rmw10

WR LaQuan Williams is back

40 posts in this topic

Glad he's back as well. Who knows, maybe he could fit in our new offense. Gonna be fun to follow through TC/preseason.

I've always been a Williams fan.  I won't soon forget Ray Lewis doing sideline commentary during one of our pre-season games and Williams was off to the races.  Lewis (in a high-pitched voice): "GO LAQUAN, GO! GO LAQUAN!  Go LAQUAN!!!"

Edit: Pre-season not playoffs lol

Edited by Ravenatic20

Really like LaQuan, he just seemed to have a knack for making smart, understated plays and was really good on ST.

Might not make it to the 53, though.

Really like LaQuan, he just seemed to have a knack for making smart, understated plays and was really good on ST.

He also had four catches in 2011. I believe that two of them were on our game-winning drive in Pittsburgh in week 6.

He also had four catches in 2011. I believe that two of them were on our game-winning drive in Pittsburgh in week 6.

Yep, I know you've been thumping his drum, too. Perhaps fate that he was your last one in the countdown thread?

Yep, I know you've been thumping his drum, too. Perhaps fate that he was your last one in the countdown thread?

Maybe. I was trying to find if the Ravens had anybody currently wearing the #15 (I didn't think we did), and when I found no one I figured that I would have to settle for a past player. And the next day I see a headline that says he's back.

Weird...

I think the ST abilities are the reason he's back. He would probably contribute more than Thompson, and he's another former Terp to add to the mix. I like it.

If it didn't already before looks like Thompson is sure to be out of the 53 man roster for this year or possibly one of our back up safety's. Always like Laquan and hopefully can help replace what Corey did for us with special teams.

LaQuan is nobody elsewhere but a known favorite player in B-more....hometown player!

Welcome back, Quan.....

PS: It's going to be very hard to make 53 roster this year but I'm counting you on board for ST......

Glad to have him back. Most likely a camp body and will push Deonte, Mellette and draft pick for the final WR spot, but definitely has a big hill to climb in order to get there. He has a realistic shot though!

Always been a fan of him as a player and a person. just seems like an all-around great guy, so im happy he'll be around at least for camp.

Edited by BOLDnPurPnBlacK

Good guy to have. Good locker room guy. Hard working. Has potential if he ever puts his tools together. 

Good guy to have. Good locker room guy. Hard working. Has potential if he ever puts his tools together.

Always thought he was a phenomenal returner and is a decent deep threat.

That is quite complimentary of someone who has been cut several times already. You must think Tandon Doss is like a receiving deity.

What experience has he had with returns?

Welp, the writing's on the wall for Deonte Thompson. See ya.

I wouldn't say that just because we resigned LaQuan Williams. As has been mentioned in this thread, both players are going to have to work very hard to make the roster. As of right now they're probably both on the bubble.

It's not uncommon for some teams to keep around extra defensive backs or linebackers beyond the normal depth guys on the roster just for the sake of special teams. The Ravens might keep an extra receiver on the team, beyond the normal six, just for special teams.