#1 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:59 PM

Boring Sunday....

I decided to pop in my RAVENS playoffs DVD.

The Denver game.

Oh my gawd what an amazing game !!!!!!!
I knew exactly what was going to happen and I STILL got excited and anxious and sat on the edge of the couch.

I even had to stand up for the RAVENS final possession in regulation and J.T.'s kick in O.T.

Ed Dickson actually had a decent game.  Ray Lewis played like his life depended on it.

Torrey ?  He was killing Champ bailey all day.  Watching Rice has me hoping and praying last year was a fluke.

I am not even sure Ed Reed was there that day but Corey Graham sure was !!!!  Kruger was having a great day too.

But most of all Flacco and the O-line was something to behold.  Simply amazing.

Flacco haters ignore this game I recon.

You know a game is good when you know what is going to happen and you STILL get the up and down emotions.

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#2 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,692 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

My opinion his worst game of that playoffs, even though he played well.  Flacco missed Torrey twice in the first two series for bomb TDs on Champ.  Torrey should have had like 5 TDs that game.

#3 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

That is always a fun game to rewatch. It was great to finally see us have something go our way like that, every other year we would fall just short and there would be a drop or a fumble that would kill us. This time however, we hit it dead on on that last play and from there on, I was 99% sure that we were going to do it that year.

In Ozzie we Trust

Dallas Cowboys GM

General  Manager/Owner of the

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Puffins

#4 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

I'm ready for a repeat.

AND THEY SHALL KNOW NO GOOD OR PEACE, NOR SHALL THEIR SUFFERING EVER CEASE
logout.png
UNTIL THEY HUMBLY COME & BEG FOR MERCY ON THEIR KNEES, WHICH I MAY GRANT IF I SHOULD PLEASE

#5 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,312 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:04 PM

FWIW. I really really enjoyed the reg. season game against the Pats. It was such an emotional game for Torrey, but he lit it up and played his heart out. Personally, my favorite game ever for the Ravens
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#6 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:08 PM

FWIW. I really really enjoyed the reg. season game against the Pats. It was such an emotional game for Torrey, but he lit it up and played his heart out. Personally, my favorite game ever for the Ravens

My two fav ravens game are the 2011 and 2012 AFC championship. Losing was so painful but we came back and owned the pats the second game.

Owner/GM/Coach of the Shaolin Cuban Lynx

Diggs (Quandre) and Diggs(Stefon) 2015!

#7 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

My opinion his worst game of that playoffs, even though he played well.  Flacco missed Torrey twice in the first two series for bomb TDs on Champ.  Torrey should have had like 5 TDs that game.

Agreed. I personally didn't think we played that well this game offensively, but splash plays really helped us out. I thought Caldwell was a bit conservative in his play calling and we seem to struggle late in that game. It was definitely a fun game to watch but certainly not well played overall.

I don't feel Flacco didn't get into that lights out zone until the 2nd half of the AFCCG throughout the SB. But before then i think our offense got by on splash plays.
Posted Image

#8 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

To be fair though, no one makes 50 yard passes 100% of the time. Plus it was his first time playing in Denver and the altitude and cold air both affect throws. It's hard to adjust to new circumstances on the fly. 

Plus the Mile High Miracle was one of the pass deep passes in NFL history, so you know...

#9 allblackraven

allblackraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

Boring Sunday....

The Denver game.

I knew exactly what was going to happen and I STILL got excited and anxious and sat on the edge of the couch.

I even had to stand up for the RAVENS final possession in regulation and J.T.'s kick in O.T.

Ed Dickson actually had a decent game.  Ray Lewis played like his life depended on it.

Torrey ?  He was killing Champ bailey all day.  Watching Rice has me hoping and praying last year was a fluke.

I am not even sure Ed Reed was there that day but Corey Graham sure was !!!!  Kruger was having a great day too.

You know a game is good when you know what is going to happen and you STILL get the up and down emotions.

Dickson played pretty good throughout that entire playoff.

#10 Tru11

Tru11

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:43 AM

oher and mckinnie played great in that play off run.

its a shame they get trashed because it was decided castillo was allowed to change stuff that set the whole o-line back.

dq0w81.gif

#11 MTRavensFan

MTRavensFan

Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

Still have that game on my DVR, pull it up and re-watch it once in a while. Hands down my favorite game ever (no, probably not their best, it ain't pretty but it's us, but still...)

Just how leading up to that game NOBODY gave us a shot, how arrogant the Denver fanbase was, and how despite the adversity (two return TDs!?!) our guys just hung in there and hung in there so tough.

Also, the look of sheer terror and disbelief on Jacoby's face when that bomb came down, and how he fielded that pass almost like a punt, was absolutely priceless.

Total awesomeness.

"I would suggest not wringing those hands so hard that you sprain them. Take a chill pill." - Eisenberg

#12 Inqui

Inqui

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Still have that game on my DVR, pull it up and re-watch it once in a while. Hands down my favorite game ever (no, probably not their best, it ain't pretty but it's us, but still...)

Just how leading up to that game NOBODY gave us a shot, how arrogant the Denver fanbase was, and how despite the adversity (two return TDs!?!) our guys just hung in there and hung in there so tough.

