53-Man Roster      Practice Squad      Kickoff Week      #PlayLikeARaven   

Photo

What is your most anticipated 2014 reg season game?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 ludy51

ludy51

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

My most anticipated game would have to be SNF against pittsburgh. Athough its an away game it should be s good one.

#2 Alaska Alaska!

Alaska Alaska!

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

I'm really anxious about the first three games.  Those games could make or break us. It would be even worse if we we're like 1-2 after week 3.  Can you imagine how dismal this forum would become if that happens? 

#3 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:28 AM

Steelers games are always huge, especially in prime time! The one I'll be most anticipating is the opener, which is 128 days away right now. Let it sink in, 4+ months!

a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#4 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

Well my buddy is flying in from San Diego so I am going to the game.
Of course Pittsburgh always ranks high. I might have a party for one of those.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#5 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

I'm really anxious about the first three games.  Those games could make or break us. It would be even worse if we we're like 1-2 after week 3.  Can you imagine how dismal this forum would become if that happens? 

Not at all... I have to disagree on that one.. If we are at that point, the boards may be QUITE active...they'll blow up.. People will be really upset.   I'm excited.  They are at home, and they are Division games....  They are gonna mean a lot.

117hd79.jpg

#6 Alaska Alaska!

Alaska Alaska!

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:40 PM

Not at all... I have to disagree on that one.. If we are at that point, the boards may be QUITE active...they'll blow up.. People will be really upset.   I'm excited.  They are at home, and they are Division games....  They are gonna mean a lot.

Dismal was a poor choice of words on my part. Better words would have been despair, chaos, "the world is falling". About 45% of the post would entail: 

• "We're not the same since Ray left :(
  •  "We should fire Harbaugh!  We paid Flacco too much!"

#7 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

Game 1. I'am very excited to see how this team is going to look right off the hop, we can't look past that. A new OC which we've been waiting for forever, and some new players. Game 1 is all that matters at this point (cliche, I know) but after last year, that's what we need to look to. However, Steve Smith vs. the Panthers in the 'Blood Bath' should be exciting to look forward to lol. 

#8 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:05 PM

Saints, Falcons and Colts games. Also, the Bengals. We need to remind them that they're not better than us.

#9 Inqui

Inqui

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

Home vs the Bengals. I'm really looking forward to seeing our new-look offence.

Edited by Inqui, 02 May 2014 - 07:06 PM.

Proud Jerry Jones equivalent of The Rains of Castamere

#10 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,348 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

Game 1. I'am very excited to see how this team is going to look right off the hop, we can't look past that. A new OC which we've been waiting for forever, and some new players. Game 1 is all that matters at this point (cliche, I know) but after last year, that's what we need to look to. However, Steve Smith vs. the Panthers in the 'Blood Bath' should be exciting to look forward to lol.

Yes, that. Always Game 1.
15fqib6.jpg

#11 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:27 PM

I have three - Atlanta, Tennessee, and Jacksonville - I don't like how any of those games turned out the last time, and while I won't call them revenge games being it's a new season, I would really like to see a great result in each of those 3.

#12 Inqui

Inqui

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:40 PM

I don't think they'd break us. For one, I can't see us going worse than 1-2 (losing two straight divisional home games seems pretty cynical, but for argument's sake we only beat the Browns of that three). We'd still only be one game behind the Steelers or Bengals for the AFCN, maybe two games.

Either way, there'd be 13 other games for those guys to drop (is the thought of the Steelers getting their usual injury run or Andy Dalton single-handedly losing one game really that unrealistic???), and return games against all three.

That said, I agree the forum would go into meltdown. The same old draft stuff is kinda making me miss the "fire Harbaugh!" threads, but they'd get old pretty quickly too.

Proud Jerry Jones equivalent of The Rains of Castamere

#13 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

Steelers, Panthers, NO, Colts, Bengals

Owner/GM/Coach of the Shaolin Cuban Lynx

Diggs (Quandre) and Diggs(Stefon) 2015!

#14 edreedfromtheu

edreedfromtheu

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

It's hard for me to look forward to the Steelers games over other games because the disparity in talent on the Ravens vs. the Steelers is just enormous.

I'm sorry, but games against them SHOULDN'T even be close.  Ridiculous that the Ravens ended up with the same record as them last year.  I do NOT expect the same thing to happen this year.

As for the game I'm most looking forward to... there's 4 in particular.

