randle.  He looked great at times last year considering how terrible that team was.

you just like her because shes an attractive women. she brings nothing to the table as far as football analysis. saying the ravens secondary is old just speaks to how little she knows...

Posted Image

#17 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,932 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

you just like her because shes an attractive women. she brings nothing to the table as far as football analysis. saying the ravens secondary is old just speaks to how little she knows...

That's not accurate at all, but okay...

#18 PurpleCityLights

PurpleCityLights

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

Bad as our oline was last year & much as most of the people on this site was crying "Poor Flacco doesn't have time to throw the ball" you think everyone would be talking bout drafting players for our oline not WRers......

#19 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

Need to go for the all star crew and grab Pete Prisco too.

All they need is Skippo Clueless and have Sizzle as a guest commentator.

#20 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,233 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

im guessing its aditi kinkhabwala.. pretty sure thats how you spell it lol

She's dumb as a box of rocks but hey no one wants to see a bunch of goofy looking old men on there right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users