Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

757RavensFan

Gotta love Steve Smith.

51 posts in this topic

He tweeted this earlier today.

"@89SteveSmith: My dislike 4 @steelers will grow everyday I'm in the #Castle....#ravennation”

He already knows how important the rivalry is.

Awesome.

"Your hate will make you strong... Steve Smith"

( attempted Star Wars reference )

With how feisty Smith is on the field, he was meant to take part in the Ravens-Steelers rivalry.

Could be our Hines Ward.

Could be our Hines Ward.

bite your tongue!

Smitty has class, ward had none. chicken crap scum bag.......

bite your tongue!

As much as we may hate Ward, he would've been loved in Baltimore.

Steve was built for this rivalry. I'm calling a sweep if we stay healthy.

bite your tongue!

In a way Ward deserves admiration. I disliked him while he played, but his style defines blue-collar football.

As much as we may hate Ward, he would've been loved in Baltimore.

Steve was built for this rivalry. I'm calling a sweep if we stay healthy.

In a way Ward deserves admiration. I disliked him while he played, but his style defines blue-collar football.

His toughness and blocking skills definitely deserved respect.  His cheap, chicken crap hits away from the play were nothing to admire and had no place in the game.

bite your tongue!

I was using the Ward reference as a player that can get under your skin. Lol.

I was using the Ward reference as a player that can get under your skin. Lol.

Then it's entirely appropriate :D.

Man I can't wait for football to start up again.

ow boi no matter what smith ike is on he will be in for a long day lol

or some poor rookie if they pick 1 hahahha

I definitely see the Steelers vs. Ravens game as an absolute brawl this year. Both of us are coming off disappointing seasons and we are both hungry to get back in the playoff race. I cannot wait for Steve Smith to lay out Troy and Ike Taylor. 

Ward is complete trash and makes me sick, Smith is actually a legit tough football player that's not a huge *****. There is no comparison.

I was originally enthusiastic about getting Steve Smith to play for us. However it does not seem as though his true loyalties lie with the Ravens. During his goodbye letter to the people or Charlotte, he says that "I look forward to the day when I get to come home to celebrate my career, and retire in the city I’ve grown to love and appreciate very much.” If he is planning on retiring in Carolina anyway, he has no place here. He should not have come to play here if he wasn't truly committed to helping the Ravens. I don't want anyone in Baltimore who's loyalties are elsewhere. I think he could help us on the field, but he cannot care very much about being a good player for us if he outright says that he does not want to retire here.

I was originally enthusiastic about getting Steve Smith to play for us. However it does not seem as though his true loyalties lie with the Ravens. During his goodbye letter to the people or Charlotte, he says that "I look forward to the day when I get to come home to celebrate my career, and retire in the city I’ve grown to love and appreciate very much.” If he is planning on retiring in Carolina anyway, he has no place here. He should not have come to play here if he wasn't truly committed to helping the Ravens. I don't want anyone in Baltimore who's loyalties are elsewhere. I think he could help us on the field, but he cannot care very much about being a good player for us if he outright says that he does not want to retire here.

He spent most of his career there, it's pretty understandable and I'm sure any player would be like that. Just like I'm sure it was the same for Ed Reed. 

He spent most of his career there, it's pretty understandable and I'm sure any player would be like that. Just like I'm sure it was the same for Ed Reed. 

Yet is he has so much respect for that franchise, why not just take less money to continue playing there or retire now?

Yet is he has so much respect for that franchise, why not just take less money to continue playing there or retire now?

You can have respect for a place and still want to move on.

You can have respect for a place and still want to move on.

But don't outwardly announce to the team that you're going to play for now that you don't care about it as much.

Just cause he respects a franchise that drafted him and he spent the majority of his career there and he loves the city so much to move back there when his career is over doesn't mean that he should take a pay cut brah!  C'mon man!  Smh!

#Mili

Just cause he respects a franchise that drafted him and he spent the majority of his career there and he loves the city so much to move back there when his career is over doesn't mean that he should take a pay cut brah!  C'mon man!  Smh!

#Mili

My reaction to what he said was based off of a hint that he would return and sign a 1-day contract with the Panthers. If he truly wants to do this, then why bother playing for somebody else when you know that the team you played for previously is still your favorite?

Edit: And you are also willing to tell that to everyone.

My reaction to what he said was based off of a hint that he would return and sign a 1-day contract with the Panthers. If he truly wants to do this, then why bother playing for somebody else when you know that the team you played for previously is still your favorite?

Edit: And you are also willing to announce that to everyone.

The man built his career from being a Panther...not a Raven!

#Mili

Just cause the man want to "retire" as a panther while playing for the Ravens doesn't mean a thing man!  You are nit-picking over nothing!  Ed Reed played for both the Texans and the Jets but will retire as a Raven.  Emmit Smith played for the Cardinals but retired as a Cowboy.  It happens dude!  Steve Smith still wants to play football!  Something that the Panthers said he couldn't do for them so he has moved on to continue his career.  But, the man's family has gotten use to and loves the city of Charlotte, N.C.  and that is where he will move back to when his career is over and retire as a Panther.  So what?

#Mili

If Ed Reed was to sign a 1-day contract with the Ravens right now I honestly wouldn't care.

If Ed Reed was to sign a 1-day contract with the Ravens right now I honestly wouldn't care.

That's my point!  Ed Reed built his career as a Raven!  So, it doesn't matter what team he plays for after this.  When he retires..."he chooses" which team he want to retire for.  Remember, Rod Woodson and Shannon Sharpe?  Those 2 cats that actually won a Super Bowl with the Ravens?  I believe that Woodson retired a Steeler. And that Shannon Sharpe retired a Bronco.  Leave Steve Smith alone man it happens!  As long as he give the Ravens his all while on the team; who cares that he wants to retire a Panther?

#Mili

That's my point!  Ed Reed built his career as a Raven!  So, it doesn't matter what team he plays for after this.  When he retires..."he chooses" which team he want to retire for.  Remember, Rod Woodson and Shannon Sharpe?  Those 2 cats that actually won a Super Bowl with the Ravens?  I believe that Woodson retired a Steeler. And that Shannon Sharpe retired a Bronco.  Leave Steve Smith alone man it happens!  As long as he give the Ravens his all while on the team; who cares that he wants to retire a Panther?

#Mili

If I were the Ravens I would not let Reed sign, because he told us that he did not want to continue playing with us or retire after he won the Super Bowl, rather he preferred to trash up the end of his career with a lackluster stint with the Texans (I thought he played fairly well with the Jets). Therefore how can he say that he wants to retire in Baltimore when he left our franchise?

If I were the Ravens I would not let Reed sign, because he told us that he did not want to continue playing with us or retire after he won the Super Bowl, rather he preferred to trash up the end of his career with a lackluster stint with the Texans (I thought he played fairly well with the Jets). Therefore how can he say that he wants to retire in Baltimore when he left our franchise?

SMH!!!

#Mili

SMH!!!

#Mili

I think it's best to forget about it lol. There's no getting through to him apparently. I for one love that Steve Smith is going to be on this team. He plays his heart out.

I know this is a Steve Smith thread but I ain't letting this one walk. "He did not want to continue playing with us". We did not want to pay him the money. What the heck are you talking about?? The man gave us 12 years of service during a HOF career. Of course he should retire as a Raven as should Smith retire as a Panther. What do you think Reed is going in the HOF as a Jet?

Dammm!!