Jaguars
Titans
Buccaneers
Dolphins

Why?  The Ravens ALWAYS seem to play up or down to their opponent.  A common theme under Harbaugh.  Last time I remember a blowout happening was in  the Super Bowl's first half against the 49ers.  And then it all fell apart after the blackout.

I want to see if the Ravens can finally assert themselves as a DOMINANT team.  I want to see them putting bad teams away early and having the game not even be a question by the time the 4th quarter rolls around. 

The games agains the Saints, Falcons, and Indianapolis are obviously going to be great tests for the Ravens.  But those were too obvious an answer.  I want to see domination against inferior teams.

Edited by edreedfromtheu, 06 May 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#15 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,890 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

Steelers at Ravens, 9/11. It's also the kickoff to my bachelor party weekend. Gonna get stupid drunk. Hopefully from victory drinking and not drinking away the agony of defeat.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#16 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,621 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

week 2 steelers at ravens

#17 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

It's hard for me to look forward to the Steelers games over other games because the disparity in talent on the Ravens vs. the Steelers is just enormous.

I'm sorry, but games against them SHOULDN'T even be close.  Ridiculous that the Ravens ended up with the same record as them last year.  I do NOT expect the same thing to happen this year.

As for the game I'm most looking forward to... there's 3 in particular.

Jaguars
Titans
Buccaneers
Dolphins

Why?  The Ravens ALWAYS seem to play up or down to their opponent.  A common theme under Harbaugh.  Last time I remember a blowout happening was in  the Super Bowl's first half against the 49ers.  And then it all fell apart after the blackout.

I want to see if the Ravens can finally assert themselves as a DOMINANT team.  I want to see them putting bad teams away early and having the game not even be a question by the time the 4th quarter rolls around. 

The games agains the Saints, Falcons, and Indianapolis are obviously going to be great tests for the Ravens.  But those were too obvious an answer.  I want to see domination against inferior teams.

I woiuldn't say that. Steelers and us were about equally skilled last year and it showed. I'd agree the last couple years we always play up/down to our opened. Remember, one thing that makes the NFL so great is that truly, any team can win any week. Any NFL player and NFL team are one of the best in the whole world. 

Owner/GM/Coach of the Shaolin Cuban Lynx

Diggs (Quandre) and Diggs(Stefon) 2015!

#18 GTRavens

GTRavens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

Why?  The Ravens ALWAYS seem to play up or down to their opponent.  A common theme under Harbaugh. 

Such a common theme, in fact, that the Ravens have the fewest losses against sub-.500 teams of any NFL team since 2008.

Of every Ravens myth, this one is the myth-iest.

#19 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

At Saints.  Will be a test of defense and offense and the Saints are damn good at home.  Should also be one of the most difficult games and it's later in the season meaning both teams should really want it.  It's also... PRIMETIME!

Also... I wish the Jags the worst luck.  An awful performance against them, that I fully blame on the offense, has now earned Blaine Gabbert bragging rights.  He can now say he's never lost to the Ravens and beaten a Ray Lewis and Ed Reed defense.  Blaine MOTHER.... GABBERT! I'm sick...

@GTRavens, just cause they win, doesn't mean that they don't play down to the competition.  Letting lesser competition hang around is how you lose games.

Edited by redrum52, 03 May 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#20 GTRavens

GTRavens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

At Saints.  Will be a test of defense and offense and the Saints are damn good at home.  Should also be one of the most difficult games and it's later in the season meaning both teams should really want it.  It's also... PRIMETIME!

Also... I wish the Jags the worst luck.  An awful performance against them, that I fully blame on the offense, has now earned Blaine Gabbert bragging rights.  He can now say he's never lost to the Ravens and beaten a Ray Lewis and Ed Reed defense.  Blaine MOTHER.... GABBERT! I'm sick...

@GTRavens, just cause they win, doesn't mean that they don't play down to the competition.  Letting lesser competition hang around is how you lose games.

Except it's not how we lose close games, because we have the second fewest losses to sub-.500 teams since 2008 (I was wrong earlier, the Patriots have less than we do). And that's including 2013, when most of the damage was done - and we didn't really play down to anybody since we were down ourselves.

From 2008 to 2012, we were 29-4 with a +412 point differential against teams with losing records, meaning the average game was a win by more than two touchdowns. You know, "playing down". By the way, 4 losses IS the fewest in that stretch, tied with New England.

We play down to our competition less often than just about anyone else. That's a fact, so "playing down" is not something that should ever be held against us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users