Also, the look of sheer terror and disbelief on Jacoby's face when that bomb came down, and how he fielded that pass almost like a punt, was absolutely priceless.

Total awesomeness.

That made it a thing of beauty. Denver fans still thinking they got cheated out of a SB that year just makes the sweet taste linger.

Edited by Inqui, 05 May 2014 - 05:55 PM.

Proud Jerry Jones equivalent of The Rains of Castamere

#13 Ravens1991

Ravens1991

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:34 PM

Manning said Ed Reed shut down any deep option all game.

I remember reading late for work after that week and it said that Marshall Yanda squirted himself with a water bottle making his arms and jersey really slippery so they couldn't get a hold of him. That is probably the craziest thing I have ever heard a Raven do.

#14 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

that game showed what makes joe special. on the road, vs the 1 seed, 2 return TD's given up, ridiculously cold, in mile high altitude, against the golden child peyton, everyone is hailing him as the GOAT and they swear up and down its just gonna cement his legacy when his broncos destroy us and go on to win the super bowl. 

but.. the return TD's didnt bother him, he went to work, and it wasnt pretty, but man it took some balls to throw the way he was in that game, and he was spot on with that ball enough to keep us going shot for shot with peyton and trindon holliday. 

of course it took some help from corey graham early on to keep up, but joe never flinched. 

when it looks like were let down again because of a 4th down drop(jacoby) we somehow get the ball back inside the 2 minute warning with no timeouts. we have 2 failure plays in a row, quick incompletion, and we were all scratching our heads at the 4 yard scramble instead of throwing it away.. but all it did was burn enough clock to keep peyton on the sideline. while were all wondering why he wasted all that clock, he steps up, [profanity deleted] back way lower than normal, throws up at a terrible angle, avoiding a certain strip sack, and the ball still sails possibly above the stadium, and perfectly into jacoby's hands. 

i think between the AFCCG and the super bowl, its a tie for joes career defining game, but that denver game certainly was joes coming out party, coming out to play with the big dogs.

#15 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

wow.. i try to say [cox] back and it says profanity deleted.. grow up BR.com, get ur minds out of the gutter.

Edited by JoeyFlex5, 05 May 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#16 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

I still remember virtually NO ONE outside of Baltimore gave us a chance.

I remember listening to NFL on Sirius radio driving home from work that week.

They were previewing all the games for that weekend.  When it came to Baltimore v. Denver the host said

"This game isnt even worth talking about "  ( that is an exact quote )

The panel all agreed.  Baltimore didnt stand a chance.

Funny thing was Monday was excuses excuses excuses...

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#17 DraiNBamagE

DraiNBamagE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:09 PM

I still remember virtually NO ONE outside of Baltimore gave us a chance.

I remember listening to NFL on Sirius radio driving home from work that week.

They were previewing all the games for that weekend. When it came to Baltimore v. Denver the host said

"This game isnt even worth talking about " ( that is an exact quote )
The panel all agreed. Baltimore didnt stand a chance.

Funny thing was Monday was excuses excuses excuses...

It certainly was true, everyone loved telling me "better luck next year" leading up to the game. It was a glorious walk into work the next day. :)

#18 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

I loved seeing Champ get mossed right before half-time

#19 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

I remember telling my friend when the playoffs started this would be the game to determine if we won it all. I said if we beat the Bronocs in the divisional no one would stop us. This was the game I was most worried about and even when we had to drive the field I still believed we could do it. We all know how this ended.

Edited by redrum52, 08 May 2014 - 12:39 AM.

#20 edreedfromtheu

edreedfromtheu

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

Boring Sunday....

The Denver game.

Everything was fine until you call out "Flacco haters."

No, I don't ignore this game,  or any other game. 

The problem is, first of all... that you're shocked the very talented Ravens offense(yes, the entire offense is talented.  Flacco doesn't "carry" them) had a relatively easy time scoring on a weak Denver defense.  How old is Champ Bailey?

Secondly... was this game more of an aberration?  an exception?  Or is this how you see Flacco perform week in and week out?  Because I sure don't see that Flacco that played in that Denver game very often.

And third... what was the true victory in this game?  Because I say it was the defense pretty much shutting down Peyton Manning and that very talented Denver offense.  (Remember... TWO of the Broncos touchdowns were on kick-returns)  And the Ravens defense actually scored one of the Baltimore touchdowns.

Was it an exciting game?  Sure.  But would I pick THAT game to embody Flacco's career?  No, I wouldn't.  But since you did... just look at the wide open touchdown that Flacco completely mis-threw that would have been Torrey Smith's 2nd in the first half.  Then look at Torrey's ACTUAL 2nd touchdown.... which was underthrown, and Torrey had to come back and out-jump the corner.  The receiver made an amazing play.  I can't say that was Flacco's doing.

The Ravens have made the playoffs 5 years out of the last 6.  And they've done it with Flacco as their QB, so I don't know why you are so defensive about it.  They're not going to make a change in the next 4 years.  He's the starting QB.  Sit back and enjoy it.  And hope for more games like that Broncos game, since you obviously think he played an amazing game that night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users